• Published 1st Sep 2020
  • 651 Views, 7 Comments

The Relic Hunting - TheClownPrinceofCrime



Grogar goes on a relic hunt to find the appropriate artifact to defeat the Mane Six.

  • ...
 7
 651

A Challenging Mission

“Ahhhhh... another evening full of opportunity,” exhaled Grogar, the Father of Monsters. He got up from his bed and looked through his stone window; he beheld the sun slowly setting on the horizon with birds happily chirping and the sky slowly turning orange. He grinned at the scenery with maliciousness.

“Once Equestria is under my control for good, neither Celestia nor Luna shall behold the so-called beauty of nature ever again,” said Grogar. “Only darkness and misery!”

Having said that, he exited his chambers, walked into the kitchen, and prepared himself some light dinner. He also heard Cozy Glow snoring loudly in her bedroom which made him cover his ears with two loaves of bread. “I always hated creatures who snore loudly. So irritating!”

Once she stopped obnoxiously snoring, he set the loaves down and grabbed some jelly and bananas. “Hmmm... I can’t attack Twilight Sparkle and her friends yet. Something else has to be done first. But which one?” he asked himself. While he was thinking about it, he cut one loaf into five slices and then put jelly on each of them with his magic.

He then used his magic to slightly toast them until they were done. As he set his dinner on his plate, he narrowed his eyes at the air with hooves under his chin; he still contemplated on his next scheme and also on what his Legion had told him recently. “Hmm, they have said that they failed to retrieve my bell yet they clearly hid it from me. Haha, my crystal ball does not lie.” he grinned in thought.

He started to eat his meal without breaking his train of thought. As he recalled that recent turn of events, he began to weigh his options of what to do next. “I could restrain them to a wall and demand they return my bell to me, but I can also wait and see what they’ll do next. Hmmmm...” he thought. As he continued thinking about it, he continued eating his dinner until he finished.

Once he levitated the dish into the sink, he sinisterly smiled. “Yes... yes... this will be a perfect idea,” said the villainous ram. He exited the kitchen and turned towards the upper right entrance of his swampy cavern. “The time is now.”

The moment he walked into the main room of the cavern, his crystal ball that had the appearance of a goat’s eye glowed bright orange-yellow; its brightness lightened his entire lair. “I have to be subtle about this. My minions will be in for a big surprise!” he thought. Therefore, he looked left and right to make sure Tirek and Chrysalis weren’t in the room. He frowned in determination to fulfill his new mission.

“Ahem!” called the little filly. Grogar was startled at first as he did not expect Cozy Glow to wake up around that time since she usually went to bed early. Frowning, he turned to her accursed smiling face. “Where are you going?”

“I can’t tell her where I am heading lest she and her co-conspirators waylay my plans. But for now, I will play along.” Grogar considered. “Since you three were unable to retrieve my Bewitching Bell, we need another source of great magical power to defeat Twilight and her friends.”

As she feigned a smile at his reply, he turned away to precede on his way upstairs without noticing her frowning behind his back. He exited the cavern on the walkway which had a gap in between. He jumped over the gap and continued on his way. “He’s gone!” Cozy yelled from inside.

Grogar smiled in amusement. “Enjoy it while you can, fools. I’ll be happy to shatter your fun.” he whispered.

Once he left the comfort of his cavern, he saw several mountains in a distance. He knew that there were many artifacts that were either taken away or destroyed by his ancient adversaries to keep them from his reach. He even remembered those old mountains that were once inhabited by the ponies who suffered his cruel tyranny for many years. He sadistically smiled at the memories. “Those were pleasant times. Oh, I am feeling so nostalgic right now!” he shouted.

He resumed his journey towards the mountains. “I will have my bell very soon. However, it’s always a great idea to have a plan B in case my first one doesn’t go as expected,” said Grogar. “I need to find that artifact. Hopefully, Gusty didn’t destroy it.”

He jumped over broken logs that were scattered everywhere as he entered the woods near a mountain. He also noticed many birds flying away from him in fear and the little critters hiding in the bushes. He chuckled at the entertaining sight before him. He always cherished the fear that ponies and creatures displayed that gave him so much power and might. His bells and eyes glowed yellow as he instantly gained such power from their fear.

