• Published 12th Jul 2020
  • 1,128 Views, 48 Comments

The Pony Guard - TheClownPrinceofCrime



The Lion Guard must find Kiara in Equestria and stop Scar before he accomplishes his ultimate plan.

  • ...
1
 48
 1,128

Chapter 8: Battle against Sombra

IN THE PRIDE LANDS

As the fires rampaged across the Pride Lands engulfing everything in their path, Simba and his pride gathered themselves together within a cave in the Outlands. As Simba looked up in the sky, he saw large pillars of smoke and fire soaring high above them which were accompanied by fierce thunder and lightning strikes amongst the thunderclouds. It filled Simba’s heart with rage and sorrow as he beheld his beloved home being held captive by his powerful nemesis.

“We have to do something, Simba!” cried Timon. “We can’t let Scar win!”

“He already has...” Simba muttered, pain and guilt tainting his voice. “There is nothing we can do about it.”

“How do you know that Scar was telling the truth?” Nala asked. “For all that we know, he could be lying to us! Kion has endured other bigger challenges as this one before, and he and his friends have always triumphed in every battle! This is our home, Simba! It is our duty to defend it no matter how hard the situation is!”

Simba thought on his wife’s wise words before he looked back up in the sky. He could see somewhat Mufasa’s face in the dark clouds with a frown on his face. “Remember... who you are... my son. Remember...”

Then he softly smiled with tears on his eyes. “You’re right, Nala. We will all defend our home and fight for its freedom from Scar’s wrath... with or without the Lion Guard!” Then he roared mightily with courage. The lionesses roared back as they were encouraged by their king’s determination.

BACK IN EQUESTRIA

“Huh? W-Where am I? What’s going on?! AHHH!!” Kiara screamed. She was surrounded by thick darkness in a large void. Thinking that this was some sort of a bad dream, she closed her eyes in an attempt to wake herself up from her dream. “Come on! Come on! Wake up! Wake up!”

Suddenly, a dark chuckle echoed throughout the darkness. “Oh my precious babyyyyy... this is no dream... thissssss is merely... a friendly introduction.” the voice hissed. Green eyes appeared in the darkness before her which greatly terrified her. His eyes drew closer and closer to her in a menacing manner.

“GET AWAY FROM ME! Get away!! Who are you?!” Kiara frantically demanded.

“Sombra... your worse NIGHTMARE!!” the figure shouted. He then encircled her with his dark magic and entered her mind. She screamed in horror as she kept swiping her claws in vain. Then she dropped to the ground and fell completely unconscious.

*********
Early in the morning, Spike arose from his sleep and stretched his arms. “(Yawn) Man, I really needed a good night rest. Time for some breakfast!” he said. He got out of the bed and went to the kitchen. He decided to grab a bowl of cereal and began eating his breakfast.

After he ate breakfast, he set the bowl in the sink. “Let’s see how Kiara is doing,” said Spike. As he walked out of the kitchen, he noticed how the window was open. He ran up to it to see the sun rising from the horizon. “Looks like you wanted to breath some fresh air and behold the sunrise, huh Kiara?”

He received no answer; as he looked behind him, she was not in the main floor. “Kiara? Kiara!” he called.

He then decided to search around the library. To his surprise, she was nowhere in the library. “She must have left earlier to begin her day. Huh, never thought she was a morning cub.” he thought.

Kiara prowled through the empty streets of Ponyville as it was early in the morning. Her eyes glowed green with purple flames surrounding them while Sombra’s horn was attached to her forehead. She grinned evilly as the dark entity within her had a plan to carry out; thus, she went to the train station to go to a particular city Sombra had in mind.

He never noticed Spike spying on him from behind Sugercube Corner.

IN THE CRYSTAL EMPIRE

“That’s strange. I don’t see Kiara anywhere!” Ono observed. “It’s either she was here already and then left, or she didn’t come here at all!”

“I thought for sure she would be here,” said Kion. The Lion Guard were in the midst of the crystal city while keeping a low profile from the crystal ponies. “We cannot give up now. We need to figure out a way for us to find her before it’s too late!”

