• Published 7th Jan 2020
  • 9,862 Views, 1,057 Comments

CMC Going Away - PonyJoel



Gabby Gums, once popular now shunned by everypony. No one in town wants to talk or compromise. With a last minute effort and a farewell, no one buys into it until it's too late.

  • ...
25
 1,057
 9,862

PreviousChapters Next
Mane Six Progress

After the events of the Canterlot Wedding, defeating King Sombra at the Crystal Empire, Twilight and her friends continue their search of the CMC. Princess Cadance and Shining Armor sent a squadron of Crystal Guards to search for Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo. They will report to the Crystal Empire every week. The Mane Six search around the Crystal Empire to see if the CMC decided to come there once the Crystal Empire illuminated from the ground. So far, no luck. The Mane Six return home after their trip to the Crystal Empire.

Three months pass by since Princess Celestia issued Ponyville's punishments for the justice they delivered to the CMC due to the Gabby Gums incident. Princess Celestia sent her Royal Guards to Ponyville to see if they are withholding their punishments. No celebrations, no birthday parties, and no special events. It's been miserable for everypony in Ponyville and, they deserve it for making three young fillies run away from home. The Royal Guards alerted Ponyville that their punishment is up and flew back to Canterlot. Pinkie Pie immediately throws a happy party for everypony, especially those who couldn't celebrate their birthdays.

A few weeks later, Ponyville is slowly becoming its former self. Happy and prosperous. Everypony in town becoming more of themselves except a few. The Apple Family, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, and Twilight Sparkle. As for Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy, they are handling things better than the others.

Applejack spends most of her time searching for Apple Bloom when she is not working. She travels with Rarity and Rainbow Dash occasionally. Twilight has her studies with magic and Friendship, which is why she is unable to search with Applejack from time to time. Pinkie Pie is busy helping the Cakes at the bakery and setting up parties in Ponyville. During her free time, however, she would go with Applejack in search of her beloved sister and friends. Fluttershy has asked some of her animal friends to search all around Equestria to locate the CMC. As of late, they are unable to find them. Fluttershy does tend to go with Applejack and Rarity in search of the CMC. When Rarity is not creating a new fashion style, she goes with Applejack to search for Sweetie Belle and her friends. She closed the shop numerous times. The safety of her sister is more important than her career. Rainbow Dash uses her nap time to search for Scootaloo and her friends. She uses that time to travel with Applejack and Rarity. She's more worried about Scootaloo than her well being. Sometimes, Rainbow Dash is unable to join Applejack and Rarity due to work and training. She asked a few Wonderbolts to help her find Scootaloo and her friends. Misty Fly and Soarin agreed to help Rainbow search for Scootaloo and her friends. The two are in debt since Rainbow Dash saved their lives back at the Best Young Fliers Competition. As for Spitfire, she's busy with the Wonderbolts Academy.

In recent weeks, the Mane Six endured the Pinkie Pie Invasion and the return of Trixie. Their next challenge is now reforming Discord. Princess Celestia has the use of Discord's magic for good instead of evil. Princess Celestia is entrusting Fluttershy. After today with Discord's antics, he is now reformed and ready to be a good use for Equestria.

"Go on, say it," Fluttershy said.

"Uh, uh, alright. Friendship is Magic!" Discord shouts.

"Hey Discord, are you able to sense anypony around the world?" Twilight asks curiously.

"Yes, I can sense anypony anywhere. Why are you asking me such a silly question?" Discord said as he sips a cup of chocolate milk.

Applejack and the others are catching on to Twilight's idea. They can use Discord's magic to locate the CMC.

"Do you remember seeing three young fillies when you were conquering Ponyville? When you made my-our friends turn into their opposites?"

"Hmm," Discord starts remembering his doings when he took over Ponyville a year ago. "Ah, yes. My three saviors."

"Saviors?" The girls question in curiosity.

"The three saviors, Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo. It was their bickering that I escaped from my stony prison back at the Canterlot Gardens."

Eyes widen for everypony around Discord. They didn't know that the CMC was the reason for releasing Discord.

"That'll be a discussion for a different day. Are you able to locate them?" Twilight asks.

"Yes. I know exactly where there are."

"Could you take us there?" Twilight said as she smiles.

"Sure."

The girls around them cheer loudly. They are finally going to see the CMC, apologize to them, and bring them back home. Now they are waiting for Discord to take them to them. Minutes go by as Discord is standing there doing nothing.

"Uh, Discord?" Twilight asks.

"Yes."

"Why aren't you taking us to your saviors?"

"You ask if I could and, I can. You didn't ask if I would and, I won't." Discord smirks a bit.

"You selfish chaotic, varmint!" Applejack angrily states. "Friends are supposed to help one another, not disrespect them!"

"Oh, such hypocrisy. You didn't help Fluttershy here to reform me, just made idol threats to turn me back to stone when I used my magic. Also, I just reformed. There is a lot I need to learn. Another thing, this is your problem to fix, not mine. I didn't create the mess to help you clean up, you did."

Applejack grits her teeth and storms off to Sweet Apple Acres angrily.

"Some friend you'll turn out to be," Applejack mutters loudly in anger, not noticing Discord hearing her.

"Yea, like I'll need you as a friend. I have Fluttershy," Discord picks up Fluttershy and hugs her like a plushy.

"I agree with Applejack, Discord. If you're not going to help, what kind of friend you'll be," Rainbow states emotionlessly.

"The one who won't pour rainwater in anger."

Rainbow Dash breathes heavily. She starts having a flashback to the time she poured rain at Scootaloo and her friends. Rainbow Dash flies away in shame.

"Discord," Fluttershy sternly said.

"What? They started it. Also, I saw their intentions right through their eyes."

"What intentions, Discord?" Twilight said, raising an eyebrow.

"Well, Twilight. You were going to use me to get to Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo. Then forget about me. Using me for my magic and not of Friendship." Twilight starts sweating a bit.

"Twilight.., tell me this isn't true?" Fluttershy quietly asks.

"Well, uh..," Twilight stumbles on her wording.

"It is true," Fluttershy lowers her head in sadness.

"I will not help you, Twilight. You are not my friend. You are not worth it. You can't have everything exactly your way. Something I learned today right before I reformed."

Princess Celestia arrives to pick up Discord and takes him back to Canterlot. Twilight has a lot of thinking to do and how to redeem herself. Be a better friend with Discord. Rarity, Pinkie Pie, Twilight, and Fluttershy go there separate ways. In Canterlot, Princess Celestia gives Discord a room to stay in for a while. Discord uses his magic to spawn a glass globe to spy on the CMC. He sees them having fun and creating something new with Starlight Glimmer.

"Well, I won't be ruining the surprise to anyone. You'll have to wait and see what happens next," Discord said.

PreviousChapters Next