• Published 30th Nov 2019
  • 1,269 Views, 22 Comments

The F.a.S.T (Fantasy and Speculation Tournament) - VentesDemon



Discord pits heroes and villains from across time to battle in The Tournament….mostly for his amusement.

  • ...
2
 22
 1,269

Duel of the Sun

Round 2 Bracket 2-B


Earlier


A pop echoes through the air as Soarin appears before the Alicorns, his confused look quickly turning nervous upon seeing Princesses Celestia and Luna before rubbing his leg and flashing them a small smile. “Gotta say Princess, you sure know how to pick’em. That Sunset Shimmer is a pretty resourceful unicorn.” He blinks before looking at Daydream, his nervousness growing worst. “Not that you aren’t now!” He quickly adds, receiving a sympathetic smile from the human.

Princess Celestia steps forward. “You were superb out there, Commander Soarin. I truly believe you would’ve won the match were you up against someone other then Sunset Shimmer.” She smiles at the stallion as his nervous vibe quickly turns into one of pride and relief.

“Celestia, was that not the Sun behind her, from which she drew power from?” Luna asks, visible shocked that another pony was able to not only succeed at such a thing, but also cause the Sun to appear in the first place. “Just who is this Sunset Shimmer?”

“As I mentioned before, she was a former pupil of mine before Twilight. I saw in her a potential that could’ve granted her Alicornhood, and become my eventual successor.” She explains while looking over at Sunset talking with Sombra and Stygian. “However, unlike Twilight, Sunset Shimmer’s potential stems from…her connection to the Sun, represented by her Cutie Mark.”

“Her connection to…? Are you saying she’s related to you somehow?” Cadence asked, sharing a surprised look with Shining and Twilight.

The Sun Princess chuckles softly. “No, we are not related. Regardless, her connection to the Sun is what triggered the arena to summon one to the field when she tapped into it. And now that she has…” She shares a serious look with Soarin. “…she became much too dangerous for you to contend with. A unicorn with access to that kind of power and no understanding on how to control it is a truly dangerous opponent.”

“I can attest to that.” They all turn to look at Daydream, a sad smile on her face as memories of the Crown came to mind. “It was fortunate I didn’t have my horn in the human world. Otherwise, who knows what I could’ve done.”

“Sunset…did you know? Back then?” Twilight asks.

“Yeah, I did. It was the reason I turned on Celestia in the first place.” She unknowingly rubs her arm. “I felt she was holding me back because she didn’t like the idea of being replaced. Now I know, it was because I wasn’t ready for the burden.” She looks up and meets the eldest Alicorn’s eyes as she approaches her. Upon meeting, Celestia and Daydream embrace each other with smiles on their faces as Shining turns to Soarin with a smile.

“How does it feel, Soarin? Holding your own against a potential Princess of the Sun?”

“Not only that, but dominating the majority of the match as well.” Cadence adds, causing the Wonderbolt to flash them a easygoing smile.

“When you put it that way, it feels pretty good.” His smile turns into a sad one. “Although, Spitfire, Rainbow, and Magnus aren’t going to be too happy that a Wonderbolt didn’t make it at least to the semi-finals.”

“They got no right to complain if you ask me.” Shining counters as he stands beside him. “After all, you managed to outlast them. So be sure to rub it in their faces!” The two share a laugh and a hoof bump until Rockhoof appears, grabbing the two in a hug and lifting them into the air with a hearty laugh.

“Aye! And if you don’t, I’ll be sure to remind Flash Magnus every chance I get!”

“We both will.” Mage said, standing aways from the three. Suddenly, Discord pops in above them with a annoyed look on his face.

“Have we said our goodbyes yet?”

“Almost.” Soarin said as Rockhoof places the two stallions down, allowing him to face his fellow soldiers, giving them a sharp salute while also facing the rest of the remaining combatants. “Good luck in your matches, everyone. I’ll be sure to update everyone as soon as I can.” Shining and Rockhoof return the salute as Gallus watches in amazement, secretly trying to imitate the three stallions. The four princesses nod to the pony as everyone else cheer and wave until Discord snaps his claw, sending the remaining Wonderbolt back to his time.

Almost instantly, Discord turns to Celestia with an eager smile on his face. “You’re up, Celestia.”


Sunset Shimmer’s sudden return to the space causes Tirek to ‘awaken’, training his eyes on his companions while rising to his hooves, a hard look on his face. “Care to enlighten us with your plan, Cozy Glow? You seem so sure of yourself, given what we’ve learned of Celestia.”

“Done with your ‘nap’ Tirek?” Chrysalis taunts. “Has Discord’s tournament tuckered you out?” The centaur crosses his arms while keeping his attention on the tiny Alicorn.

Cozy smiles while laughing sinisterly. “I’m gonna make Celestia’s power my own.” This news causes Chrysalis to stare at her with surprise while Tirek leers.

“Is that so? Do you not recall what happened with Discord’s magic?”

“This is different!” Cozy snaps, driving her nose into his. “The Sun’s power will be much more easier to get a handle on then his.” She hovers away before looking at Celestia, her sinister smile returning. “Once I have that power then I’LL be the new Goddess of the Sun!” With that, she and Celestia vanish as Tirek and Chrysalis share a look.

