• Published 30th Sep 2020
  • 987 Views, 287 Comments

Help - WittyNameTFM

  • ...
1
 287
 987

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 39. Starlight: Shadow Bolt?

Author's Note:

Alrighty! Now we got the canon established. It only took...39 chapters? Well damn. Hope you guys enjoy this one a rewritten version of the original with some additions to add it jnto the continuity. Welcome to Starlight!

Thank you for reading!

It had been a long day, hanging out with the girls at the mall but finally Indigo and Sunny gathered the confidence to speak up. In the food court of the mall, they took their seats.

"Congrats you two!" Lemon said cheerfully, Sour nodded alongside Sugarcoat. Indigo was far more flustered than Sunny, though that could be chocked up to her acting talents…

"Thanks…" Indigo managed. "Just, don't make a big deal out of it for now, okay?"

"Why not? You two are finally official." She tilted her head. "I didn't think it'd happen until after we graduated."

"I just-wait. What?"

"How do I put this…" Lemon hummed, cupping her chin in thought.

"You two were incredibly obvious." Sugarcoat said flatly.

"It was painful at times." Sour shrugged with a half smirk.

"Okay, so now you girls are experts…" Indigo huffed. "Where's your experience? You could have been wrong y'know?"

"Indigo, there are things you do not see when you are dead center in the events themselves. You could not have seen how Sunny's eyes lit up when you came up in conversation." Sugarcoat explained, this actually cracked Sunny's cool expression. A shade of red dying her cheeks a faint purple. "Nor could Sunny see how you perked up whenever you heard her coming from around the corner at our lockers."

Both girls sank in their seats, shoulders resting against one another. "O-Okay, okay, you got us…"

"It's cute." Sour spoke up, a more genuine smile on her normally annoyed face. "I'm very happy you two are giving it a shot, you both deserve each other." She shrugged, trying to return to her more aloof attitude. "I think you've got great chemistry." She muttered.

"Never took you for a romantic…" Indigo said with a chuckle, glancing at Sunny, who also had a small smile on her face.

"Shut up."

"There's a lot she doesn't show off." Lemon chimed in with a grin.

"And if you shared those things, you'd regret it." Sour spat with a warning glare.

"Noted." Lemon said, sitting up straighter.

Indigo mimed a whip, making the cracking noise with her mouth.

Lemon grinned, giving a shrug at the playful jab.

"I don't think I like what they're implying…" Sour said, more to herself, but Sugarcoat rolled her eyes with a smile.

"Then ignore it." She shrugged, adjusting her glasses. "We will keep from making it known, until you two are more comfortable with it."

"Thanks, girls." Indigo said with a smile. "Oh! I ran into a transfer student the other day too, has anyone heard about that?"

Sugarcoat cupped her chin in thought. "I do not think any of us should be privy to information on a new student."

"Ah, so no one's got anything?"

"I did not say that." She shrugged. "I just said that maybe we should not be able to get this information. That being said, I have not seen a picture, though her academic records suggest she is quite intelligent and talented, a member of several clubs at her previous school."

"She's about the same height as Sour, purple hair with a teal streak in it." Indigo said. "Kinda pink-ish purple skin tone." She moved her hand, waving it back and forth in an unsure, 'either or' motion.

"Okay, so should we keep a lookout for her or something?" Lemon asked.

"Well, the school isn't as bad as it used to be, she should be fine." Sunny shrugged. "But Indigo wouldn't have brought her up without a reason."

"Am I that predictable?" She pouted.

"Alright, we'll keep an eye out for her." Lemon giggled. "Then we can meet back at lunch?" She asked. "For now, let's hit some stores." She hopped to her feet from the table.


The next morning…

Crystal Prep.

The premier academic standard.

"Okay." The student breathed in and out. "New school. You can do this." She muttered to herself. She took a step forward before stopping, pulling her beanie off. 'Aw...my hair is probably awful.' She groaned, pawing at the purple locks, situating one curl into her usual style. "Dammit."

"Language, young lady." A teacher spoke as he passed.

"Sorry!"

