• Published 20th Apr 2020
  • 3,645 Views, 196 Comments

Ranger's Destiny (Undergoing Edited) - TasteDaRainbow



Rangers find themselves in a world full of colorful talking ponies and an adventure awaits them. A war is taking place on Equestria. How can they survive through all of this? And the most important thing is, will they ever get back home? God help us.

  • ...
21
 196
 3,645

Stopping the River

The next morning...

Day 12 - 09:39
Sgt. Daniel Nicholas
1st Bn., 75th Ranger Regiment
Ponyville, Equestria

Yesterday was spent by informing the rangers and all of the guards about the plan. Not only that, it took a couple of hours to show and train Garrison how to control the jet. But he manage to handle that when he fly with Phillip, who was in no good condition but he insist to train him anyway.

"Hey Shining," Daniel said as he pat the stallion's shoulder, "I think you might need this." He handed his walkie to the captain.

"Absolutely my friend," Shining gladly accept and grab it with his magic, "Wait, what about you?"

"Don't worry, Twilight duplicate it already." They both chuckle and continue to ready themselves.

After taking a full day rest, Daniel and all of the rangers gathered on the train station, along with all of the guards and The Princesses with the Elements. Daniel was standing in front of the troops with Forbes on his side. With their arms on their backs, Daniel looked to his right, then to his left. And what he saw just as he hoped for, faces full of confidence and bravery. The residents of Ponyville too were gathering around the army.

"Good morning everyone," Daniel started firmly to the troops, "Sometimes in life, whether you've just failed a test, flunked an interview or you were simply out for the count after ten minutes at the gym, it would be really useful if someone were on hand - or hoof - to give you some hugely inspiring words to help you get back out of there. Well, that's what I'm gonna do. But let's be honest, I'm not really good at inspirational speech, or something like that so I'm gonna make this quick." He clears his throat as he continue.

"My friends, you are about to embark upon the Great Crusade, towards which we have striven these many days. The eyes of the world are upon you. The hopes and prayers of the liberty-loving ponies everywhere march with you. You will bring about the destruction, the eliminations of Sombra tyranny over oppressed ponies of Equestria, and the security for ourselves in a free world!"

He looked to every face in front of him. Then he looked to Celestia and the others, their faces filled with admiration. He looked back to the army, who were standing firmly and looked back at him. The rangers were standing on the very far end.

"I don't want to get any messages saying, 'I am holding my position.' We are not holding a goddamned thing. Let Sombra do that. We are advancing constantly and we are not interested in holding onto anything, except the enemy's balls. We are going to twist his balls and kick the living shit out of him all of the time. Our basic plan of operation is to advance and to keep on advancing. We're going to go through the enemy like shit through a tinhorn!"

Daniel stopped for a moment to took several breaths.

"For the service you have done in this great struggle in which we are engaged I present you sincere thanks for myself and the country. I almost always feel inclined, when I happen to say anything to soldiers, to impress upon them in a few brief remarks the importance of success in this contest. It is not merely for today, but for all time to come that we should perpetuate for our children's children this great and free government, which we have enjoyed all our lives. I beg you to remember this, not merely for my sake, but for yours... the nation is worth fighting for, to secure such an inestimable jewel. The result of our efforts will be unclouded glory, and a durable peace."

The troops under Daniel's command received the speech well. The sergeant's strong reputation caused considerable excitement among the army, and they listened intently, in absolute silence, as he spoke. As well for the residents.

"I, myself am amongst you at this time, not as for my recreation or sport, but being resolved, in the midst and heat of the battle, to live or die amongst you all; to lay down, for my God, and for the kingdom, and for my friends, my honour and my blood."

Daniel looked at Celestia. She was now at the verge of her tears, and so does the others who were standing right next to her. He then looked to everypony who is watching at him. The residents, they seemed to be more confident than before. They looked at him with awe as he spoke. Daniel smiled and continue on his speech.

"We shall not flag or fail, we shall go on to the end, we shall fight in Equestria, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence, and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our country, whatever the cost may be..." He paused for a second to took a deep breath, "We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills! WE SHALL NEVER SURRENDER!!!"

"YEAAAHHHH!!" The army are now cheering while raising their weapons to high up to the sky. Daniel couldn't help but smile at the scenery. He felt a hand on his shoulder and he saw Forbes gave him a smirk, yet confident smile.

"Not good at inspirational speech eh?" Forbes teases him, "I think the whole town like it." Forbes gestured Daniel to look at the residents and when he saw, all of them looked at him with wide eyes. As if they just saw an angel fall from the sky.

"Well, to be honest, one of it I remembered from Winston Churchill's speech." They both chuckled for awhile.

The cheering soon dies and now the army stood firmly and looked back at the young sergeant.

He looked up at the sky as he spoke, "Sleep tight Equestria! We got your six covered!"

"We're Oscar Mike!" Forbes shouted as he readjust his weapon, "Come on ladies! Today, is the day to celebrate our victory! HOOAH!"

"HOOAH!!" All of them screamed from the top of their lungs. The guards began to enter the trains while the rangers going for their own vehicles.

