• Published 7th Jan 2020
  • 9,863 Views, 1,057 Comments

CMC Going Away - PonyJoel



Gabby Gums, once popular now shunned by everypony. No one in town wants to talk or compromise. With a last minute effort and a farewell, no one buys into it until it's too late.

  • ...
25
 1,057
 9,863

PreviousChapters Next
Urgent News from Rich

Author's Note:

Thank you for being patient. Sorry for the long wait.

After days of fixing the situation with Diamond Tiara being the owner of Barnyard Bargains due to the Dark Order's doing, Rich is on his way to Twilight's castle. As he trots, he sees Princess Luna and Discord flying by. He becomes ecstatic to tell Princess Luna the crucial information of the Dark Order and Prince Blueblood's plan of dethroning the Princesses of Equestria. Princess Luna and Discord land in front of the castle as Twilight greets her upfront.

"Good afternoon, Princess Luna. Good afternoon, Discord."

"Good afternoon, Twilight Sparkle," Discord said.

"Greetings, Twilight Sparkle," Luna said.

"Come on in," Twilight Sparkle stands aside, allowing her two friends to enter.

"Waaaaaaaaait!" Rich shouts as he's sprinting towards the castle. Princess Luna, Twilight, and Discord are curious to know why Rich is running. They standby as he comes closer. Rich takes a few moments to catch his breath.

"Hello, Rich. Something wrong?" Princess Luna asks with a level of concern.

Rich nods. "Something terrible that can alter Equestria as we know it."

Princess Luna and Twilight Sparkle are taken by surprise by Rich's statement. Discord is intrigued to know what Rich meant by alter Equestria as we know it.

"What is wrong, Rich?" Twilight asks.

Rich sighs heavily. "I'll tell you inside the castle." Rich looks around the area. "They have eyes and ears."

"Understood. Let's go inside, Rich," Luna said.

Twilight escorts Princess Luna, Discord, and Rich to a different room for their meeting. With all the changes that have happened since the CMC ran away, she wonders what else is yet to come. Twilight hopes it's not complicated as it was with Tirek or the time when she and her friends had their cutie marks taken away.

Rich takes a deep breath. "Princess Luna, Twilight. I have urgent news to tell you. It's about a dark cult known as the Dark Order."

Discord's jaw drops as Princess Luna is in shock. Twilight doesn't know much of the Dark Order. Only bits of pieces during Night Glider's story. However, seeing the reaction of her two friends made it clear how serious it's going to be.

"What about them?" Princess Luna seriously states. "What information do you possess?"

Rich takes another deep breath as he gazes at the Princess. "So much, you'll never look at some ponies the same."

"Please explain," Princess Luna calmly replies.

Rich explains everything Diamond Tiara told him in full detail except telling them of her daughter's doing. Discord, Princess Luna, and Twilight are disturbed by Prince Blueblood's actions. How Prince Blueblood was planning to build an army on possessed ponies, dethrone the Princesses and, take over all the land of Equestria. Rich explains how the Dark Order was also plotting vengeance on ponies throughout Equestria and enslaving the rest of Equestria. Only the Royals and Nobles remain supreme while everyone else falls. What's more disturbing was using King Sombra's horn as a weapon. The fear of Sombra's rising could have dire consequences.

"Do you know any members of the Dark Order?" Discord asks.

"One of them is named Fire Flier. There is one other, but I can't remember her name."

"How were you able to get this knowledge, Rich? I know that your investigation team wouldn't be able to process this information."

"I was a victim of the Dark Order. Also, the pony who told me everything has asked me to keep the identity a secret."

Princess Luna trots up to Rich. "Please. I need to know. I have some questions for the pony."

Rich takes a deep breath. "If I take you to the pony, don't be mad or anything. The pony has changed after seeing the light from the darkness."

"You have my solemn promise, Rich. I; Princess Luna will not condemn the pony."

"Alright, follow me."

Rich walks out of the room as Princess Luna follows him. Pinkie Pie peers at Twilight from a different door, telling her that Princess Luna is supposed to be in the party room, not heading towards the exit. Twilight dismisses Pinkie, telling her that there'll be a short delay. Princess duties. Pinkie nods and prepares for more desserts.

"So, no matter what happens, the pony will be pardoned of anything and everything from the Dark Order, yes?"

"Yes, Rich. The pony you speak of; will be granted a pardon."

"So, how long ago were you a victim of the Dark Order," Twilight asks.

"Don't remember, to be exact. During my captivity, I was fighting a demon within my mind. I lost track of time."

Rich leads Discord, Princess Luna, and Twilight Sparkle to his mansion. Diamond Tiara looks out the window carefully. She recalls all of her wrongful doings and regrets each one she'd ever committed. Diamond Tiara looks at the mirror in her room and sighs as she looks at her cutie mark in the reflection.