She sighed, bringing her palm to her face. 'Okay. Just, y'know, lean into it. Start fighting with teachers and be a delinquent...no, that's stupid.'

Sugarcoat stopped not far from the cafeteria, spotting the lost looking young woman. 'Purple hair, teal streak, pinkish purple skin…that is likely her.' She approached.

"You are standing in the doorway." Another voice said, causing her to jump. A girl with her hair in multiple ponytails stood behind her. She adjusted her glasses. "You should find a better place to have internal dialogues." She added, walking past. 'That counted as 'looking out for her' did it not?' She pondered as she walked.

'Annnnd now I'm a spaz.' The girl groaned, backing up toward a blind corner.

"Comin' through!" A loud voice said as she was pulled to the side by a sporty girl, her hair held back by some goggles. The rest of a uniformed team rushing past.

"Look out next time, spaz. Those lunkheads never pay attention. Oh hey, I remember you from the other day. Good seeing you again! Can't talk right now, catch you later!" She said before heading down the hall with a wave back at her.

"I didn't expect to be called out that quickly..." She thought aloud, watching the girl walk away, taking note of the brace on her leg. She turned, bumping into another student.

"Watch it!" She spat.

"I'm sorry!"

"Oh, well in that case..." She huffed, flicking her pink hair, a green streak down the center. "Wait. You're that new girl." She noted.

"Uh...yeah. I start today..." She said quietly.

"I'm Sour Sweet." She said flatly. "The best archer, and the smartest student-" She boasted.

A chuckle made her shoot her head to the side. "Oh, please, Sour." Another said, checking her nails. "Though, you're probably right about the archer thing though." She shrugged.

"Sunny…" Sour sighed.

"Look at that, you introduced me to the new girl." She smirked.

"Shut up." Sour Sweet crossed her arms. "You're the worst."

"Far from it. In fact, I believe I performed better than you in the last exam. Weren't you like the 6th?"

"Out of the whole school!" Sour shot back.

"And do you remember my score?"

"No." Sour huffed.

"It was 4th, dear." She teased.

'Oooh boy. This is a minefield.' The girl frowned, shrinking back from the hostile girls. “H-Hey now...let's just take a moment…” She began.

Both girls turned their attention to her and her mouth shut.

"We've scared her.” Sunny sighed.

A look of annoyance flashed on Sour's expression, before it fell to a frown. She opened her mouth but was cut off-

“Yo, Sour!” Another voice cheered before said girl was grabbed into a hug from behind, being lifted.

“Lemon, what did I say about this?!” She groaned under the strong arms.

“But it's just fun to do-”

“I will end you!” She grumbled as she was sat down.

“You looked sad though.” She grinned, turning to Sunny.

“Heya.”

“Good morning, Lemon Zest.” Sunny said with a chuckle.

“This a new friend?” She asked, looking at the shocked girl.

“She's the new transfer student.” Sunny supplied.

“Your hair rocks, dude. What's your name?”

“Uh...Starlight. Starlight Glimmer.” She said with a small smile.

“Nice to meet you. I'm Lemon, this is Sunny and that's Sour. Don't let her 'tude get to you. She's nicer than she lets on.”

“Shut up!” Sour huffed.

“Now...the only ones missing would be Sugarbabe and GoGo.”

“Since when did you ever call her Sugarbabe?” Sunny laughed.

“She hasn't told me to stop.” Lemon shrugged.

“Yes she has. You just ignore her...like always.” Sour huffed.

“Hey, new chick, check these jams!” She offered her her headphones, LOUD music blaring from them as she offered them to her.

“You...can manage listening to it while being this loud?” Starlight asked with a nervous chuckle.

“Yeah, not everyone has freakish good hearing.” Sunny nudged the taller girl.

“Oh right.” She lowered the volume. “Sorry.”
Now at a much more manageable level...she put the headphones on. A very pleasant sound echoing in her mind. She bobbed her head. “I recognize this one. Linkin Plaza?” She asked. Lemon's eyes widened and she gasped excitedly.

“Yeah! Oh man, I have another rocker friend!” She said, holding up her hand. Starlight blinked before lifting her's as well, earning a strong high-five from the musician.