"I'll let you go with two humvees there Daniel," Forbes suddenly said.

"What? Why?"

"There's only three of you in the humvee. I bet you need more men. Besides..." Forbes smiled, "We already got two choppers with full of rangers, we can take that."

Daniel smiled and nod to Forbes. He was about to go to the humvee with his friends when a sudden voice stopped him. He turned around to see Phillip and his copilot running towards him.

"Daniel!" Phillip shouted as he waved his hand.

"What is it buddy?" Daniel asked when they stopped right in front of him.

"Is this really our last battle?" He asked frantically.

"I hope so, I've done enough with Sombra. He killed Finn already and I'll make sure that he'll pay for it."

"Aww man," Phillip whined, "I've only been here for a day. Plus all of it was in that hospital."

"Not all of it," Forbes chuckled, "You're late son, you missed all of the fun."

"But trust me," Daniel added, "You don't wanna. When I said I had enough, I really mean it."

"I agree with him," Forbes said.

Phillip let out a sigh and lowered his head. His copilot, by the name of Garrison patted his shoulder. "Dude, it's alright. You should be grateful that you didn't make it here in the first place. You heard him, his friend's dead because of this."

"In war, everyone dies," Phillip retorted.

"Yeah, but do you want to die?" Garrison asked again. Phillip didn't answer his question as he remained silent. Daniel sighed and put his gun on his side while crossing his arms.

"Listen dude, I don't know what's gone into you. We better get going right now, the others are waiting."

Phillip nodded and walked away with Garrison to their jet. Daniel shook his head and turned around to walk to his humvee. Again, he was stopped by someone calling his name. But this one, he had a smile on his face and turned around just in time when he was tackled to the ground by a big hug.

"Promise me ya'll come back," the orange pony said while hugging him as if it's the last thing she would ever do. Daniel chuckles and wrap his arms around her.

"I will," he whispers to her ear and nibbles it, causes Applejack to laugh a little. He was about to get up but only to be pinned down again to the ground when the Elements suddenly give him a group hug.

"Please be safe, Dann," Twilight said. The others too begin to say the words.

"Darling, please come back because I already finished your suit," Rarity said dramatically.

"Promise us you'll be back," Sunset said.

"Don't do stupid thing alone, you hear me?" Starlight said.

"I know you can make it bro, just be cool!" Rainbow said, causing Daniel to chuckle.

"Take care yourself, Dann," Fluttershy quietly said.

"Come back so I can show some of my best cupcakes!" Pinkie exclaimed.

"It's alright girls," Daniel said, trying to break free from the hug, "I'll be fine. Don't you worry about me so much."

The group break the hug and Daniel immediately stand up with his two legs. He smiles at the group, they're worrying him so much until he couldn't explain it with words. "I promise girls, not only I'll come back, but I'll bring back the peace that you're waiting for so long. We'll stop Sombra... today."

The group smiled as Daniel turned away to his humvee. A humvee and four tanks lined up with pride, and so does the other. Daniel jumped into the humvee and took control of the minigun. He looked at Celestia and the others, who is watching him with proud. He smiled and took a deep breath before shouting to the army.

"All right, you sons of bitches! You know how I feel and I know how you feel! I'll be proud to lead you wonderful guys in battle anytime, anywhere! LET'S ROLL OUT!!"

"BATTALION IS OSCAR MIKE!!" Forbes shouted through his walkie.

"Jester One-One, we're taking off," Phillip said.

"This is Dagger Two-One, we're out."

"Dagger Two-Two here, solid copy."

"War Daddy moving." (Abrams 1)

"Warhammer, out." (Abrams 2)

"Firefly here, these bastards better be tough." (Abrams 3)

"Tirpitz, solid copy." (Abrams 4)

"Iron Horse here, let's show them hell." (Stryker)

"All Hunter 2, move out!" They heard Forbes yelled through the walkie.

"Shining Armor here, we're breaking away." The trains immediately left the station with the rangers behind them. The tanks, helicopters, humvees moving out of the village slowly. The troops waved to the onlookers every now and then.

The town's pony residence waving and cheering happily. They know they will win, and that's because just one person who encourage them all. They continue to cheer until the army was out of sight. All of them still stood there, watching at the distance.

"I don't know what to say but..." Twilight suddenly said, "I think we will win."

"Totally!" Rainbow exclaimed, "We're counting on them and they know too that they will win!"

"Ah know we will sugarcube," Applejack said, "We all know."

"He really is a true guardian," Luna chimed in.

"Yeah," Cadance replied, "I can't imagine if Equestria doesn't have a human like him."

"Let's hope for the best of them," Spike said. They all nod and continue on their rambling.

Celestia looked up at the sky and a smile slowly curled from the corners of her mouth. "We are counting on you, Daniel," she mumbled as she closed her eyes, "May your God be with you. And we will always here when you're back."

Author's Note:

Hey guys!! Just wanted to say THANK YOU so much for supporting this story. You're the reason for me to keep going it and I really, really thank you for liking the story and reading it so far! The story is about to end though 'cause I had no idea what'll happen next. But I'm planning something... different. Just you wait my friends!

On going chapter: The Crucible