“She doesn’t stand a chance.” Tirek predicts before turning to the platform. Chrysalis aims her gaze at Celestia as thoughts run through her mind.

“…the Sun’s power, hmm?” A smile slowly grows on her muzzle as Cozy Glow meets Celestia’s calm but stern eyes with a cocky grin on her face.

“I hope your ready to lose to me AGAIN, ‘Your Highness’!” Cozy mockingly bows to Celestia, their eyes never braking away. “I only wish that wrinkly old Starswirl was here to see me take you down!” Her words causes Luna, Twilight, and Tempest to scowl at the tiny Alicorn while Rockhoof tightens his grip on his shovel in anger as Mage stomps the ground, an angry glare on her face.

“You have fewer advantages in this fight, Cozy Glow.” Celestia replies sternly. “You have lost the element of surprise you’ve relied on and you no longer are in possession of Grogar’s Bell.” With a whoosh the eldest Alicorn flares out her wings in an intimidating fashion, causing Cozy to instinctually recoil away, her smile faltering slightly. “If you believe me to fall so easily, then your arrogance will cost you this match.” She spoke as if a teacher were scolding a student, her voice an even keel that delivered more impact then if she had shouted.

As they spoke the arena carries on its purpose by shifting into a dense forest on Celestia’s side that almost resembles the Everfree Forest with vines waving around the tree tops as large thorny roots thrash over the ground; the other half shifting into a simple cave entrance with crystals protruding from the stone face, eerily framing the cave entrance with their jagged shapes. Suddenly, a chunk of the arena launches from the ground and high into the sky, growing bigger and brighter the higher it got. Finally, at the height of its ascent, it completes the transformation into an exact replica of The Sun.

The combatants, along with Cozy, marvelled at how close The Sun was yet were surprised to discover they could not feel the orbs great heat. “I’m willing to bet it’s the barrier.” Gallus said as he taps the barrier before him as Discord appears behind him.

“My, my. Aren’t you observant.” Discord said with a smirk. “Am I witnessing the rise of the next Twilight Sparkle?” He vanishes just before Gallus could glare at him as Gilda and Smoulder laugh at their friend while Twilight glares at a chuckling Shining. The arena finally ready, the two Alicorns vanish from the platform and reappear in the centre where tree branches and crystal spires reach over them, the Sun casting their shadows over the two.

Almost immediately, Cozy Glow began to sweat profusely, no longer protected within the platforms barrier. She struggles to remain in the air while Celestia took a moment to observe the arena, casting a suspicions look towards the cave behind her young opponent. “What could be waiting in there, I wonder.”

“Something exciting, I hope.” Discord said, appearing between the two with the goofiest smile. “You have NO idea how excited I am to see you in action, Celestia.” He said as Cozy’s horn lights up, its red aura surrounds her body shielding her from the heat. “I missed your battle with Luna and Chrysalis, so I’m not gonna miss a second of this one!” He said with excitement before raising his claw up. “Are you two ready?”

Celestia’s eye twitched at the reminder of her past, releasing a sigh of annoyance before taking a calming breath. She stood in a combative stance with her horn aglow and her wings spread out, aiming a stern look at Cozy.

The tiny filly glares angrily at her elder, her horn still aglow. “I hope you put up a better fight then that old fossil did!” Her scowl flips into a grin. “BECAUSE I WON’T BE TAKING IT SO EASY ON YOU!” With a flash of her horn Cozy’s red aura began to waver, causing Celestia’s eyes to widen in shock.

“Cozy Glow, don’t be a fool! That spell…You’ll destroy yourself if you use it!” Celestia cries out, desperately as red tendrils shot out from Cozy’s aura, piercing through the overcasting fauna and striking the Sun directly.

“DISCORD, START THE MATCH!” Luna commands, utilizing her Canterlot Voice. “ALLOW MY SISTER TO CEASE THIS!”

“I…I can’t.” Discord replies through his clinched teeth. “Cozy’s…not ready!” Just then, the tendrils began to leech large amounts of power from the Sun, coursing it right into Cozy giving her magic aura an orange tint to the red glow.

“Where in Equestria did she learn to do that?” Tirek asks aloud, anger and shock radiating from his voice. “She’s only been an Alicorn for a few hours!”

“…that slimy little BRAT!” Sunset Shimmer shouts, startling Lightning and Stygian, causing the other villains to look to her. “She must’ve overheard us!”

“Overheard what?” Sombra asks as Cozy’s body begins to grow, the reddish-orange aura concealing the transformation.

“Nightmare Moon…she told me of a spell that will let me use the Sun to become an Alicorn!”

“There’s a spell for that?” Midnight screams in excitement as Cozy matches the height of Celestia.

“That looks nothing like any ascension spell I’ve read about!” Stygian said with an angry look on his face having to witness such a gross use of magic.

“It’s not!” Sunset explains, just as angry. “Her inexperience has twisted it into that sloppy, leeching, monstrous THING of a spell!” Everyone watches as all but one of the tendrils detaches from the Sun and return to the fully grown Cozy Glow as the magic aura dissipates. Her coat was a brighter pink while her front curls remain; the rest of her mane and tail having become ethereal, much like Celestia’s, with streaks of yellow running through the light blue. A crown of red and bright orange sat behind her horn with a chest piece and shoes of similar color adorn her body, all of them complimenting the most surprising change of all.

