• Published 24th Jan 2021
  • 10,701 Views, 616 Comments

Through the Eyes of Nightmare - Mister E-Nonymous



A boy from an orphanage in New York has had a tough life. He lost his parents when he was four, he got picked on by bullies in school, he got kidnapped and forced to steal a diamond, and now, he ends up in Equestria as a filly Nightmare Moon. Oh boy.

  • ...
40
 616
 10,701

Chapter 16

Chapter 16


Golden Oaks Library... Ponyville... Equestria... July 25th... 7:30 AM...

Twilight was coming to. She found herself in Moonlight's bed, with Moonlight hugging her chest. Twilight looked down at Moonlight and smiled. She then kissed Moonlight's forehead.

"Moonlight... time to get up," Twilight whispered into Moonlight's ear.

Moonlight squirmed and then she opened her eyes. She saw Twilight and smiled. She then said, "Morning, Mom."

"Morning, Moonlight," Twilight said. "C'mon. Let's get some breakfast." The two of them got out of the bed, and headed downstairs.

Twilight and Moonlight headed on downstairs. Spike was already making breakfast for the two of them as they headed for the kitchen table.

"Good morning," Spike said to the two.

"Hey, Spike," Twilight said. She then thought of something and asked, "Did Princess Luna put me in Moonlight's bed before she left last night?"

"Yep," Spike said. "She thought it might be better if you two comforted each other throughout the night."

"Well, that was mighty nice of her," Twilight said. Twilight then looked over at Moonlight and said, "Well, you got some flight training with Rainbow Dash, today. How about tonight, we do something, just the two of us?"

"Really?" Moonlight asked. "Like what?"

"Oh, I think we can think of something," Twilight said. "Perhaps something you could enjoy. Hopefully there's something here that might interest you."

"Maybe..." Moonlight said. "What does the town have to do?"

"Oh, that reminds me," Spike said. He then pulled out a notepad and said, "Princess Luna made me make a list of all the things here that ponies are able to do here as humans do there. Even though there are a lot of things there that we can't do here."

"Especially at a certain age?" Twilight asked.

"Especially at a certain age," Spike replied. "And it seems that one thing that the two of you can do is... Bowling."

Twilight and Moonlight looked at each other and Twilight said, "I think we can do that."

"Sure, why not?" Moonlight asked.

"Alright," Twilight said. "We'll head to the bowling alley at 5:30, and then we'll have some dinner at a Hayburger."

Moonlight smiled and said, "Sounds good to me."

"Good," Twilight said, rubbing Moonlight's head. "Now, let's get eating."


Bowling Alley... Ponyville... Equestria... July 25th... 5:35 PM...

Twilight and Moonlight headed over to the bowling alley. As soon as they entered the place, all of the ponies stopped what they were doing, and looked towards the door. One pony was about to throw his ball towards the pins, which was set in a seven-ten split. And yet, the ball hit the 10th pin from the right side of it, and towards the 7th pin. But he wasn't paying attention as he and all the other ponies were keeping their eyes on Moonlight.

Moonlight got nervous, but then Twilight wrapped her foreleg around Moonlight's right side, saying, "It's okay, Moonlight. Let's just get to an open lane." Twilight and Moonlight then went over to where they could pick up a score card. As soon as they picked it up, they headed over towards an open lane.

Twilight and Moonlight then went over to the seats behind the lane they picked, and then Twilight put her saddlebags onto the seats. Twilight and Moonlight then walked over to where the bowling balls were ready to be picked.

"Alright, Moonlight," Twilight said. "Pick out a ball."

Moonlight was confused by the bowling balls. She then asked, "Why do the balls have finger holes when ponies don't have fingers?"

Twilight got confused on that and asked, "Fingers?"

"Like Spike's fingers," Moonlight said. "His claws."

"Oh," Twilight said. She then chuckled. "Guess we should question why ponies made bowling balls with three holes. But that'll come at a later date. Now, choose a ball." Twilight then picked up one ball and said, "This one seems good."

Moonlight then started looking at the bowling balls. Moonlight then saw one ball and reached for it. As soon as she picked it up with her hoof, it was snatched out of her hoof.

"HEY!" Moonlight said, looking up at the pony who grabbed the ball out of her hoof. But the pony who took the ball out of Moonlight's hoof gave her a sour look. Who else could it be than...

"Monsters like you don't deserve to be here," the mare said, scowling at Moonlight. "I don't see why Princess Celestia doesn't just banish you or lock you up somewhere far away from Equestria, where you belong."

She then was about to strike Moonlight until a magenta aura surrounded it. Spoiled Rich looked over to find the unicorn trying to hold her hoof and saw Twilight Sparkle, her horn glowing and her face scrunched up in anger.

"What were you doing to my daughter?!" Twilight nearly shouted. She angrily walked up to Spoiled Rich. "She didn't do anything wrong. So why are you treating my daughter like she did do something wrong?"