“Ow…” Starlight winced, holding her wrist.

“If you haven't noticed, our dear Lemon doesn't exactly hold back with shows of affection.” Sunny said as they began walking together. “Might want to take those off by the way.” She glanced toward the corner...almost on cue a teacher turning it. Starlight pulled them off and handed them to Lemon.

“What class do you have now? Lemon asked.

“Uh...I think I start the day with calculus.”

“Lame, you have to hang out with nerds..” She groaned.

“That's my class…” Sunny crossed her arms.
“She's aware.” Sour smirked.

“No one asked you. C'mon, Starlight.” Sunny pushed past Sour. The shorter girl shrugged.


“Are things always this...uh, intense?” Starlight asked as they took their seats.

“Whatever do you mean?” Sunny asked.

“Oh, I suppose our banter could seem a bit...abrasive. But we're all friends. Sometimes people have a hard time believing it.” She chuckled.

“Oh, good. It's just...some of that seemed pretty uh, targeted.”

“Hmm...maybe we could stand to reign it in a bit. That's just how Sour and I have always been. Though things are different now,” She thought for a moment. "I'll have to ask if I've overstepped at all."

The teacher stepped in and they began taking notes. Starlight kept up way easier than she figured she would.


When the bell rang they stood and exited together, idly discussing the lesson.

“So what's your next class, dear?” Sunny asked, Starlight took out her schedule.

“Hmm...it's listed as H.E. is that home economics?” She asked.

“Yes, and if I'm not mistaken, Sour has that for second period as well.” Sunny cupped her chin as she thought. “Lemme see the others.” She leaned over, Starlight showing her the paper. As they stopped in front of the lockers.

“Wow. You have p.e. with Indigo.” She chuckled. “Good luck with that.”

“Uh...Indigo?”

“Me.” Another voice said, the girl with goggles from earlier poked her head out from behind a locker door. “Sup, spaz?” Indigo smirked.

“Oh good...you remember me.” Starlight chuckled nervously. "Wait, you're the girl who ran into me the other day!"

"Yup! I always make an impression." She teased.

“You did what?” Sunny crossed her arms.

"I bumped into her the other day…I mean, I helped her back up." She mumbled, the jock shrinking back at the shorter girl's gaze.

"I see, now then. You know not to just call someone a spaz." She gave her a warning look.

“...Miss Spaz?”

“Indigo.”

“I don't know your name.” Indigo said simply, having turned her attention to Starlight now.

“Starlight.”

“Starlight.” She corrected herself.

“That's better.” Sunny said with a smile. “Do look after our new friend in p.e. would you?”

Indigo groaned with a smile. “I mean I guess I can.” She shrugged.

“You know how competitive people get here. She's still getting used to it.”

“You have Sugarcoat in English.” Sunny said. “She can be…”

“Short? Blunt? Frank? To the point?” Indigo suggested.

“All of the above.” Sunny rolled her eyes.

“She doesn't beat around the bush...kinda punches you in the face with her opinions.” Indigo added with a grin. “She's not a total prick though, promise.”

“Uh...thanks for the information.” Starlight thought aloud.

“So, what made you come to CPA?” Indigo asked, leaning against the locker next to Starlight's.

“Well, my best friend moved away from my hometown and I kinda had to...put some distance there. I was kinda falling into a bad place.”

“Oh shit. That so?”

“Yeah. I'm doing a lot better now though.” She waved off the concern.

“Hey. If you need to talk to anyone, I'll listen.” She shrugged. “But if you want actual advice...you should probably talk to Cadence, if it becomes a problem.”

“Thanks for the advice.” She smiled, taking out her book for the next class.

“Of course.” The athlete grinned, pushing off the locker. “Gotta go grab my books. Catch you later.” She waved as she attempted to jog off. It was noticeable how slow she was moving, despite trying to pick up pace

“She seemed nice.”

“She is.” Sunny said with a content smile, she hugged the book in her arms to her chest. “Maybe the most genuine person I've met at this school. Now then. Your next class is down the hall. Third door to the right.” She pointed before turning. “I also must gather my things. See you after class.”


