• Published 7th Jan 2020
  • 9,931 Views, 1,057 Comments

CMC Going Away - PonyJoel



Gabby Gums, once popular now shunned by everypony. No one in town wants to talk or compromise. With a last minute effort and a farewell, no one buys into it until it's too late.

  • ...
25
 1,057
 9,931

PreviousChapters Next
Princess Celestia's Passing the Torch & Departure

Princess Celestia lands at the Canterlot Castle's balcony. She enters her room and starts packing her things. Her sister Luna walks into the room.

"Welcome back, sister. How did Twilight and her friends hold?" Princess Luna asks.

"They were shocked at first, then silenced, then understanding. Twilight expressed more of herself when I told them the location where I'm relocating to also, Pinkie Pie wants to throw you a celebration party when I pass the torch to you."

"Alright, Celestia. So, you ready to announce your departure?"

"Yes." Celestia nods. "Follow me, Luna."

Princess Luna follows Celestia to the throne room where everypony is present. Residents of Canterlot, Nobles, Royals, Royal Guards, Maidens, and workers are all present. Princess Celestia sits on her throne to address everyone about her departure.

"Mares and Stallions. I've summoned you here to hear what I have to say for the future of Canterlot. As of this day forth, I will no longer be residing in Canterlot. I've decided to relocate elsewhere."

Loud gasps come from everypony in the throne room. The Royal Guards are stunned beyond belief for what they are hearing. The Nobles and Royals are shocked but delighted. One less Princess to worry about before taking over Canterlot completely.

"With that said and done, I'm passing the torch to my sister Luna. She will be taking over as Princess of Canterlot."

Lots of ponies chat with each other. Having discerns on why this is happening. What have they done that made Princess Celestia want to leave? Why is she abandoning them? Where is she going to live? Some of the Royal Guards are discussing to go with the Princess to protect her during her travels. Princess Celestia is reading every ponies' body language. A lot of them seem concerned. She is also reading the body language of the Royal Guards.

"Royal Guards," Celestia announces. Some of the Royal Guards approach the Princess.

"Yes, your highness," They bow in respect.

"I transfer your services to Princess Luna."

"Pardon me, your highness. Why are you transferring our services to Princess Luna? Isn't she going with you?"

"No," Celestia shakes her head. "Princess Luna will be taking over Canterlot in my absence," Celestia announces loudly to everypony.

Everypony is in disarray after hearing Princess Celestia making another announcement. Princess Luna steps up as Princess Celestia stands aside.

"As Princess of the moon residing in Canterlot, I will lead in a better and brighter future for all. My sister and I have talked about expanding all of Equestria into a United Equestria. That is the reason for her departure. Creating better outcomes for all."

Lots of ponies frown. They are unsure if things will get better or become worse. With Princess Celestia gone, will they suffer a fate worse than death? A lot of questions are getting the better of them. They are now demanding for Celestia to stay. Something in which she wasn't expecting.

"I cannot stay. It is for the best of my interest to vacate Canterlot and start building elsewhere. Just know I love every one of you with all my heart. Thank you for allowing me to be your Princess in Canterlot."

Some ponies start to tear up. They don't want to see their Princess go. Some ponies burst into tears as Celestia hugs her sister.

"I wish you all the luck running Canterlot the way you see fitting, Luna."

"Thank you, sister. Good luck living with them if they say yes."

Princess Celestia nods. She then turns to everypony. "Farewell, my little ponies," Celestia grab her belongings and fly out of the throne room.

"Everypony present. There will be a lot of changes going on in my rule for Canterlot," Princess Luna addresses. Everypony turns to her for guidance now that Celestia has left them.

Princess Celestia arrives at the train station. She gets on the train and sits down as the train takes off. She looks out the window to gaze at Canterlot Castle one last time. Hours later, the train stops. Princess Celestia gets off with her belongings. From afar, Night Glider and Booster are at the stakeout. They see Princess Celestia leaving the train and heading in the direction of their village. Booster radios Starlight Glimmer.

"Starlight, this is Booster reporting."

Starlight answers the radio. "What do you see, Booster?"

"Night Glider and I see the Princess. The week is up. It's time to make our decision as a family."

"Return to the village. We'll start preparing for the Princess's arrival."

"Will do, Starlight," Booster said. "Night Glider. We are needed back at the village."

"Let's fly," She and Booster fly back to the village.

It's going to be a long walk, Princess Celestia thought to herself as she trots to Starlight's village.

PreviousChapters Next