“Her…her Cutie Mark…” Twilight said in disbelief. A bright orange and yellow Sun had appeared behind the rook, causing the Alicorn’s eyes to widen. “Does this mean…her spacial talent has…changed?”

Cozy Glow allows a maniacal smile to grow on her muzzle as she stares down Celestia and Discord. “Okay, Discord.” She spoke with a deeper voice, flapping her wings to hover over them with her horn aglow. “I’m Ready!”

From her position Celestia shares a look with Discord for a brief moment before returning her steely eyes back to Cozy, lighting up her horn for battle as Discord teleports back between the two opponents with a pop, raising his claw while shooting Cozy with an angry look. “Let the next match…” He looks back at the onlookers as Celestia and Cozy meet each others stares, their horns glowing brighter. “…BEGIN!” Chopping his claw Discord vanishes seconds before the two Alicorns let out a shout, unleashing large beams of magic at each other, the collision rocking the arena enough to crack the crystal pillars and thick tree branches that hung overhead. As the seconds tick by, Cozy’s position began to take its toll on Celestia, pushing her beam back towards her.

Suddenly, the elder pony’s face grew stern as she bent her legs then, with a mighty flap of her wings she leaps straight up into the air, braking away from the struggle. The combined attacks struck the ground where she stood as Celestia holds the stunned Cozy’s gaze while flipping around, making her hooves crash into a thick overhanging branch with enough force to crack as it bends upward. A split second after making contact with it Celestia pushes off the branch, launching herself straight at Cozy Glow at high speeds thanks to her large wingbeats. Within the blink of an eye she closes the distance between them, slamming into Cozy before she could fire off another blast and carried her right into the wall behind her opponent, crashing into the stone wall, leaving a crater in the rock.

“Stop this, Cozy Glow!” Celestia practically pleads, holding her against the wall with her muzzle inches away, her eyes stern but sadden. “You have no idea how to control that stolen power!” She pushes Cozy more, causing the crater to widen. “Relinquish the Sun’s power or it will destroy you!”

Cozy just smiles at her with a sinister grin. “Says who?” Her scarlet eyes vanish within a hot white glow as her horn lights up; her hoof ignites with a orange flame before swinging it at Celestia. Faster then anyone thought possible her hoof rose to block the oncoming attack, causing Tirek and Chrysalis to gasp in surprise. One of Cozy’s eyes twitch before shouting out a cry, her eyes glowing yellow right before beams shot out of them, hitting the surprised mare and knocking her away with a cry of pain. Her cry caused Daydream, Luna and Twilight to rush to the barrier with Cadence and Shining close behind, forcing Smoulder, Gallus and Gilda to take to the air. As they hover above them Ember, Spike, and Pharynx joins them while Tempest and Autumn Blaze gather beside Twilight along with Rutherford while Steven rests beside Mage and Rockhoof, all of them in awe at the level of skill Cozy has shown.

“I don’t get it!” Smoulder shouts, her eyes narrow in anger. “She was originally a pegasus! How did Cozy Glow get so good at using magic so quickly?”
“It’s not that farfetched.” Cadence replies from below her. “Pegasi do have their own form of magic after all.” She taps her chin. “Actually, seeing Cozy this adept so quickly reminds me of how fast I got use to my new magic.”

Smoulder, Gallus and Gilda all blink before gawking down at the Princess of Love. “Wait! YOU were a Pegasus too?” They all shout. Cadence simply winks at them while sticking her tongue out in a cute gesture. A huge explosion draws their attention back to the arena; the tree line that marks the forests entrance was chard with embers and smoke wafting through the air from the burnt trees, save for the few that were behind Celestia and her conjured shield, her scowl never faltering as Cozy Glow remains in the air laughing like a maniac over her power.

“This is incredible! The Power! The power of the Sun at my command!” She said before going into another bought of laughter as Celestia’s shield fades away. “To think, I had once settled for something as juvenile as the Magic of Friendship! But this!” Her body suddenly bursts into yellow flame, growing so hot the crystals around her began to melt while the branches ignite. She turns her white hot eyes, her pupils barely visible, on Celestia. “With power like this, It’s a wonder you ever lost a fight!”

The Princess of the Sun glares at Cozy then snorts in disgust at the young ponies brazen use of her power that, for a spit second, her iris’ flash golden while her pupils shift into slits. She blinks, causing her eyes to return to normal as she ignites her horn then vanishing in a flash of light.

Cozy’s grin grows more crazed. “You think you can hide your movements with a simple—” As she spoke Cozy turns around, just as another flash of light burst behind her, her horn ready to blast Celestia only to find no one there. “—spell?” She blinks in confusion when suddenly Celestia appears right behind her; using simple flash spells to distract Cozy she used the Sun’s power to increase her nature speed, using her wings to take to the air so fast she appeared to have teleported, finally reappearing once Cozy’s defences were lowered.