Starlight smiled, hugging her book to her chest. 'Maybe things are going better than I thought. Indigo, Sunny and that rocker girl...Lemon? They seemed to be very approachable. Sour is...still a bit intimidating. And this Sugarcoat...sounds kinda scary too.’
She shook her head, walking to her classroom. Large tables that sat two students per table...a kitchen in the corner...sewing machines on the other. She stepped in, searching the room.

Sour glanced up as she walked in. The shorter girl's chin rested in her palm, but she pushed a chair beside her out as she made to pass by. Starlight took the hint, taking the seat beside her.

“How're you doing?” Sour asked, still looking out the window.

“Acclimating. I've heard this school can be pretty cut-throat. But I've had an okay experience so far…”

“Anyone bothers you, Indigo will shut them down.” She shrugged.

“Let's hope it doesn't come to that.” she chuckled.

The teacher stepped in and began going over his lesson plan before letting them have the last few minutes to get to know their partners for the semester.

“So, anything I need to know about you?” Sour asked, looking over.

“Uh, I may need some help catching up. I'm not amazing at cooking or sewing. But I won't drag you down.” She assured.

“I'll hold you to that.”

“Good. What about you?” She asked.

“I can...come off as rude, most times it's not on purpose.” She shrugged. “I'm working on it."

“If you're patient with me, I'll be patient with you.” Starlight nodded.

“Glad we have an understanding.” Sour smirked. “Oh. Here.” She took a sheet of paper and wrote her number down. “We'll have projects in this class..it'll be easier to keep in touch.” She slid it to her.

“Makes sense.” She nodded, ripping a piece off and giving her own.

“I swear if any weirdos message me, I'm coming for your head.” She said flatly.

“I don't make it a habit to give my friend's numbers out to creeps.”

The bell rang and both girls stood.

“So, what next?”

“P.e. Sunny only told me 'good luck’. Should I be worried?”

“Oh boy.” Sour smirked. “Have fun with that. Indigo is gonna take over from the teacher. She always does.”

“That doesn't make me feel any less stressed.” Starlight rolled her eyes.

“Later~” Sour waved as she turned the corner.


“ALRIGHT LADIES! LINE UP!” Indigo shouted, the class doing as instructed. “Today we're gonna do dodgeball!”
A few cheers, a couple groans.

“Neon. You're the captain of the other team.”

“Yes!” A tall boy rushed up next to her.
They flipped a coin, Indigo getting first choice.

“Starlight.”

“The new girl?” He asked.

“Gotta put her on the winning team.” Indigo shrugged, smirking at the scowl she earned from that comment.

Starlight walked over to Indigo's side. Her captain pat her shoulder with a grin. “I've got you, no worries.” She said quietly.

The rest of the team filled up, Indigo's choices were...surprising. Some of the athletic students were on her side...but Neon snatched up anyone who looked fit.

The coach blew the whistle and within the first volley several on both sides were already out. Five remained on Indigo's side, to Neon's seven.

Neon grabbed a ball, turning to dodge a thrown ball before pivoting and hurling his own, Starlight froze, covering her face but a loud smack heralded the impact, Starlight feeling the wind get knocked out of her, dropping to her knees.

“Hey! There's no need to throw that hard!” Indigo said, immediately moving to check on her. “You okay, dude?”

“Peach…” she coughed. “Peachy.”

“I'll get him back. Need help getting to the bleachers?”

Starlight nodded, another 'out’ member joining them to walk her out.

“Sorry!” He said, feeling more and more bad about his actions having seen just how hard he had hit the new girl.

Starlight managed to put up her thumb but eased to the bench.

She heard a loud 'smack’, looking up to see Neon on the ground now, a ball bouncing away from him. Indigo stood, arms crossed. “Now you're even.”

“Fuck!” The downed boy groaned loudly.
“Captain's down, Indigo's team wins.” The coach announced.

Neon's face had a big red mark on the center of his forehead. “I said sorry!”

“Not good enough. That was uncalled for.” Indigo said, before holding out her hand.

“Ugh…” He took it and was helped up. “You're vicious…”

“Just protective. I'd do the same if someone hurt you.” She assured.

