• Published 7th Jan 2020
  • 9,860 Views, 1,057 Comments

CMC Going Away - PonyJoel



Gabby Gums, once popular now shunned by everypony. No one in town wants to talk or compromise. With a last minute effort and a farewell, no one buys into it until it's too late.

  • ...
25
 1,057
 9,860

PreviousChapters Next
Starlight's Village Town Meeting

Starlight is holding a town meeting in her home. With everypony present, they opened up on who hurt them, betrayed them, hated them, neglected them, and wanted them gone. After writing the names of those who have done wrong to them, Starlight made it clear to reveal her plans to everypony and how to lure them in. For the next hour, Starlight explains in full detail. Scootaloo steps up, revealing more of Starlight's plan thoroughly since she is the one who created the idea.

"So, we have a stakeout?" Night Glider asks.

"Yes," Scootaloo answers firmly. "A team of four have a stakeout on the outskirts of the village. Then contact Starlight by radio. By alerting Starlight of who is coming, she can determine if the pony is on the list or not. If the pony is on the list, then we go into act one, which Starlight mentioned. If the pony is not on the list, we welcome them."

Everypony talks to each other about the possibilities that Starlight and Scootaloo came up with, they like the idea and seem fitting for the cause. To get back at those who wrong them in the past. After a few moments, everypony agrees to the terms of Starlight's and Scootaloo's plan.

"Does anypony have any questions?" Starlight asks.

"Will the stakeout team have rotating shifts?" Double Diamond asks.

"Yes. Stakeout teams will have four-hour shifts. Six teams each day starting in a few months," Starlight answers.

"Why in a few months?" Double Diamond asks.

"No pony has shown up since Sweetie Belle, Apple Bloom, and myself. It's been five months since we arrived. There are routines that everypony needs to follow through when the ponies who are on the list arrives. We have to sell them our village's meaning of equality in friendship first. From there, all the pieces can fall into place then, we will give them the justice they deserve."

"Sounds good with us," Everpony said in unison.

Starlight and Scootaloo smiles. Apple Bloom steps up to the podium in the room.

"Hi, everypony. Within the past few weeks, plantlife has been blossoming nicely. In a few weeks, we'll be having strawberry bushes, pepper bushes, and grape bushes. Trees will take years to grow unless," Apple Bloom gulps at the memory of it. "We go to the Everfree Forest, find some Zap Apples, and plant the seeds. That way, the trees grow instantly, and we'll have apple trees for many years to come."

"Everfree Forest?" Starlight asks. Even she wasn't aware of the Zap Apples' origin. Just some sort of myth created by other ponies back in her hometown. "Who told you about the Zap Apples, Apple Bloom?"

Apple Bloom bit her lip. Throughout her time in Starlight's village, she has hoped to forget all about Applejack and Big Mac. She couldn't forget about Granny Smith. The memories of Granny Smith often remind Apple Bloom of her older siblings. Apple Bloom still loves Granny. Always have. As for Applejack and Big Mac, not so much anymore. The love for them was lost when they didn't care about her anymore. Big Mac's daunting words still haunt her to this day. Apple Bloom shakes her head and concentrates on answering Starlight's question.

"My grandmother. Granny Smith. She told me all about the Zap Apples."

"Did she happened to tell you what season the Zap Apples blossomed?" Starlight asks.

"Yes. Zap Apples will be growing in two weeks or so. Zap Apples grows every year in October."

"Did she happened to tell you where in the Everfree Forest?" Double Diamond asks.

"No, she went exploring on her own late at night and found them."

"No use in ordering or buying an apple tree. May cause suspicions with an apple family member," Starlight states.

"Exactly my point, Starlight. If we were to buy an apple tree, my Apple Family may come to this exact location and search for me. Even if I were to hide."

"So, that leaves us with a straight-up answer. During the arrival of the Zap Apples, we'll go to the Everfree and search for our supply of Zap Apples to bring back home," Starlight said.

Apple Bloom hangs her head low. Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle understood the pain Apple Bloom is going through. The possibility of returning to Ponyville to enter the Everfree Forest. What if there are patrols in search of her and her friends. What if the Apple family are searching far and wide. So many possibilities are popping in Apple Bloom's mind. It's starting to overwhelm her. Starlight sees Apple Bloom feeling unnerving with the possibility of returning to Ponyville.

