• Published 7th Jan 2020
  • 9,863 Views, 1,057 Comments

CMC Going Away - PonyJoel



Gabby Gums, once popular now shunned by everypony. No one in town wants to talk or compromise. With a last minute effort and a farewell, no one buys into it until it's too late.

  • ...
25
 1,057
 9,863

PreviousChapters Next
Starlight's Village Discussion

Princess Celestia is now leaving the village. She informs everypony that her next visit will take place next week, giving everypony time to decide on her request to live in the village. Starlight is in disarray as she goes home. Everypony within the village cleans up and head inside to rest. Starlight Glimmer lays on her couch, staring at the ceiling in unbelief. Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle notice Starlight's reaction.

"How are you holding up, Starly?" Apple Bloom cautiously asks.

"I don't know what and how to feel. Princess Celestia wants to live here in the village after finding out her Royal Guards gave her a bad image in Equestria throughout her reign. In layman terms, she is qualified to live here in the village. She now has scars as a failed Princess due to her Royal Guards and how she winded up being controlled by the Royals, letting a higher class be a higher priority than all of Equestria as a whole."

"Also, the possibility that she may try to disband the vault," Sweetie Belle noted.

"One thing I know about Princess Celestia, she is true to her word. With the conditions we laid out for each cutie mark to give back to Twilight and her friends, she has no choice but to honor it. Otherwise, she is ought to look like a lying Princess in disguise. The Royal Guard's image had already ruined her reputation," Starlight responds to Sweetie Belle's statement.

"That's true. How would you feel if we were to say yes?" Apple Bloom asks with a level of concern.

"If everypony here in the village says yes to Celestia's request, then our village can be exposed to the public. Unless," Starlight ponders for a second.

"Unless what, Starly?" Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle said in unison.

"Unless Princess Celestia wants to have our village remain hidden while she resides here. She could make important trips for crucial meetings. Create a distant Equestrian Protection Unit that lives up to the name. It's a long shot cause there are so many possibilities for what she wants to do if we say yes."

"Also, we can assume if her request gets denied, she'll relocate to another village in Equestria and start her road for redemption," Apple Bloom clarifies.

"Agreed," Starlight and Sweetie Belle responds.

Starlight yawns as she gets tired.

"You want your bed, Starly?" Apple Bloom asks.

"No thank you. I'm fine on the couch. I've grown accustomed to it," Starlight said as she smiles.

"Alright then," Apple Bloom replies.

"We'll see you in the morning, Starly," Sweetie Belle said.

Starlight gets up and hugs Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle. The two return the hug. They go upstairs to bed as Starlight falls asleep on the couch. The next day, Starlight wakes up and heads outside to knock on every door for an important meeting in the village. Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle help Starlight with gathering everypony for the meeting. Half an hour later, everypony is outside as Starlight is at the podium getting ready to address the situation.

"Good morning, everypony. As you know, we had Princess Celestia come by for a visit yesterday. As you all know, Princess Celestia has requested to reside in our village. She does meet the qualifications to live here, unfortunately. Now I must ask, should we allow the Princess to live among us?"

Ponies chat with each other. Lots of worried expressions are written on their faces. Starlight anticipated this kind of reaction from everypony. Lots of uncertainty especially with the press soon to find out where the Princess will reside and expose everything thus bringing in a lot of unwelcome guests. In hindsight, they are prepared. However, the numbers could be too much to handle. Double Diamond comes up to the podium.

"Mind if I speak my mind, Starlight?"

"None at all, Double Diamond," Starlight smiles and stands aside.

Double Diamond taps on the podium to get everypony's attention. "Everypony," The villagers turn face to Double Diamond. Eager to hear what's on his mind. "I know that most of us have suffered greatly cause of the Royal Guards and such. However, I believe we should hear how the Princess would address the living conditions first before making a final decision."

Night Glider steps up to the podium as well. "Having the Princess here will draw unwelcome attention. That is something we don't need in our lives. We ran away to live freely. We don't need to become targets of any upcoming threats that the Princess has made throughout her life," Night Glider remarks.

Ponies were having a lot of uncertainty. Arguing about what is best for them and the village. Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo go up to the podium. They shout to calm everyone down.

"Look, I know we have a lot of differences with Celestia wanting to move in and, there is a lot of uncertainty on making a decision," Scootaloo said.

"I believe we should vote after we hear what the Princess says. Each of us should think carefully and wholeheartedly. We saw how the Princess reacted and responded with everypony's story," Sweetie Belle noted.

"Also, if the Princess truly wants to renew herself for the better, let's hear how she would if given the opportunity to live with us," Apple Bloom said.

"Similar to what Double Diamond said," Booster responds.

"Exactly. He knows what he's talking about. If anyone of us has Celestia's power and felt the need to renew yourself after receiving a bad image due to the Royal Guards being corrupted, what would any of you do?" Apple Bloom asks. Staring at everypony.

Silence reigns for a few moments. Everypony is recollecting their thoughts on the matter. Trying to imagine themselves in Celestia's position. The heartache, the betrayal, the understanding that more ponies were suffering during her reign. It struck them hard. Night Glider and Double Diamond step aside to ponder on their decision. Mane Allgood and Snap Shutter watch as the trio calm the situation. The two will make their decision when the time is right. Lofty and Holiday wouldn't mind the Princess here as long as the village will remain as is, hidden from the rest of Equestria. Starlight Glimmer steps up to the podium.

"We have a week to decide as a family. You are entitled to your opinions and how you view the circumstance. I'll create voting sheets to conduct a final decision as a family. Until then, we should start building another house next to Snap Shutter and Mane Allgood. Who knows what can happen by next week. We can be welcoming new villagers before she shows up."