Suddenly, a random leopard landed before him. It growled ferociously as it glared daggers at its prey. Grogar stood there unamused. “Get out of my way, wild animal. I have a mission to complete.”

The leopard however grew more vicious with no regard to his words. It jumped with its claws extended and sharp teeth displayed. Grogar then activated his magic and held the beast via telekinesis. It struggled to be released with no success.

“Stubborn animal, eh? I suppose a direct action is required.” Grogar nonchalantly stated. He threw the leopard against a nearby hive of flash bees. The wild cat then whimpered as the bees repeatedly stung it. It got its head out of the hive and fearfully ran away while the bees chased him in a different direction. The ram laughed in amusement before continuing his journey.

After fifteen minutes of walking, he found himself out of the woods and noticed a nearby village. “Ahhh, civilization! Just the village I was looking for.” Grogar smirked.

As he was within the premises of the village, a mare spotted him with a curious look. Other residents also saw him with mixed reactions. Some had confusing looks on their faces as they had never seen this creature before while others instantly recognized him and hid in their homes in terror. “Oh, hi there! Umm, welcome to our humble home! My name is Good Soul. What’s yours, sir?” the mare introduced.

“You never heard of me? Don’t you know who I am? How disappointing...” Grogar frowned. “I am Grogar, the Father of Monsters and the first emperor of Equestria. I am here looking for a certain trinket which I’m sure you’re familiar with.”

“A trinket? I... don’t know what you’re referring to,” said Good Soul, completely puzzled.

Grogar then glared at her intensely. “Your leaders surely do. Bring them to me now. I demand answers.”

“Hold it right there!!” a stallion angrily shouted. A dark brown middle-aged stallion with a trench coat, black mane, and staff and axe being crossed for a cutie mark came in front of him with guards assisting him. Grogar simply stood there silently.

“You are Grogar! The first tyrant who ruined the lives of ponies! Why have you come back after all these years?!” the stallion demanded. “Gusty the Great defeated you!”

“Gusty was a fool for banishing me! She could have destroyed me with her power, but she was too soft and weak to do it!” Grogar yelled. “Now that she is gone, nothing and nopony will stand in my way. Not even you will.”

“WRONG! You have been beaten before, and you will be taken down again! Guards, ATTACK!” the stallion commanded. They all rushed forward to subdue the ram.

“Hehehe... pitiful,” chuckled Grogar. He used his magic to push them all back with no effort. He grabbed all the guards with his magical tendrils and threw them inside his yellow and black net. After tying up his net, he drew near to his opponent. The latter quickly got up and ran forward in rage while brandishing his staff. Grogar swatted him aside through telekinesis and seized his staff.

“I shall break your spirit just as I shall break that of Equestria,” said Grogar as he snapped the stallion’s staff in two. “Now tell me where the Orb Ruby is, and I will permit you and your friends to go unharmed.”

“Never!!” the stallion defied.

“Tell me where it is...” Grogar growled, glaring dangerously at him. He shocked the guards through his magical net and slammed them on the ground.

The leader tried not to allow his fear to manifest itself as he knew it gave power to Grogar. But the sight of seeing his guards get hurt and his civilians being scared by the evil overlord made him lose control of his emotions. “No! Stop!” he cried. “It’s in a secret cave safeguarded by a magical barrier just up north from the town! Just don’t hurt my people! Please!”

Grogar grinned with satisfaction. His eyes and bells also glowed brightly from his opponent’s fear. “That’s more like it.” He gently set the net down and left the area.

The stallion tried to get up, but Grogar’s magical rope restrained him to the ground. “I will punish you for your crimes, Grogar!” he threatened. “DO YOU HEAR ME?! I WILL GET YOU!!!”

“Like that would ever happen,” smirked Grogar. All the residents ran away from him to avoid contact with him. He then exited the village and made his way to the direction the lead stallion told him about.

After thirty minutes of traveling, he finally saw the cave with a red magical barrier around it. Grinning mischievously, he drew close to it and blasted the barrier. However, the barrier would not budge. He tried blasting it several more times, but it still did not break. “This barricade was made to resist my magic, eh? Impressive...” he sarcastically said.

