• Published 20th Apr 2020
  • 3,645 Views, 196 Comments

Ranger's Destiny (Undergoing Edited) - TasteDaRainbow



Rangers find themselves in a world full of colorful talking ponies and an adventure awaits them. A war is taking place on Equestria. How can they survive through all of this? And the most important thing is, will they ever get back home? God help us.

  • ...
21
 196
 3,645

Unexpected Assault

"My Liege, I just received a report that the creatures are now making a move to take Appleloosa and Dodge City. What shall we do?"

Sombra is looking at the window. Hearing the news, his ears perked up and he turned around to see his General panting heavily after running across the empire.

"You know what I wanted to do," Sombra walk slowly towards him. The General just stood there in attention, waiting for the King's order. Sombra stop right next to him, "Bring one of them to me... alive."

"What about Fillydelphia, My Liege?"

"That's an order General, leave Fillydelphia at dawn and move all forces to Dodge City, make sure you bring one of those pests."

"I will My Lord," replied the General before running out of the throne room. Sombra walk back and headed to the balcony. He took a deep breath and let out a big sigh.

"Soon enough, whatever you are... you will regret it for the rest of your life."

______________________________________________


Day 6 - 18:07
Sgt. Daniel Nicholas
1st Bn., 75th Ranger Regiment
Dodge City, Equestria

"Fifty seconds!" Daniel shouted as he grip the minigun tightly as the town begin to emerge in the cover of the night. There are some lights could be seen so there must be a life in that town. The Blackhawk is now hoovering above the train, covering it in case if there's any enemy assault. "Check your equipment guys!"

"Dann," Zano says checking his gun, "Why don't you just stay in the chopper? We need air support but there's no one controlling the minigun!"

"Just leave it to me!" The young ranger replies, "I'll make sure to navigate and cover you guys from the air!" As the chopper and the train move closer, some magics and arrows began to rain on them. "Ten seconds!" Daniel shouted again. He began to fire the minigun as they were in the distance with the enemy. Once the train stop at the station, the Blackhawk behind the station so the enemies couldn't attack it. "Let's go! Let's go! Save any civilians if there are any in this town!"

"Got it!" Johnson says cocking his gun, "Come on Zano! PARTY TIME!!!"

"Hooah!"

Meanwhile, in Appleloosa...

"Thirty seconds!" Forbes shouted to the rangers. Chase and Jerry quickly check their munitions. When they almost arrived at the town, they were bombarded with magics and arrows.

"Hang on," the Dagger Two-Two says while wobbling around because the rain of magics on them. As they regain control of the chopper, they immediately search for cover so that the chopper won't get beaten up.

"Right there!" Chase shouted and pointed to the station, "We can hide behind that station!" The little bird quickly move to their cover and landed. Just in time when the train full of Royal Guards came to a full stop.

"We're Oscar Mike!" Forbes shouted and quickly jumped out of the chopper, followed by Jerry and Chase close behind.

They quickly take cover behind the train as the enemies relentlessly bombard them with their weapons. The rangers were greeted by a bunch of guards that were came out of the train.

"What shall we do now Sarge?" Ask one of the guards.

Forbes thought about it for a second until an idea came to his mind. "I'll throw some flashbangs on them and when they exploded, your team will form a line with your shields raised to cover us and the rest! Move forward to the street slowly and when we reach the first houses, we quickly clear them off do I make myself clear?" The guards nodded vigorously and prepared themselves for battle.

Forbes grab two flashbangs and threw it. Once the shrill sounds could be heard, he quickly ordered the guards, "Let's go! Move up!" The guards immediately did what they told. Across the street, they form a line with raised shields as they covering their teammates. "Push slowly!" Forbes ordered again. He then grab his walkie, "Dagger Two-Two, we need the air support now!" The chopper is now hoovering in the air and mercilessly shoot the enemies with it's minigun.

It only take ten minutes for them to retake the small town. The chopper landed right in the middle of the town while Forbes and his rangers check their ammunition. The guards gathered around them when they're done clearing all of the houses.

"Reporting in," Forbes said.

"The houses are clear Sarge!" Air Burst replied and take a step forward, "There's no one left except us."

