• Published 7th Jan 2020
  • 9,833 Views, 1,057 Comments

CMC Going Away - PonyJoel



Gabby Gums, once popular now shunned by everypony. No one in town wants to talk or compromise. With a last minute effort and a farewell, no one buys into it until it's too late.

  • ...
25
 1,057
 9,833

PreviousChapters Next
Town Meeting

"Dad! I don't want to go on stage!" Diamond Tiara whines.

"After the Princesses speak their minds to the town folk, you'll reveal yourself as the true Gabby Gums," Rich said.

"It wasn't me who created that name!"

"Silence!" He looks at Diamond Tiara. "You influenced the girls to create more gossip and look where it led to, young lady. You must learn that your actions have consequences."

Diamond Tiara is in tears. She doesn't want to go through with the whole town hating her. She trembles in fear as Twilight and her friends gather everypony in Ponyville. The Mayor wasn't allowed to address the situation on stage. With the Princesses present, she figures something crucial has happened. With everypony in the town hall, they start questioning all sorts of possibilities. Twilight, her friends, and Big Mac get on stage and sits down. Princess Celestia and Luna walk on stage. They gather their thoughts before speaking. Diamond Tiara is not looking forward to revealing herself to the town. With her heart pumping rapidly, she hopes to have a heart attack to get out of the situation. Princess Celestia taps the microphone to make sure it's in working order.

"Greetings, citizens of Ponyville. My sister and I have the utmost importance to speak with you all. We are aware of the Gabby Gums issue," Princess Celestia gets interrupted by a random pony.

"Are you going to lock up the brats who caused us harm!?"

Another pony yells.

"You taking the brats who wrote the stories to Tartarus?!"

More ponies begin to yell and shout questions.

"You going to discipline Gabby Gums as the liars they are?!"

"Will you send them far away from Ponyville?!"

"Have they wrote more stories of you and your sister?!"

"Are you getting rid of them?!"

"They ruin my life! Will you ruin theirs?!"

Princess Celestia and Luna are becoming agitated with relentless questioning of everypony questioning, wanting to hear the punishments of the three young fillies who created the Gabby Gums column. Princess Luna scoots Princess Celestia for a few moments.

"ENOUGH!" Luna said in her Royal Voice. Her Royal Voice echos in the town hall, causing everypony to quiet down. Princess Celestia gets back in position to speak on the microphone.

"I received word from Twilight Sparkle in a letter she sent me regarding the Gabby Gums column. All of you should be ashamed of yourselves!" Everypony is confused by Celestia's statement.

"Ashamed?!" A random pony blurs and shouts.

"Those three have the nerves to write more of our privacy for laughs!"

"They embarrassed us!"

"They tormented us!"

"They should go away!"

Princess Celestia and Princess Luna are losing their patience. More ponies want Apple Bloom, Scootaloo, and Sweetie Belle out of their lives. Princess Luna had enough with these foolish ponies.

"THEY ARE GONE!" Princess Luna shouts with her Royal Voice. Everypony in the town hall cheer in celebration. The cheers from everypony echoes as Princess Celestia and Princess Luna are now disgusted with everypony. "SILENCE!" Princess Luna angrily shouts with her Royal Voice. Now everypony is worried. Princess Luna can't even look at the ponies the same way.

"In all my life, I never felt disgusted by a town of ponies filled with, Disharmony," Princess Celestia said. Now everypony feels like a wreck just hearing what Princess Celestia just said. "All of you are happy when my sister said they are gone. I am fully aware that all of you thrown tomatoes at the young fillies after they tried to apologize for taking influence from all of you."

"Us?!" Another random pony shouts.

"Yes. You brought Disharmony to three young fillies. They took influence from all of you when you wanted more of her stories. right?" Princess Celestia asks.

The town folk starts chatting with each other.

"There is a ringleader in the Gabby Gums column. Step up to the mic," Princess Luna said emotionlessly.

Diamond Tiara starts trembling in fear. She couldn't move her feet.

"That's your cue, Diamond Tiara," Rich said.

Diamond Tiara refused to move. Filthy Rich pushes Diamond Tiara to Princess Celestia and Princess Luna. Princess Luna uses her magic to levitate Diamond Tiara for her to speak on the mic. Everypony looks at Diamond Tiara and feels an uneasy beating in their hearts. Diamond Tiara starts chatting with her speech.

"It's either I use my memory spell to display your memories for everypony to see, or you tell the truth, Diamond Tiara. Which one will it be?" Princess Celestia commands. Diamond Tiara relents and gives in.

"Initially, Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo wanted to earn their cutie marks in journalism. They written stories that didn't have my interests. I told them to find something better, and they have. Snips and Snails were covered in bubblegum and had a hard time getting it off. The girls use that to write their first-ever Gabby Gums column. I wanted more Gabby Gums, so I was the first to inspire them. With Gabby Gums spreading in the school, everypony in town wanted to read Gabby Gums. I told everyone to expand our news coverage for all of Ponyville to read. As days go by, everypony wanted more of Gabby Gums. It came to a point of expanding our stories to Cloudsdale. I told Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo to lie in the Gabby Gums to make it more believable to ponies everywhere. Ponies in Ponyville wanted more and Gabby Gums became my bread and butter. When they wanted to stop, I blackmailed them. They apologized and, you all ignored them, thus allowing me to take over for the next Gabby Gums issue which all of you enjoyed."

Everypony remains silent. They are questioning themselves more of how they handled the situation with the three young fillies. They feel like horrid monsters. They now see why the Princesses will be disgusted with their behavior. They all look at the Princesses hoping for mercy. Diamond Tiara couldn't bring herself to speak any further, so she gets off the stage and slowly walks to her father.