"Your information is vital for the landscape here, Apple Bloom. Also, you won't be going alone. I will be going with you to Ponyville," Starlight reassuringly said. Putting a hoof on Apple Bloom's head as she smiles.

"I'm coming too," Night Glider said.

"You can count me in," Scootaloo said proudly.

"Me as well," Sweetie Belle concurs.

"Hey, Party Favor!" Night Glider shouts.

"What's up?"

"We need your best party style disguises for Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo."

"I'm on it. Come over to my place in an hour!" Party Favor zooms out of Starlight's house to his house.

"Party style disguises?" The CMC asks curiously.

Night Glider chuckles. "Party Favor is a great costume designer. We played hide and seek with a few other ponies. We wore costumes to blend in the surrounding area. One game lasted four hours."

"Wow," The CMC said in unison. They are surprised.

"When Party Favor creates a disguise, no one can tell who the pony is, isn't that right, Starlight?"

"Yea, Night Glider. Party Favor disguised himself as a clown for my birthday. He had me fooled."

Starlight gets on the podium.

"The town meeting is over. You may resume your activities and schedules. Thank you for your time," Starlight said gratefully.

Everypony leaves Starlight's house except for Night Glider and the CMC. They were needed to discuss a plan for the Zap Apples' arrival. An hour later, they head to Party Favor's house. Night Glider knocks on the door. Party Favor opens it.

"Right on time," Party Favor cheerfully said. "Come on in."

Everyone enters Party Favor's house. Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo finally see the household of Party Favor. He has balloons on the ceiling, streamers, and confetti on the walls, piƄatas hanging in every room, and color lights in each room. Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo are surprised. They feel the energy to party all of a sudden.

"Alright, kids, here are your disguises," Party Favor said as he dresses them up lickety-split.

Apple Bloom is wearing a lone ranger disguise. The mask and hat are a bit bigger to help conceal Apple Bloom's facial appearance.

"Now this is a Nightmare Night costume I'll wear for life. Thanks, Party Favor."

"You're welcome, Apple Bloom."

Sweetie Belle is wearing a mime disguise. The face paint and black liner on her eyes will help deceive anypony from recognizing her. Sweetie Belle takes a look in the mirror and starts mimicking as a mime.

"Thanks, Party Favor. If anything were to happen, while we're picking up Zap Apples, I can distract ponies with a mime routine."

"You're welcome, Sweetie Belle."

Scootaloo is wearing a hockey disguise. She is wearing a skull mask to conceal her facial appearance. It'll be harder for ponies to detect Scootaloo from her looks and personality.

"Thanks, Party Favor. I love hockey. This costume is awesome!"

"You're welcome, Scootaloo. Now you three, be careful and be aware of your surroundings. Treat your disguises like in a Spy's movie."

"We will, Party Favor." The trio said in unison.

"Good. I wish you all luck and bringing those Zap Apples."

The girls leave Party Favor's house. Night Glider returns home as Starlight takes the CMC back home with her. She has some thinking to do.

It is now, 10:00 at night. Starlight tucks Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo in bed. Kissing on their foreheads as they drift to sleep. She leaves the bedroom and goes downstairs to her office. Then, Starlight talks to herself, planning for the week of the Zap Apples.

"Two weeks from now, the Zap Apples are returning," Starlight opens her map of Equestria. "One station is accessed for entry, which is Ponyville. There are no other alternate routes. Even if I were to teleport, it takes a lot of magic for me to conjure up. The only time I'll use my teleportation spell if we were to get caught. We would have to get on the morning train, so when we arrive, it's nightfall in Ponyville. Then, we'll have to navigate our way to the Everfree Forest. If we are too tired, there is a hotel in the surrounding area. We'll bunk there until nightfall. Then we can go into the Everfree Forest. Hopefully, we'll find the Zap Apples in there as Granny Smith has in the past. Maybe I'll have the chance to see who is Applejack, Big Mac, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, and Twilight Sparkle are. Only time will tell if I ever see who they are. Someday, they'll get what they deserve for treating my three fillies poorly."

Starlight Glimmer leaves her office and curls on the couch. She remembers the names the CMC mentioned the first time, how it put a spark in her heart to get back on those who do wrong. Starlight drifts to sleep.

PreviousChapters Next