• Published 29th Aug 2012
  • 1,869 Views, 31 Comments

The Legacy of the Rider - MrAwesome343



An "Angel" gets sent to Equestria on a mission to help in an up-coming event.

  • ...
10
 31
 1,869

Chapter 6: Deception

Shining Armor swung a sword at Taro's torso. He leaned to the left, the tip barely catching him. Once Shining retreated his blade, Taro swung underneath him. Shining jumped back, the tip clipping his nose. Shining ran toward Taro, swinging the blade furiously. He side-slashed at Taro, who proceeded to duck and delivered a spinning uppercut to Shining. Taro said only one thing during that move: "Shoryuken!" Shining stumbled back, stretching his jaw. He looked back at Taro. He wore a proud grin on his face. Shining Armor did a diagonal slice, which Taro parried. Taro went over Shining Armor's head, then, before striking, turned around and hit him from the side.

"Okay, you want to fight like THAT?" Shining Armor taunted. Shining Armor attacked furiously against Taro, who parried all of them.

"Woah, geez. A little concerned for you pride, huh?" Taro tainted. Neither of them showed any signs of tiring. "I'm getting bored of this." Taro switched his sword to his left hand, and pointed his right palm at Shining. "Jierda!"

Shining Armor was knocked back to the wall. "Hey, that's cheating!"

"Cheating? But you're using magic."

Shining Armor laughed, taking the hint that they were done. "I had you cornered," he bragged.

"Please, had I used magic from the start, I would've beaten you right away," Taro retorted.

"We'd better call it a night. There's an Inn down the road a little. You can stay there." Shining Armor handed Taro a small bag of bits.



Taro woke up in the hotel room. Twilight and her friends were going to arrive today. Taro sat up, put on his fedora, and went outside. It was still night out. Something had him worried. He looked up at the shield. I was fully in tact. He searched the area with his mind for all living things. Every last pony he could sense was asleep.

What's wrong, Taro? Thatch asked sleepily. Taro's burden had woken him as well.

Nothing, I think. With a confirmed mind, he went back to bed.

In the morning, like promised, he met Twilight, Rainbow Dash, and the others at the train station, just as they got off.

"And YOU'VE got a brother to see." Apple Jack finished. "Hey Taro."

"Hey AJ. What's going on Twilight?"

"Do you know where Shining Armor is?" Twilight asked furiously.

"Courtyard, I'll go with."

Taro and Twilight walked to the castle courtyard to see Shining Armor, directing more troops.

"Hey Shining! I..." Taro started.

"You've got some explaining to do, mister!"

Shining Armor looked down from his spot on the balcony. "Twiley! Oh I missed you, kid. How was train ride?"

"How DARE you not tell me in person that you were getting married? I'm your sister for pony's sake!" Twilight shouted angrily

"It's... not my fault," Shining stuttered, "Princess Celestia has requested a major increase in security. Didn't you see all of the guards at the station?"

"Yeah, there's a big wedding coming up, maybe you heard about it!"

"Twilight, this has nothing to do with the wedding."

"Then what is it?"

"An anonymous threat was made against Canterlot. That's why Celestia has requested my presence," Taro interrupted, "With Shining Armor getting married, Celestia asked me to keep a look out and help him."

"This you need to see." Shining Armor thrust his head into the sky, his horn pulsing with lavender magic. A stream of energy flew into the sky, causing the shield around Canterlot to pulse and gleam. "The burden of keeping Canterlot safe and secure rests on min and Taro's shoulders. Staying focused on the current task is my top priority."

"Alright, I get it," Twilight said, leaning on the railing to the bridge they had walked to. "You have a really important job maintaining the force field that only YOU can create, but how can you not tell me about something as big as your wedding. Am I not that important anymore?"

"Hey, you're my little sister. You'll ALWAYS be important, but I would understand if you didn't want to be my best mare anymore," Shining Armor said with the dumbest grin.

"You want me to be you best mare? I'm honored!" Shining Armor hugged her. "But I'm still pretty ticked you're marrying somepony I don't even know! When did you even meet this Princess Cadenza?"

"Twiley, Princess Cadenza is Cadence. Your old foalsitter."

"Wow, THAT sounds kind of awkward!" Taro inquired.

"Cadence?" Twilight continued. "As in THE Cadence? As in the greatest foalsitter in the history of foalsitter's?"

"I don't know, you tell me. She was YOUR foalsitter," Shining joked.

"Oh my gosh! Cadence only the most AMAZING foalsitter ever! She's nice, caring, and how many unicorns can just SPREAD love wherever they go? I only know of one, and YOU'RE marrying her!" Twilight jumped around her brother with glee. "You're marrying Cadence, you're marrying Cadence!"

She was stopped dead in her tracks by a pink alicorn. "Hope I'm not interrupting!" she said with a prissy voice.

"Cadence!" Twilight said running up to her. "Sunshine, sunshine, ladybugs awake, clap your hooves and do a little shake!" she sang.

Cadence had a disgusted look on her face. "What are you doing?"

"Cadence, it's me, Twilight!"

"Uh-huh." She pushed her way passed Twilight to Shining Armor.

Seems like she's not the same from Twilight, Thatch confirmed, Give her a dream stare.

Dream stare, the way Taro used it, revealed for only a split second what the target was like. "Draumr Kopa," he mumbled. A black figure took the place of Cadence for an extremely short period of time.

She turned toward Taro. "Bless you."

"Thanks," he sniffed.

"I've got to get back to work, but Cadence will check up on all of you to see how things are going."

"Well, I'm gonna check around Canterlot. Twi, I'll meet you and your friends later," Taro suggested.

"How will you find us?"

"I will." Taro flew off.