• Published 7th Jan 2020
  • 9,860 Views, 1,057 Comments

CMC Going Away - PonyJoel



Gabby Gums, once popular now shunned by everypony. No one in town wants to talk or compromise. With a last minute effort and a farewell, no one buys into it until it's too late.

  • ...
25
 1,057
 9,860

PreviousChapters Next
Family Discussion Part 1

Starlight Glimmer wakes up from her nap and stretches. Judging by the lighting in the sky, she estimates the time. To her, it looks like 8:30 at night. She walks upstairs to check on Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo. They are waking up from their slumber. Starlight Glimmer knocks on the door.

"Come in, Starly. Sweetie Belle, Apple Bloom, and I are waking up."

Starlight walks into the room.

"How are you three doing? You had a nice nap?" Starlight smiles lovingly at the trio.

"Yes, we did," The girls said in unison.

"Good, are any of you hungry?"

The girls look at each other and nod. Starlight escorts the trio down into the kitchen and takes out a pineapple pie she has. She also took out variates fruits and vegetables. Finally, she takes out orange juice for everyone to have.

"Hey, Starly. Thanks for taking us in," Sweetie Belle thankfully said.

"Yea, we didn't expect anything like this," Scootaloo said.

"You're welcome, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo," Starlight said in a cheerful tone.

"Hey, Starly," Apple Bloom asks again. "Is it possible for some pony to live their life without a cutie mark?"

"Yes?" Starlight responds sensitively.

"Will you protect us if they were to come and get us?" Apple Bloom asks gloomily.

Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo have their heads down. The possibility of ponies from Ponyville hunting them down never came to mind until now. Then, they look at Starlight sadly, imagining ponies from Ponyville with pitchforks and fire, wanting to get rid of them for good. Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo quiver in fear due to their imaginations. Starlight can see fear taking over their minds and the sadness written on their faces.

"I will make sure no harm comes your way. I will protect you from them," Starlight said reassuringly.

Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle smile but not Apple Bloom. She is having a hard time forgetting the ponies who scold her especially, from her family. Hearing Big Mac's daunting words to go away is replayed in her mind over and over. As Starlight gives food to her friends, Apple Bloom starts questioning her ability to earn a cutie mark. Since journalism didn't work out and the results of her friends and her running away, Apple Bloom is deciding not to have a cutie mark for the rest of her life.

"Hey, Starly," Apple Bloom asks again. "I feel that I should live my life without a cutie mark."

Starlight's eyes widen in shock. Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle's jaws drop from Apple Bloom's decision.

"Apple Bloom, why would you say that?" Scootaloo questions nervously.

"Yea," Sweetie Belle walks up to Apple Bloom. "We are the Cutie Mark Crusaders. It's our job to find our talents in life."

Apple Bloom looks at her friends then at Starlight. Her sadness said it all to Starlight. She understands the situation Apple Bloom is facing, much similar to hers years ago.

"I feel that with our attempts failing each time, why bother getting a cutie mark? We try and, nothing works. We tried journaling and gossiping. Look where it led us, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo," They frown at Apple Bloom's statements. "We no longer live in Ponyville and everypony hates us. They will never forgive us. So, why bother getting a cutie mark?"

"Well, I probably have a better chance of getting my cutie with my parents," Scootaloo said.

"I'm with you, Apple Bloom. Witnessing and going through the trauma of our friends, family, and other ponies; shunning us and telling us to go away, I don't think I want a cutie mark."

Starlight is jotting ideas in her mind for the future of her pupils. She sees Apple Bloom as saddened because of the attempt, and Sweetie Belle agrees with Apple Bloom. She understands Scootaloo and doesn't want any conflicts with her parents. She can live with two apprentices stripping cutie marks away from other ponies, who want to change their lives for the better.

"Are you sure you want to live your lives without cutie marks?" Starlight calmly asks.

"Yes," Apple Bloom seriously said.

"Yes," Sweetie Belle said softly.

"No," Scootaloo said proudly. "I want my cutie mark. I want to find my purpose in life, thank you very much," Scootaloo said a bit rudely.

"Fair enough. Everyone is entitled to live the way you should."

"Hey, Starly? Is there a post office around here? I want to write my letters to my parents. Letting them know where I am and how I'm doing and such."

"Uh, sure, Scootaloo. Write your letters and I'll mail them for you," Starlight said.

"Thanks, Starly,"

"You're welcome. Now, after you eat, we need to discuss more on the matter."

After a half-hour of the girls and Starlight eating, Starlight takes the trio to the living room. They sat on the couch. Starlight uses her magic to spawn her lounge chair from the office to the living room. She sits and starts the discussion.

"So, I want you three to tell me the whole story. I need to know more in-depth, so I can protect you from those who may search for you."

"Well, it all started..."

Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo told their side of the story to Starlight Glimmer. Starlight Glimmer couldn't believe the idiocy and hypocritical side of Ponyville as a whole. The entire town loves the Gabby Gums until they start hating it. Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo tear up as they continued with their story. With the abuse they got from Rainbow Dash with the rainwater, the neglect of family and friends, Big Mac telling them to go away, and not forgiving their apologetic column, Starlight understands the sadness of wanting a cutie mark and the regret they felt. Starlight can relate to a time of when a cutie mark messed up a part of her life. She gets up from her chair and hugs the trio that is still tearing up from their story.

"Alright, I now understand. I promise you I won't allow those ponies to come back into your lives again. I will protect you from them. I will make sure you have happier lives away from those hypocrites."

"Thanks... Starly," Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo said as they sniffs. They burst into tears and cry their eyes out as Starlight holds them lovingly.

In Starlight's mind, not only she wants to help them, she wants to encourage them so they can live better on equal terms in friendship. Someday soon, the time will come. For now, she needs to be the mother she can be for the time being. After another half-hour, Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo calm down. Silence reign. Starlight lets go of them and trot to her office. She writes down the more important names of ponies if they come forth to finding or hunting them:

  • Applejack
  • Big Mac
  • Rarity
  • Rainbow Dash

"I would assume Applejack, Rainbow Dash, and Rarity's friends would help them find the girls..." Starlight gives some thought to the list. "Yea, I'll add their names to the list as well. In case they happen to show up separately."

  • Twilight Sparkle
  • Pinkie Pie
  • Fluttershy

"I'll have a separate list of family, friends, and enemies, so I know who may show up if they happen to find my village," Starlight puts her list away and writes another list of other ponies the girls mentioned. Starlight leaves her office to check on the girls. "Are you three feeling better?"

"I am," Apple Bloom said, sadly.

"So am I," Sweetie Belle chimes in.

"Me, too," Scootaloo said.

"I know it must be hard for having a cutie mark problem ruining your day. I can relate to that," Starlight said.

The girls look at Starlight with wide eyes.

"Really?" They said in unison.

"Yes," Starlight said with her head down. "Long story short, my friend Sunburst and I were once close friends. We didn't have our cutie marks yet, so we haout ng a lot together. When he discovered his true talent while using his magic, he was sent away to a school in Canterlot, leaving me behind. Cutie marks made everypony distance themselves from others. I struggled in my life to make friends. When I discovered my true talents, I envisioned a lovely town where friendships are on equal terms. No need to separate and discriminate against others for having a cutie mark or not. I'm still in the process of figuring out a proper way of having everypony in my village have the exact cutie mark, an equal cutie mark so that way, friendships will never be broken."

Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle fall in love with the idea of an equalized friendship. Scootaloo likes the idea but wants her cutie mark. She will still treat her friends as is.

"I like the idea you envisioned, Starly," Apple Bloom said. She smiles at the thought of an equal friendship.

"Having the same cutie mark sounds good," Sweetie Belle said.

"Equal terms of friendship is heavenly good. Having the same cutie mark, I'm not sure. If you and they go forth then, I'll wish you and my friends luck when the day arrives. I'll still treat my friends the way I am right now. I'll more likely be with my family after their next exploration. I will put in good word for you, Starly. My parents can become your friends in times of need since you are my guardian for the time being."

"Thank you, Scootaloo," Starlight yawns a bit. "It's getting late. I think we should all get some rest."

The girls nod in agreement. Starlight takes them back to her room for them to sleep together again. Starlight kisses the trio on their heads. Apple Bloom, Scootaloo, and Sweetie Belle fall asleep as Starlight leaves the room. She goes back downstairs into her office to talk to herself again.

"Alright Starlight, I have two apprentices now that Scootaloo won't be here for long, as I predicted earlier. Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle don't want a cutie mark. Scootaloo wants one. I won't stop her. Considering I'll be having allies from her parents. I will make Scootaloo's parents keep their word on not telling anypony of my village's location. That way, Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle are protected from those that wrong them. I can't believe an entire town would scold them for wanting more of their stories. That'll be a huge inspiration for them to use for newcomers in the future and why equalize friendship works," Starlight is walking in a circular motion as she talks. "Before Scootaloo writes her letter, I'll ask her when her parents can come so we can have a discussion. After Scootaloo leaves, then I'll discuss more in-depth my plans with Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle. Train them to use the relic that strips cutie marks away and replaces them with an equal cutie mark. After, I master the spell myself. I would have to explain that my cutie mark needs to be painted for the spell to work. I can't afford a riot in my village to spur. For now, the town folk will continue to follow my laws. I'll explain the laws to the girls tomorrow afternoon. After I give them the tour," Starlight stops walking in her circular motion and trot to the living room. "Tomorrow is going to be a lovely day," Starlight gets on her comfy couch and falls asleep.

PreviousChapters Next