• Published 3rd Jun 2020
  • 171 Views, 1 Comments

Of Pain and Sorrow - PenHeart3



Fine Detail, who is presumed dead, is now forced to face the past.

  • ...
 1
 171

Get up, we have work to do

A growing sense of terror and dread filled her as the guards led her down into the dungeon before leading her off to a smaller room. Inside was a small table with a vise-like device on it. The guards roughly shoved her forward before slamming her head on the table so hard that a million stars bloomed and faded before she realized the locking. The locking of her horn in an old rusty vice.

“Don’t move,” the unknown guard leered over her. A cruel smile formed from the corner of his mouth while he levitated the silver sledge hammer with runes inscribed on it. Deftly taking a few practise swings in the air with his magic before approaching his captive so he could stare down at his captive audience and drink in all her fear.

“You will only feel a little pinch,” mocked the guard before smashing the hammer down on her horn, shattering it.

“Nooooooooo

“Ah, AAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!”

Screams filled the room as Fine Detail panicked and awakened in cold sweat. Nightmares. The third time this month they have haunted her. To make matters worse, she wasn’t in the snow, she was in a house. Old fashioned that reminded her of log cabins she’d seen in picture books as a foal.

The velvet couch she sat on was soft and comfortable. Placed next to a fireplace with warm, blazing fire burning off the last remaining tenderls of the nightmare that terrorized her. It took a few moments for Fine Detail’s heartbeat, like her breathing, to slow down and relax. At least slow down enough to ask herself what the hell was going on. “How did I get here?” She asked herself. “Where’s my baby Birdsong? Where is the only thing I have left? Without her I...” She dreaded the idea of killing herself. But without Birdsong, she has nothing left to live for. It was a hard life, ever since her horn got broken because of the Eclipse Bomb incident. She had to ask ponies to stay in their house for one night. She hasn’t been fortunate in this town. Ponyville, like the other towns she visited, had rejected her because of her broken horn. Leaving her to wander endlessly looking for shelter.

It was winter when a horrible blizzard hit. The numbing temperatures working itself deep into her very core. Never did she know Equestria could get so cold. Fighting through darkening edges lining her sight. Fine Detail knew she couldn’t hold on long enough to find shelter for her and her filly when the darkness finally overtook her.

“You nearly died in the snow.” Came a voice from the shadows. Startling poor Fine into panic mode. “Sorry, didn’t mean to scare you. I saw you nearly dead while I was getting wood, thought I should help.” The pony finally got out of (what Fine assumed to be) the kitchen to reveal himself. He was a stallion with a white mane, tan fur, wings (so he’s a pegasus), and was around 40 she guessed. He was also wearing a camo green jacket that belonged to pegasi who served in the fight against King Sombra. It was then that Fine Detail averted her eyes from the stallion, and at the ax laying on the floor. It had a purple handle, not made from any material she knew, and the blade was dark gray with ancient texts on it. She then tried to put two and two together, before a bowl of soup was placed in front of her. “Eat,” the stallion said, “you’ll need your strength.”

Fine Detail hesitated at first until her growling stomach started to protest her delay then devoured the soup like it was no tomorrow. The older stallion smiled before approaching the mare on his couch, the two ponies sitting in silence. “I know who you are.” Fine Detail said at last surprising the stallion.

“And how would you know that my friend?” The stallion asked.

“Your name is Private High Fly of the 4th Equestrian Air Force during the Sedge of the Crystal Empire. After the war, you retired from the military, got married, had a couple of foals, and volunteered in community services. And, judging from the ax, you spent your time reading the legend of the Executioner, and created a replica of the weapon, Soul Breaker. Your cutie mark is a medal usually handed out to soldiers.”

The shocked expression from the stallion ran across his face. Unable to even hide it. “All except the one about the Executioner.” He giggled, “You see child, I am the Executioner.” It was then, the ax levitated from the ground to Fly High’s side. The ax seemed to have it’s own mind, given the fact, Fly High was a pegasus, and should possessed no magic abilities at all. This shocked Fine Detail even more than her nightmares. First the Mare on the Moon, now this. She was in so much shock, she passed out in the soup bowl.

High Fly looked at the poor pony that passed out in his soup. “Shit! That took almost an hour to make!”


Fine Detail woke up to find herself in a bathtub. She face was covered in soup, and she looked like she was dragged here. High Fly stood not far from her, with a shower hose in his right wing, and his left hoof on the shower knob. He turned the knob and a stream of hot water hits Fine Detail, causing her to panic, like how a cat reacts to a bath. She screamed and cried, as if this hasn’t happened in over a week, which is the case. It was a shock to her. “Sorry little one,” Fly High said trying to hide his laughter, “It has to be done.”

"Fuck you!" Fine Detail said, which earned her a stream of water to the face. She screamed, causing High Fly to laugh. It was the most fun he had since drinking at a bar with his fellow soldiers. Crystal Beer really was the strongest beer in Equestria, and he suffered for it, but he still had fun. Fly High, who was enjoying this, decided to aim the shower at Fine Detail's flank. This cause a loud squeak, sounding almost like a rubber ducky. He had enough, turned off the shower and gave Fine a towel. "Dry yourself," he said, "I want to give you something before we start tomorrow."

Author's Note:

First story in a while, holy fucking shit! I hope you enjoyed this and I really hope the majority of you are doing okay during these uncertain times. I will continue making stories if this is what you want. I hope you had a good day, and let us pray 2020 will get better.

Comments ( 1 )

I’m glad to hear you are doing good as well friend.

Login or register to comment