• Published 20th Apr 2020
  • 3,645 Views, 196 Comments

Ranger's Destiny (Undergoing Edited) - TasteDaRainbow



Rangers find themselves in a world full of colorful talking ponies and an adventure awaits them. A war is taking place on Equestria. How can they survive through all of this? And the most important thing is, will they ever get back home? God help us.

  • ...
21
 196
 3,645

The Battle Plans

Day 11 - 07:38
Sgt. Daniel Nicholas
1st Bn., 75th Ranger Regiment
Ponyville, Equestria

After five minutes of walking, Applejack and Daniel finally arrived to their destination. Daniel put her down and both of them enter the main door and proceed to the throne room. There, Celestia and the Elements along with Forbes waiting for their arrival. Forbes stood between Twilight and Fluttershy with crossed arms. He smiled when he saw Daniel walked in. Applejack took a seat next to Rainbow while Daniel standing between them.

"Feeling good bro?" Rainbow asked to the young ranger.

"As always," Daniel said, offering a hoofbump, which Rainbow gladly accept. He notice Shining was standing between Twilight and Pinkie Pie, which he immediately smiled at the stallion. "It's been awhile since we last met."

Shining chuckles, "You've been really busy lately, I can't disrupt your time."

Daniel shrugged, "Meh, you can talk with me if you want to. I won't mind."

"Alright," Forbes getting their attention by clapping his hands, "I believe the Princess wants to inform something." They all turned their gaze to the sun goddess.

Celestia clear her throat, "Everyone, I would firstly like to thank you the rangers for coming into this meeting as soon as possible." Forbes and Daniel nod, still with crossed arms. "I just received a report from my recon squads. Each of the squad had said that the war was starting to have psychological effects on captured cities."

"Enslaved?" Twilight asked. Celestia only nod with a sad look.

"Damn Sombra," Daniel shook his head.

"One of my recon squadron had trapped in the city of Baltimare, who is mostly crowded by the enslaved ponies," Celestia said again, "They are now fighting with the resistance in the city."

"Anything else?" Forbes asked.

"Yes," Luna chimed in, "Another squad said that in the city of Fillydelphia, they had discovered hundreds of traumatized children."

The table then began to emerge the map of two cities.

"Always looks like seeing the future to me," Forbes chuckles. Daniel soon followed suit.

"Maybe one day, Sergeant."

"This is Baltimare," Celestia said as she pointed the city on Daniel's right, "And this is Fillydelphia." She pointed on the left one.

"It's all up to you kid," Forbes said while putting his both hands on the table, "I believe you're the best tactician the rangers could've asked for."

Daniel observed the maps that had been given to him by the sun goddess. Princess Celestia was worried about enslaved ponies, since Sombra probably was treating them very badly. However, Princess Luna was concerned about the kids, who couldn't handle living in such a horrible scenario. Daniel brought his hand to his chin, trying to consider which city could be next. Most of the time, it was woman and children first, but back in the days of the Civil War, slaves were the primary concern. And yes, Daniel had been in a tough situation like this; worst, but he never been forced to choose between a child and a slave. Both needed to be rescued, but which one needed it more? Darn it. He put one of his hands to Applejack's chair, while the other on Rainbow's. Daniel groan as he tried to figure a way out.

"Staff Sergeant...," Princess Celestia said, getting Daniel's attention, "We hate to place this decision on your shoulders but... you have more experience with seeing the effects of war on these groups." Daniel nodded, trying to observe the layouts of the cities. Neither one had an easy way in, or out. Making stealth a primary concern.

"Baltimare has a local militia that's been fighting the Sombra's army right? Guards too?" Daniel asked as he looked up to Celestia. Princess Celestia looked over to her sister, who nodded.

"Yes, but they are heavily outnumbered, and we believe that they're setting up a desperate 'last stand' as we speak." She said with concern in her voice.

"How many of them are there?" Forbes asked.

"We are not sure," Cadance replied, "Maybe dozens? Not until one battalion."

"In each city?"

"Probably."

Daniel still observing both cities. He then placed his hands on the table and narrowed his eyes. These cities sure are pretty big. How will it be? He closes his eyes and let his brain do it's job, until a crazy idea pops out of his mind. This might be crazy but... at least this is for the best.

"You said there are not until one battalion?" Daniel asked as he looked to Princess of the Night.

"I hope so," she replied.

"You got any plans?" Forbes asked to Daniel.

"I might have one, but this is gonna be crazy." All of them waited for Daniel to spoke up. He took a deep breath before he spoke, "We need to split up our forces."

"Come again?" Twilight asked. Daniel looked up to face her.

"We have large amounts of troops, and thanks to our tech, a heck of lot of firepower to back them up. Now what I'm recommending will rescue both of the cities, with minimal casualties, if any." He says. The Princesses look over to each other. Luna and Cadance nods, and Celestia looks over to Shining Armor, the captain of the guard. He also nods. Celestia smiles and looks back to the Staff Sergeant.

"And what do you have in mind, Guardian?" Daniel smiles sheepishly at her compliment, but he quickly regain his composure as he clears his throat.

"Alright, here's what we're gonna do," he began his explanation, "Me and my squad are heading to Baltimare. Luckily for us, Fillydelphia and Baltimare are on one route. It will be easy for us to send reinforcements to one another, since we got the helicopters." He then looked to Forbes. "Forbes, I need you and your men to take Fillydelphia, we use every weapon we got. Tanks, choppers, everything. We're gonna make this as one final push."

"Hooah," Forbes replied. Right now, the ponies looked at Daniel with hope in their eyes. He's gonna make one final push, one last chance and they know he won't fail it.