"I deserved that. After all, I've done. The blackmailing, the way I treated other ponies, especially with Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo. I treated them like dirt, ruined their lives in Ponyville, and laughed at their miseries. I am a horrible pony. Who would give me a second chance to redeem myself..?" Diamond Tiara reflects more on her decisions in life that led to this day. She walks back to the window and carefully looks. That is when she sees her father with the Princesses and Discord. "Time to own up for my mistakes."

"Right this way, Princesses and Discord," Rich opens the front door to his home.

Princess Luna, Twilight, and Discord steps inside. As for added measure, Discord uses his magic to create a silencing circle around Rich's mansion. No pony can hear anything they have to say. Rich calls for his butler.

"Yes, Master Rich," The Butler standby, awaiting for Rich's command.

"Escort our guests to the meeting room. I have to bring the pony they desire."

"Right away, Master Rich," The Butler escorts the guests to Rich's private meeting room in the mansion. Rich walks up the stairs to Diamond Tiara's room.

Diamond Tiara opens her bedroom door. She sees her father looking down at her.

"My time to shine?" Diamond Tiara worriedly proclaims.

"Yes. However, I have asked Princess Luna to grant you a pardon."

Diamond Tiara's eyes widen. She feels happy, but her emotions say otherwise. She frowns, knowing she doesn't deserve a pardon for all she's done. Rich reads Diamond Tiara's body language. He gives her a reassuring smile.

"I'll be beside you, Diamond Tiara. You have nothing to fear. Daddy won't allow any more misery to happen. Not on my watch."

"Thanks, Dad," Diamond Tiara smiles but, it's taken away due to her emotions and fear.

The Butler stands by at the door as Princess Luna, Twilight, and Discord sits by the table, waiting anxiously to see the pony who gave Rich the detailed information about the Dark Order. Diamond Tiara and Rich walk downstairs together. Rich is behind his daughter as they trot. Rich told Diamond Tiara which meeting room they're going to. She glances at her father with a worried expression.

"You have nothing to fear, Diamond Tiara. I'm right beside you, always," Rich smiles and hugs his daughter.

"Thanks, Dad," Diamond Tiara smiles. She takes a deep breath.

Rich takes the lead and opens the door, allowing Diamond Tiara to walk in. Princess Luna, Twilight, and Discord are in shock, to say the least. Princess Luna realized that she pardoned the pony who started the whole fiasco with the Gabby Gums. Princess Twilight is staring at the pony that altered their lives. Discord is staring at Diamond Tiara and ponder how a youngling caused so much chaos before his release from his stony prison. Diamond Tiara sits on a chair facing the Princesses and Discord. Rich is next to her.

"I can't believe you..," Luna disgruntledly expressed.

Diamond Tiara sighs heavily. "I know. It doesn't excuse the past actions I took when I was chief editor for the school's paper."

"Thanks to you! Twilight exclaims, losing her temper. "My friends cannot live the same ever again! My life has turned into a one-eighty cause of you! You singlehandedly cause chaos to spread like a wildfire! Families, torn because of you!"

"I know," Diamond Tiara admits with guilt riding up. "I made an entire town turn on three fillies for laughs. I don't blame you for hating me. What I've done is unforgivable. No pony would forgive me. After all, I have a scar to prove it," Diamond Tiara reveals her equal insignia cutie mark. Twilight's eyes beam wide into the realization that Diamond Tiara has gone through the cutie mark strip. The justice system that Starlight's village practices. "I saw the new family those blank-" Diamond Tiara coughs, not wanting to sound like her old self anymore. "Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo now have. They punish those who wronged them. I'll admit, losing my cutie mark was horrific, but looking back now, it was the punishment I truly deserve. It separated me as a brat into a humbled pony; although, the journey I've taken isn't pleasant whatsoever."

Twilight sighs heavily. "Forgive me for losing my temper. I'm sorry," Twilight said.

"You don't have to be sorry. I deserved it. I deserved a lot of backlash after all I've done and plotted. Before I saw the light."

"Discord, what do you see from her?" Princess Luna asks.

"Well, judging from her body language, she's changed. She has seen the error of her ways. She now has a lot of remorse for past actions. Wishing she can take it all back."

"Is that true?" Luna said, looking at Diamond Tiara.

Diamond Tiara answers with a simple nod. Her eyes narrow down as her guilt and sadness are eating her up. Princess Luna takes a deep breath.

"I know what it's like to make mistakes that are life-changing for everyone. You are not the first and won't be the last. For instance, I turned into Nightmare Moon due to my jealousy. You know the story, right?"

Diamond Tiara nods.

"Then you know, I made my sister suffer a thousand years of isolation due to my mistakes. Coming back years ago and changing for the better uplifts the emotions and actions of what transpired. Now, I must ask. How sorry, are you?"

"No words can describe how sorry I am. I know that I don't deserve a chance at redemption due to my decisions. I allowed my ego and hatred to take over and nearly consumed me."

