• Published 12th Jul 2020
  • 1,128 Views, 48 Comments

The Pony Guard - TheClownPrinceofCrime



The Lion Guard must find Kiara in Equestria and stop Scar before he accomplishes his ultimate plan.

  • ...
1
 48
 1,128

Epilogue: The Pony Guard

Simba and Nala ran forward and affectionately hugged their lost daughter. They had tears of joy as they finally reunited with their dear Kiara. “You are okay! We missed you so much, dear!” Nala wept.

“We thought we had lost you forever,” said Simba, bringing her closer to his chest. “I am so happy you are alive and well.”

“I miss you too, Mom and Dad,” cried Kiara, wiping off her tears from her eyes. “I knew for sure you were both alright! But I have a great friend of mine you should thank...” She motioned Spike to come to them with the wave of her paws. Simba and Nala smiled brightly at her guardian and friend.

“You must be Spike, I presume?” Simba asked.

“Indeed I am, your majesty!” Spike confirmed, bowing reverently before the Lion King and Queen. “It is a high honor to meet you both.”

“Likewise,” nodded Nala. “For what we have witnessed, you not only saved this city of yours and destroyed this King Sombra but also saved our daughter from mortal peril. For that, we deeply thank you.” She and Simba slightly bowed in gratitude before the heroic dragon. The latter blushed in embarrassment from the high praise.

“Nah, it was nothing. I just do my best to help my friends... even new ones.” Spike smiled.

The Lion Guard smiled at him as well. “Thank you so much for your help, Spike. We couldn’t have stopped those guys without you.” Kion thanked. “I’m also happy to see how you’ve been protecting my sister.”

“Sister? Really?” Spike asked.

“Yep! He’s my brother,” smiled Kiara. “Once you get to know him, you’ll like him very much. I think you two would be great pals!”

Kion and Spike looked at each other until they chuckled together. “Well, seeing how much he has done for us, I think you’re correct, sis.” Kion agreed.

“THIS IS AMAZING!” shouted Timon. He jumped on Spike’s head and gazed all over his face. “A nice little guy who breathed fire at that scary dude?! You don’t see that everyday in the Pride Lands!”

“Tell me about it!” Pumbaa agreed. “Say, what kind of a creature are you? That fire looked dazzling!”

“I’m a baby dragon. Too bad there aren’t many dragons in Equestria who are like me...” Spike replied, frowning a bit.

“A dragon, huh?” Timon said. “We should have more creatures like you in the Pride Lands! Well... as long as you don’t accidentally start any wild fires of course. Hehe...”

Mufasa then stood before Spike with a warm smile on his visage. “Spike the dragon, you have done well this day; it pleases me to see another brave young soul who isn't afraid to defend himself and protect his friends from his enemies. You have saved and protected my dear granddaughter from great danger. I am honored to say that I am very proud of you. As a reward for your bravery and valor, I now assign you as... the new member of the Lion Guard.”

A ray of light surrounded Spike which somewhat startled him. It entered his right shoulder and formed a Lion Guard insignia on that same spot. Spike gazed at it with surprise and admiration. “I’m... the new member of this... Lion Guard?”

“Yes, Spike. I know you have your own duties to fulfill in this world, but whenever you require assistance from your new friends, call on me and I shall gladly bring you to Pride Rock,” said Mufasa.

He then opened the portal that led their way home to the Pride Lands. “Farewell... Spike the dragon.” he finished. He ascended to the sky and vanished into thin air. As the other animals waved their goodbyes to Spike and entered the portal, the Lion Guard and Kiara had their last talk with him.

“So... this is where we say goodbye...?” Kiara asked.

“Heh... I guess so... but I’ll still see you again, right?” Spike asked.

“Of course! Whenever you need any help in facing a new villain or any other threat, you know who to call on.” Kion smirked. He then gave Spike a hug. “Welcome to the Lion Guard, Spike.”

Then the rest joined into a group hug. As they welcomed Spike into the Lion Guard, they turned to leave with their family. However, Kiara lingered for just one moment as she looked at Spike. “I’ll never forget the times we had together and the friends you introduced me to,” said Kiara. “I’ll always consider you... as the best friend I have ever had. Thank you, Spike. You’re really awesome.” She hugged Spike again.

Spike hugged her back and stayed like that for a few seconds. They broke the hug before the princess of the Pride Lands entered into the portal with her friends and brother. It closed up and disappeared.

“(Sigh) The Lion Guard... that’s just... 20% cooler as Rainbow Dash would say,” said Spike. “Hmm, I help ponies whenever I can and protect those in need of aid. So... I can call myself... the Pony Guard!”

Suddenly, the Mane Six arrived in the Crystal Empire with crystal guards trotting with them in haste. “Spike, there you are! I’ve been looking all over for you and Kiara!” Twilight yelled. “I’ve also heard a massive commotion about Sombra returning! What happened? Are you alright? Where’s Kiara?!”

Spike chuckled at Twilight’s freakout and simply stood there smugly. “Don’t worry, Twilight. It’s all taken care of.”

“Uh, Spike? What’s with that strange symbol on your shoulder?” Rarity asked.

“I’ll explain it to you on the way home. Besides, I have gotten some... good backup,” said Spike. Mufasa’s face was shown in the clouds and winked at Spike.


THE END

Author's Note:

Thank you to everyone who read this story. I’m glad you all enjoyed this during this epic journey together. This actually gives me encouragement to write more stories (especially crossover stories) to give Spike more spotlight and character development. He’s a really fun character to write.

Thanks again and have a great weekend! Stay safe!

Comments ( 5 )

You are got make another one

Really nice indeed

Wonder how Cadance and Shining Armor reacted about the whole thing happened right on their doorstep pretty much iirc. :0

10409863
There will be no sequel to this.

Sweet ending for both Spike & Kiara here, I loved it! :heart:

Thanks again for such an entertaining tale! :moustache:

Login or register to comment