"Are there any civilians left?" Jerry asked.

Air Burst shook his head, "Negative, I think they had been saved earlier with you guys," he sighed, "Sorry about Sergeant Finn, he would've made it if we were here."

"Hey it's not your fault Commander," Chase replied with a smile, "In war, there will always... death."

"Are there any casualties?" Jerry asked again, "From us."

"Nah," replied one of the guards, "Thanks to your tactic we manage to wipe them all out without anyone wounded."

Forbes nodded, "Alright good job soldiers. We'll stay here for tonight until we get back for tomorrow morning, make campfires around the town. Get some rest guards. We'll guard in shift and call me if there's anything suspicious." With a quick nod, the the guards spread out and make their campfires everywhere. Some of them take a rest inside the houses. They deserve it though.

Forbes, Chase and Jerry move to one of the campfires with three guards sitting around it. They sit around them while chatting together with the guards.

"I wonder what are the others doing in Dodge City," said one of the guards.

Forbes smile at him and then looked to the beautiful night sky, "Probably having a party right now."

Dodge City...

"Dann! We're pinned down over here! What the hell are you shooting at?!" Johnson shouted through his walkie. The guards and the rangers are pinned down in the middle of the street.

"Can't you see we're being fucked up here?!" Daniel shouts back, "Their magics are strong enough to take down this thing!"

"Dammit!" Zano quickly duck as he ran out of ammo.

"I didn't think they would be this many!" Shining said which could be heard through Zano's walkie.

"So am I!" Daniel replied. After regaining control of the chopper, Daniel immediately fires back at the enemies.

"I count eight hostiles at the top of a building," the Dagger Two-One says, "Two o'clock. They're pinning down our troops down there."

"Shift right!" Daniel ordered.

"Shifting," the chopper move slightly to the right to get Daniel a better angle to shoot.

"Stabilize," Daniel says. The chopper stops, wasting no time Daniel quickly fires at the building; eliminate all enemies up there. "What are you guys waiting for?!" Daniel screams through his walkie, "Come on! Move your asses! I got your six covered!"

Hearing this, Johnson put his walkie back and looked at Zano, "We'll throw some smokes for us to break through! Ya ready?"

"Ready as I'll ever be!" Zano replied. They both grab a smoke grenade and throw it to the street. Once the smoke are thick enough to cover their movements, they got out from their cover and slowly move towards the smoke.

"Come on!" Johnson shouted to the guards, "Keep moving!" The guards quickly got out from their covers, some of them raised their shields to protect their teammates. As they came out of the smoke, they saw the Blackhawk wobbling but still firing on a massive force at the end of the street, who fires back at the chopper.

"Guys! A little help over here!" Daniel sound could be heard from their walkie.

"Come on soldiers!" Johnson shrieked.

"We take back what is ours!" Shining added.

"YEAAHHHH!!"

All of the guards rushed in to the fight, followed by Zano and Johnson supporting them with their weapons. Without mercy, they kill every pony that is wearing the black armor. Daniel immediately cease fire and tell the chopper to landed.

It only take twenty minutes for them to eliminate all hostiles that is in the town. They checked all of the houses and manage to find some civilians that is hiding in every corner around the houses. They immediately gathered near the chopper where Daniel is waiting and check for any damage to the Blackhawk.

It just took several minutes for the guards to gathered around him to report. He notice this and immediately turned his attention to them. "So?" Daniel asked, "What do we got?"

Shining takes a step forward, "There are still some civilians in this town. We manage to found seventeen of them."

"Are there anyone else aside from them?"

"Negative," Shining replies.

"Where are they now?"

Shining pointing at one of the building to his right, "They're inside that house, Zano and Johnson are with them to be as friendly as possible," he let out a little chuckle.

Daniel looked at all of the guards, then back to Shining, "How many of the guards that are injured?"

"Not many, only five of us. No casualties except the wounded ones."

Daniel smiles and nods at him, "Very well, we take some rest. Make some campfires around the town, tell me if there's anything strange for you. I'll be right here in the chopper, got it?"

"Yes Sarge!" The guards replied in unison.