In the time Cozy turns her eye towards her, Celestia had thrown a heavy right hook, socking the pony in the jaw, sending her crashing into the ground with an impact that shook everything in the area, the force of it knocking over many of the creatures watching; Twilight Sparkle, been forced to the ground along with Autumn Blaze looks out towards Celestia when Spike lands beside her as Luna and Tempest stood around them, having kept their footing. The unicorn was dumbfounded by Celestia’s show of strength as Luna held her barely contained fury at Cozy’s theft of the Sun’s power. Daydream, having the forethought to hover in the air after discovering her former teachers intent when she saw her rocket towards Cozy once she had turned, struggles to register how she should be feeling; having abandoned Celestia’s teachings she eventually obtained her current power over the most powerful force known in Equestria, temporary though it may be. Yet, if she hadn’t she might one day have earned the power of the very Sun itself. The power currently on display in front of her left Daydream awestruck, as she knew there was much, much more to come.

Shining Armor and Cadence supported each other during the impact, enabling them to ride it out without falling over. They stood amazed to have witness the rare site of Celestia using physical violence. “Aunty…” Cadence mutters, so much fear and sadness coming off that one word.

“This is beyond what I imagined she could do.” Shining admits. “Though…I’m starting to see why she holds herself back.”

“Yak tired of falling over.” Prince Rutherford grumbles as Mage and Rockhoof help in back to his hooves. Having helped the Yak right himself Mage looks out to the arena as the dust begins to settle while Celestia hovers in the air, her eyes never leaving the spot Cozy crashed through.

“It’s amazing the strength of character those two have.” Mage said as Rutherford, Rockhoof and Steven gather around her. “Ta posses that kind of power at all and remain so caring and selfless. Starswirl has surely taught them well.”

“Aye, Mage. Watching their matches…has certainly humbled me.” Rockhoof said, a sad smile on his muzzle. The three creatures gaze at the Pillar of Strength with concern.

“Now, now, Rockhoof. Don’t let it get you down!” Steven said while lowering his head to his level. “Remember what you told the adorable Changeling girl about true strength?”

“HA!” Rockhoof laughs out, his sad smile shifting into a huge grin. “Fret not, my Friends! Witnessing the Princesses battles has only encouraged me to give my future battles everything I have!” He turns towards Rutherford and grins. “Prepare yourself, Prince Rutherford! I shall not be holding back!”

“Nether will Yak, Rockhoof!” Rutherford replies, his smirk matching his future opponent.

The ground shook, causing loose leaves to break free from branches and crystals and chips of stone to tumble down the caves rock face. Celestia remains in the air on guard as cracks spread out from the crater before a white glow shone from them; the temperature rose, melting the ground and plant life close by as Cozy’s enraged cry slowly bleeds out of the crater until suddenly, an explosion of burning magic erupts from the crater along with Cozy Glow, completely engulfed in bright yellow flames as her dark scarlet eyes glow violently, radiating as much rage as heat. “That…HURT!” She said slowly, flapping her wings to reach Celestia’s level. “I’m gonna hurt you SO MUCH WORST!” Cozy rushes Celestia, faster then most could follow and connects a hoof to her opponents snout, knocking her head back as drops of blood fly through the air before burning up near instantaneously. Acting quickly, Celestia used the momentum and delivers a kick right into Cozy’s stomach, completely unfazed by the flaming aura and knocking the wind out of her. In that moment, the two mares lock eyes as their emotions flair up into a burning rage that fed off Cozy’s desire to win and Celestia’s drive to save the mare.

Suddenly, the two of them rush each other so fast they leave behind mirages depicting them engaged in their violent dance, spread out throughout the arena as the other combatants watch in frustration. “This is starting to get ridiculous!” Tirek expresses with a dark look. “I’ll never understand these ponies and their insistent need to hold back!”

“Curse that Celestia!” Chrysalis shouts as Daydream creates another window to view the fight, earning her an angry glare from the former Queen. “Leading me to believe I overpowered her when she wasn’t even trying! To insult me further by revealing this vast strength and robbing me of my victory!” She shouts while slamming both hooves to the ground, cracking it. Meanwhile, the Storm King and Midnight watch the mirages with deranged glee.

“That’s it! That’s the power I want!” Midnight expresses, a crazed smile on her face. “Two more rounds and it will be mine!”

“You go ahead and settle.” The Storm King said, admiring the Staff of Sacanas. “This here baby will take me straight to the top! HA!” Just then, something finally clicks in Midnight. She slowly turns her head to the satyr.

“That staff…” This gets the Storm Kings attention as Midnight fully faces him. “…has more magic! Give it to me!” The Storm King brandishes the Staff in a defensive manner, drawing Discord’s attention. But, before he could snap his fingers King Sombra steps between the two, giving the crazed girl a stern look.

“Settle down, Midnight.” He commands, a wisp of purple flashes from his eyes. “That staff is not worth the trouble.”

Midnight blinks in surprise. “How can YOU say that? That staff has the power to control the Sun and Moon!”

“Perhaps.” He replies, giving the Staff a disdainful sideways glance. “However, to rely on simple objects, no matter how powerful they may be, is folly.” Both the Storm King and Midnight grow angry.

“Excuse me?” The Storm King steps towards Sombra. “What’s folly is ticking me off when I have this Staff!”

