• Published 24th Mar 2022
  • 1,031 Views, 10 Comments

I Can See A Rainbow - Lil Snowflake



A devoted Pegasister is mysteriously transported to the world of Equestria, but it's not the Equestria she knows. Now she must find out what happened to the magic of the land, and discover the true power of friendship.

  • ...
4
 10
 1,031

Finding A New Friend

~Lil' Snowflake's POV~

*Phew* It's warm today. Summer is definitely here, despite all the trees and crystals in Bridlewood. Good thing I know a thing or two on making good refreshing smoothies for the weary Unicorn. Fruity and delicious.

It's been a couple of months since I woke up in a future setting of Equestria and adopted the form of a tall green Unicorn. I became best friends with a bubbly and eccentric Unicorn named Izzy Moonbow and got a job at the local tea tavern in Bridlewood as a barista.

Today, I was working my afternoon shift in the tavern, serving one of my famous smoothies to a Unicorn poet named Onyx, when Alphabrittle walked behind the counter and toward me.

"Well done at keeping up with the pace, Lil' Snow." He praised me, "Summer is a very busy season for the tavern."

"Just doing what I can to help." I answered with a humble smile.

Alphabrittle shook his head, "Don't be so humble. You're a great barista and smoothie maker." Then he leaned over and whispered, "Tell me, what is your secret of those mango smoothies? They really are a hit."

I let out a small giggle, then looked around to see if anypony was listening. The coast seemed to be clear. I leaned closer to Alphabrittle and whispered into his ear, "Ripe mangos."

Alphabrittle stood there dumbfounded. He recovered and looked at me with a raised brow, "That's it? Just ripe mangos, vanilla yogurt and ice?"

I nodded with a smile, "That's it."

Alphabrittle scratched the back of his neck with a sheepish expression, "Well, I'll be a monkey's uncle."

I chuckled at his expression. At the corner of my eye, I noticed the time was reaching evening time. My shift in the tavern was over. I gasped and removed my apron to hang it over the hanger at the back and grabbed my saddlebag. I waved good-bye to everypony in the tavern and left it in Alphabrittle's care.

I quietly giggled, as I closed the door and made my way through Bridlewood to Izzy's home. Like I was gonna tell Alphabrittle that my true secret to my mango smoothies is ripe mangos, vanilla ice cream, orange juice, and frozen strawberries. (Don't tell him I told you that)

I reached mine and Izzy's cottage and knocked on the door. "Izzy. I'm home." I called.

The door unlocked and the door opened with a soft creak. I entered the cottage to find Izzy sitting on her makeshift tea table, sipping tea and looking over a small piece of paper. She looked a little sad as she let out a heavy sigh.

I placed my saddlebag next to the door and looked at the bubbly orchid Unicorn. I've never seen this side of her. She's usually very cheerful and always with a smile on her face. Something must have really downed her spirits today.

"Hey." I greeted nicely, "Is something wrong, Izzy?"

Izzy glanced at me for a moment, then back at her paper. She tapped the table with her hoof, beckoning me to sit beside her. I tilted my head slightly, and accepted her invitation to sit next to her. Izzy let out another sigh, but this one wasn't as heavy.

"Bits for your thoughts, Izzy?" I asked.

Izzy passed the paper to me, "What do you see, Snow?"

I looked over the piece of paper. It was a folded piece of paper. I opened the paper and found it was a child's drawing of an Earth Pony, a Pegasus and a Unicorn joined together with a picnic and a rainbow. Crayon writing said 'Dear Unicorns and Pegasi. Yu have friends in Maretime Bay. Come visit us!' It felt warm just to touch the paper.

I looked at my friend, "How long have you had this?"

"Since I was a filly." Izzy answered, "I found it outside of the wood. I wanna go find out if there are others outside of Bridlewood, but I was too scared to leave. I still am today."

"You... You still wanna go?" I asked the orchid Unicorn.

Izzy shook her head, "No way! Earth Ponies and Pegasi are dumb brutes that could cause trouble where they don't belong." She looked at me, "I want to, but what if Unicorns are seen that way too?"

I place my hoof over her shoulder, "Izzy. I'm pretty sure that all that is just a bunch of rumors, gossip and nonsense." I placed my other hoof over my heart, "Trust me, whomever wrote this card really wants to make friends, no matter if you're an Earth Pony, Pegasus or Unicorn." I smiled kindly, "Would you rather stay here and never know, or go to Maretime Bay and find out?"

Izzy looked at the card, then at me. Her face brighten and her smile came back. She took the card and put it in her mane. Izzy looked at me and asked, "Would you like to come with me? You're the closest and best-est friend I have, and I could really use the support."

I smiled at Izzy and nodded, "Of course I'll come with you. I've always wanted to see the rest of Equestria and go on an adventure! Things around Bridlewood are getting boring and depressing."

Izzy smiled and threw her front legs around me. That evening, Izzy and I left the cottage and Bridlewood to travel to Maretime Bay and find whomever wrote the card and make new friends. I have to admit, I'm excited to travel around this new Equestria. See how much has changed and see some old landmarks.

Comments ( 4 )

Oh nice to see this updated.

uis

What updates next? Surprise?

Always nice to see a story updated

More good love it:pinkiehappy::pinkiesmile::rainbowlaugh::heart:😀😃

Login or register to comment