Suddenly, a giant bugbear landed between him and the barrier. It roared furiously at him with its stinger pointing at the evil ram. Rolling his eyes in annoyance, he frowned at the monster. “How underwhelming... surely a creature like you should know your place. Step aside immediately.”

The bugbear then charged at Grogar with his claws and stinger raised. Grogar fake yawned then took a hold of the creature via telekinesis. “You will do as I command; break this barrier with your stinger!” he ordered. With the magic working its way into its mind, the bugbear nodded in compliance.

It flew into the air and stung the barrier with enough brute force to shatter it to pieces. Grogar then motioned the creature to leave. The bugbear left as it was told.

Grogar entered the cave and ignored all the emeralds and the regular rubies that almost filled the entire cave. As he kept walking, something particular caught his eye. He came up close to see if it was actually what he thought it was. He saw a huge vase of brass on a stand. He looked inside to see if the Orb Ruby was in it.

To his amazement, it was not in there. Grogar smashed the vase in rage. “That stallion lied to me!” he yelled. He exited the cave empty-hoofed.

He made his way toward another mountain when he noticed how the sun had set already. Then another thing caught his eye. He looked up again and saw the Orb Ruby just floating by itself within the cave of the mountain next to him. It was protected by a purple aurora. Grogar grinned triumphantly.

“Finally! The Orb Ruby is mine!” he exclaimed. However, he looked at the night sky and noticed how tired he was. “Well... will be mine. It’s been a long journey already, and I need some rest. I will retrieve it by tomorrow.” Therefore, he returned back home to his cavern.

As he was about to enter into his chamber, Cozy flew by again with a horrendous smile. “Sooooo... did you find what you were looking for?” she asked.

Grogar pushed her away and faced Chrysalis and Tirek with an evil grin. “Once again, I’ve found success where you all find failure!” he spoke, playing along.

“I’ve located what I sought, and tomorrow I will settle to retrieve it. When I return, Equestria will finally be ours for the taking!” he declared. He entered into his chambers again and grinned to himself.

“My time is near, Twilight Sparkle. My time is near.” Grogar’s eyes glowed yellow while he wickedly smiled.


THE END

Author's Note:

(Sigh) It feels so good writing (real) Grogar again. It’s been a while. Anyway, I always had thoughts about this. I always wondered what Grogar did during his “apparent” journey in “The Summer Sun Setback”, so I imagine it being like this. I hope you guys enjoyed this story. Tell me what you think in the comments below.

Peace!

Comments ( 7 )

*Sees Grogar in the thumbnail*

I came as soon as I heard!

He also heard Cozy Glow snoring loudly in her bedroom which made him cover his ears with two loaves of bread.

vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/mlp/images/d/d5/Discord_has_heard_enough_of_the_Crusaders_S5E7.png/revision/latest?cb=20150518142947

Like father, like son :raritywink:.

“Hmm, they have said that they failed to retrieve my bell yet they clearly hid it from me. Haha, my crystal ball does not lie.”

III´M ON TONIGHT YOU KNOW MY CRYSTAL BALL DOESN´T LIE!

His bells and eyes glowed yellow as he instantly gained such power from their fear.

*gasps and grabs the cat who doesn´t give an f about the situation*
vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/mlp/images/6/69/Discord_receives_his_Gala_invitation_S5E7.png/revision/latest?cb=201

THAT´S A REFERENCE TO MY STORYY! (I use Discord as means to express my emotions because he always has an image that reflects my emotions). Glad to have served you as inspiration :twilightsmile:.

Nice story, by the way :raritywink:.

10414820
Thanks for your comment!

Glad you enjoyed this!

Wonder whats the Orb Ruby capable of?

I think, that a sequel could be necessary. If that scene played out without any problems then I would be curious as to what it does and what he intends to do with it. If anything, you just covered one of the fanfic ideas.

10420958
This will probably be the last ever story written by TheClownPrinceofCrime sadly no sequel is coming as the Prince cannot feel any enjoyment from the Fimfiction community anymore. :ajsleepy:

10433090
10420958
Well, although there will be no sequel to this, there will be more stories to come. I’m back with a much more clearer mind. Read here to understand.

Login or register to comment