“THAT STAFF IS MINE!” Midnight shouts, spreading her wings. “I won’t let you have it!”

The two of them recoil away as the Dark King begins to laugh as though he had just heard a humorous joke. “Rest assured, Midnight Sparkle. I have no desire to posses such a worthless trinket. Should I ever do so, I will gladly pass it on to you.”

“TRINKET!?” The Storm King shouts.

“That’s awfully arrogant of you to say, Sombra.” Chrysalis comments with a smug look. “Given your history, I’d have thought you would have more respect for magical artifacts.”

“Do not try to understand how my mind works, Chrysalis.” He flashes her his own cocky grin. “Your simple mind cannot even begin to comprehend it.” He turns back to Midnight as Chrysalis glares at the pony. “Relaying on power not your own will lead to your own downfall.” He stares into Midnight’s eyes until she concedes with a hmph before turning back towards the arena.

“You’re just jealous cause you don’t have my Staff!” The Storm King jabs while twirling it around until he meets the dark pony’s eyes as a smile grows along his muzzle.

“Believe what you wish, creature.” He returns his gaze to the dueling Alicorns with a flap of his cape. “I shall enjoy watching my prediction come to pass.”


A boom rocks the arena when Celestia crashes to the ground with a slide, the result tearing up the solid rock beneath her, her enraged eyes glare up at Cozy cackling above her as the forest nearly burns away beside her. “Your time is over, Celestia! Now that I know this spell, I’ll use it once I return and rule over the entire world as the NEW Goddess of the Sun!” Tirek and Chrysalis exchange concern looks as she laughs aloud, the tether growing thick and bright behind her catching the elder Alicorns attention; through her connection to the Sun she was forced to endure Cozy’s leeching of its power in such a invasive way that brought her blood to a boil with rage. In the blink of an eye Celestia moves from her spot on the ground to the tether, her horn glowing with an aura of magic the resembles a blade intending to sever the parasitic connection. However, much to both their surprise the tether avoids the slash on its own, leaving Celestia dumbfounded for a moment and victim to a savage hoof to her snot by the deranged Cozy, sending her crashing through what remains of the forest and shaking the ground with her impact once again. “STAY AWAY FROM MY POWER!” Raising even higher above everyone with her hooves above her head Cozy quickly creates a large ball of solar magic that nearly eclipses the Sun behind her and hurls it at her opponent with a ear-shattering scream.

Many of the creatures watching shield their eyes from the blinding power of it, save for Daydream, Luna, Sunset, Midnight, and Discord who watch as the orb crashes into the ground with a force that rocks the two spaces, filling the air with the sounds of crackling flames and rushing winds as its overwhelming force threaten to incinerate the musicians stand. “Discord!” Daydream shouts as she points at them, prompting him to quickly return them to their point in time.

“What in Equestria is going on?” Shining Armor calls out, shielding Cadence with his body, giving her enough protection to let her open an eye slightly.

“I don’t know! It’s too bright to see!” She shouts back.

“Cozy Glow means to crush my sister with a large concentration of the Sun’s power!” The Princess of the Night states as sweat streams down from her brow, unaccustomed to such a large amounts of heat.

“Wait! You can see whats happening?” Ember calls out trying to use her arms to shield her eyes as she too begins to sweat profusely.

“Yes. And what I see concerns me greatly! Discord!” The draconequus looks to the younger sister. “Strengthen the barriers before we all burn!”

“Allow me!” Daydream said as power radiates from her hands before thrusting them at the barrier that separate the arena from the two spaces, the power of the Elements imbuing it with greater strength that not only blocks out the heat but also the glaring brightness. The creatures finally able to see once more, marvel at the power of the Elements while those in the villain space fume over it.

Including Discord.

“Alright missy!” Discord appears before her once she finished strengthening the barrier. “I’ll let you have that one, ONLY because you…protected me…” He whispers that part. “But don’t think I’ll let it slide the next time! Got it!”

“I got it, Discord.” She replies with a giggle just before a blood curtly scream is heard coming from the forest.

“Princess Celestia!” Twilight cries out in horror along side Spike, Shining, and Cadence while the other creatures look on in various states of worry as Luna presses against the barrier.

Despite her grievance with her old mentor Sunset Shimmer was compelled to reach out for Celestia, having never heard the mare cry out in pain like that before. This prompts Lightning Dust to land beside her and drape a wing over her.

“Ah. What a sweet sound. I’ll be sure to remember this day whenever I need a melody to sleep to.” Sunset’s eyes harden before shooting a glare at Chrysalis who wore a content smile on her muzzle but before she could ripe into the changeling the cry of pain began to change.

Gradually the cry slowly became a laugh, catching everyone there off guard even more so then the large orb of magic began to shrink before them. The laugh eventually grew more maniacal causing Twilight’s eyes to dilate in fear along with Luna’s as recognition took hold.

“Is it just me or is that laugh giving anyone else the creeps?” Autumn Blaze asks as she huddles closer against Tempest as both she and Pharynx instinctively stand on guard.

“That laugh…is worst then Cozy’s!” Gallus mutters as Gilda places her arm around the younger griffin as Smoulder backs into Ember out of fear, the Dragon Lord steps around her in an attempt to protect her young charge.

