• Published 20th Apr 2020
  • 3,636 Views, 196 Comments

Ranger's Destiny (Undergoing Edited) - TasteDaRainbow



Rangers find themselves in a world full of colorful talking ponies and an adventure awaits them. A war is taking place on Equestria. How can they survive through all of this? And the most important thing is, will they ever get back home? God help us.

  • ...
21
 196
 3,636

Questions and Thoughts

Author's Note:

Read this first! This is important!

I'll be off for about two or three days. I am in deep depression right now since my parents just passed away because of an accident (car crash). Gosh I really need sometime to be alone and do nothing. But I will continue after I recover from all of this. I'll make sure to make the new chapter and finish this project. Stay safe y'all! I'll be back before you know it! I promise!! No... PINKIE PROMISE!! :twilightsmile:

On going chapter: From the Heart of an Apple

In the Crystal Empire the sound of Sombra's pacing filled the tense air while one of his generals and his captain stood nearby, helmet-less. Both the stallion general and captain were shaking in their metallic armor. Anyone could tell they were scared even if they did have a decent poker-face running. Now, most ponies were generally nervous around Sombra, but he was always - somewhat - cool headed. But right here, right now…

Sombra was furious.

He stopped his pacing and looked at his general with fire in his eyes.

The young crystal pony captain stiffed up so hard that it would take a wrecking ball to brake him. He closed his eyes and attempted to control his quivering lip.

“Tell me captain,” Sombra said darkly while walking closer to the stallion, “Why did an entire army… retreat like little fillies?”

The captain gulped, “I-I do not know My Liege,” the stallion replied nervously, “We nearly had Ponyville!”

“That does not explain why we can't have it,” Sombra replied with eerie calmness.

"They had reinforcements My Liege," the general interjected, "There were not many of them but the... machines were strong enough to wipeout our entire army."

"How many of them?"

"In total, there are eleven," replied the captain, "Two of them can fly, the rest can't. But we manage to damaged one of them and the other one exploded itself."

Sombra looked between the two, his eyes narrow slightly while the rest of his face was stern. To the two leaders, the next few second felt like an eternity. The dark king’s eyes landed on the young stallion.

“You have failed me for the last time captain,” Sombra said ominously.

“I’m sorry My-”

Crack!

“EEP!” The general screamed while curling up in a ball on one hoof.

Sombra's horn stopped glowing while he looked down at the body of the dead stallion, his neck clearly broken. Sombra slowly glanced up at the general. He quickly regained his composure and snapped to attention.

“Do not fail me… General.”

“Of course not My Lord, thank you My Lord!”

Sombra turned around and walked back to his throne, “You leave for Fillydelphia tomorrow! Do not fail me," he said grimly.

“Of course not My Lord!” Replied the stallion before running out of the throne room.

______________________________________________


Day 6 - 10:26
Cpl. Jerry Alexander
1st Bn., 75th Ranger Regiment
Ponyville, Equestria

"DANIEL!" Jerry quickly rushed to the his friend and knelt beside him. The bandage that wrapped around his head doesn't even helping to stop the bleeding. He quickly put the pressure on it and turned to Forbes. "Do you have any bandages?!"

"Zano! The bandage!" Forbes ordered.

"Aye aye Sarge!" Zano turned to the jeep and quickly grab a roll of bandage and toss it to Forbes.

"Here," Forbes immediately tosses it to Jerry. After taking the bandage, he quickly wrap around Daniel's head and wipe all of the blood on his face.

"Twilight! Can you heal him?" Chase asked as he beginning to panic.

"I can try," Twilight then step forward and her horn began to glow. Purple aura beginning to grow on the wound. Then, it disappears. "Okay," she then put a hoof to Daniel, "Daniel?"

"Daniel?" Jerry said, "Dann can you hear me?"

"Sugarcube? Daniel? Can you hear us? Please, don't go. Daniel, come back!" Applejack shakes his body in attempt to wake him. And it did!

Daniel let out a groan and slowly open his eyes. Trying to adjust the light from the morning sun, he blinked his eyes several times.

"Thank God!" Jerry let out a sigh of relief.

Applejack wasting no time and immediately hugged Daniel tight. She wrap her hooves around his neck. "Sugarcube! We thought we lost ya!" She's now sobbing on his shoulder. Daniel smiled and move his right hand to hug Applejack close to him. The same goes for Twilight who is in the verge of tears. Then, all of the Elements join in for a group hug.

"C-can't... b-breathe!" Daniel said between his breath. Hearing this, all of them immediately break the hug. After taking a few deep breaths, Daniel get up into a sitting position. He then looked to Jerry, "I pushed myself too much didn't I?"

