• Published 15th Feb 2020
  • 1,121 Views, 17 Comments

The Eternal Crown - Lin



A completely new theory of immortality, no more tragedy ever! This is the only heartwarming story about immortality in the world! Trust me,you will definitely change attitute to the finale after reading.

  • ...
1
 17
 1,121

Part 4 The return

The original owner of the crown had been ashed thousands of years ago, so the it belonged only to them.

Celestia and Luna.

It’s not because they wear the crowns the longest time, but in the long years, with the immortality, they had controlled the sun and moon regularly, so that the creatures of the land could be revived.

Without their contribution, there would be no land of abundance and no harmony and prosperity today, they’re the pioneers of Equestria.

So the crown must belong to them eventually.

At nightfall, Twilight and Spike came to the Sun and Moon Statue. At this moment, the outline of the falling sun was inlaid with the statue. This picture hadn’t been seen for a long time since the last Summer Sun Celebration.

Raised the sun at dawn

Brought out the moon at night

Created harmony for all the land

Celestia and Luna

Having their final sleep here

The epitaph was very brief, but easy to remember.

Although somepony came to clean it up everyday, it’s still full of flowers for here.

Twilight clear a small space and placed the crown on it.

“Hmm……Twilight, such a valuable crown is placed here as a tribute, I’m afraid that it would be taken away in someday.” Spike tried to warn her.

“No, it won’t. Look.” Twilight tried picking up the crown, as expected, it didn’t move at all.

Because only the owner could take it off.

Now the crown won’t be taken off forever, and it’s laid in here forever.

Spike felt strange, but didn’t ask why.

Twilight seldom came here. In the past, every time she came to mausoleum, she would recall the scenes of the two sister’s funeral and the natinoal mourning. Such a sad memory always made her burst into tears.

But this time, she changed her attitude. They were born in this land, and died naturally. They had their bones buried in the earth, just backed to where they came from, returned to the original owner, no need to be sad about.

Before they left, Twilight wanted to say something to the sisters, but she’s not sure whether they could receive it or not.

“Spike, take down a note.” There’s the one way could send a message to them.

“With pleasure.” The tenured number one assistant was always at her service.

It had been so long time that she didn’t write to Celestia. She almost forgot when was the last letter she wrote to her.

Did something before the memory completely faded.


Dear Celestia and Luna:

A late study report.

Actually, I’m not here to tell you what I have learnt from the friendship or to summarize the lesson I had learnt from the friendship today, but to summarize my life and I think it is time for this.

I still remember you once said that there is more to a young pony's life than studying. But in my opinion, there is nothing more to a whole pony’s life than studying, it should be endless.

After my autobiography became widespread, I’ve been asked more than once that why even though my starting point was the lowest among the six of us, I was just a nerd and they had already started their own cause, I still could be the most successful one in the end.

But just because I’m a nerd, learning is the ability to my specialty. I always learn from my friends, which makes me progress and grow. We all have learnt so much from each other and we all have grown a lot. But in terms of efficiency, I admit I’m better.

Everypony has their own specialty, like magic, sports and so on. But as you get older, you will lose a lot of abilities, except for learning, which can accompany your whole life. The reason why I can finally be the top of Equestria is not only because the magic of friendship but also the lifelong learning, they did help me a lot.

And, of course, I won’t forget your cultivation, Celestia and Luna. I might really only indulge in studying through my whole life and didn’t know what to do if without your guidance. I have never established my own ideal, which may become my lifelong regret.

Although I have never experienced love in my life, I do not consider it a regret. Because I can grow old with my best friends who have always been inseparable, it is definitely the most romantic and happiest thing in Equestria, and I will always love everyone.

Finally, I’m glad to tell you that Equestria is heading for a better future, which may beyond our imagination. We have no chance to witness the arrival of the best times together, but having made the greatest efforts in the era that we lived, we can say that we have lived in our best era.

It will still take some time for me to come to visit you. Please wait patiently.

Your forever faithful student
Twilight Sparkle


Twilight found her writing skill and gift had far lagged behind than when she’s young, because she hadn’t done it for a long time.

“……Twi-light Spar-kle.” Spike finished the writing with the last letter E.

“And Pinkie Pie!”

When Spike was ready to sent out the dragon fire, a scream broke out the silence, then a pink mare head poked out from the flowers, which surprised the aged alicorn again and she need to take antihypertensive drugs right now.

Pinkie Pie was everywhere.

“And we’re here too.” The other friends came out from the behind of the statue.

They all got together again.

When Twilight knew all her best friends were here, her rapidly pumping heart calmed down at once.

“How can you be so selfish that you only send your own blessings to Celestia and Luna.” Rarity came to Twilight and hugged her, the latter could smell the fragrance on her body from the spa.

“No time to waste.” Spike handed them the quill and letter, and let them take turns writing down their own blessings.

“Here is my camera, we haven’t taken a photo together for a long time.” Rainbow Dash took out a camera that she visited the graduation this morning.

The sun was going down, and the sky became darker. She set up the camera and adjusted the timing quickly.

“Say Cheeeeess—"

Each pony in the photo had changed so much than before. Their smooth and shiny mane had gone, their beauty, their youth had gone……

But the friendship was always there.

Spike attached the photo to the letter, sending out his dragon breath. The flames rose and slowly floated toward the sky. The sparkle disappeared into the heaven with the last light of sunset.

——THE END

Author's Note:

This is the end of the story, thanks for reading, I hope you like it.:heart:

I still have a lot to say, maybe I will write a postscript in the future.

Comments ( 5 )

Not bad. Hope you'll check mine out when you get the chance! Passing On Together and its midquel Luster Dawn Friendship Successor.

I don't know about the only heartwarming immortality story ever written. But this is good nonetheless.

10149232
And you see I'm not the only one who had the idea of Twilight making Luster her Successor.

10086947
The problem is they use that Living Forever is Awesome trope to brainwash people into thinking its okay. They use it as a positive way to be immortal, I say screw the awesomeness of life.

Lin

10293318
I also disagree with the idea that they were all immortal.
This story has given a good reason.

Login or register to comment