“Seeing this would…break Starswirl’s heart.” Mage said in a pained voice as she brushes against Rockhoof with Rutherford standing on her other sided with Steven huddled behind them. The two warriors wearing stern expression as everyone watches the orb finally vanishes, leaving a lone figure standing in the middle of what use to be a forest laughing in much the same way Cozy was moments before. The leeching Alicorn lands outside the ruined forest with a concern look on her face as Tirek, Chrysalis and the Storm King look on in awe at the drastic transformation before them.

“You… You’re not…Celestia.” Cozy said, unable to keep the fear out of her voice. Shaking her head she stomps the ground in a fit of rage, cracking the ground around her hoof. “Who are you?”

“Poor, poor, Cozy. Too arrogant to recognize a pony far superior to yourself.” The voice that spoke was a harsher imitation of Celestia’s that came out of her muzzle full of sharp teeth as her orange reptilian eyes pierce through Cozy’s glare. “I am Daybreaker! Queen of the Sun!” Her flaming mane and tail ripples with fiery grace as she starts walking forward, her new armor resting perfectly on her form with her wings spread out. “And you need a lesson in KNOWING YOUR PLACE!” With that she flings herself at Cozy, crashing into the unsuspecting mare and carrying them both into the crystal cave, the two of them sliding across the floor until Cozy throws her off with scream before righting herself.

“You think you’re superior? HAH! You can’t even use the Sun’s full power without transforming into a FREAK!”

“A freak, am I?” Daybreaker grins sinisterly at Cozy while igniting her horn to illuminate the crystal cave. “Why don’t we cast some light on you for a moment.” She fires a spell at multiple crystals, enchanting them to show moments throughout the young filly’s life. “See what makes you tick.” Cozy began to sweat as she looks from one crystal to another, unaware of a window appearing behind her

Discord floats above the other combatants as a jumbo screen floats above the arena showing them what was happening inside the cave. “I’m not about to let another Alicorn princess have their match in private.” He said with a humph before giving Luna and Cadence a dirty look, earning him a few chuckles as Luna ignores him and Cadence blows a raspberry at him.

“What did you do? What are these?” Cozy asks fearfully, her eyes moving from one crystal to another.

“Funny thing about that sad excuse of a spell you cast. It works both ways.” Daybreaker told her with an evil grin. “While it lets you leech off my Sun’s power, It also gave me a way into your mind.” She trots to the closest crystal, a memory of a group of ponies laughing together and ignoring Cozy. “Including your memories.”

Cozy felt a knife go through her heart at the sight before her, reminded of her time living in Fillydelphia and the school she went to there. Her school mates often leaving her out of their games because she was living in the orphanage. Another crystal showing two ponies placing her down and leaving just as quickly, barely looking in her direction while another window shows her crying in an alley as a newspaper floats by revealing Twilight’s School of Friendship, crumpling it between her hooves as she swore to eliminate friendship and magic from the world. “Poor little Cozy.” Daybreaker said while she approached her. “So weak and alone. Trying so desperately to show everyone your worth.” She charges her horn as she drew closer, Cozy to distracted by her past to notice. “Only to prove how WORTHLESS you really are!” Cozy’s eyes widen, turning to see her opponent unleashing a powerful blast towards her. A strong barrier surrounds her just before Daybreaker unleashes her attack, the force of it pushing Cozy back gradually. Her horn and eyes ablaze Cozy shouts as her barrier explodes around her, disrupting the blast as well as destroying some of the crystals along with a section of the caves roof. Still grinning a menacing smile Daybreaker recovers just as Cozy charges her, the two of the them locking horns with each other while their combined heat slowly melts everything around them.

“I. Am Not. WORTHLESS!” Cozy screams, bringing her hoof up to deliver a heavy hit to Daybreaker’s chin. This breaks them apart and leaves the elder Alicorn open for her to tackle the stunned mare through the cave’s roof and back out into the open arena. Once recovered, Daybreaker grabs Cozy and—using her wings—flips them over, positioning themselves to crash into the ground with Cozy taking the brunt of the impact, gasping in pain as the ground cracks under the force of the crash.

“Oooo. That looked like it hurt.” Storm King said, visibly flinching in mock concern before a smile crosses his face. “Hope it did!” He laughs to himself until he gets a hoof to the stomach by Tirek, the centaur giving him a look that convinced him to keep his mouth shut. Returning his attention to the match Tirek had a difficult time feeling concern for the annoying filly. While not a friendship by any means the two of them had formed a bond that was more akin to an uncle and niece, which irritated him to no end.

Chrysalis, meanwhile was more infuriated with Celestia then concerned for Cozy. “Is there no end to her insufferableness!” She shouts with a stomp, watching Cozy struggle underneath the newly dubbed ‘Daybreaker’.

“Agreed. This power of hers dwarfs what I had absorbed before.” Tirek crosses his arms in irritation. “These ponies and their strange need to hold back are beyond understanding.” Meanwhile, Lightning and Stygian stand awestruck beside them with the site of Daybreaker demolishing their preconceived notions about Celestia.

“Such overflowing power. Is this why you were chosen to teach them?” The unicorn spoke barely a whisper, a memory of Starswirl flashes through his mind.

