• Published 29th Aug 2012
  • 1,869 Views, 31 Comments

The Legacy of the Rider - MrAwesome343



An "Angel" gets sent to Equestria on a mission to help in an up-coming event.

  • ...
10
 31
 1,869

Chapter 8: Twilight's Confirmation

Wedding day. Everypony was at the church in the castle, going over what would be done at the wedding. The new bridesmaids, Apple Jack, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, and Pinkie Pie (they had gone to see the princess before bed the previous night), walked down the aisle first. Taro was standing in the corner watching.

"Not too quickly," Celestia instructed, "No need to rush. Then of course, Cadence will enter."

The door magically opened, revealing Cadence. She walked leisurely toward Shining Armor, who had an anxious look on his face.

"I'll say a few words, and then we'll begin with the vows," Celestia said, "Shining Armor, you'll get the ring from the Best Mare."

Everypony looked to where Twilight was supposed to be standing. Instead was Spike, playing with the cake decorations again. "Do you? I do!" he said, throwing the Shining Armor miniature.

"Hey, where's Twilight?" Shining Armor asked.

The doors swung open, to show Twilight. "I'm here! I'm not gonna stand next to her! And neither should you!"

"I'm sorry," Shining said, turning to Cadence, "I don't know why she's acting like this."

"Maybe we should just ignore her," Cadence suggested.

"You have to listen to me!" Twilight shouted.

"Oh goodness, are you okay?" Fluttershy asked sweetly.

"I'm fine."

"You sure about that?" Twilight pushed Apple Jack's hat over her face.

"I've got something to say!" Twilight pointed at Cadence. "She's evil!"

Shining Armor stepped in front of his fiancee.

"She's been horrible to my friends..." Twilight blinked behind Cadence. "She's obviously done SOMETHING to her bride's maids, and if THAT wasn't enough, I saw her put spell on my brother that made his eyes go all..." Twilight rolled her eyes. Literally.

Cadence began to cry. "Why are you doing this to me?" she whimpered and ran off.

"Because you're EVIL! And if I don't stop you, you'll ruin my brothers life!"

Everypony gaped horribly at Twilight. She turned around smiling, only to bump into her brother.

"Do you want to know WHY my eyes went all," he goggled his eyes like Twilight had only a moment ago, "because ever since I had perform my protection spell, I've been getting terrible migraines. Cadence has been using her magic to heal me! And she decided to replace her bride's maids because she found out that they only wanted to meet Canterlot Royalty. And if she hasn't been on her best behavior with your friends, it's because I've been so busy and she has to make all of the decisions by herself!"

"I was just trying to..."

"She's completely stressed out that it's really important to her that out big day be PERFECT! Something that obviously wasn't important to you! Now if you'll excuse me, I have to comfort my bride! And you can forget about being my best mare. In fact, if I were you, I wouldn't bother showing up to the wedding at all."

Twilight sat down in disappointment. She watched as her friends passed her with disapproving looks on their faces, Celestia being the worst. "You have a LOT to think about," she said as she passed.

Twilight sat down on the stairs. "Maybe I was being over protective." she began to cry.

"No Twilight. You weren't." Taro was still sitting in the corner. With Twilight's accusation, everypony had forgotten him.

"But... everything has been explained. It all seems true," she said back.

"Seems true, but it's not. Cadence isn't who she says she is. She's completely different."

"How do you know?"

"I do. We'll leave it at that."

Twilight looked at Taro suspiciously. "Who are you, really?"

Taro sat down next to Twilight. "All in do time Twilight, for not only is Cadence a lie, but I am as well. However, I am a good one."

"So you'll begone too, huh?" Cadence said from behind them. Her horn was glowing and a green fire had surrounded Twilight and Taro.

"Adurna!" Taro shouted, attempting to put it out. It was too late. The fire formed a circle around them and everything went dark.