"We need to send a small, heavily armed strike team to Baltimare, let our allies know we're on our way. We can use the Abrams to lay down heavy fire. The strongest warriors among us will lead the charge, we're kicking in the front door here." He continued. He then pointed at one of the spot on Baltimare. "Here, we're sending a massive attack force, but first we pick off slave drivers and rescue the slaves. Once we've rescued about three fourths of the prisoners, we send in the full assault force, and liberate the remaining prisoners from there. We have to make sure not to make any shots too early, or we could give our troops away."

"So what am I suppose to do?" Forbes asked impatiently. Daniel put a sly smile on his face.

"Forbes," he said, "I need you with Stryker and the helicopters to liberate Fillydelphia, along with the other rangers. You'll with two helicopters, a Stryker, and two humvees. Watch out for civvies, if it's possible, firstly you guys do a stealth move to get the civvies out of there. Me and my squad will with four Abrams and give 'em hell. After we liberate both towns, we regroup back in Ponyville and proceed our way to Crystal Empire. With that, we kill Sombra and make sure he regret all of this. His time will come... soon." Daniel paused for a minute before realized something. "Wait, how's the jet doing?"

"I was hoping for you to ask that Staff Sergeant," Celestia said, "The unicorns had tried their best to repair it. It seems the result is very satisfying."

"Don't tell me-"

"Yes," Luna cut him off, "It can fly again, you don't need to worry about it anymore."

Rainbow's face begin to brighten up when she heard it. "I really want to see how it can fly!" She exclaimed.

Daniel and Forbes chuckled at her reaction. "After the war is over, I think you deserve to have a look on it," Daniel said with a smile. Rainbow immediately leapt off from her chair and hugged Daniel tight.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you so much!"

Daniel chuckles as he trying to balance himself from the sudden outburst. He then wrapped his arms around the cyan pegasus. "You're very welcome Dash."

Rainbow release the hug and sit down to her chair again. Daniel then continue on his plan. "So, with the jet have been fixed..." He stopped as he chuckled for a moment, "This is gonna be so much fun than I thought."

"You don't say," Forbes putting on a naughty smile on his face, "But don't get too cocky now there kid. We don't know what he's planning out there."

"I know, I know," Daniel replied, "It's just, I don't wanna trapped in this war anymore. We have to end this once and for all." He said with a confident smile. "And I bet Sombra is now out of ideas. Anyway, I want the jet to support both squads, bomb run."

"Bomb run?" Twilight asked while Forbes only smirks at the young ranger's plan.

"I believe the F-16 have a bunch of missiles on her wings, she will be our most valuable air support. With the missile launch from her, she would be able to kill multiple enemies in just one shot. I'm sure that Phillip would love to do the gun run."

"How will he be able to get out from the hospital?" Forbes asked to the ponies.

"Well," Starlight said, "Because of the magic that heals him faster than before, I think he should be able to come out tomorrow... morning, I guess?"

"Perfect," Daniel snaps his fingers, "All we have to do now is to find his copilot. The last one didn't make it."

"Yeah," Forbes said, a sad tone on his, "I think I already got one. His name is Private Garrison. I heard that he could fly a plane, in this situation, maybe he could fly a jet."

"That should help," Daniel replied, "Alright, let's cut this. Me, Jerry and Chase will lead the charge on Baltimare, while Forbes, Zano and Johnson leading the charge to Fillydelphia. Save the civilians, and give 'em hell. Hooah?"

"Hooah," Forbes replied.

They both then looked to Celestia, waiting for her response. She smiled at the rangers and a single tear ran down her cheek.

"How can I ever repay you for your kindness?" She said, sniffling. Daniel smiled warmly and slowly walked to her side and placed a hand around her.

"No need to thank us Your Highness, we just do what is right to do. And we're happy to help you, and the rest of your little ponies." Celestia then wrap her wing to Daniel and hug him tight. Daniel gladly accept this with sharing his warmth to the Princess. "Don't worry Your Highness, we'll do what we do best."

Celestia smiled lovingly as she listened to his words. "Please, call me Celestia."

Daniel chuckles, "Hehe, alright Celestia. What do you say about the plan?"

"Well, I for one am for your plan. What about you three?" Celestia said still holding Daniel while looking to the other Princesses and Shining.

"Absolutely," Shining smiled, "I'll assist you in Baltimare, you're not going in there without somepony the guards know they can trust."

"I believe they already know the rangers alright."

"Better take some precautions," Shining pit on a sly grin. Daniel chuckles, knowing that he won't win against the stallion. He then let go of the hug and looks at Luna.

"Do what you have to do, Dann," she says, smiling as she does, "We can count on you."

Daniel nodded and looked at Cadance, who immediately tackled him into a tight hug. "Just be safe, okay." She said.

"What? We haven't arrange the time yet."

"How about tomorrow at ten?" Forbes asked, "Phillip should fully recover and we have enough time to prepare ourselves."

"I was thinking the same thing," Daniel said still being held by the Princess of Love, "It's alright Princess, I'll be fine." Though, he doubt about it but he didn't want everyone to worry about him. Cadance let go of the hug and smiled at him, lovingly.

"Flurry will always greet you when you're back."

"Likewise," Daniel winked at her. He then looked back at the ponies and crossed his arms. "Right, I think that's all. Me and Forbes will inform the other rangers and tomorrow, we'll do our final assault for Sombra." He then grabbed his walkie and turn it on. "All rangers, this is Sergeant Nicholas, meet me in the Town Hall on the next five hours. We're about to stopping a river." The ponies confused at his words. Daniel put back his walkie and looked at the ponies. "What?" He simply asked.

"Stopping a river?" Sunset asked, tilting her head.

Daniel chuckled and proceed his way out of the room. Before that, he turned around and smiled at the ponies. "Let's just say... victory is right in front of our eyes."

Author's Note:

On going chapter: Stopping the River