• Published 7th Jan 2020
  • 9,934 Views, 1,057 Comments

CMC Going Away - PonyJoel



Gabby Gums, once popular now shunned by everypony. No one in town wants to talk or compromise. With a last minute effort and a farewell, no one buys into it until it's too late.

  • ...
25
 1,057
 9,934

PreviousChapters Next
Judgement Day Part 1: The Arrival

Twilight Sparkle, Applejack, Rarity, Pinkie, Fluttershy, and Rainbow Dash make their way down the mountain. As they come closer to the entrance, everypony sees how colorful the town is. Applejack thoroughly looks at the trees. She can tell their her apple trees.

"This is where the map sent us?" Rainbow confusingly asks.

"What in Equestria?" Applejack said. "Those are my apple trees."

"How can you be certain about that, Applejack?' Rainbow asks.

"I know when I see one. Apple family trees produce many fruitful apples. Also, a few months back during Zap Apple Season, my family and I were robbed on fresh apple seeds for replanting."

"So you think the culprit it here, Applejack?" Twilight ask.

"Maybe. Perhaps the culprit could have sold the apple seeds here," Applejack answers.

"Look, ponies smiling widely and, they have the same cutie mark," Twilight said.

"Also, those smiles are not smiles. I should know. I've seen genuine smiles and those look fake to me," Pinkie said.

"I think it's lovely."

"Lovely Fluttershy?" Rarity said. "This place is disturbing."

"Let's just go into town, talk with the locals and find out what the hay is going on," Applejack states. "Also, they may have information on Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle. and Scootaloo's whereabouts."

"True. I wonder if we get to fight a horrific monster."

"Why you say that, Rainbow?" Twilight asks with some concerns.

"Fighting a horrific monster sounds awesome," Rainbow smiles and zooms into town.

The girls follow Rainbow Dash into town as Pinkie mutters about the smiles being bad news. As the girls enter, everypony around says welcome repeatedly.

"This must be the most pleasant place in Equestria," Fluttershy compliments as she flies slowly in town.

"Ugh, thanks a lot, map," Rainbow groans a bit, complaining that there is no horrific monster.

"Welcome, pardon my forwardness, are you an Alicorn?" Party Favor said.

"That there is the Princess of Friendship," Applejack confirms for Twilight.

Princess of Friendship my behind, Party Favor thought. "You've come to the right place for friendship," Party Favor said.

"What brings you into town? You ponies lost?" Double Diamond said.

"We're not entirely sure," Twilight responds.

You got to be kidding me, not sure? Double Diamond thought. "I see, well, all are welcome in our little village. My name is Double Diamond, and this is Party Favor," Double Diamond said as he points to his right.

"Howdy, Double Diamond. I'm Applejack."

"I'm Rainbow Dash."

"Fluttershy."

"Pinkie Pie."

"Rarity."

"Twilight Sparkle. If you don't mind answering, have there been any signs of trouble recently?"

"Trouble? We have no troubling issues of any sort in our village," Double Diamond said.

"It's true. Here in our village, everything flows perfectly. No disputes, no yelling, just equality in friendship," Party Favor said.

"Perhaps, you should speak with our founder of the village, Starlight Glimmer."

"We'll take you to her," Double Diamond said.

Double Diamond and Party Favor escorts Twilight and her friends to Starlight's house. Pinkie Pie feels unnerving with everypony around them by how they smile. A few moments later, Double Diamond and Party Favor knocks on Starlight's door. That was the signal for Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo to remain still and silent. Snap Shutter and Mane Allgood are by the bedroom door. Mane Allgood wields a chair and, Snap Shutter is preparing himself to give a pony a headlock. The front door opens as Double Diamond calls out to Starlight, alerting her that she has guests. Starlight calms herself and remove a lot of her emotions into retaliating the visitors for driving Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo away. Starlight opens the door of her office to greet the guests.

"Welcome," Starlight smiles. "I'm so pleased to have you here."

Rainbow groans in disappointment. She was hoping to fight a monster. Double Diamond introduces the guests to Starlight Glimmer. In the back of her mind, she is screaming and roaring. For now, she has to calm herself down mentally.

"So, how did you hear of our little village?"

"It's kinda a long story. Let's just say we found it on a map," Twilight answers.

"Technically its a tree chest castle map," Pinkie Pie includes happily then, goes back to her defensive mode.

"Well, either way, we are happy to help you. We're happy to have anypony experience true friendship for the first time."

"Say what?" Applejack said with suspicions.

Starlight mentions that cutie marks in her village are something not to boast about, that is why everypony has the same cutie mark. With Twilight and her friends at disarray with everypony having an equal cutie mark, Starlight decides to give them the tour around the village.

"Alright, everypony. Heads held high, time to get in formation. No pony left behind," Starlight shouts a bit.

Everypony joins together to sing about their village. Fluttershy enjoys what she hears but, Pinkie has other notions of it being suspicious. Pinkie causes Fluttershy to lose her smile a bit. Rainbow is disturbed by the other pegasi agreeing that there is no competition. After a while longer of everypony singing about equality, Twilight feels that there is nothing wrong here except for Pinkie Pie. Applejack trots up to Starlight Glimmer.

"Excuse me, Starlight. I have a question to ask of you."

"Uh sure, Applejack. What do you have in mind?"

"Have you seen three fillies come by here? Their names are Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo."

"No, I have not seen nor heard of them. Why you ask that?" Starlight asks.

"Perhaps the map sent us here to find them. Thank you for your honesty, Starlight."

"Also, mind if we stay awhile, look for clues of their whereabouts?" Rainbow requests.

"Sure. Also, if you need anything, Double Diamond will aide you."

Double Diamond stares at the girls while smiling widely. The girls cringe a bit. Twilight and her friends sit by a table outside of a bakery. Sugar Belle sees them from the window.

That's them. The monsters who initiate our friends of running away. Sugar Belle thought.

Twilight and her friends discuss everyone's behavior of having the same cutie mark. Sugar Belle comes outside to see them bicker and argue over the situation. Double Diamond and Sugar Belle nod to keep up the suspicions a bit longer. Twilight and her friends laugh at the statement of being different than being equal. Sugar Belle poses to make them think twice of what's really going on.

"We have muffins for you all but, I would need you to come inside and pick the ones you want," Sugar Belle said.

Twilight, Pinkie Pie, Applejack, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, and Fluttershy follow Sugar Belle inside and close the door to the bakery. Double Diamond and several ponies sighs and relaxes. Sugar Belle navigate the girls to the basement. Night Glider and Party Favor approaches them. They say they wished to have their cutie marks back for a day. Sugar Belle mentions of the vault where the cutie marks are being held in. Now it interests Twilight and her friends.

"Girls, I believe the map wants to liberate the cutie marks Starlight is keeping possession of," Twilight proclaims.

"Agreed, Twilight. This Starlight Glimmer is bad news," Applejack said.

"Also, she's the one that's making everypony here fakely smile," Pinkie Pie noted.

"So, how do we get to the vault?" Rarity ask.

"Starlight will take you there. But first, one of us needs to ask of her," Sugar Belle said.

"Let's have Double Diamond do it. We could use more separation from him," Rainbow said.

"Agreed," The girls said in unison.

Fluttershy comes up and leaves the bakery. She asks Double Diamond to have Starlight Glimmer take her and her friends to the vault. Double Diamond accepts the request and trots to Starlight's house. He knocks and Starlight allows him to enter. Double Diamond drops his smile and looks at Starlight.

"They're ready to see the vault, Starlight. Scootaloo's plan of tricking them is falling into place."

"Excellent, Double Diamond. I'll take the girls, Mane Allgood, and Snap Shutter to the caves first so they can go into hiding. Once that's done, I'll bring those wrongful ponies to justice."

"Good. I don't think I can take any more of this. I prefer to be happy and smile than to fake it."

"I know. I can't believe they have a map of our location."

"Is there a spell that can make them forget?"

"There is. First, I have to seal their cutie marks for all of eternity. When they drift away, they'll have no memory about it."

"What about the map of theirs?"

"I'll be the one who travels back to Ponyville, find the castle map and destroy it beyond repair. That way, they will never find our village again."

"Sounds good to me," Double Diamond said. "If you excuse me, I need to perform another act when I go back."

"Alright, see you later."

Double Diamond leaves smiling widely as he can, Starlight Glimmer trots upstairs. She knocks shave and a haircut. The signal to let Snap Shutter and Mane Allgood know it's her. The two back away as Starlight enters the bedroom.

"Alright everyone, I'm going to take you to the caves first, then I'll bring those troublesome ponies to their fitting end."

Starlight Glimmer escorts Snap Shutter, Mane Allgood, and the CMC through the backdoor of her house. She looks around to make sure no pony else is watching them as they travel to the cave. Double Diamond trots to the bakery. He sees Fluttershy stationed outside waiting for a response.

"Fluttershy," Double Diamond smiles.

"Yes, Double Diamond?" Fluttershy answers.

"Starlight Glimmer will be happy to take you to see the vault. All she asks is for you and your friends to wait patiently. She is a bit occupied with an errand right now."

"Alright, then. Thanks for keeping me updated. Uh, how long will it take Starlight Glimmer to finish her errand?"

"An hour or so."

"Sounds good. Thank you," Fluttershy said as she walks back downstairs. She alerts her friends that they'll have to wait a bit longer to get to the caves.

The ponies that sees Double Diamond closing the door to the bakery sighs heavily. Their performance as a unit is top-notch from the previous encounters of wrongful ponies. A lot of them shake their heads to the disbelief. Especially hearing the names of Applejack, Rarity, and Rainbow Dash. They go on with their day while Twilight and the rest are still in the basement, talking with Night Glider, Party Favor, and Sugar Belle.

PreviousChapters Next