• Published 29th Aug 2012
  • 1,869 Views, 31 Comments

The Legacy of the Rider - MrAwesome343



An "Angel" gets sent to Equestria on a mission to help in an up-coming event.

  • ...
10
 31
 1,869

Epilogue 2: You Forgot About the Ring

Taro and Thatch stood in a wide area, with Celestia, Twilight Apple Jack, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, and the others around them.

"Well everypony, I wish I didn't have to go, but I have duties to attend to. I may not have had much time here, but I have grown attached. I'll see if I can convince Isron to let me come back, when the new Dragon Rider takes my place. I had fun here." Taro's eyes examined all of the ponies, but smiled at Rainbow Dash alone.

She blushed and took a step back.

"Good bye, Taro. Good bye Thatch. If it weren't for you, who knows what would have happened," Celestia said.

"You know, where I'M from, Dragon Riders are at a higher rank than princesses," Taro said with a grin.

"I think we ALL own you a bow," she replied.

On that note, all ponies bowed to their saviors: the Dragon and his Rider.

"I will miss you all."

I wish I had more time to meet you all, but from what I've gained from Taro, you are the best of friends any pony, man, or dragon can ask for, Thatch said, bending his neck to meet everypony eye to eye. He stopped at Spike. And just as Taro must teach the new Dragon Rider, I must help the dragon, so don't expect me to come back here and teach you how to act like a true dragon.

Spike smiled. "Will do."

Celestia used her magic to create a portal back to Thatch and Taro's home. On the other side, Isron was visible. Thatch turned and walked through the portal.

"Come on Taro," Isron instructed.

Taro pulled off the ring Isron had given him and threw it to Rainbow Dash. He never used it anyway. Before she could say anything, he walked through the portal and it disappeared.