• Published 30th Sep 2020
  • 987 Views, 287 Comments

Help - WittyNameTFM

  • ...
1
 287
 987

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 29. Amends

"You okay?" Moondancer asked, glancing over as she drove.

Lightning felt her fist unclench, and a faint soreness in her muscles. "I…no, I guess not."

"Hey, she admitted it." Roll spoke from the backseat.

"Weren't you just here for support?" Light said over her shoulder.

"Be seen, not heard. Got it." The girl pouted.

Lightning sighed. "You know that's not what I meant…"

"She's messing with you. Trying to ease your mind." Moondancer said with a smile. The jock sighed again.

"Right. I'm just…nervous." She said as the car pulled to a stop near a rather nice home. "So, this is her place then?"

"Sunny says she's staying with her, so this is her place?" Moondancer asked, checking the text message's instructions.

"They have four cars? Wild. City folks really do be rollin' in it, huh?" Roll asked as they exited the car.

"Guess so…" Light replied, righting herself before heading toward the door. She steeled herself and reached up to knock as Roll and Moondancer joined her.

*knock knock*

Sunny looked up at the sound. "That must be them." She said as she stood to answer the door.

Indigo took a breath, ready to face another person in her less than stellar condition. The tension was starting to wear on her. That was, until she saw the girl who put her in this predicament.

Lightning followed Sunny into the living room, looking like a kicked puppy. The natural confidence she'd seen in her usual demeanor was gone. The young woman standing in the entryway looked like she was filled with so much regret and pain. It almost hurt Indigo to see her like this.

"H-Hey, Indigo." She attempted before clearing her throat.

"Uh, hey. Come on in, take a seat." Indigo offered.

"That's okay. I just uh, I wanted to apologize. I never wanted to hurt you. I-" She felt herself tense up as she spoke, a smaller hand gently held her own. She glanced at Moondancer, silently urging her on.

Indigo knew exactly where Lightning was, mentally. She'd been there so many times in the last few months alone. She watched as Lightning took a breath before continuing.

"I've…had a history of hurting people. I-" She looked down, almost as if literally searching for the right words. "I'm sorry. I wish I could undo it-"

"Hey." Indigo finally spoke up, making her look up. "I'm okay." She added with a smile. "I'm not mad at you. I never was." She shrugged. "It's gonna be tough to accept, but if you need to hear it. I forgive you."

Roll pat Light's shoulder. "See? I told ya. You were workin' yourself up."

Light's shoulders seemed to slump as she exhaled. "Man…"

"I know it's not as simple as that, so if there's something else I can do to help you out-"

"How do I come to apologize and you ask how to help me feel better?" Light asked with a tired chuckle.

Indigo shrugged again. "Listen, I only notice this emotional stuff because of her." She pointed her thumb at Sunny. "She's the one who talked me into therapy."

"This one's been trying." Light smiled, lifting the hand that Moondancer was holding.

"We know a good one." Indigo chuckled. Another of the Shadowbolts nodded. "So, while you are here. How about a formal introduction to my girls?"

Light nodded. "I know of you all, but it's nice to meet you. Wish it was under better circumstances."

"Indigo let you off the hook. Don't try to carry the guilt for something that no one is upset about." Sour said simply. "It's nice to meet you."

"Hmm…bit short, isn't she?" Roll asked. There was a moment of pause before Lemon caught the arm of the noticeably shortest member of the Shadowbolts. Who began to fume at the presumed slight.

"Whoa there, Sour!" Lemon said with a chuckle.

"Feisty lil' sheila aint she?" Roll chuckled. "Didn't mean no harm." She held her hands up in defense.

"I'd advise against short comments." Sugarcoat noted. "You should take Sour's advice. While she'll doubt my words, Sour is more in tune with people than she's aware of."

"Whuzzat supposed to mean?" Roll asked.

"It means that she has some level of understanding and compassion that you don't." Light said with a sigh.

"I like them." Lemon giggled. "Light sounds like their Indigo."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Indigo asked. "There's only one me." She crossed her arms.

"Thank goodness." Sunny said with a small smirk.

"What was that?" She asked, giving a pout to her closest friend.

Moondancer blinked. "I can see it."

Lemon pointed to the bookworm with a grin. "See?"

Indigo groaned. "This is Lemon Zest. Musical expert and eerily perceptive." She pointed to the girl to her right. "Sour Sweet." She pointed her thumb at the girl behind her. "She's both the muscle and the heart of the team."

"Huh?" Sour asked. "How-"

"Sunny? You know her." Indigo said, ignoring the question she interrupted.

"Hey! Say something nice about me too!" Sunny pouted.

"And Sugarcoat." She tilted her head to the last girl. "Blunt and honest, trustworthy."

Light palmed her face with a groan. "I see the resemblance now…"

"Oh c'mon! You were supposed to be on my side." Indigo sighed.

"This is Roll. She's one of my good friends, and this is Moondancer. My uh…my girlfriend." She said, lifting their hands.

Moondancer smiled at the word.

"Ya finally admitted it!" Roll cheered.

"I never hid it…I told you as soon as we met up…" Light said, tilting her head.

"Not that. You admitted I was your friend!" Roll grinned.

"A slip of the mind." She shrugged.