Beshte thought about it for a moment until something caught his eye. He looked up to see dark clouds forming together in the sky and chilling winds blowing together. “Uhh, guys? Something wrong is happening!!” he alerted. They all followed his gaze and saw what he saw.

Suddenly, purple crystals were arising out of the ground while all the crystal ponies were running from their lives. They ran into their homes, locked their doors, and closed their windows. The Lion Guard then threw themselves into the open and prepared themselves to face whatever foe the ponies were fleeing from. Then a large shadowy figure appeared before them. Large green eyes with a red horn and purple flames lit up in the midst thereof. “Show yourself, villain! Whoever you are!” Kion demanded while in a fighting pose.

“Yeah, we’re not afraid of you!” Bunga added.

To their shock and amazement, Kiara emerged from the darkness with an evil grin on her face. “Wait... KIARA?! Is that you?!”

“UnBungalivable!” Bunga exclaimed.

“(Chuckling) Your dear old sister can’t hear you now... for her new master is in control!” the voice proudly declared.

“Wait a minute... that’s not Kiara’s voice... WHO ARE YOU?!?” Kion yelled, rage building in his voice.

“KING SOMBRA!! The rightful ruler of the Crystal Empire!” Sombra introduced. Lightning struck across the sky as soon as he mentioned his own name.

“King Sombra?” Fuli repeated. “Where do you come from? Why are you taking over Kiara’s body?!”

“And who do you work for?!” Bunga added.

Sombra angrily shot his magic at them; they ducked from his assault and surrounded him with extreme caution. “I WORK FOR NO ONE! But... I do have my good friend to thank for as he brought me a great gift. Don’t you think ssssoooo... Kion?” Sombra smirked.

The lion cub widened his eyes in shock. “How do you know my name?!”

Sombra wickedly chuckled. “Why I’m glad you asked. Let’s just say that your grand-uncle gave me such valuable information about your family and your kingdom.”

Realization immediately hit the Lion Guard as they knew whom he was referring to. “SCAR?! Scar is the one who is behind all of this?!” Fuli exclaimed, her pupils shrinking in shock.

“BRAVO! You’ve figured it out! Allow me to explain,” said Sombra. “After those pathetic crystal ponies and Kiara’s insufferable dragon friend defeated me with the magic of... love... I was sent back to the darkness realm with but only my horn as it was all that was left of me. There, I encountered Scar’s spirit as he too was destroyed by his own enemies. I saw how much we had in common, and he proposed a deal.”

“What kind of deal?” Ono asked.

“A deal for the both of us to work together to take over both the Pride Lands and Equestria!” Sombra chuckled. “Besides, I have given him all the information in regards to the magic of Equestria. Why should we rule one world if we can rule two? I’ll start with the Crystal Empire first!”

“We won’t let you and Scar conquer them!” shouted Kion. “Those creatures have beaten you before, and you shall be defeated again!” The Lion Guard then charged at the possessed cub. Sombra shot more of his magic at the charging guardians. They jumped out of the way as they initiated their own attacks. Kion tackled Sombra and repeatedly slashed him with his claws. Sombra slashed him back with Kiara’s claws and kicked him off him.

Ono dived toward his horn and struck against it with his beak. It remained unfazed by his attack which prompted Sombra to swat him away. Fuli ran up to him and tackled him. Being stronger than her, Sombra grabbed her by the throat and threw her against a house. Beshte smashed Sombra against a wall while Bunga threw rocks at the possessed cub. Kiara’s voice was heard as she cried in pain. “Kiara! Can you hear me?!” Kion yelled.

“Careful, Kion!” Sombra mockingly warned. “The more you try to attack me, the higher the chance you’ll end up hurting your precious ssssssister! Some protective brother you turned out to be!”

This somewhat discouraged Kion as the thought of hurting his own sister taunted him. Seeing him distracted, Sombra emitted another magical beam which struck Kion in the shoulder and sent him flying. He fell on the ground nearly wounded.