"Good," Daniel nods, "Make sure to get some rest, guard in shifts. Dismiss." The guards quickly find their own spot to make the campfire. Daniel meanwhile, get around the chopper to check any damage with Carl and his copilot.

"I think there's no damage at all," Carl says looking at the rotor system.

"Yeah," replied the copilot, "She's fine to me."

"Alright," Daniel says after checking the ammo for the minigun, "The minigun still have a lot of ammo so, I suggest we make our campfire here and take some rest."

From the help from some guards with their magic, the campfire is set and they all sit around waiting for Zano and Johnson to join them. When they're waiting for the others, a sound could be heard from Daniel's walkie.

"This is Princess Celestia, Sergeant Daniel can you hear me?" The rangers jumped slightly at the sound of Celestia. All of them gave off a nervous laugh. It was slightly embarrassing that small sounds like could easily startle them now. Daniel grab his walkie and take a few breath before reply.

"I read you Princess," then he realised something, "Wait, how can you talk through the walkie? I mean, we're far away from your position right now."

"To all of your questions my guardian," she replies softly, "It is all because of magic."

"Should've known that," Carl chuckles.

Yeah right, didn't think about it. "So, what is it Princess?" Daniel asked.

______________________________________________


Princess Celestia, Luna, Cadance and all of her little ponies are sitting around the table. Twilight and her friends had a worried look on their faces.

"What's wrong?" Cadance asks looking at Twilight.

"I don't know," Twilight replied, worried look could be seen in her face, "I just had this bad feeling... but I don't know what."

"Same here sugarcube," Applejack places her hoof around Twilight, "But Ah'm sure the rangers could handle any situation right there."

"You can rely on them darling," Rarity chimed in, "Especially they got the best tacticians in the battle."

"I guess your right," Twilight smiles at her friends.

"If they get back here, I'm gonna throw them a welcome back home party!" Pinkie shrieks.

"I'm sure they wanted a rest Pinkie," Rainbow says putting a hoof to calm the pink party pony.

Celestia smiles at her little ponies and put her walkie to the table. The ponies quickly turned their gaze to Celestia, then to the walkie.

"You mean," Sunset eyes still look at the walkie, "We can talk to him?"

Celestia nods, "Yes, and I'm sure you all already miss him?" Cadance could see Twilight and her friends now beaming with happiness. They all nodded vigorously causes the Princess of the Sun to chuckle. She grabs the walkie with her magic and place it a few inches from her mouth. "This is Princess Celestia, Sergeant Daniel can you hear me?"

The ponies waited patiently for answer until the sound they've been waiting came out from the walkie. "I read you Princess." Celestia was about to speak but interrupts by Daniel, "Wait, how can you talk through the walkie? I mean, we're far away from your position right now."

Celestia chuckles kind-heartedly before replies, "To all of your questions my guardian, it is all because of magic." It took every ounce of Twilight and her friends willpower to not grab the walkie and talk with the young sergeant.

"So, what is it Princess?"

Twilight and her friends were about to get up from their seat but Celestia raised a hoof, telling them to stay in place, "I want to tell you that the Griffons, Hippogriffs, and the Dragons are our allies right now."

"I'm listening," Daniel replies.

"Tomorrow morning, the Griffons will help us maintaining control of the town. You are allowed to go home tomorrow."

A moment of silence filled the room until Daniel speaks up again, "Alright Princess, we'll head home tomorrow. The sooner the better."

"Are there any civilians in the town?"

"Yeah, there are total of seventeen civvies and we manage to secure them. We'll take 'em with us tomorrow. Is that all you want to talk about?"

"Well," Celestia smiles at her little ponies, "There are some ponies that want to talk to you." Twilight quickly grab the walkie with her magic and places it in front of her friends.

"Daniel, you alright?" Twilight asked impatiently.

"He hey, isn't that the Princess of Friendship, Twilight Sparkle. Of course I'm alright." The ponies let out a sigh of relief. "Don't worry about me too much there Twi, you'll get yourself a fever." Twilight frowned but manage to let out a light chuckle.

"We all miss you darling," Rarity speaks up.

"Oh are you? I just left for a couple of hours."