She led him back over to Starlight. Neon sighed before apologizing.

“It's okay. I'm not hurt, so no harm done.” She waved it off.

“Okay. Now you're in the clear.” Indigo pat Neon's shoulder.

“Yeah yeah, I'll be more careful next time, new girl.”

“Starlight.” Indigo corrected.

“Right. Starlight.”

“Hit the showers, Neon. You're lucky she's nice. I'd have had you run laps at practice if she was hurt.” Indigo smirked.

“Geez. It was an accident!” He groaned as he walked away.

“He's not so bad. Sorry about that.”

“Oh, it's okay...thank you for sticking up for me.” She'd seen Indigo hobble around on her seemingly injured knee. Though, when she was playing it seemed as if it barely phased her at all. It was impressive.

“Sure thing, Spazlight.” She teased, mussing her hair. “Lets go change.” She turned, heading towards the locker rooms, Starlight noted how she caught herself on the wall, even if it was momentarily, a twinge of concern hit her.

“You're already friends with Indigo? That's pretty good.” The girl beside her noted, pulling her attention away.

“It just kinda happened…”

“Indigo's crew is famous in the school, they basically got the last principal fired after the friendship games. Since then they've been trying to make the school less...competitive.” She said as she stood up.

“Is that good?”

“Yeah. Though it doesn't change much for me. I'm still studying when I'm not forced to be in other classes. So I don't really see the change outside of forced interaction.”

“What's your opinion on them..?”

“Technically we're all shadow bolts at this school...but they claim ownership of the title. So 'the Shadow Bolts' are...well they can be a lot to deal with, but it seems they're pretty genuine in what they set out to do, especially since they came back from the friendship games a few months back.”

“So they're cool?”

“In a manner of speaking. Though their social standing shouldn't...oh.” She adjusted her glasses, realizing her mistake. “Yes. They are 'cool’.”

“Awesome. Thanks.” She stood to follow her.
A quick shower and change, she returned to the halls, Indigo walking with her.

“Drop your junk for lunch so that way you don't have to lug around your bag.”

“You raise a good point.” Starlight opened her locker, tossing her bag in and following her now.

“For a place this fancy, the food is only just okay. Maybe we can set a day and sneak out to get some good stuff.”

“Can we leave school grounds during hours?”

“Of course not! Doesn't mean we don't do it sometimes.” She shrugged.

“Isn't your standing as one of the best athletes dependent on you not getting suspended or expelled?”

“Ugh, you sound like Sunny.” She playfully groaned as they pushed the doors open. They joined Sour, Sunny and Lemon in line.

“Sugarcoat does know it's lunch time, doesn't she?” Sunny asked.

“I'll text her.” Indigo took her phone out, pressing a few buttons and put it back in her pocket.

“What'd you say?” Sour asked.

“‘Come eat, nerd’.” She chuckled.

“You're the worst.”

“Hey new girl, who's your favorite band?” Lemon asked excitedly.

“Uh...well…”

“C'mon, no shame in the jam game.”

“Well, I still really like An Alchemical Romance.”

“Really? That's awesome! You don't seem the type.”

“Oh, well…” She chuckled. “Y'know...everyone has that bit of a troubled teen in them.” She said.

“Totally. I love their sound...especially from their third album.”

“Really? No love for their original stuff, before they hit it big?” She asked, having initially liked the first album's sound just as much.

“Well I appreciate how their sound changed over time. Their early stuff is great, don't get me wrong, but “Sweet Revenge” is probably my favorite set of their songs...er, “Parade” is also...oh no and then “True Lives” aw man. I like more of their stuff than I thought!”

“That's a good thing though!” Starlight said, the two going into a more in-depth discussion about their favorite songs from the band.

“Officially the best of my friends.” Lemon said, an arm around Starlight now, looking at her other friends.

“Rude.” Indigo said flatly.

After a few minutes another girl joined them, the bespectacled girl from earlier giving Starlight a once over. "So she is hanging with us?” She asked.

“Yeah. She's pretty cool.”

“Have you stopped blocking doors with your panic attacks?” She asked the newcomer.

“What?” Indigo asked, looking between them.