"You one lucky bastard," Jerry chuckles, "Don't know why, but you seem always survived through any situation."

Daniel chuckles to his friend. He's about to get up but then fall back onto the ground. His body refuses him to make any other movement. "Well shit," he murmured, "Guess my body won't allow me to move." He then felt a hoof on his left shoulder. He turned around and see Celestia smiled warmly at him.

"You can rest now Sergeant," she said with a calm and motherly tone, "You already push yourself to your limit, I will take you to Twilight's castle." Before he could respon, a golden aura surrounds Daniel's body and he is now floating in the air. If she insist.

"Forbes," he said still floating, "I want you and your squad to come with us. We might have a little conversation with you."

"Understood," Forbes then inform to his rangers and they immediately follow the Princess. The guards and the residents started to rebuild the town. While Daniel was floating in mid air, he slowly drift himself from consciousness.

______________________________________________


They all arrived back at Twilight's castle, that surprisingly didn't have a damage due to the attack. The vehicles were all parked and Forbes told all of the rangers to help rebuild the town, except for Johnson and Zano. As they all got to the throne room, Celestia was about to speak to Daniel but then she realised that the young sergeant was having a good rest.

"Looks like someone's tired," she chuckles.

"He deserve it Princess," Twilight says looking at sleeping kid with a smile, "He done his best to protect the village," she paused, "And us."

"I'll take care of him," Cadance suddenly appear out of nowhere. Daniel is now covered in a light blue aura and Cadance trotted back to Daniel's room with Daniel in her magic.

The ponies sat in a half round of the table while the rangers stood firmly on the opposite side from them. Celestia then turned her gaze to the new arrivals.

"Let us introduce ourselves," she began, "I am Princess Celestia, ruler of Equestria," she pointed to Luna, "This is my little sister, Princess Luna." Celestia then begin to introduce all of the ponies in the throne room from Twilight and the rest.

"So what is your name dear human?" Celestia asked after finishing her introduction.

Forbes clears his throat, "I am Sergeant William Forbes from the 1st Battalion 75th Ranger Regiment United States Army Rangers, acting commander of Hunter Two-One," he pointed to Johnson, "This is Corporal Alphonse Johnson," then to Zano, "And this is Private Nicolaus Zanovich." He bowed his head slightly, "Pleasure to meet you Princesses." The others joined him.

"At ease," replied Celestia, "So I was wondering Sergeant Forbes," Forbes listened carefully, "What happened to you and your rangers before you suddenly appeared here?"

"Well," Forbes began his story, "At first, we were assigned to linked up with the 8th Armored Division and all of the US Rangers to proceed our move to a city called Kabul. When we-"

"Wait a minute," Jerry interrupts and crossing his arms, "So all of you are making a one big hell of attack to Kabul? The largest and most populated city in Afghanistan?"

"That's what General Miller told us," Zano shrugged, "We don't know what's on his crazy mind but, all of the US Rangers are there to make one final push."

"And then what happened?" Chase asked.

"We had a convoy of," Forbes paused for a second, "Approximately of fifteen humvees with five rangers in each vehicle, emphasis on the word had."

"What happened?" asked Shining.

"Well," Johnson was now speaking, "It went well at first. We manage to push them halfway through the city. But the ISIS had the road zeroed for artillery... and they brought the hammer down... hard."

"All we know that it's just us and the two humvees left," replied Zano.

"And then," Forbes added, "Came this report out of nowhere."

"What kind of report?" asked the Princess of the Night.

"It's from the Headquarters," replied Forbes. Chase and Jerry now are listening very eagerly to their story. "They told us that there was a nuclear hidden not far from the city."

"We thought it was a joke," Zano chuckles, "Until we started to felt the ground shook."

"That's when we saw the explosion," said Johnson with crossed arms. Again, the ponies were left mouth agape. "All of the rangers were panicked and begin to retreat but for us, we knew that we won't make it. Those rangers out there," he mentioned at the rangers that were helping the ponies outside, "They weren't a part of the squad. We only go on it because we don't have any orders at the time we arrived here."

"So how did you get here?" Celestia asked with calm voice.

"Good question Your Highness," replied Forbes, "Because we didn't know how the hell we got here. Heck, I thought that I was dead at first."

Silence filled the room with only chattering of the ponies outside that could be heard. Celestia looked to Luna and nodded.

"Alright rangers," Celestia looked at Forbes, "We will appreciate your help if you want, right now me and my sister had a lot of things to do. We'll see you later."

The rangers nods and Celestia along with her sister teleports themselves back to Canterlot. Twilight was about to ask lots of question to Forbes but Jerry quickly interrupts her.