"Being Light's friend is like being a part of her family." Roll supplied to the Shadowbolts. "She's all stoic and tough, but she's a big softie."

"Indigo is like that too." Lemon said, cupping her chin in thought.

"Must be a tomboy thing." Roll said, mimicking Lemon's thinking pose.

"Then wouldn't that include you?" Light asked.

Roll feigned offense. "How dare-, I am the picture of femininity."

"Y-What?!" Light balked. "You-"

"At least she's cheered up." Indigo said quietly as Roll and Light argued.


"Vi, Indigo is staying with one of her classmates." The younger sister spoke as she entered the room.

"Which one?"

"I don't know." She shrugged. "She's your daughter, didn't she have any friends?"

"There was that purple haired girl. Cobalt was upset when Indigo went out of the house to see her." She thought aloud.

"Purple hair isn't enough." The younger sighed.

"Lilac. I barely saw the girl." She said with growing annoyance. "Blue…skin?"

"Well, that narrows it down a bit…" Lilac said. "Oh, I just can't stand the idea of your dear Indigo living with strangers…"

"She won't be for much longer." The elder sister said as she tried to recall anything else to aid the search.

Lilac's phone buzzed in her hand, jolting the sisters out of their silence. "Hello?" She asked.

"Hello mother."

"Oh, hello sweetie. How are you?"


Supernova sighed. "Doing well." She said, "Did you really post bail for aunt Violetta?"

"Yes I did, sweetie! She's right here actually. We're looking into getting her family back together." The woman said cheerfully.

The musician pinched the bridge of her nose. "That's all I wanted to ask about."

"Oh! Before you go, have you finally found a boyfriend on your road trip?"

"Mo-" She grit her teeth, she knew it was coming, but tried to get off the phone as soon as possible. "First off, I'm on tour, not a road trip. Second…you know Kiwi and I-"

"Oh, you're just going through a phase." She cut her off with a wave of her hand. "You'll smarten up sooner or later. Goodbye sweetie."

With a click the call was disconnected. Su dropped the phone with a sigh. She clenched her fist. "This is why I don't visit…" She grumbled, wiping her eyes.

The door to their tour bus opened, her partner in crime stepping up into the vehicle. "C'mon let's go get lun-." She noticed the girl's slumped shoulders and clenched fist. "Su?" She asked, taking a spot beside her on the bench seat. "Hey, what's wrong?"

Supernova leaned against her as the taller put her arms around her. "Reminding myself why I don't call home…"

"She's still like that, huh?"

"You're not a 'phase', Kiwi."

"I know…" She said, gently rubbing her back.

"Think we can swing by Canterlot?" Su asked after a few minutes.

"Probably, but why?"

"Remember the family drama from a few months back?" She asked.

"Yeah, you said your cousin got removed from her parents… They were arrested for neglect or abuse?" Kiwi asked.

"Yeah, well my dumb ass mom just got my aunt out of jail."

"She what?!"

"And they're trying to find Indie." She huffed.

"They have to know that's illegal, right?"

"I'm not so sure. She lives in her own world, remember?"

"So you wanna warn your cousin?" Kiwi asked.

"If that's okay…"

"Of course it is." She smiled softly. "Now c'mon, you haven't eaten today."

"I haven't?"

"Not that I've seen. Let's grab dinner…and we'll be on our way tonight."

"Thanks Kiwi!" She hugged her tightly.


"Y'all don't really strike me as 'prep school' types." Roll said as she sat back on the couch across from Indigo.

"We used to be insufferable." Sugarcoat said simply. "We didn't even want to hang out with one another.

"What changed?" Light asked.

"I guess we did." Sugarcoat noted, cupping her chin in thought. "The friendship games really opened our eyes, the years of Principal Cinch and how she'd pit us against each other, the almost dying thing, and…" She looked at Indigo. "Seeing people we looked up to suffer through the hardest things…"

Indigo gave her a sad smile. "I'm okay Sugarcoat."

"You weren't at the time. I'm still not sure how you hit the ground from that fall and didn't black out." She crossed her arms.

Indigo winced. She remembered that. Of course she would. They probably all did. "I was mostly recovered-"

"What happened?" Lightning asked with a frown.

"Ah-" Sugarcoat cleared her throat. "I apologize. I forgot the present company wasn't there for the whole story."

Indigo chuckled. "Remember when we got into a disagreement at the gym about having a family?"

"Yeah?"

"Well, I'm living here because living there was…not safe." She said simply. "And the games happened right after my old man left me a few more bruises."

"I'm-"

"Don't apologize. It's- I'm in a better place." Indigo said with a small smile.

"R-Right." Light nodded.

"Where's the prick? I'll give him a piece of my mind." Roll asked.

"In prison." Sunny spoke up. "You'll have to get in line, by the way." She crossed her arms.

"You've got a great group of friends, Indigo." Lightning said with a smile. "I should introduce you to mine someday.

"I'd be down." She grinned, feeling the sense of pride in Lightning's words. She knew the feeling. They always seemed to have something of an unspoken understanding.

Author's Note:

Welp, we got a little more info about the cousin, and we got some name drops! Indigo's mother, Violetta Zap and her father Cobalt Zap.

Hope you guys enjoyed, and had a happy turkey day!

PreviousChapters Next