“Not exactly. I just haven't needed to find out since this morning.” Starlight admitted.

“Oh, so you two met.”

“In the vaguest sense of the word, we became aware of one another's existence, yes.”

“Starlight.” Said girl offered with a nervous smile.

“Sugarcoat. A pleasure.” She responded, though her tone and facial expression made it seem like it was anything but.

“Likewise.”

“I see the others have taken to you. So I will attempt to as well.”

“R-Really?”

“All I ask is that you understand that I am very honest. It is something I am working on toning down.” She admitted with a shrug. “I will most likely say something hurtful. Do not be fragile and learn that I do not mean to hurt your feelings and we will get along.” She adjusted her glasses. “Your hair is a mess by the way.”

“Oh...o-okay. Ah...it is?”

“You look like you normally wear a hat of some kind. People have probably been laughing about it all morning.” She turned to face the front of the line.

“Greeeeeaaaat…”

“She's being nice.” Indigo chuckled. “She can be much worse.”

“I can hear you.” Sugarcoat said over her shoulder.

The athlete shrugged, Sunny elbowed her gently.

They got their trays and took their seats. Starlight looking around the group. She thought for a moment, wondering who to address first...lunch was typically a good time to get to know classmates.

“How have you been doing so far?” Sunny asked before she could make up her mind.

“Oh. It's been okay. Aside from maybe PE.” She frowned softly.

Sunny gave Indigo a look. “I thought you said you had her.”

“I did! Neon caught her when I was unaware, but I handled it, I swear!”

“What happened?” Sour Sweet asked, frowning.

“I got rocked in dodgeball. He has a strong throwing arm.”

“That little…” Sour clenched her hand, Lemon placing a calming hand on her shoulder.

“It's okay. I got him back.” Indigo said. “And made him apologize.”

“Good.” The shorter girl huffed. “Don't let anyone get away with giving you crap. Got it?”

“I-okay?” Starlight held her hands up, confused at the sudden anger.

“Neon used to be much worse. Indigo had to put a stop to that...now they have a somewhat friendly rivalry.” Sugarcoat supplied. “But they've come to blows before. Once over how he treated Sour.”

“What did he do?”

The girls looked to Sour as if looking for permission.

“I have...a condition.” She said quietly. “I see people for it…and that cunt said some stuff like I was a freak for needing help.” She crossed her arms.

“I understand…” Starlight frowned. “I'm seeing a therapist.” She admitted. “For uh...the reasons I mentioned earlier.” She looked at Sunny and Indigo. “I'm working through some stuff of my own, but I know for sure. It's not a bad thing to get help.”

“Right..?” Sour smiled a little, “At least someone else knows what it's like…”

“It can wear on you. Trust me. I get it."

“Huh. Seems you fit in well enough.”

“Thanks Sugarcoat.” She smiled.

"Uh, hello? I do therapy too." Indigo huffed in fake annoyance.

"We're all proud of you, dear." Sunny patted her shoulder with a smirk. Indigo pouted, sinking in her chair dramatically, earning some giggles.


Lunch passed and the next few classes were uneventful. Starlight met with her new friends as they walked to the lockers after their last class of the day.

"So, Star, wanna hit the town? We can get some actual food." Indigo offered.

"Huh? Oh, sure."

"Plus you can see Sugarbabe flounder in front of Pinkie." Lemon added, earning the sharpest of glares from the blunt girl.

"You should stop talking. Now."

"Just ask her out, dude. I promise it'll go well." Lemon nudged her.

"Oh...I guess we should bring that up. You aren't one of those closed minded types, are you?" Indigo asked.

"Not really?" She shrugged. "I don't get the big deal about that kinda stuff. Never really had an interest in dating."

"Like at all?" Lemon asked, surprised. "You could probably land any dude you wanted."

"I guess." She shrugged. "I just...haven't really been interested."

"And that's okay too." Sunny smiled. "We just didn't want to make you uncomfortable."

"What do you mean?" Starlight asked.

"Sunny and Indigo are dating." Sugarcoat said simply, earning blushes from both girls.

"You could at least let one of us say it…" The sporty girl pouted, arms crossed.

