• Published 7th Jan 2020
  • 9,895 Views, 1,057 Comments

CMC Going Away - PonyJoel



Gabby Gums, once popular now shunned by everypony. No one in town wants to talk or compromise. With a last minute effort and a farewell, no one buys into it until it's too late.

  • ...
25
 1,057
 9,895

PreviousChapters Next
Tempest's Headache

Tempest is meditating in her room. Since taking the minds of Spike and Big Mac, she's been having severe headaches. It's been ongoing for days. Within her deep meditation, she feels his maniacal laughter, mocking her as he draws nearer. Tempest wakes from her meditation angrily and pants. She groans as her headache grows heavier.

What is wrong with me? Tempest thought to herself. She gets up to take look at herself in the mirror. She gasps as her eyes are more greener than before. "Noooo.." Lighting strikes revealing King Sombra reflecting from the mirror. She turns back to see no one behind her. She trots to the window as there is heavy rain pouring down. Lightning strikes down a bit. "No. He's contained in the jar. No way his essence broke free from it." Tempest trots back to the mirror. "Perhaps I should lay off using the mind manipulating spell. "

Fire Flier knocks on Tempest's door. It startle's Tempest a bit.

Oh great, the door startled me. Tempest thought to herself as she groans. She walks up to the door and opens it. "What do you want, Fire?"

"Checking on you. You haven't been yourself since coming back from the castle the other day.

"I'm a bit worn out from using the mind manipulation spell. I don't think I can handle maintaining it's power on more of Rich's workers," Tempest explains.

"Which is why a friend of ours send you this," He holds onto the Alicorn Amulet.

Tempest uses her magic to equip the Alicorn Amulet onto herself. The magic within from the amulet ignites her magic tenfold. Tempest gaze in the mirror to see King Sombra watching behind her. She instantly removes the Alicorn Amulet. King Sombra is no longer in the view of the mirror.

"Tempest, what is wrong with you? It's like you've seen a ghost."

Tempest pants a bit. For the duration of wearing the Alicorn Amulet, her headache spiked out of control. She's starting to lose herself.

"It's the horn. The more I use it's magic, the closer he gets."

"That's impossible. He is contained in a jar in the bowels of the sewers in Baltimare. Crimson confirmed that you have full control of the horn."

Diamond Tiara hears the commotion outside of her room. She comes out with a theory in mind.

"Fire. You mentioned to me a while back of other cults probably lurking around. Will it be possible for different cult members to spy on each other?"

Fire shakes his head. "No cult member is capable of spying on one another from another cult. We, the Dark Order, we have eyes and ears everywhere. Even in places that no pony would have ever thought of," Fire responds.

"Hmm," Diamond expressed loudly. "If there are eyes and ears where no pony would have ever thought, that should be the same within our cult. Perhaps Crimson is from a different pact?"

"Not likely. However, I respect your clever thinking. You are new to the cult and have not experience the full inclusion of being in the Dark Order like Tempest and I."

"Darn," Diamond said. She looks at Tempest. "Are you afraid of King Sombra?"

"I don't fear Sombra physically. Mentally, I fear by having his horn, he may try to overtake my mind. I have been using more of his magic for the cause. Perhaps I should ease up on how much to use."

"Wanna release the spell on me?" Diamond asks. "Perhaps, my feelings wouldn't come into effect of the cause?"

Tempest uses her magic to release the spell that had Diamond Tiara's emotions in tact. Diamond Tiara eyes go back to normal. Tempest's headache eases a bit but, not by much. She holds onto her head a bit.

"Feeling alright?" Fire asks.

"Yea. The headache is easing a bit. Perhaps I should release the stallion's grip but keep the baby dragon. I need a set of eyes on Princess Twilight Sparkle."

Diamond Tiara regains her consciousness as well as her guilty conscious. She knows deep down what she's committing is wrong; however, she crossed the line of no return. Who would forgive her for joining a dark cult? She looks at Fire and Tempest.

"How are you feeling, Diamond Tiara?" Fire asks.

"Well, my guilty conscious is coming back. I feel as I'm making a huge mistake. However, I feel that I should continue onward with the Dark Order's objective. Plus, I want my freaking cutie mark back!" She angrily shouted, pointing at the equal insignia cutie mark.

"I know. I want mine back too."

"Soon, we'll pay this Starlight Glimmer a visit. For now, still need to structure our army," Tempest said as she holds her head with her left hoof. "Ugh, this headache will be the death me."

"Or Storm King freezing your butt to death," Fire noted.

Diamond Tiara decides to wander around her home. She found her dad in a different guest room. He is strapped to the bed for good measure. Diamond Tiara closes the door and gets on the bed. She looks in the eyes of her father with a sorrowful look. Within Rich's mind, he sees his daughter geniunely sad for the first time. A tear stream down on Rich's face.

"Dad? If you can hear me, the real me, make a tear for what I have to say," Diamond Tiara frowns a bit as she collects her thoughts. She sees a tear stream down on her father's face. "One tear means yes, No tear means no. Do you understand that?" She sees a tear stream down, confirming his answer. "Do you still love me after all I did?" She sees a tear stream down. Diamond Tiara smiles a bit. "Do you wish to be a better father?" She sees another tear. "Will you send me away once things are under control and you regain your company?" She sees no tear but waits for a few moments.

There was a knock on the door. Diamond Tiara gets off of the bed and trots to the door.

"What are you doing?" Fire displeasingly asks.

"Trying to communicate with my dad," Diamond responds. Then gets closer to Fire's ear. "I want to see if there is anything else in mind to help for the cause." She whispers.

"Ooooh, I see. You are a clever one. Carry on," Fire closes the door and trots elsewhere.

Diamond Tiara goes back to her father. She sees no visible tear from the previous question. She sighs in relief a bit.

"If I can find a way to reverse things and get myself out of the heap of trouble, will I be grounded?" She sees a tear confirming the answer. She sighs. "I should have known and yet, I expected of it," she takes a deep breath. "I'm sorry for not being the daughter you expect of me to be. Do you forgive me?" Several tears stream down. In Rich's mind, he wants to renew his bond with Diamond Tiara. Being able to communicate with his daughter, he goes back to battling the demons of his mind. He refuses to give up. This is causing Tempest to have another surge of a headache.

"Darn it! Graaah!" Tempest roars holding onto her head. Thinking it's Sombra trying to take control. She uses her magic to release control of Big Mac from afar. Her headache eases up, however she felt a disturbance. Her hooves couldn't stop shaking and her knees trembling. King Sombra appears from the mirror.

"I will claim what is rightfully mine soon enough. You haven't seen the last of me," Sombra manically laughs.

Tempest punches the mirror shattering it. Her horn blackens. Something in which she hasn't notice from looking at the mirror. It was once red-violet when it was infused. She pants heavily as she's starting to lose herself once more due to Sombra's magic.

Beneaths the tunnels of Baltimare, several members of the Dark Order were defeated. Ponies wearing shadowed cloaks held onto the jar containing King Sombra. They release him from his imprisonment. They bow in respect as King Sombra's essence hovers, forming into the shadowed unicorn without the horn.

"My King, the amulet has been delivered. She is now losing grip of your magic."

"Time to claim what's rightfully mine."

"The Dark Ponies shall follow you, my Liege," They all rise up.

"Onward to Ponyville. The Fall of the Dark Order shall commence."

PreviousChapters Next