“KION!!!” his friends screamed. They ran over to him to check on him.

“HA, HA, HA!! You poor insignificant foals are NOTHING compared to my... UNLIMITED... POWER!!” His horn shot forth purple lightning towards the sky; Kiara screamed in pain the more he did that.

“Are you alright, Kion?” Fuli asked.

“We... have... to... stop... Sombra...” Kion weakly muttered.

“But how? He’s too powerful! He’s going to destroy us all!” Ono shrieked.

“AHHHHH!!!! SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME!!” Kiara screamed in pain within her subconscious. Her body was still held in control by Sombra as he sadistically relished her pain and fear.

“Your friends can’t help you noooowww... my dear,” whispered Sombra. “They can’t lay a paw on me so long as I am in control of you. The Crystal Empire is MINE!!”

Suddenly, a fire ball was thrown at his horn. It electrocuted Sombra’s horn which provoked him to scream in agony; the fire then surrounded his horn which swiftly removed it from Kiara’s head completely. Then his shadowy form arose from the horn to discover who did that. To his amazement, Spike stood before him with anger and bravery on his face.

“YOU?! IMPOSSIBLE!! How did you find me here?!” Sombra demanded.

“I saw your horn on Kiara’s head when you took off in the Ponyville train. I couldn’t believe it at first, but I now know. Nopony—and I mean nopony HURTS MY FRIEND!!” Spike angrily shouted. He breathed more fire at Sombra. He groaned in pain.

The Lion Guard saw Spike with their jaws dropping. “Who is that guy?” Kion asked.

“He looks like a giant lizard! That’s so cool!” Bunga admired.

“Is he the one whom Sombra was talking about? He’s her friend?” Fuli asked.

“We should thank him for saving us!” Beshte suggested.

“Yeah! He even freed Kiara! Look!” Ono noticed. Spike kneeled beside her to check on her.

“Kiara! Kiara! Are you okay? Talk to me!” Spike said. He gently lifted her head to see Kiara slowly opening her eyes to behold her savior.

“Spike?... Is that you?” Kiara weakly asked.

“Yes! It’s me! I hope you’re not too injured,” said Spike.

“(Chuckles) Of course not, Spike. Sombra is gone, right?” Kiara hoped. To her disappointment, Sombra recovered from Spike’s flames and glared at his arch nemesis.

“You will PAY for that, you worthless little dragon!” Sombra threatened.

The Lion Guard stood next to Spike as Kion helped his sister up. “You’re outnumbered, Sombra! You can’t take on all of us! There’s seven of us, and only one of you!” Spike stated.

“Are you sure about that?” Sombra smirked.

As if on cue, a large fiery portal appeared in front of the crystal castle. Out of it came the hyenas, jackals, vultures, crocodiles, and salamanders. Ushari and Janja stood at the front of the army. A large pillar of flame sprang from the portal which formed into Scar. He laughed in wicked triumph as he was on top of the castle. “The game’s over, Kion! You and your friends have lost!”

“What have you done to my family?!” Kion angrily demanded.

“Nothing at all really,” Scar smirked. “I just simply drove them out. They can’t save you now. The Pride Lands are officially ours, and Equestria is now next on the list.”

“The choice is yours, Lion Guard,” Ushari said. “It’s either you surrender to us peacefully or suffer our combined wrath.”

“Oh, I don’t think so!” a mysterious deep voice called out. All the villains and heroes turned their faces to find the source of the voice. Kion could’ve sworn it sounded very familiar. Suddenly, a white portal appeared on the other side of the city. There, they saw Simba, Nala, Rafiki, Timon, Pumbaa, and all the Pride Landers marching together. A large white cloud appeared above them and formed into the familiar face of the greatest former king of the Pride Lands.

“No... it can’t be! MUFASA?!” Scar screamed.

“Grandfather!” Kion joyfully called.

“Pride Landers, ASSEMBLE!” Mufasa commanded before mightily roaring.