• Published 9th Oct 2020
  • 1,156 Views, 12 Comments

Fallout: Equestria - Pip and Tia - starwars90001



The story of the Life and times of Little Pip and Celestia as they live in the SPP tower together.

  • ...
9
 12
 1,156

Looking at the now and letting go of the past

Author's Note:

[Adult Swim] Baggage Room
Chill vibe for a chill ending.

Watching the Sunset was still finding a way to empress Pip, it was hard to believe that the mare went from not knowing what the Sun actually looked like and being horrified at the idea of the sky, to watching every Sunset with a loving gaze. “I think twilight is my favorite time of day.”

Tia chuckled a bit. “Yeah, she is a beauty.” Tia always found her former student’s name is the hour of day amusing, it made for easy teasing material even if Twilight didn’t get it most of the time. “I think the Sun is better off without me around. Just letting it go the natural route seems better in the long run.”

That idea seemed, wrong’ to Pip. Growing up in her Stable she had been told since she was a filly how Celestia moved the Sun to bring about day, and her sister Luna moved the moon and brought night. When Tia banished her sister when she went power crazy Tia took over the duties of both sisters for a thousand years, unlit Luna’s redemption. Hearing that Sun and Moon could move on their own and didn’t the princesses was almost an impossible concept for Pip to wrap her head around.

“Maybe we could get another pony to do it?” Pip couldn’t think of any unicorn or mutant alicorn that could do it but if they could train some pony up.

Tia shook her head dismissively. “No, those days are over Pip, no one controls the Sun and moon anymore, that chapter in history is closed, let the world move on.” In truth, Tia always felt such power should never have belonged to any creature but when the duty was pushed on her by the high mages she accepted it through gritted teeth.

“So that’s it huh? No more moving the Sun?”

“Yep. It’s over.” Tia seemed too uncaring about it for Pip’s tastes. “Eh. wasn’t a hard job but was completely unnecessary in the end.” She smiled at her little friend. “I think it’s a good change.”

Pip just sighed, sometimes change brought things you didn’t care for, Pip knew that all too well. “Things have changed so much in the last decade, I barely recognized half the people I know anymore, they all changed.” All of her friends were leaders, parents, or retired. It seemed so surreal when she looked at the surface sometimes, entire factions that spur up in the former wasteland were now fading into the background or wiped out, in their place more organized groups had risen up. “It all seems weird you know.”

“I know, I’ve seen it thousands of times.” Watching the world for a thousand years than watching burn away in a war you started gives views on how things change. “Even your life will change again Pip.”

“I hope it’s just chilling with Homage for the rest of my days, I think I had enough adventure for a lifetime.” Sometimes when Pip looked back on the events that got her shuck in this tower and her life before that it felt unreal.

Starting most of her young life underground in her stable, a no pony by most standards. To then be uprooted by accidentally helping a fellow Stable dweller escape, no less the Musical star of her home, that would push her into the wasteland where she met horrors that would break any sane pony but also met the greatest friends she ever had, and with their help, she brought about the change before her. The Wasteland and its horrors were gone, all thanks to her friends.

But the most greatest reward from all of that was meeting Tia. Sure Pip knew ‘goddess’ Celestia, the holy mare who looked down upon them. But that wasn’t the real Tia, the real Tia was the greatest pony Pip ever met, a friend, mentor, party pony, wisemare, and daredevil all rolled up into one. That mare was a pony Pip would trade for any god in a heartbeat.

Yo Tia.”

“Yep Pip.

“Want to play some Space Wars then go look at some mares performing ‘questionable’ dances?”

“So normal Friday?”

“Yeah.”

“Sure thing, but add some manly Minotaurs to the mix this time. Mama needs some good muscle in her life.”

Both mares laughed as they trotted away from the screen of the set sun and toward a building label bar that spurred up from the void. They would not spend their nights dwelling on the past instead they would spend it enjoying every moment with each other, as best buds Pip and Tia.

Comments ( 4 )

10474386
No, though I listen to them this is more a take on the Vault Dweller's journal except with other people.

10488561
That’s undestandable. To be honest, if you look around the site, you can find quite a bunch of groups with active editors, like this one—though always make sure that the editor you got knows what they are doing. If you don’t want to look for a human editor, you can also go for some online spellcheckers and other error-catching online programs. Google Docs have lately improved their algorithm a fair bit, and it’s pretty good, able to catch even some punctuation errors. Though of course, nothing can replace human eyes yet—none of these programs will be able to notice if you mistype caravan for a cavern or other existing word.

Good idea, decent writing, but, er, improvable spelling.

Honestly, this story doesn't deserve the many down votes, since it's enjoyable enough to read despite the many mistakes.

Thumbs up from me!

10488561
Although, in my experience some of the problems are
It's & its
Too & to
They're, their, & there
etc.

Spellcheckers won't catch these because they are valid words, they are just the WRONG valid word.

You can also have trouble because in Greek mythology Pegasus was the name if Bellerophon's flying horse. Spellcheck thinks that it's supposed to always be capitalized. Google Docs lets you fix that.

Minotaur has the same problem for roughly the same reason.

:trollestia:

Login or register to comment