"You were taking too long." She shrugged, walking past them.

Sunny sighed. "Well, now that that's out of the bag…" She shot a glance at her friend. "You don't have any issues, do you?"

"Not really, no. That's actually pretty sweet." Starlight smiled.

Lemon nudged Sour gently.

"Uh…" She opened her mouth, but closed it moments later.

"Thanks for not being a dick about it." Indigo chuckled, handing something over to Sunny.
The blue skinned girl smiled up at the athlete, reaching behind her neck to connect the pair of goggles she was given. They hung loosely around her neck.

"Thank you, dear."

"Of course." She put her arm around her shoulders. "C'mon, before Sugarcoat gets out...she'll bitch about us taking forever…" She chuckled, walking ahead as Sunny put her arm around her waist.

Sour rubbed her arm, looking down before following after them, sparing a glance to Lemon, who only smiled softly.

"She'll get there." Lemon chuckled, looking at Starlight. "You set?"

"Yeah. Let's get going." She closed the locker door, the two running out to meet up with their friends.


Inside Sunny's car sat Indigo and Sugarcoat. Lemon waved her to follow to her own car, Sour Sweet already opening the passenger door. "Ride with me, check the new wheels!" Lemon said excitedly.

"Looks awesome. You don't mind me riding with?"

"Nah. Hop in. Let's go!"

Starlight climbed in with her new friends, Lemon glancing in the rearview. "So, haven't been on the market or just not interested?" She asked, looking back to the road as she followed Sunny.

"Huh? Oh. The dating thing. I guess I just haven't been interested." She admitted.

"That's cool." The driver shrugged, glancing at Sour. "How are you doing today?"

"I'm alright." She answered. "Things haven't gotten bad lately."

"That's great news." She grinned as they turned into a parking lot in front of a small diner. "Star, we're gonna find you a date." She added, hopping out of the car.

"Wha? But…"

"She won't let it go unless you put your foot down." Sour said, exiting the car as well.

Starlight groaned, climbing out of the back seat. "Seriously, it's okay...I'm just not looking right now." She chuckled, following them into the building.

"And I, the great and powerful Trixie~ Have made your card disappear!" A blue skinned girl said loudly, drawing their attention. She wore a magician hat, which gave away who shouted pretty easily. The redhead at the table she stood beside clapped.

"That was awesome, Trixie." She smiled. The girl beside her nodded, a bit of annoyance on her face, but supportive nonetheless...her rainbow hair bobbed as she clapped as well.

"Hi Sugarcoat!" A mass of pink waved from behind the counter.

"Hi Pinkie…" the reserved girl said quietly, lifting a hand.

Starlight noted the waitress and Sugarcoat's response...before her eyes returned to the magician.

Lemon leaned in. "You okay Star?"

She bit her lip. 'Fuck...she's cute.' "Fine!" She chuckled nervously. "Let's...get out of the doorway." She stiffly walked past them to a booth.

The rocker looked between her and the blue skinned girl, a sly smirk crossing her face as she followed.

Starlight spotted the expression as she joined her at the table.

"So, magical girls, hmm?"

Starlight shrank in her seat as her friends joined her, each giving knowing looks.

"...Shit."

"Mhm." Lemon smirked.

"Hey, Rainbow." Indigo waved as she took her seat.

"Oh, hey!" The lighter blue girl waved.

"Guess this place is getting more busy." Sunset chuckled.

"All the more to marvel at the stunning magic of the great and powerful Trixie!" Trixie said, excitedly.

"Go show them then, we're on a date." Rainbow crossed her arms with a huff.

"Oh, I…didn't realize." She bowed. "Then the great and powerful Trixie wishes you well and good night!' She threw down a smoke bomb, appearing at the doorway with a flourish.

Starlight blinked before shaking her head. "What…just happened?"

"That's one of Rainbow's friends. Some kinda magician, but that's the most I've seen her do, to be honest." Indigo said.

"Hmm." She hummed in thought.

"Go on, tell us your thoughts." Lemon grinned.

"Well, uh…I guess I'm not completely disinterested in dating." Starlight admitted.

PreviousChapters Next