Everypony nods and goes their separate ways. Double Diamond and Night Glider hug each other. The two have a different perspective on the decision to make but, they respect each other on how they feel.

"Hey Night Glider, wanna hang out?" Scootaloo asks.

"Sure, you can use some flight lessons anyway," Night Glider responds.

Mane Allgood approaches the two. "Mind if I come?" Mane Allgood smiles.

"Sure," Scootaloo and Night Glider said as they smile.

Night Glider and Mane Allgood takes flight while Scootaloo is on her mother's back Several ponies got together and start setting up the blueprints to build another house. Snap Shutter offers to help. Apple Bloom does the same. Sweetie Belle goes with Starlight to their home. Sweetie Belle wants to help Starlight and be with her mother figure.

Princess Celestia is back in Canterlot. She is heading towards the castle. Discord makes an appearance in front of her.

"Tickets, please," Discord said, extending his paw expecting a ticket from Celestia.

"Oh, Discord," Princess Celestia pushes Discord's paw.

The two go inside the castle. They travel to the throne room. Using his chaos magic, Discord cast a silencing circle. No pony can hear inside the circle as they have a private discussion.

"I reckon you had a pleasant visit with Starlight and the villagers?"

"Pleasant?" Princess Celestia thought twice. "It was different than I anticipated, Discord."

"How so?" Discord said as he hovers around.

Princess Celestia sighs heavily. "I got to learn the distressing stories of everypony in the village. It's horrid, gruesome, and terrifying. Some were lucky not to have the Royal Guards messing up in their lives. However, they have suffered from the hooves of other creatures, friends, and family."

"Speaking of the Royal Guards, Princess Cadance and Shining Armor are coming tomorrow for a visit. This is your chance to interrogate Shining Armor into spilling the beans," Discord noted as he eats a can of beans.

"I will have a thorough conversation with former Captain of the Royal Guards. I pray that he wasn't corrupted by bad influence during his time."

"And if he was?" Discord said. Raising an eyebrow of suspicion.

"If Shining Armor is part of the corruption of the Royal Guards, I'll be disappointed. The Royal Guards has already ruined my reputation as a Princess of Equestria."

"But, not everypony knows about that and wouldn't care."

"I do. I'm supposed to set an example for future Princesses of how to run a nation. So far, I've been sitting on a throne with the higher class expecting greatness. I was blind to see corruption. As a Princess, I should have seen it a mile away. Instead, my attention was towards the wealth and the nobles of pony kind. I am a disgrace. I'll continue to be a disgrace unless I leave Canterlot," Princess Celestia pants angrily and heavily.

"And go where exactly?" Discord has a question mark above his head like a halo. His arms are crossed.

"Anywhere that isn't here!" She furiously responds. Discord's question mark is set ablaze. "As long as I'm here in Canterlot, the Royal Guards will use me as an excuse for not fulfilling their duties to protect all of Equestria as I ask of them to do so," Tears stream down on her face. "I'm a failure. I failed so many ponies and I didn't see it until now."

Discord hugs Celestia. Celestia returns the hug and slowly shove Discord aside.

"I never knew you truly felt like a failure, Celestia."

"So many lives are ruined due to my Royal Guards and the wealth controlling them with more bits. I allowed myself to let the Royal Guards do their work without knowing everything they do. So many lost their lives and I was blind to see it. I now know why there are so many ponies that despised me. It's because they were cast aside. The mentality of Canterlot being the only safe place as everywhere else was on their own. False hope for everypony as others believe in me," She looks at the ceiling. She takes a deep breath. "I refuse to let this go any further. I refuse to make the same mistake."

"Mind if I ask you something, Celestia?"

"Sure, what is it?"

"Where are you planning to reside?"

"I'm thinking of Starlight's village."

Discord drinks a glass of water and blows it out in shock. "Starlight's village. Why there of all places?"

Princess Celestia takes another deep breath. "If I move to a location where no pony knows about, a different chain of events will unfold. I'll have a better environment to concentrate, I can develop a new protection unit, I'll be free of the wealth and Royals. Right now, I now see moving to Canterlot was a complete disaster with the Royal Guards failing to protect all of Equestria."

"So, what are you planning to do with Canterlot? How are you going to address that situation?"

"My sister, Luna will take over in Canterlot. She can use the experience until the day has come to settle in a different town and create a nation of her own. Perhaps when the time is right, Twilight can take over in Canterlot or continue to stay in her castle in Ponyville."

"It doesn't add up, Celestia. You moving to Starlight's village will draw a lot of attention."

"That's when you come in. You are the village's protector."

"So, you're going to have me shield the village from all maps in Equestria and ensure that no one is tracking you. Is that right?"

"That is correct," Celestia nods.

"Well played and well thought out, Princess Celestia."

"So, I'll use my time to alert my sister of my doings, Twilight Sparkle as well. Then I'll head off to Starlight's village."

"And if they say no?"

"I'll look for a small town and start from there. My goal is to leave Canterlot and renew myself as a Princess. Then develop a better protection unit for all of Equestria."

"Understood," Discord disband his silencing circle. "I'll see you tomorrow with Shining Armor coming by for a visit."

"Farewell, Discord."

Discord leaves the throne as Princess Celestia sits down. Two Royal Guards come in.

"Your Highness, you need anything?"

"Alone time, please."

"As you wish," The Royal Guards bow in respect and leave the throne.

"Shining Armor, I hope you weren't corrupted and were given false reports by the other Royal Guards," Princess Celestia said as she lowers the sun.

PreviousChapters Next