"I think you deserve redemption, Diamond Tiara," Twilight said. This caught Diamond Tiara by surprise. "It must have taken you enough courage to admit your wrongful doings. Not everyone can admit to it. I will say, I have my fair share of wrongful acts that caused friendship problems. Took me a while to see the error of my ways."

"You're the Princess of Friendship. What wrongful acts have you've committed?" Diamond Tiara asks in curiosity.

"Obviously, not listening to Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo during the Gabby Gums incident. Trying to use Discord as leverage of his Chaos Magic instead of trying to be friends with him when Celestia asked of us. There are a few I messed up, but there were crucial."

"Okay," Diamond Tiara replies.

"Diamond Tiara, what can you tell us of the Dark Order?" Princess Luna softly commands.

Diamond Tiara frowns a bit. "You'll hate me more after I explain everything to my best of knowledge."

"Nay," Princess Luna shakes her head. "I promised to give you a pardon in exchange for the vital information of the Dark Order."

Rich nods. "It's going to be okay, Diamond Tiara. You have nothing to worry about."

"I'm the one that created a malicious plan for the Dark Order to implement," Diamond Tiara continues to tell her tale of her time with the Dark Order. The initialization, kidnapping her father and taking his workers as soldiers for the cult, creating an army to take down the Princesses using mind manipulating spells, and taking over Equestria in the new world order. After finishing her tale, everyone in the room is dead silent. Diamond Tiara looks away as she couldn't bear to see their faces.

"Unbelievable..," Princess Twilight is mortified after hearing what Diamond Tiara said.

"Wow, I'm speechless," Discord said.

"So, Fire Flier and this Tempest Shadow aided you. Is that correct?"

"Yes," Diamond Tiara nods, answering Luna's question.

"And Prince Blueblood is going to take care of King Sombra's horn?"

"Yes, Princess," Diamond responds to another question from Princess Luna with her head down. "However, I wouldn't be surprised if Sombra took the horn and takes his revenge on the cult, then try to take back the Crystal Empire."

Princess Luna trots to Diamond Tiara and hugs her. Diamond Tiara is caught off guard with the sudden hug by Princess Luna.

"Why are you hugging me, Princess? I don't deserve it after all I've done and committed."

"You need to learn to forgive yourself. You helped us more than you'll ever know. There is no need to fret. I'm not mad at you," Princess Luna smiles. Looking at Diamond Tiara's face.

"Thanks to you, we can start devising a plan of action in advance. In case King Sombra does make an appearance a third time," Twilight said.

"Despite your unpleasant past, you can now build a future. A better future for yourself," Discord compliments.

Rich puts an arm around his daughter. He looks down as a proud father would. Diamond Tiara is speechless.

"Thank you.., for being, forgiving ponies..," Diamond Tiara graciously said.

"I know what'll cheer her up. Luna and I were invited to a party. We should bring her as well," Discord suggests as confetti explodes behind him.

"I'm not sure. As Twilight reminded me, I tore families apart. I'm not sure if Applejack and Rarity would be pleased to see me."

"Very well, Diamond Tiara. I know you have a lot on your mind. I will arrange an appointment for you to meet with Rarity and Applejack. I'll be present along with your father. You have a long road ahead of you and, we'll be here for you," Twilight said in a manner of professionalism.

"Thank you, Princess Twilight," Diamond Tiara bows in respect.

"We'll be on our way, Rich. Thank you for all the info you had of the Dark Order," Princess Luna addresses.

"You're welcome, Princess Luna. I hope you have a pleasant day and prepare for any upcoming challenges that lie ahead of you,"

"I will. Farewell, Rich. Farewell, Diamond Tiara."

Princess Luna, Twilight, and Discord leave the meeting room. The Butler escorts the trio out of the mansion. Discord relinquish the silencing circle as they leave.

"Twilight," Princess Luna calls upon.

"Yes, Princess?"

"Cancel the party at your castle. We need to make preparations for any upcoming battles with the possibility of King Sombra returning."

"Understood, Luna."

"Draqonecuus,"

"Yes, Luna?" Discord hovers around Princess Luna.

"Summon the Wonderbolts to the briefing. They need to know what is happening as well."

"I will. Also, should I inform the Royal Guards?"

"Nay," Princess Luna shakes her head. "They are not needed at the moment. I need trustworthy operatives that care for the safety of everypony."

The statement puzzled Twilight Sparkle a bit. She's curious to know why the Royal Guards will not be present at this given time.

"Understood. I'll be back," Discord opens a door to the ground and walks downstairs. It leads to Spitfire's office by the Wonderbolt Training Facility.

Princess Luna and Twilight trot back to the Castle of Friendship. Twilight informs her friends that the surprise party is dismissed. She'll go into more detail later as Luna enters a different room of the castle. Luna is preparing for the briefing with the Wonderbolts, Discord, Twilight, and her friends.

PreviousChapters Next