“Wow. Uh…never thought Princess Celestia would go all Nightmare Moon like that.” She blinks before nervously looking around her. “Good thing she’s not here to see this, eh Sunset?” She turns to her friend who stood between the two ponies still under her wing, frozen. “Uh, Sunset?”

“I…I had no idea…” Her eyes were glued to the creature that used to be Princess Celestia, her monstrous form forcing the mare to see not only her in a new way but also her teachings, recognizing the reasoning behind them. Even as her newly earned friend tightens her wing’s hold on her, gently drawing her closer to the pegasus, Sunset couldn’t keep the tears from escaping her eyes as all the hatred and anger she held for the mare drains away with each tear. “I’m…I’m so sorry. Celestia!” She shouts out, drawing the attention of her human counterpart along with Luna and Twilight, all of them having an expression of disbelief on their faces. Sadly, her heartfelt call fell on deaf ears, for Daybreaker’s attention was completely on the struggling Cozy Glow beneath her.

“You’ve been very amusing to torment, child.” She said in a motherly tone that sent chills down Cozy’s spine, unable to throw the mare off her despite her newly stolen power. “But I’ve grown bored of this ‘match’ of ours. So I’ll be taking my power back.” Cozy’s eyes widen as Daybreaker’s horn began to glow as she magically grabs the tether.

“No! You Can’t! This power is MINE!” She charges her horn ready to hit the Alicorn with everything she had when a hoof slams into her muzzle disrupting her spell and causing her nose to bleed, the red fluid burning up before hitting the ground.

“Wrong, little filly.” She said while placing her hoof on the grown filly’s horn, a crazed look appearing on her face as she lowers her muzzle down while tightening her magical grip on the tether. “This power you stole belongs to ME!” Suddenly and simultaneously Daybreaker cuts the tether that leeched of the faux Sun and snapped Cozy Glow’s horn clean off, the mare letting out a terrible scream that shook everyone there while Tirek’s arms fall to his side with a pained look and Tempest instinctively took a step back, bringing a hoof to her own broken horn as a pain shot through her.

“That poor child….” Mage Meadowbrook sadly breathes after screaming along with Cozy when her horn was broken right in front of her and being unable to do anything to help.

“That was far too cruel for anyone to have done!” Rockhoof saids loudly with a stomp of his shovel. “Even if she was a villain, no one deserves that kind of abuse!”

“I’d never thought I’d say this but, poor Cozy Glow.” Smoulder said as she clutches her claws, barely able to keep herself from turning away when Cozy began to shake as her body grew brighter. “What’s happening to her?” The sound of Daybreaker laughing fills the air as the glowing body of Cozy Glow began to shrink below her until she finally returns to her normal size, shaking in pain and pitifully covering the stub that was her horn.

“I…I….I give….” Cozy tried to speak through the pain from her missing horn and the soreness of her throat from that last scream. “I…giv…give…u…u…ah!” A crimson glow appears around the filly’s throat, choking her as she floats up to meet Daybreaker’s crazed eyes.

“What do you think you’re doing, Child? We’re not done yet.” She said to the fearful filly

“Cozy!” Both Smoulder and Twilight call out as the young dragon slams into the barrier, getting drowned out by the roaring fury of Tirek as he too slams against the invisible wall.

“Release her NOW, Celestia!” He roars with another slam startling Chrysalis and making her along with Lightning, Sunset and Stygian back away from the raging centaur. “Or you will answer to me!”

“You surprise me, Tirek. I was unaware you had developed an ‘attachment’ to Cozy.” The Changeling said with a jabbing tone, earning her a rage filled leer that manages to frightened her.

“You still need to be punished for taking what’s mine!” Daybreaker said as her glowing horn flashes, conjuring a jagged blade before the terrified filly.

“That’s quite enough.” A snap rings out throughout the void before the arena returns to its gelatinous form, returning the faux Sun to itself as Cozy vanishes from the Alicorn’s grip and into Discord’s claws with her horn restored, as he floats in front of the barrier. “This match is over.” He said with a tone that left no room for argument.

Daybreaker stares at the Lord of Chaos with an annoyed look on her face until it changes into a challenging smile. “It ends when I allow it.” Her horn shines brighter then the sun blinding everyone, teleporting Cozy back to her then trapping her in a magical bubble as a spell fires from her horn to the gelatinous mass, transforming it into a faux Sun then raising it above everyone. The heat was too much for even Discord, forcing him behind the Elements enhanced barrier, but even then that wasn’t enough to hold back the intense heat that came from the faux Sun. Daydream Shimmer, Luna, Cadence and Twilight all dash forward to add their power to the barrier as well as Discord. Pharynx and Tempest tried to add theirs to the effort, only to find they couldn’t overcome the space’s magic blocking enchantment.

“Discord, let us help!” Tempest calls out as Spike, Ember, Smoulder, Autumn and Steven help the other creatures move to the back of the space, behind the others.

“I can’t! I’m using everything I have right now!” He grunts as he, Daydream and the Princesses struggle to keep back the heat. Tempest growls in frustration as both she and Pharynx join the rest of the creatures, the sense of uselessness filling her.

