• Published 7th Jan 2020
  • 9,853 Views, 1,057 Comments

CMC Going Away - PonyJoel



Gabby Gums, once popular now shunned by everypony. No one in town wants to talk or compromise. With a last minute effort and a farewell, no one buys into it until it's too late.

  • ...
25
 1,057
 9,853

PreviousChapters Next
Royal Guard Findings: Informing Princess Celestia

It's been a few days since Princess Luna and Discord were around. The two are time traveling to pivotal events of the Royal Guards and their change in demeanor throughout the years of Princess Celestia's reign. Princess Luna and Discord document and found some revelation on two cults, Dark Ponies and the Dark Order. The two have different agendas in terms of ruling all of Equestria. Princess Luna and Discord were not pleased with the Royal Guards throughout the ages ever since Celestia moved to Canterlot.

It's now 6:30 in the afternoon. Discord and Princess Luna return from their trip. They enter the throne room with vital information. Princess Celestia pardons everypony in the throne to have a private meeting with her sister and Discord.

"So, how did the investigations go, Luna?"

"Discord and I found out the Royal Guards have changed their perspective in terms of protecting you and everypony in Canterlot. Leaving everypony else to defend for themselves in Equestria."

Princess Celestia is appalled from hearing that immediately.

"The moment you moved in, two hundred years later, the Royal Guards main priorities were in Canterlot," Discord noted.

"They chose to delay a lot of situations they deemed too far from Canterlot. Sister, there is corruption within the Royal Guard."

"Also, the wealth is controlling your Royal Guards. Their mindsets are altering the Royal Guards into receiving a huge haul of bits in return."

"There isn't enough training for local police to handle any circumstances as the Royal Guards are capable of handling," Princess Luna clarifies.

"We've seen a lot of unfortunate events. The Royal Guard reports what they've seen, wrote how they did it, and moved on. We found two active cults that dates back during the millennium of our research."

"Not only that Discord, Celestia; some of the higher-ranked Royal Guards excused themselves when trouble was more outward of Canterlot. We've seen they'll only respond to immediate as long as you give the order to investigate."

Princess Celestia looks at the ceiling in disbelief and sorrow. All of this happened due to her living with the wealth and the Royals? The Royal Guards normally protects all of Equestria in their accord. She starts questioning her decisions about staying put in the Castle of the Two sisters or not. Would the outcomes differ? She turns to her sister and Discord.

"Any good from what you've discovered?" Princess Celestia asks. Hoping to hear the good news, anything to relieve herself a bit.

"The Royal Guards were more involving in helping ponies in crisis throughout all of Equestria during your millennium reign. However, they were more involved before you ditched your first castle," Discord states.

"The Royal Guards let down a lot of ponies throughout the ages except Canterlot. Anything and everything in Canterlot, they delivered in terms of their oath. The same goes for you throughout the ages. The Royal Guards were always by your side when you need them."

"Another thing Celestia," Discord issues. "There were a lot of dropouts from the Royal Guards that scattered across Equestria, creating the local police departments in terms of handling things without the Royal Guard's assistance. Local police all around Equestria has failed to stop powerful cults and creatures that arose."

"We believed that the Royal Guards were purposely neglecting the dropouts. They delayed assistance so everypony knows how important the Royal Guards are and why you should never take them for granted."

"What?!" Princess Celestia panics a bit.

"That or an active cult member is in charge of the Royal Guards and commanding what to do."

Princess Celestia is hoping the second claim is more suitable. And yet, it frightens her more. She doesn't know her Royal Guard well enough. She even questions Shining Armor's doing as Captain of the Royal Guards. Discord and Luna can see the frustrations from Celestia just by looking at her eyes.

"So, my Royal Guard has not kept an oath to protect all of Equestria. Is that what you are informing of me?" Princess Celestia asks while taking deep breathes.

"Yes, dear sister. The Draqonecuus and I found more than enough evidence to see the corruption of the Royal Guards."

"So, if we were to move, then they will follow us? They'll have to change for the better, right?"

"We're not entirely sure, Celestia. They react differently."

"So be it," Princess Celestia reply. "From what you are telling me, they failed Equestria throughout the centuries of my reign," Princess Celestia gets a little teary. "All those ponies, those that are heavily affected, I feel so ashamed with myself. Throughout the years, I believed that there was nothing wrong, taking my duties seriously every day and night. Setting my priorities high and not asking daily reports of the Royal Guards. Just letting them be as they handle Equestria's protection duties except for crucial moments and circumstances. What Night Glider said the other day, that's given me a mental scarring." Princess Celestia sighs heavily.

"Understandable, dear sister. We now understand her situation. We saw what the Dark Order has done. How the Royal Guards didn't do anything after hearing reports of them."

"Starlight's justice system is bearable compared to what the cults and Royal Guards have done to the innocents," Discord said.

"Thank you for the info, you two. I have a lot to think about."

"When do you plan on visiting the village, Celestia?" Princess Luna asks.

"Tomorrow. I want to hear the stories from all of them. That way, I can improve the Equestrian Guards."

"There's no Equestrian Guards," Discord claims.

"Not yet. The Equestrian Guards will be the new and improve security of all Equestria. The Royal Guards will remain in Canterlot, after the time is right for me to leave."

"Leave?" Princess Luna and Discord said in unison.

"You said it yourselves. The Royal Guards changed two centuries after I moved to Canterlot. I refuse to allow history to repeat twice in one lifetime," Princess Celestia verifies.

"How long will that take?" Luna calmly asks.

"Depends on how smoothly things play out. After the cults are no more."

Discord and Princess Luna nods in understanding. They leave the throne room, giving Celestia much-needed privacy to collect her thoughts on improving better protection for all of her ponies.

I promise I'll make things better Princess Celestia thought to herself.

PreviousChapters Next