"Yeah!" Pinkie shrieks, "And when you're back, I'll throw you a welcome back to Ponyville party!" They could hear Daniel giggle through the walkie.

"I would love to Pinkie, but I just wanted to take some rest after that. We got a little resistance here and I don't want to waste anymore energy before another battle starts." Pinkie's mane deflated after hearing the response. But Daniel seems to notice this. "Cheer up Pinkie! I'd can't wait to taste your awesome sweets when I get back!" It's like he flipped a switch in her head, Pinkie's poofy mane came back and she instantly brightens up; with a huge smile on her face.

"Ohhh!! You and I are going to have so much fun!! For tomorrow when you're come back I'm planning to-"

"I think, she wants you to have breakfast at Sugarcube Corner," Starlight interrupts while putting a hoof on Pinkie's mouth.

"Mmm, mmmm, mmm," Pinkie mumbled through Starlight's hoof.

"Uhh girls, it's been a long day and me and the others are going to take some rest, I'll see you all tomorrow."

"Promise us y'all come back sugarcube!" Applejack called.

"Meh, we'll always get back home," then, they heard a long yawn, "Phew, I needed to get some rest early, goodnight girls!" With that, the walkie goes off and the ponies returned to their seats.

"All of you get some rest too," Celestia says hoovering the walkie with her magic and places it in front of her.

"For tomorrow's another day," Luna added. The ponies nodded and began to make their way to their room. Since it's night time and they all too tired to walk back home, they stay at Twilight's castle for a night. After reporting the same to Forbes, Celestia and Luna teleports themselves back to Canterlot.

______________________________________________


Day 7 - 04:26
Sgt. Daniel Nicholas
1st Bn., 75th Ranger Regiment
Dodge City, Equestria

The sky is still dark with countless stars could see in it and the moon shine it's dimly light to the world that is mostly still sleeping under the beautiful night sky. In Dodge City however, some of the guards could be seen patrolling around the town while the rangers are gathering next to the chopper.

"Alright," Daniel looked at Zano and Johnson, "Yesterday I got a report from Celestia that the Griffons will be here anytime soon," he pauses and looked around, "They will take control of the town and we're going to head back home."

"When will they arrive by the way?" Johnson crossed his arms.

Daniel thought for a moment before answers, "Celestia didn't tell me about it, but I'm pretty sure that they'll arrive here in no time."

"I hope you're right," Carl replies, "I don't like be in here any longer."

"We all do," Zano says adding an annoyed tone on his voice. Suddenly, they could see Shining running towards them, making the rangers stare at him with confusion.

"Sergeant!" He panting heavily as he stops right in front of them.

"What is it?" Daniel quickly knelt down put a hand on his shoulder.

"They're here! They come with a massive force!" Daniel eyes widened, just as he was about to stand up, an explosion could be seen in the northeast part of the town.

"What are the guards doing?!" Johnson shrieks.

"We'll hold 'em as long as we could! We need to get out of here! I count two or three battalions attempting to break through the defensive line!" Daniel turned around to face the others.

"Carl! Get this chopper running! Zano, come with me, we'll help the guards to hold them off! Johnson, make sure every civilians get into the train!" Without a response, they quickly did as they told. Daniel immediately run to help the guards, followed closely by Shining and Zano.

As they reach the guard's defence line, they quickly ran into cover. Zano and Daniel immediately fires back to their enemies.

"There's too many of them!" Zano shrieks as he reloads, "We can't stay here much longer!"

"We have to retreat!" Shining says as he fires his magic to the multiple direction. Just then, an arrow flies directly to Shining. Lucky for him, he dodge to the left and the arrow didn't hit directly to it's target. Instead, leaving a rather massive cut on his neck. Blood slowly dripping from the wound and Shining is now screaming in pain while his hoof pressing the wound.

"Shining's down!" Zano shouted and began to hold his hand to Shining's neck. "I need bandages!"

"We don't have any!" Daniel shouts back as he fires his gun until his last bullet. "Shit!" He threw his gun to the side and pulls out his Deagle. "We gotta get Shining outta here!"

"Daniel! We're ready to go!" The voice of Johnson could be heard from his walkie.