"Alright," he said snapping his fingers, "We'll talk about this later, right now I wanted to take a goddamn rest," he looked to Forbes, "We would appreciate if you help us reinforce the town."

"Not mind at all," replied Forbes, "John, Zano, come on." His friends nod and they began to help the town.

"Imma go get some rest," Jerry walked out of the room onto his bedroom and limply throw himself to the bed and let out big sigh as he shut his eyes closed.

For Chase, he didn't very tired after what had happened to Ponyville, he simply leaned on the wall and checking his gun. He was distracted by the look of the Elements. Worried plastered across their faces.

"Girls?" he manage to snap them out of their thoughts, "Is everything okay?"

Twilight was the one who speaks up, "I don't know," she paused, "It's just... Daniel. Why would he do that? Why did he push himself just to protect us? He nearly died because of it!" Surprisingly, the others did think about it too. Chase gives a light chuckle and move to the table and sat right in front of them.

"I wanna ask you a question," he said, "Please, sit down." The ponies did as he said so. "Alright, I have only one simple question. What do you think of him?" Hearing this, the ponies stared at him with a confused look.

"What do you mean?" Starlight asked.

"You guys have known us for a week, I mean... you know, his personality maybe or whatever that you had in mind? I'll keep it a secret if I had to."

The girls were hesitant at first. But then, Sunset was the one to speak, "I think, he's kind and all. He certainly will do anything to save his friends."

Chase nodded, "Rarity?"

"He's a fine gentlecolt darling," she replied and waving one of her hoof, "I just can't imagine how he suffered mentally after he lost his family."

"Fluttershy?"

"He seems like the kind of pony who would give up everything to keep others safe." She shook her mane away from her eye. "I like ponies... or um... humans... like that."

"Starlight what about you?"

"Like Sunset said, he is a kind person. I can't describe it in words."

Chase chuckles, "Twilight?"

"I just, kind of want to do something for him... you know, after what he's done for us," she said.

"Well, you are Twilight," Chase reminded her, "You're giving him home, a shelter in the world that is strange for him. In fact, you give it to all of us. We don't know how to repay you for that."

"No no!" Twilight exclaimed, "You already done that by protecting us from being captured or killed by those army."

"Yeah right," replied Chase, "Rainbow what about you? You seem close enough with him." They didn't realize that Applejack lowered her head and let out a sigh.

"He's awesome!" Rainbow exclaimed and doing a little back flip in the air, "And he looks like the kind of person that'll be an interesting matchup in athletics, I wanna see what he's got." She said with a devilish grin.

"Pinkie?" Chase paused for a moment, "Huh? Where did she go?"

"I don’t know, I think he's kinda cool!" Pinkie said, appearing on top of Chase's head from underneath the helmet before jumping down to his other side, now wearing it.

"How on Earth..."

"Don't mind him," Sunset giggles slightly, "She's just being Pinkie."

Chase just shakes his head and looked to the last mare, "Well Applejack, what do you think of Daniel?"

"Well..." she somewhat stammered, "A-Ah think he's a caring and loving stallion everypony could ever met. Even Flurry likes him when she first saw him. He is sweet and... yeah, probably just like that." She felt her face started to blush but she immediately hides it behind her hat. Rainbow gave her a smirk on her face, as if she was planning something... naughty. But the others paid no mind.

Chase looked at the eight ponies and smiled, "You know, you all right. Daniel do have a kind heart. You all should be happy to be best friends with him."

"What about you?" Twilight suddenly ask, "What do you think about him?"

"Well, I've been friends with him since... three or four years in the rangers. We went through a lot together. We fight, laugh, even dying together. For what I saw, Daniel wasn't the type of person who likes to talk about his friends on his back. He always stood up for them. Heck, he would give him his own life if things got even worse. And like what you said Twilight, yeah... inside him, is the Elements of Harmony."

The ponies just sit there in silence. Still couldn't believe what he just said. It's true that they heard it before but hearing it again, sends shiver down their spines. Daniel, he wasn't just an ordinary kid. Simply to say, he is a stallion everypony could dream of.

"Alright," Chase breaks up the silence, "I'm gonna go and help the others reinforce this village. I'll see you girls later!" Chase walked out of the room, leaving all of the Elements.

"Well, what do you girls want to do?" Twilight asked.

"I just wanna be with you guys," replied Fluttershy, "I was really scared, I... I couldn't imagine any of you hurt."

"Ah'm goin' to check Cadance if she needs any help," Applejack said trotting out the room. With that, all of the ponies begin to do their usual daily basis.