"You little tramp!" Spoiled Rich snapped. "You can't be serious! She is Nightmare Moon, and she cannot be trusted! She must be locked up and punished for the crimes she has done, and we must prevent her from doing anything that'll cause the end of Equestria!"

"She's not Nightmare Moon!" Twilight said, getting face to face with Spoiled Rich. "She's just a foal that looks like her, and nothing more! And there's nothing you can do to convince me, or the princesses, that she's a threat!"

"She's a monster!" Spoiled Rich protested.

"She's a foal!" Twilight said. "And I won't let you bad mouth her any longer!"

"I will not let a monster roam the streets, attacking the foals of this town," Spoiled Rich shouted back.

"She won't attack anypony!" Twilight said.

"You don't know that!" Spoiled Rich shouted. "She will be the end of us all!"

"What is going on here?!" came a voice of another mare. The two mares looked towards the voice and saw the mayor of Ponyville, Mayor Mare, walking towards them. "Mrs. Rich, are you threatening Miss Sparkle's daughter?"

"She's a monster!" Spoiled Rich stated. "How can you not see that?!"

"Princess Celestia has declared that Moonlight is not Nightmare Moon," Mayor Mare said. "You can't just shout out mean things about Moonlight. Especially in public."

Spoiled Rich got angry, looked back at Moonlight and said, "You'll get what you truly deserve, Nightmare Moon." She then left, putting the bowling ball down.

Twilight then hugged Moonlight, saying, "It's gonna be okay. How about we skip on eating out and make you something that would make you feel better?"

Moonlight gave a sad smile and nodded. She then picked up the ball, and then the two of them headed over to the alley where they were going to bowl. Even though that Twilight would have to teach Moonlight how to bowl like a pony.


Golden Oaks Library... Ponyville... Equestria... July 25th... 6:15 PM...

Twilight and Moonlight decided to come home straight after bowling. Moonlight was still worried about what Spoiled Rich said. Twilight then pulled Moonlight in for a hug.

"It's okay," Twilight said. "I know. It's gonna be a while until everypony accepts you. You're not a monster."

"I know," Moonlight said, sadly. "I just need some comfort food."

"Alright, alright," Twilight said. "Let's head into the kitchen." Twilight and Moonlight then headed into the kitchen and they saw Spike and Stan playing another game of Ogres and Oubliettes.

"And with that roll, I defeated the Squizard and he retreated back to the sea," Spike said.

"Oh, nice!" Stan said. "Another flawless victory!" Then the two of them high fived. Then Stan looked over and said, "Oh, Twilight and Moonlight are home early."

"There was... a little incident at the bowling alley," Twilight said. "Somepony still thinks Moonlight is Nightmare Moon. Moonlight needs some comfort food."

"Alright," Spike said. "I'll go make some. What comforts you, Moonlight?"

"Usually some quesadillas," Moonlight said. That made Twilight shiver. Moonlight looked over at Twilight confused. She then looked back at Spike and asked, "What's up with that?"

"Twilight's afraid of quesadillas," Spike snickered.

"No, I'm not!" Twilight said. She then shuttered and said, "They're just so... cheesy." She then nervously walked out of the kitchen. Spike then headed over to the refrigerator to pull out some things. He pulled out tortillas and three kinds of cheeses. He then started cooking the quesadillas on the stove top.

"So, you gonna be okay?" Spike asked.

"I... I don't know," Moonlight said. "That one mare kept treating me... like a monster."

"Hey, don't worry about it," Spike said. "You might be different than everypony, but it doesn't make you evil. It makes you unique. One of a kind."

"But what about all the other ponies who see me as... her?" Moonlight asked.

Twilight then came back in, walking up to Moonlight and said, "You are your own pony. Even if you were once human. You're a very unique pony. And just because you look like that, it doesn't mean you're a monster." Twilight then kissed Moonlight's forehead. "I don't care what you look like. You're such a kind hearted foal who needs love, not hatred."

Moonlight snuggled closer to Twilight, and said, "Why did that stupid gem make me like this?"

"It was unstable magic from a thousand years ago, Moonlight," Twilight said. "You're just a poor unfortunate soul that got caught under all of this. But, if you haven't come here, you wouldn't have a loving family." Twilight then looked over at Spike and Stan. "Right boys?"

"Yep," Spike said.

"No way I can hate somepony who loves me," Stan said. Stan then walked over towards Moonlight, and licked her face.

"H-Hey! Stan!" Moonlight said, starting to laugh. "Stop it! That tickles!"

"Aw... there's the sugar," Stan said, glad that he was cheering her up.

Spike then put the quesadilla onto a plate, and put it on the table where Moonlight sits. He then said, "There you go. Go ahead and eat."

Moonlight then walked over to the table. She then levitated it towards her mouth, and took a bite. She was astonished by the taste and savored the taste.

"This is so good!" Moonlight said, smiling.

Twilight shuttered towards the quesadilla and said, "So... cheesy." She then shot right out of the kitchen, leaving a cloud of smoke shaped like her. But when the smoke cleared, standing there was Pinkie Pie.

"Hey! How'd I get here?!" Pinkie asked.