"You feel guilty, don't you? Moments ago, you were all celebrating and, now you learned the truth. Now here's the critical part. Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo ran away from Ponyville since you gave them justice. The justice you gave that discriminates young fillies instead of taking responsibility," Princess Celestia calmly said.

"You shunning them away, throwing tomatoes at them, booing at them, telling them to go away, and making them feel like monsters. All of you brought Disharmony," Princess Luna states.

"Even friends and family made them feel like monsters," Princess Celestia stated as she and Princess Luna turn to Big Mac, Applejack, and her friends. "Until further notice, Ponyville's parties and events shall be postponed for three months."

"Everypony shall suffer a week's worth of nightmares for driving the young fillies away," Princess Luna states clinically.

"Pinkie Pie," Celestia turns to Pinkie. "You are forbidden to throw any parties in Ponyville for the next three months."

Pinkie Pie gasps. "Three months! Why three?!" Pinkie's eyes shrank as she starts tearing up.

"One filly, one month. Three fillies are missing, therefore, that's a total of three months."

Pinkie Pie burst into tears. Her heart already aches as her mane deflates. There is nothing she and anyone can do to oppose the Princess's decree. She, along with everypony else, has to oblige with the Princesses no matter how dishearting it is.

"Now, it's time to discuss a search protocol. With the missing fillies of Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo, we'll conduct a search party," Princess Celestia states.

"Those who want to participate with the night search shall follow me. Those go by day, stay with Celestia," Princess Luna said. Then she leaves the stage as half of the ponies in the town hall follows.

"The search parties for the day should have six delegates. Spreading far and wide in our Equestrian borders," Princess Celestia displays a map of Equestria using her magic. "Each team will have a squadron of my Royal Guards. Please note, if the search continues to a certain point in time, we will call off the search. You may choose to continue or go back to your everyday lives."

Everypony nods in understanding. The guilt and displeasure are getting the better of everyone. Now, it's up to them to make things right and own up for their foolish behaviors and decisions.

"Good," Princess Celestia turns to Twilight. "Twilight Sparkle."

"Yes, Princess?" Twilight gazes at Princess Celestia.

"Have the teams set up for the day search. It's time to start looking for the missing fillies."

"Understood, Princess."

"Dad..?" Diamond Tiara looks at her father with tears streaming down on her face. "Do I have to go with Mining Haul?"

Filthy Rich looks down at his daughter. He lowers his head and sighs heavily.

"Its either living with Mining Haul for three years or a detention center for three years. Which will it be?"

Diamond Tiara does not like her choices one bit. Living with Mining Haul means she would work in the mines with other grown colts digging for diamonds they aren't allowed to keep while they have bad hygiene. Going to a detention center knowing she'll get bullied by others who are taller, stronger than her, and the possibilities of getting into fights frighten her. Her choices are putrid.

"I...I don't know..." Diamond looks at her dad.

"Hmm, maybe living with Mining Haul is not the answer."

Diamond Tiara sighs in relief. She smiles in her mind knowing that her father is allowing her to get a lighter punishment.

"The detention center will make you worse now that I think about it."

Diamond Tiara imagines herself hopping in happiness again. The worst her father can come up with is being homeschooled and stay in house confinement. When Rich isn't home, she is already thinking of turning to her mother for the freedoms and privileges in the household.

"Sucker," Diamond said in her mind.

"Well, Diamond Tiara. There is only one solution I can think of as your punishment."

"What is it...daddy?" Diamond Tiara asks while adding realism to her fake sadness.

"I'll be sending you to the Royal Guard Boot Camp for troubling ponies," Rich calmly said.

Eyes widen in shock for Diamond Tiara. This was not the answer she was hoping to hear. She starts breathing heavily. Going to a Royal Guard Boot Camp means hardship, physical labor, and more discipline.

"I'm not that evil to go to a place like that, daddy!"

"No, but you are walking on that path. With my fortune going to you as you develop the mindset you have, not only you'll be in debt, you will be in poverty. I can see you losing everything. Tarnishing the family name and legacy. The Royal Guard Boot Camp will save you, Diamond Tiara." Rich walks up to Princess Celestia. "Princess Celestia, can I have a moment with you?"

"Yes, Rich."

"I want to enroll my daughter to the Royal Guard Boot Camp for troubling ponies."

"Noooooooo!" Diamond shout from a distance.

"I can make it happen. Why you decide to send Diamond Tiara from Mining Haul to the Royal Guard Boot Camp?"

"Mining Haul would not give her the discipline she needs to grow up. Diamond Tiara has her ways of manipulating ponies. I figured when Mining Haul gets tired, she will try to manipulate him."

"Fair enough," Princess Celestia said. "I'll have a Royal Guard escort the two of you to the boot camp for you to fill out some documents and paperwork."

"Alright. Also, I'm planning to use my wealth to help locate the missing fillies."

"Thank you, Rich."

"You're welcome, Princess."

Rich trots back to Diamond Tiara only to find her missing. She decides to run away from her dad. She doesn't go far. Diamond runs outside only for Princess Luna uses her magic to stop Diamond Tiara from running away. Princess Luna walks inside to give Rich his daughter back.

"I found your daughter trying to run away, Rich."

"Thank you, Princess Luna," Rich now gives Diamond Tiara another hard-boiled look.

"Can you send some Royal Guards to the boot camp of theirs? I think now is a good time to enlist her for the next semester."

"Of course. The sirs over there with the wagon shall take you and your daughter," Princess Luna points towards the stationary Royal Guards. "I shall come with you," Luna uses her magic to bind Diamond Tiara so she won't get any ideas of escaping. The Royal Guards fly Luna, Rich, and Diamond Tiara to Canterlot as Twilight starts creating teams of six to search for Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo.

PreviousChapters Next