• Published 7th Jan 2020
  • 9,863 Views, 1,057 Comments

CMC Going Away - PonyJoel



Gabby Gums, once popular now shunned by everypony. No one in town wants to talk or compromise. With a last minute effort and a farewell, no one buys into it until it's too late.

  • ...
25
 1,057
 9,863

PreviousChapters Next
Sisterly Talk

Princess Cadance and Shining Armor are on their way to Canterlot. The two want to stop by in Canterlot to see how Princess Celestia and Luna are doing before heading over to Ponyville to visit Twilight Sparkle. As they trot in Canterlot, Princess Celestia approaches her sister.

"Luna, you have a few moments?"

"I all ears, sister. What's on your mind?"

Princess Celestia sighs heavily. "As you know, I went to Starlight's village yesterday. The ponies and Starlight told me their unfortunate experiences of how poorly the Royal Guards' services were with them and how unfortunate they were with family, friends, and other creatures inflicting pain in their lives."

"Yes, I had liberty of visiting their dreams last night. I saw some horrid memories replaying in their dreams. Night Glider, Double Diamond, Party Favor, Alexster, and much more that suffered greatly due to the delays of the Royal Guards. How they were at the mercy of the environment and different groups and cults," Princess Luna sadly replies.

"I reflected and reminisced my thousand-year reign in Equestria. It was the moment I left the Castle of the Two Sisters that things altered for the worse. The Royal Guards initiative was my plan to have them serve for Equestria. Be everypony's protection. I was blind to see the corruption and didn't ask of any reports from the Royal Guards since I had complete trust in them. That was my second mistake."

"If that was your seconded, and I know that you rarely make mistakes, what was your third during your reign?" Princess Luna intriguingly asks.

"That's simple. Living with the wealthy, surrounding myself with the Royals and Nobles. I failed to see how money had influenced on Equestria's Protection Unit, making everypony suffer cause my guards chose more money than lives."

Princess Luna nods in understanding, the frustration written on her sister's face. Luna herself feels ashamed cause instead of trying to work things with her sister, she became jealous and turned into Nightmare Moon. If it weren't for turning, maybe things would have been different and, pony kind would be better.

"So, how do you plan on addressing the issue with the Royal Guards?"

"With Cadance and Shining Armor coming by for visitation, I will ask for a full report of Shining Armor's command during his time as Captain of the Royal Guards. Then, I'll address my departure from Canterlot."

"Departure from Canterlot, Celestia?" Luna shockingly replies, not anticipating that kind of response.

"Yes," Celestia confirms. "I've decided to leave Canterlot to renew myself as a better Princess of Equestria. If relocating caused a certain chain of events that created abandonment issues for everypony in Equestria except for Canterlot, then perhaps a better chain of events can unfold for a better United Equestria."

"Where would you move to?" Princess Luna asks out of curiosity.

"Starlight's village."

"Why there of all places, Celestia?" Luna sternly demands.

"Its a location off the grid. It'll allow myself to be surrounded by ponies that are greatly affected due to my mistake in trusting of the Royal Guards. I will be able to concentrate better without the wealth, Royals, and Nobles around me."

"You're creating a bad image of surrounding yourself with a cult of ponies that strip cutie marks away from ponies. That's going to worsen your reputation as a Princess, sister."

Princess Celestia sighs. She anticipated this reaction from Luna. She has every right to be irate with the idealogical of stripping ponies of their cutie marks. However, stripping from those that wrong them horridly is their way of releasing the stress and trauma of their lives.

"My reputation is already ruined, Luna. The Royal Guards have already done it for me. They have proven to me that they are not trustworthy in terms of protecting all ponies in Equestria except for those residing in Canterlot. Starlight Glimmer and her villagers are pleasant ponies that care about each other. They treat each other like family. They protect each other from those that wrong them in their lives. We were heavily blinded cause of our desires. After spending the day with them, learning what they have gone through, seeing them help each other. Those are the kind of ponies I want when I build my Equestrian Protection Unit."

Princess Luna turns away. She ponders a bit after Celestia responds to her remark. Princess Luna remembers how she behaved during the negotiations of getting Twilight and her friends' cutie marks back. Everypony in the village united as one in the response to their arrival. She imagines Celestia living in Starlight's village, seeing all sorts of possibilities by living in a place with no Royals, Nobles, and wealth. She still hates the idea of stripping ponies of their cutie marks. However, being surrounded by a family-like town will improve a better image for her sister. Luna turns to Celestia, staring into her eyes.

"After much thought, Celestia. I support your decision. I believe you being away from Canterlot may do you good," Luna reassuringly smiles. "I must ask. When you depart from Canterlot, what should I do? Come with you to Starlight's village?"

Princess Celestia shakes her head. "My path for redemption is going to be different. However, when I do depart, I'm granting you full control of Canterlot Castle."

Princess Luna is shocked for a second time. She didn't think her sister would pass the torch to her.

"You've been gone for a long time. Now should be the time for you to gain experience as a Princess to lead on your own. Until you feel the time is right, leave and create a nation of your own or make changes in Canterlot for the better. What you decide is on your accord."

Princess Luna is speechless. Now having full control of Canterlot when her sister leaves, it's exhilarating to say the least. She embraces Celestia, thanking her for the opportunity.

"I know you'll do great. Perhaps, being a better Princess in Canterlot than I," Celestia smiles graciously.

Two Royal Guards approach the Princesses.

"Your Highnesses," One of the Royal Guards bow.

"Princess Cadance and Shining Armor have arrived in the castle."

"Have the two come up," Luna commands.

"As you wish, Princess."

The two Royal Guards head back to escort Princess Cadance and Shining Armor. Princess Celestia takes a deep breath.

Let's see what Shining Armor has to say for himself as former Captain of the Royal Guards. Celestia thought as she waits momentarily of Princess Cadance and Shining Armor's arrival.

PreviousChapters Next