• Published 29th Aug 2012
  • 1,869 Views, 31 Comments

The Legacy of the Rider - MrAwesome343



An "Angel" gets sent to Equestria on a mission to help in an up-coming event.

  • ...
10
 31
 1,869

The Legacy of the Rider: Alternate Ending

The Legacy of the Rider:
Alternate Ending



Taro and Thatch had skipped the wedding they had worked so hard to save.

Are you sure we should just leave? Thatch asked.

"No, but I hate good-byes," Taro replied without meeting the emerald eyes of his companion. Taro got ready to throw a crystal to the ground, containing the portal to home.

"Stop!" shouted a mare.

Taro turned slowly to meet the magenta eyes of none other than Rainbow Dash ten feet away. "Come to see me off?"

Rainbow had a serious look on her face. "How can you just leave without even saying anything?"

Taro looked down in shame. "I didn't want to face you and the others."

"So instead you decide to sneak off as we wonder about what happened for the next month as you slowly fade out of our memory?"

Taro felt even more shameful. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean for it to be like that."

You say that as though we've already left, Thatch said to Taro.

Shut it, I'm trying to be nice here, Taro replied.

He said as he was prepping to leave forever.

Oh quiet.

"Are you even listening to me?" Rainbow Dash asked.

Busted.

"Quiet!" Taro shouted.

Rainbow Dash took a step back. "No, not you, Thatch. I didn't listen entirely to what you said, but I'm almost positive I heard a 'miss anypony' in there somewhere. Am I right?"

Rainbow Dash nodded her head.

Alright, winging it is TOTALY working now. "Of course I will. Rainbow Dash, I didn't want to say goodbye because I knew it would be too difficult. I don't exactly have friends back where I'm from, I rarely stay in one place. This is probobly the longest I've stayed with anyone. I don't want to get attached and have to leave in front of them."

Rainbow Dash looked sad already.

"So, are you here to see me off?"

Rainbow didn't answer but only walked up to him. She stood as high as she could. Taro grabbed her for support as she looked into his deep blue eyes. "No, a parting gift." She slowly closed her eyes as Taro and Rainbow made contact to each others lips. Taro held tight, not letting anything take her from him. They withheld the embrace for what felt like an eternity. Finally they parted. "Now you have a reason to return in... say... four months?"

Taro looked into her eyes again. "Sure thing."

Comments ( 3 )

would have been nice to have more background in a bit more detail

2267201 No relation to Inheritance, just the language and some other stuff from it.

3854399 Okay, no idea about Skyrim as I have barely played it. Eragon is used quite a bit in this story.

Login or register to comment