• Published 10th Jan 2020
  • 1,135 Views, 20 Comments

Digimon: The Equestrian Digital Force (EDF) - TwinSwords79

  • ...
5
 20
 1,135

6: Meet the Dash's

[9:00AM] Dash Household

Rainbow was sitting on her bed just watching Veemon stuff his face with all the food she bought for him at the convenience store; she was not really amused.

Veemon stuffed two whole brownies in his mouth and chewed them up pretty loudly, but at least he was chewing with his mouth closed; he swallowed them and smiled at Dash. "Wow, Rain, if all this is what you ponies call junk food, then I'm happy to be a garbage dump!" He grabbed a cup of instant ramen that Dash already prepared for him, along with some chopsticks, and he began slurping up the wet noodles loudly. Rainbow kept watching him with an annoyed expression.

"He can only eat DigiBytes, huh...?" Rainbow said to herself. "This guy would eat anything I give him...on the plus side, at least he's not picky..."

"Dash, are you home!?" called a mature female voice; Rainbow gasped.

"Oh crap!" She grabbed Veemon, who kept holding the ramen very tightly in his hands and put him in her closet. "Stay in here, and this time keep very quiet!" She also brushed all of Veemon's snacks into the closet with her foot before closing the doors. She could still hear Veemon slurping his noodles loudly. "If you got to slurp, slurp quieter than that!"

The mare knocked and opened her room door and saw Rainbow was standing with her back facing against her closet doors with a nervous smile on her face. Her name was Windy Whistles; she wore an open orange zip-up jacket with a green collar over a white t-shirt, white jeans, and black flat-heeled shoes. "Rainbow!"

"Uhhh, Hi Mom..." Rainbow said nervously. "What's going on...?"

"Well, you're busted; that's what's going on missy, I've been worried sick. Where the hell have you been?!" exclaimed Windy, crossing her arms angrily.

"Uh...I've been hanging out with some friends?" Rainbow lied, sweating a bit out of nervousness.

"Rain...I know when you're lying to me." The mature mare replied, leaning in a little bit which made the teenager lean back.

"No, trust me, Mom, I've been spending time with some friends from school." Rainbow spurted out slightly, her mother slowly leaning away from her face.

Windy sighed and grabbed a mirror from Rainbow's dresser and put it up to the teen's face, showing her reflection to her. Rainbow saw that she had a small black and blue bruise under her right eye, most likely from Veemon when they were fighting.

"I don't know if you think I'm stupid, Rainbow," Windy stated. "You have been fighting again...every time you leave this house to hang out with friends, you always come back with some bruise, cut, or scrape...I know you've been getting into fights, but lately, all of this fighting you're doing is too much. What's going to happen if the police come knocking at the door with you in handcuffs because you couldn't control your temper, or you god-forbid punched someone without thinking?"

Rainbow fell silent as her mother slowly lowered the mirror and put it on the dresser. She took her daughter's hand and went to guide her to her bed. Dash was slightly hesitant because she's worried Veemon might fall out of the closet at some point. But she knew that if she fought back against her mother to stand in front of the closet again, she'd get suspicious.

They both sat down on the edge of Rainbow's bed, the mature pegasus looking at her daughter. "Dash, I understand that you miss your father dearly, but all of this fighting isn't going to make it any better. Why don't you tell me what's going on?"

"Mom, it's...it's complicated, you wouldn't understand..." Rainbow replied hesitantly, looking down at her feet.

"I know I wouldn't understand, Dash, because I'm not you. I don't have any idea what you're feeling right now. But I know that Bow's disappearance is hard; it's hard on all of us." Windy put her hand on her daughter's back. "The best thing we could do right now is to be strong and stick together, all three of us."

Rainbow softly smiled and nodded in agreement, knowing that her mother was right. Windy smiled back and kissed Rainbow's head, ruffling her mane as she stood up. "I'm gonna start cooking dinner in a few minutes." She then left Dash's room, closing the door.

While eating, Veemon watched through the slits of Rainbow's closet and listened to the whole conversation, whispering to himself. "There's three? Who's the third?" He was about to exit the closet, but he quickly stopped when he heard another knock at Rainbow's door.

Rainbow looked at the closet and held up her hand at Veemon, signaling him to stay there. "Come in."

The door opened to show a 12-year-old orange pegasus filly with a short purple tomboyish mane and a long tail. She wore a black open hoodie with a bright green t-shirt underneath, green cargo shorts, and black sneakers. "Hey Dash? Is it okay if I borrow your bike?"

"Oh uhh, sure, Scootaloo..." Rainbow replied with a small smile at her, feeling a little better after the talk she and Windy had.

"Great!" Scootaloo went over to Rainbow's closet. "Is your bike helmet in here?"

Rainbow gasped and stood up, holding her hand out toward Scootaloo when she grabbed the closet doorknob. "WAIT!!"

But it was too late; Scootaloo opened the closet, and Veemon tumbled out of it. He landed right on top of the 12-year-old, which in turn; caused her to fall onto her back with a thud, some of his snacks landing on either of them or the floor. Scootaloo looked up at Veemon's big red reptilian eyes, and the Digimon was looking back into her grayish-purple eyes.

There was a moment of silence in the room before Veemon broke it. "Uhm, Hello."

Almost on cue, Scootaloo screamed at the top of her lungs. She punched Veemon straight in the face, and the Digimon grunted in pain, getting off of her and running out of Dash's room.

"MOM!!! RAINBOW WAS HIDING A GIANT BLUE DRAGON MONSTER IN HER CLOSET!!!!" yelled Scootaloo.

Rainbow quickly got up from her bed and covered Scoots' mouth with her hand. The filly was squirming as she picked her up and threw her into her closet, and closed the door. She then quickly put her desk chair on the knobs so Scootaloo couldn't get out.

"RAINBOW!!!!" yelled Scootaloo as she was banging on the doors with both hands. "I HATE WHEN YOU DO THIS!!!!!!!"

Rainbow quickly raced out of her room and ran after Veemon, Windy Whistles coming out of her room and not seeing the cyan pegasus and the Digimon run downstairs. "What's with all the shouting?!"

While running down the stairs, Veemon lost his footing on one of the steps, which caused Rainbow to run into him and lose her footing. Both of them then tumbled down the rest of the stairs, hitting the front door, which caused it to swing open.

Rainbow and Veemon were both lying on the ground groaning in pain. Windy and Scootaloo ran toward the stairs, and Windy gasped as Scootaloo pointed to them. "See?! Rainbow was hiding a monster!!"

They then saw mint green shoes by Rainbow's head, and they both looked up, seeing that Lightning Dust was at the front door. The green pegasus looked down at the unconscious Rainbow and Veemon, putting her finger on her earpiece as she was reporting back to HQ.

"This is Agent Dust; I've found Dashlyn and Veemon...and it seems that her family is now aware of Veemon's existence. Should I proceed with erasing all of their memories?"

Author's Note:

Sheesh that took a long time, sorry for the wait lol

Comments ( 2 )

Worth the wait that was hilarious

10712887
Yep. Here I thought Davis and Veemon were funny, but this is hilarious. Will a new Impiraldramon appear in the story with a Burst Mode?

Login or register to comment