• Published 7th Jan 2020
  • 9,850 Views, 1,057 Comments

CMC Going Away - PonyJoel



Gabby Gums, once popular now shunned by everypony. No one in town wants to talk or compromise. With a last minute effort and a farewell, no one buys into it until it's too late.

  • ...
25
 1,057
 9,850

PreviousChapters Next
Receiving Mail

A delivery pony comes into the village with supplies for the ponies and Apple Bloom. It's been a week and a half since Starlight ordered what Apple Bloom desires to replenish the landscape around. Apple Bloom takes her supplies and goes to Starlight's house. She has orchestrated a farming unit that'll help support the land around them. She, Night Glider, Double Diamond, and several ponies volunteer for the cause. Scootaloo waits in line to receive her letter from her parents. Once the delivery pony hands her letter, Scootaloo hurries back to the house. Scootaloo enters and sits on the couch, opening the letter she received from her parents.


Dear Scootaloo,

Your father and I are deeply sorry you and your friends had to endure the trauma that all of Ponyville unleashed for the Gabby Gums incident. I know you didn't meant well. I know you took some bad advice and it isn't your fault. Those ponyfolk in Ponyville are the ones to blame, not you, my little angel. As for your two aunts, they are worried about you. I reassured them that you are in good hooves and not to look for you nor tell anypony else in the letter I sent them. You are safe from anypony else who dares to hunt you down. I trust that this Starlight Glimmer you wrote about will take good care of you. When you can, let her know that she has two friends to count on when she's in dire need.

In two years Scootaloo, your father and I will come for you. We are coming closer to the discovery of a new species emerging as well as a new plant life with newfound medicine. If it weren't for the new plant life and emergence of a species, we would have come sooner. Hope, you know that. We love you so much, Scootaloo.

Hey, Kiddo. Like your mom said in her portion of the letter, we're sorry for our absence when you wrote the Gabby Gums column as it spurred out of control. Remember that it wasn't your fault but those who wanted more. They are the cause of hating Gabby Gums, not you and your friends. Don't allow the past to haunt you, kiddo. Keep moving forward in this new chapter you created with your friends, living in the village you mentioned. We will come for you in two years, maybe less. We don't know. One thing you should know is, we love you and can't wait to see you again. When we do come for you, we'll be united once more. No more separations, in the family. When we have to go out, you are coming with us. When we work, your coming with us. Time to expand our family life together. Till then, enjoy yourself with those who care about you in the village.

Love you, Scootaloo.

Sincerely Your Mother & Father,

Mane Allgood & Snap Shutter

Scootaloo smiles after finishing reading her letter. Apple Bloom walks by with her farming unit.

"Hey, Scootaloo. Wanna help?"

"Maybe later, Apple Bloom. I need to show this to Starly."

"Alright, then. We'll be working all day so, come by when you want to help out."

"I will."

Apple Bloom and her farming unit leave the house. Scootaloo trots to Starlight's office knocking on the door.

"Come in," Starlight said. She puts her notes away as Scootaloo enters.

"I have the letter my mom and dad wrote to me."

"Wonderful, Scootaloo. May I read it?"

Scootaloo trots to Starlight and hands her the letter. Starlight starts reading the letter thoroughly and sighs in happiness.

"Two years or less. Well, gotta make the good times last here, right Scootaloo?"

"You bet, Starly. Also, what are you planning with equality in friendship?"

"I'm still in the midst between different scenarios. I still need time to choose which scenario I'll go for."

"Alright, then. I'll let you be. I'm gonna help Apple Bloom and the others with the farm work."

"Have fun, Scootaloo."

"I will," Scootaloo said as she leaves the office.

"So, I have two allies for my cause. How nice of Scootaloo's parents offering their friendship to me for my kindness," Starlight smiles and starts walking in a circular motion in the office, collecting more thoughts. "I can see it now, the two of them coming out of the shadows, trusting in my system to create an equal friendship for all ponies from time to time when Scootaloo wants to visit. Holding the pony in place as I strip em of their cutie mark," Starlight smirks sinisterly. "Yes, then they shall witness true friendship in my town," Starlight stops walking in her circular motion. "Or, something different in mind. I'll have to see, soon enough," Starlight leaves her office and checks how everyone is doing in her village.

PreviousChapters Next