• Published 1st Jun 2020
  • 129 Views, 0 Comments

The Friendship House - Dashie04



Two mortal enemies meet up in a house one owns by accident. Together, they learn that everything can be so much more.

  • ...
 0
 129

The Friendship House

Author's Note:

The best thing about me doing ‘behind the stories’ now means that the author’s notes will be less tedious. But yes, this is another story that takes place during war, because apparently I’m very interested in it. I will note that it’s intended to be the same war from The Meeting Place.

Influences:
FO:E, my pastor’s sermon yesterday, The Beatle (barely)

There’s a house just beside the main plaza of Ponyville. They call it The Friendship House. Inside the house, foals of griffon and pony alike are gathered with their overseer to, well, become friends. The overseer takes a look at his company, all the ponies sitting still in wide-eyed wonder. Now, the overseer prepares to tell the story that the house got its name from.

“Alright,” he says, in a commanding voice that carries an idea of concern,”everypony sit still. Today, we are learning about this house in particular. As you all know, this is a house where ponies and griffons are meant to reconcile from the wars we’ve had in the past. So, at one point, this was just a house. There was no ‘Friendship House’ moniker, it was a very nice house, owned by a certain griffon by the name of Grimace...”


The white house stood just beside Ponyville plaza. Inside, was a griffon, scared out of his wits. All he wanted was a nice vacation in Ponyville, but once his comrades learned that he was staying with the puny little ponies, he wasn’t allowed back. So, he bought a cheap property, and prepared to live normally.

For a time, his plan worked, he chatted up ponies of all races, and learned more about the town he needed to live in.

Now of course, not every plan works forever.

Before he knew it Grimace was fighting an uphill battle. He didn’t know if he was a fugitive, but for all the ponies knew, he was a spy. So, to avoid contact with ponies, he hid inside and snuck out only to get food, which he caught. He was scared everyday that somepony would come search the house and reveal the scared black griffon inside. He only hoped that he would be able to explain himself and win over the trust of whatever agent of Celestia came in.

For a few weeks, nothing happened. Well, maybe I’m safe, maybe it’s all over, Grimace thought. He stood alert with his grey eyes to the door, wondering if he was worrying for nothing.

But suddenly, his worst suspicions were confirmed when he heard his doorknob twist. At that moment, Grimace knew that he hadn’t locked the door, and anypony, any agent of the crown, could come in and catch him red-taloned.

But to his surprise, the mare who came in wasn’t any of these things. She was a lost soul, having walked a great distance. She had a light grey pelt, and eyes as bright as the sun. A Unicorn, her horn poked through her black hair, which was tattered and messy.

Looking up, this mysterious mare, saw Grimace. She took a step backwards.

Anticipating this, Grimace quickly jumped up and flew tp close the door behind her, she was letting the rain in, both figuratively and literally. The guards could see him at any moment, and it so happened to be raining outside.

The mate looked at Grimace in awe.

“Did I interrupt something? Are you here to eat my eyes? What’s going on?!” the mare shouted ferociously, banging on the door.

“Shut up! I’m not here to do you any harm, unless, just tell me, what’s Celestia’s maiden name?” Grimace accused, fur bristling.

“She... doesn’t have one?” the mare responded, wondering what an absurd question was doing in his tone.

“Wrong! It’s Daybreaker,” Grimace responded.”Alright, you passed, now tell me, what’s your name?”

“How do you know—“ the grey mare began, but was rudely interrupted.

“No time, answer the questions!” Grimace shouted, on the brink of hysteria.

“I’m Rough Diamond, though I usually go by Diamond. I’m from Griffonstone,” Diamond responded, panicked.”Are you sure you don’t want to harm me? You’ve been nothing but accusatory the whole time I’ve been here. Why don’t you answer the questions?”

Grimace opened his beak to say something, then slowly responded,”I’m Grimace, I’m from Ponyville.”

“What are you doing here?” Diamond asked.

“Well, I was essentially kicked out of Griffonstone, so I took up a property. I lived like a pony, but this entire war’s got me all riled up, I think anypony who opens that door is an agent of the crown. Naturally, I assumed the worst. I apologize, since you seem to be truly surprised, I’ll trust you,” Grimace responded, his voice breaking a bit.

“That’s funny, the same thing happened to me,” Diamond responded.”But instead of living in fear, I ran away. The white house stood out, so I came in.”

Grimace’s fur slowly fell down. He walked over to the fridge, he didn’t want his guest to go unfed.

“Hey, Diamond, do you eat meat?” Grimace asked.

Diamond looked at Grimace with a look of astonishment, as if she’d ever do such a thing. But, Grimace, turned away, didn’t see it.

“I’ll take that as a yes.”

Grimace slowly unveiled what food was left in his fridge. He brought it to Diamond, who looked at it in horror. Grimace noticed this, and said,”It’s all I have, sorry.”

“Then why’d you ask?” Diamond said with a smile.

Grimace looked at Diamond,”Well, should I get two out?”

Diamond laughed a little at Grimace. He wasn’t entirely sure what was funny.

The talked a little more, and soon, they forgot all about their problems. At the moment, despite the pouring rain outside and the threat of death looming over their heads, they weren’t enemies.

“So,” Grimace said, just as the rain was letting up,”I suppose I shouldn’t be afraid of all ponies, Diamond.”

“The same goes for the griffons, Grimance.” Diamond responded.

“I guess that sometimes, we don’t have to be mortal enemies. Perhaps we don’t have to be griffons or ponies, but griffons and ponies,” Grimace said.”Right, friend?”

Diamond poked at her meat a little with her hoof. As if she’d just heard the words, she said,”Yeah, of course.”

Diamond pulled Grimace into a hug and Grimace returned the favor.

Those two died for presumed conspiracy against the ponies. They wouldn’t listen to reason.

But after the war, those two creatures represented a bond that couldn’t be broken. True friendship, no matter the side,

And from then on, it was known as The Friendship House.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment