• Published 7th Jan 2020
  • 9,864 Views, 1,057 Comments

CMC Going Away - PonyJoel



Gabby Gums, once popular now shunned by everypony. No one in town wants to talk or compromise. With a last minute effort and a farewell, no one buys into it until it's too late.

  • ...
25
 1,057
 9,864

PreviousChapters Next
The Search

Days went by since the Princesses came to Ponyville. After the Gabby Gums incident, residents of Ponyville were put in teams of six to search for Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo. Not a minute goes by as regret, shame, and guilt fills the hearts of everypony that wronged the CMC. Applejack and Big Mac lead the team to search endlessly throughout Equestria. Twilight Sparkle is with Princess Celestia and Luna searching far and wide in other regions of Equestria. During that time, Twilight Sparkle received her lecture from Princess Celestia about negotiating when the situation is at its peak. A lesson that Twilight Sparkle will never forget especially, with handling ages younger than hers. Big Mac and Applejack are troubled with endless possibilities that their younger sister may be in peril or worse, which is why they haven't slept well in days. Rarity blames herself for revealing the truth to the entire town of Gabby Gums' true identity. If it weren't for her encouragement when she snooped through Sweetie Belle's belongings, then none of this would be happening. Rarity is a wreck as she continues to search for her beloved sister. As for Rainbow Dash, she's angry at herself for inflicting the CMC with rainwater in anger and spite. She took her frustrations at the CMC instead of confronting them, telling them what they were doing was wrong.

Big Mac, Applejack, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, and Pinkie are now resting at Neighagra Falls. Applejack and Big Mac volunteer to take first watch as the others fall asleep. Princess Luna raises the moon as nightfall has arrived. Big Mac tears up as Applejack cries on the inside. They messed up. They screwed up. Made three young fillies go away, how ironic from Big Mac's words?

"Big Mac?" Applejack said in a sad tone.

"Yes, Applejack," Big Mac responds sadly.

"You think Apple Bloom and her friends are.., alright?"

"I hope so, Applejack. I hope we'll find them in time when they need help," Big Mac said.

"I regret ignoring Apple Bloom and influencing more of Gabby Gums."

"Me too, Applejack," Big Mac concurs.

The siblings embrace each other and pray that Apple Bloom and her friends are safe. As Luna finishes raising the moon, she hovers down and watches the night. Princess Celestia sits next to Luna as Twilight looks the other way. No words can justify how sorry she is towards Princess Celestia and Princess Luna. She hopes to find the CMC, hug them, and tell them how stupid she is for neglecting them. Letting the CMC know it wasn't their fault but hers and the towns. Princess Celestia and Luna distance themselves, to have a private discussion.

"How long for the search to continue, sister?" Princess Luna asks.

"Before the week of Shining Armor and Princess Mi Amore Cadenza's wedding, Luna."

"Celestia, that's twelve days from now."

"That's how long we can prolong the search. Our duties will have to come eventually."

"Will it be long enough?"

"Only time will tell, Luna."

"It'll be hard for everyone to conclude the search after twelve days."

"Then, it'll be a lesson of what happens when you treat others poorly. Only time will tell if we find Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo or not," Princess Celestia firmly states.

"I'll try searching for them in the dreamlands again. Then I'll pinpoint their location."

Princess Luna enters the dreamlands in search of the CMC. Princess Celestia walks back to Twilight Sparkle. She still looks away from the Princess and remains silent.

"Twilight."

Twilight remains silent. She thinks of ways to redeem herself and be a better friend. She thinks of herself as a deceiving friend who turns instead of compromising. Princess Celestia lets Twilight be.

Princess Luna now wanders the dreamlands, searching far and wide in search of the CMC's dreams. Due to the mass majority of ponies sleeping during the night, the dreamlands shift differently and unpredictably. Every night Princess Luna is given a limited time window as the nighttime flows by faster. It's the fifth night that Luna tries searching for the CMC's dream. Like many nights its harder looking for them. So many nightmares kept popping up for Luna to handle, with the CMC missing, she opts out instead of helping everypony else. Princess Luna soars in the dreamlands looking for the fillies dreamscape.

After a few hours go by, Princess Luna leaves the dreamlands empty-handed. As she returns to Princess Celestia and Twilight Sparkle, it was time for her to go to sleep. Princess Luna enters her tent and falls asleep. Princess Celestia raises the sun to begin another day. She and Twilight Sparkle will wait till the later hours for Luna to wake up to proceed with their search together. With the Royal Guards and Ponyville working together, there are not many regions to inspect. Princess Celestia and Twilight hold a meeting with the Royal Guards about the day's search. Like the first day, there are no signs of the CMC whereabouts. Twilight lowers her head as Celestia brings optimism to Twilight.

"No need to fret, Twilight. In time, we'll find them," Princess Celestia said as she smiles elegantly.

"What if we can't?!" Twilight said in her panicked state. "What if they meet their demise before we save them?! What if?!" Twilight is cut off by Princess Celestia.

"Twilight," Princess Celestia sighs. "Calm down."

Twilight takes deep breathes to calm herself down.

"I'm going to have to ask you to leave, Twilight."

Twilight leaves as she slaps herself for overreacting again. She feels that Princess Celestia is getting stress because of her. After the meeting, the Royal Guards return to the teams to continue the search. Princess Celestia confronts Twilight.

"Twilight."

Twilight looks at her teacher with tears streaming down on her face. Princess Celestia can see the hurt Twilight engulfs. Princess Celestia spreads her wings and hugs Twilight. She comforts her the best way she can. Twilight clutches onto Celestia and cries her eyes out. She can't stop thinking for the worse of the CMC.

Now that it's morning, Applejack and Big Mac wake everypony up. The two didn't get much sleep. How can they sleep when their sister is out there, lost, cold, hungry, sick? They push themselves to endure another day of searching. Rainbow Dash and Rarity barely got some sleep due to how they were feeling. They couldn't wait till they find the CMC. They know they'll find them. It's only a matter of time, right.

Once again, Big Mac and Applejack lead the team from Neighara Falls to Foal Mountain. On the way there, they meet up with Filthy Rich and Ms.Cheerliee. Their team checked all of Foal Mountain and haven't found a spec of the CMC.

"Hello, Apple Family. How are you doing?" Rich asks.

"Not well. Still searching for my sister and her friends," Applejack answers tiredly.

"We've checked all areas of Foal Mountain. Hate to say but, there are no signs of the CMC. We figured they must have traveled by train or something else to cover the tracks," Rich said.

"Train?" Big Mac asks.

"Yes," Ms.Cheerliee said. "If the CMC were to travel, it'll be by transportation. Otherwise, we'll catch up with them by now."

"I sent private investigations to search all rail stations that the CMC might have gone to, so far, no luck," Rich said.

"We'll continue to search until the Princesses calls off the search," Ms.Cheerliee said.

"Thank you," Applejack said.

Big Mac and Applejack walk away from Foal Mountain with Rarity, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, and Pinkie Pie. With other teams searching far and wide, they decided to go back home.

"Where are you going?" Rich asks.

"Home," Applejack and Big Mac said in defeat.

"Home?" Ms.Cheerliee questions.

Applejack and Big Mac sighs.

"We can't leave the farm unattended any longer. Six days is long enough. With everypony working together to find my sister and her friends, they'll come to us once they find them," Applejack said sadly.

"Good luck with the search," Big Mac said.

"Since you two are going home, I'll go as well. You'll need rainwater for the lands. I'll fly to Cloudsdale, hire some weather ponies to help you two. Then I'll go back on the search."

"Thanks, Rainbow," Applejack said.

Big Mac, Applejack, and Rainbow Dash go home while Rarity, Pinkie Pie, and Fluttershy stick with Rich and Ms.Cheerliee to continue the search. On the way back to Ponyville, Big Mac and Applejack lower their heads in defeat. Two hours after the walk of shame, Applejack and Big Mac enter the apple house. Rainbow Dash flies to Cloudsdale to hire weather ponies to help the Apple family. Big Mac and Applejack see the entire Apple Family with Granny Smith orchestrating a plan to search for Apple Bloom.

"Alright, everypony. I understand that attending to the farms is also important. The teams of apples will conclude with three ponies. For those who aren't in teams, they will tend to their farms," Granny said, then she sees Applejack and Big Mac. "Welcome home, you two. Were you able to find Apple Bloom and her friends?"

"No, Granny," Applejack sadly said.

"If we were to keep going with the search, no pony would be able to attend to the farm. With our friends and neighbors searching for the girls, we figured it'll only be a matter of time till they find them," Big Mac states.

"Wow, most words I ever heard cousin Big Mac spoke," Babs Seed said.

"It was a harder decision to make. We can't allow the apples to go bad. Also, we didn't know you'll have the entire Apple Family come to the house to help search for Apple Bloom, Granny. Otherwise, we would have continued with the search," Applejack said.

"Well, thanks for trying you two. You and Big Mac look exhausted. Take the rest of the day off and relax. I'll need you two to work on the farm bright and early tomorrow."

"Will do, Granny. Right, Big Mac?"

"Eeyup," Big Mac yawns and goes to his room to sleep for the rest of the day.

Applejack goes to her room and gets some shut-eye. Granny Smith blesses the family willing to search for Apple Bloom and her friends as they take off. The rest said their goodbyes to Granny and heads back home.

An hour passes as Princess Luna wakes up from her nap. She sees Twilight and Celestia packing up. The next region to search will be at Unicorn Range. After Luna finish packing up, the Royal Guards flies Princess Celestia, Princess Luna, and Twilight Sparkle to Unicorn Range to conduct their search. On the way there, Twilight looks down below to see several search teams looking for the CMC. Twilight hopes to find the girls soon. Hopefully, they are safe.

PreviousChapters Next