"Everybody! Retreat!" Daniel shouted and begin to lift Shining up on his arms. The guards begin retreating while being bombarded by arrows and magics mercilessly. Daniel and Zano run along side each other and finally reach to the chopper. Daniel put Shining down on the seat gently as he still keeping his hand to the wound.

"Go to the train!" Zano screamed at the top of his lungs. All of the guards immediately go to the train and closed all of the door.

"Johnson! Get the fuck outta here right now!" Daniel shouted through his walkie. The train immediately leave the station and the chopper behind.

"Come on!" Carl shouted, "We gotta get out of here fast!"

"Zano keep the pressure on the wound!" Daniel says. Zano immediately put his hand around Shining's neck. "You're gonna be alright Shining!" Daniel pat his head, "I promise to Cadance that I'll bring you back home no matter what it takes!" He grab a hold of the minigun and starts firing as the army came into view.

The Blackhawk is now hoovering in the air while Daniel keep the suppressing fire desperately to prevent the enemy from shooting them with their magic. Just as they were about to leave, a magic shots out from one of them and hit the minigun and explodes. This cause Daniel to lose his balance and fall off from the helicopter, making a loud 'thud' as he touches the ground.

"Daniel!" Zano shouted and looked down from the chopper. Daniel manage to stand on his two feet and looked up at his friend.

"Go!" He screamed and gestured his hand to leave, "Leave me! Go and take Shining home!" Zano nodded and told Carl to get the hell out of there.

Daniel begin to run at full speed as the Blackhawk leaving the area. While he was running, he desperately pull out his walkie and shouted to anyone that could hear him. "This Sergeant Daniel Nicholas, does anyone copy?!"

Meanwhile, in Twilight's castle...

Sunset slowly awakes as she heard a male voice screamed repeatedly throughout the hallway. She lazily get off from her bed and onto her four hooves. "Dear Celestia, who is making that noisy sound in the time like this?" She mumble and opens the door, only to see Twilight standing across her room with the same expression.

"Sunset?"

"Twilight?" They both looked at the throne room, "Who is that?"

"I don't know," Twilight replied with a frown, "But who ever it is, he'll make a good explanation for disturbing our sleep." They both walk to the throne room only to realize that the voice is coming from the walkie at the center of the table. Princess Celestia must've forgotten to bring it back with her. As they got closer, they immediately recognise who's the voice belong to.

"This is Sergeant Daniel Nicholas, does anyone copy?!" Both mares eyes widened and Twilight quickly grab the walkie with her magic and sends it floating right in front of them.

"Daniel? This is Twilight what's wrong?"

"Twilight! Listen to me! We got ambushed at Dodge City! Tell Celestia, do not send the Griffons over here! Pull back all of the Griffons! I repeat pull back-" Suddenly, a loud explosion could be heard and the walkie was cut off.

"Hello?! Daniel?! You there?!" Twilight shouted multiple times only to get no response from Daniel. She looked at Sunset with horror on her face.

"We need to tell Celestia now!"

______________________________________________


"Twilight! Listen to me! We got ambushed at Dodge City! Tell Celestia, do not send the Griffons over here! Pull back all of the Griffons! I repeat pull back-" Daniel cannot complete his sentence when a magic suddenly explode from his back. Sending him flying a few meters on air and land flat on his back, making him unable to move. Daniel was able to pick himself off the ground for a moment before he got pin back down from a sudden energy. He struggles and tries his best to break free but to no avail. The magic is too strong.

"Shit," he muttered. The last thing he saw is a pony with a red badass cape raising his hoof high up in the air and stomps him. Making him unconscious.

______________________________________________


Daniel slowly drifted off from his unconsciousness and immediately regret it. His head hurt worse than ever, making him winced as he tried to hold himself on. He started to regain his vision and just to see that he's now tied in a chair with chains on his torso through his arms and legs. He heard a light clip clop sound in front of him.

"Hello creature, I was expecting to see you."

"I'm a fuckin' human you asshole. And yeah, I would love to see you too."

Author's Note:

Schiesse, it's taking more time than I thought dang it.

On going chapter: Prisoner of War