The crazed Alicorn laughs as she watches them resisting her awesome power. “Fools! Haven’t you realized! There is no force in existence more powerful then MY SUN!” She continues her laughter while launching another spell at the faux Sun making it grow even more as thus increasing the heat.

“Is that so?” Suddenly a dark mist floats into the barrier giving it a dark purple tint as King Sombra and Midnight Sparkle step forward, her expression matching Daybreaker’s. “You forget, ‘Daybreaker’. All things begin and end within the DARK!” His horn crackles with power before launching his own power into the barrier along with Midnight.

“Your power is going to be MINE crazy, winged unicorn!” Her hands glow blue with a light glow of purple, launching her blast at the barrier and adding her strength to the defence, the action making Daydream flash her a smile.

Stygian, along with Lightning, Sunset, Chrysalis and the Storm King also retreats to the back of the space as Tirek stayed by the barrier, his concern for Cozy Glow giving him the push to overcome the spaces enchantment and include his vast power to the struggle before Sombra and Midnight had. As sweat streams down his brow a thought suddenly comes to him. “Storm King! Your Staff holds power over the Sun, correct?”

“Yeah. What of it?”

“YOU IMBECILE!” Chrysalis shouts. “Use that thing to stop her!”

“Don’t call me an imbecile, bug face! I’ve already tried that!” He point the Staff at the growing sun with no effect. “The stupid space is keeping me from using it!”

“Great! So we’re hosed!” Lightning said as she tries to shield Sunset by standing in front of her with her wings spread out, the unicorn unable to look away from Daybreaker.

“Not necessarily!” Stygian says then shouts. “Sombra! Midnight! Daydream! Discord!” All four creatures look to the Pony of Shadows. “Make an opening in the barrier!”

“WHAT!” Multiple creatures shout out followed by Smoulder slamming into the barrier that separates the two spaces. “You WANT to burn to a crisp?”

“We can use the Staff of Sacanas!” Tempest’s eyes widen in understanding along with Luna, Cadence and Spike.

“Of course!” Twilight shouts as she struggles to stay standing. “But…is the Storm King strong enough?”

“And can we really trust him?” Tempest adds as she stands beside the Smoulder.

The Storm King points the Staff at her. “You’re one to talk, traitor!”

“What choice do we have?” Stygian says getting between the two. “It is the only thing we have that can challenge Daybreaker!” Tempest grunts with disgust as she reluctantly agreed with him.

“Alright!” Daydream shouts, turning her head to look back at Stygian and the Storm King. “Get ready to use that thing, creep!” He gives her a blank look as she looks back at the barrier. “All right, you three! On my mark!” King Sombra and Discord give her a nod as Midnight glares at her. “Now!”


“How amusing it is to see pathetic creatures prolong the inevitable.” Cozy barely heard the mad ‘Queen of the Sun’ say, too lost in her own thoughts to give anything else much notice. As brief as it was the time in the cave with her memories on display like that really cut her deeply, causing a long forgotten pain to resurface within her. Since the day she was abandoned by her parents Cozy Glow had built a wall around her heart, never allowing anypony to get close to her no matter how nice they appeared to be. This continued into her early school years where, after a while, the other fillies and colts stopped trying to befriend her and simply left her alone. It was then she was told she would be transferring to a new school in Ponyville, once again flaring up her fears of abandonment. Even though she kept the ponies around her at a distance, the orphanage was the only home she had ever known. Being told she was leaving made her snap out in anger before flying away until her wings gave out from exhaustion, crashing near an alley. Tired and alone she had crawled into the alley and let out all the built up emotions for what felt like days. Eventually, the wind blew a newspaper against her with a picture of Princess Twilight and her friends standing in front of a school, together and happy. She hated them for having what she didn’t and vowed then that she would take what they have and be the new Princess of Friendship.

‘No. The EMPRESS of Friendship!’ After that proclamation she returned to the orphanage and agreed to go to Ponyville, adopting her current persona of a sweet little filly after letting go of all her negative emotions. It was then her Cutie Mark appeared. The adults believed it meant she was to support the Princesses and rushed to get her to Ponyville and into the School of Friendship, not knowing the truth behind it was her ability to manipulate others.

“Oh? What’s this? You Dare try to control MY SUN?” Cozy, protected by the bubble that she was trapped in couldn’t feel the unbearable heat of the ever-growing sun, nor did she care. She was in too much pain to care about…

“I’ll make you pay, Celestia!” The sound of the new voice reaching her ear, Cozy turns to see Tirek through a small opening of the now purple tinted barrier looking up at her with a look she hadn’t seen…since the three of them recovered Grogar’s Bell.

“Tirek?” Seeing his face along with hearing the concern in his voice triggers a memory within her mind, but not when she was ever with Tirek. Her mind took her back to that night her parents left her at the orphanage, the both of them wore cloaks but she was able to she her mother who she took after. Her mother smiled down at her before going to give the newborn Cozy a kiss but was stopped by her father, urging her to hurry. With a pained expression on her face her mother places her down before looking up in horror and running off joining her father. Seconds after a giant, furry beast lands close to them with a spear, her father giving the beast a threatening glare similar to the one Tirek was giving Daybreaker. The memory ends with her parents running off with the beast giving chance, the last thing she sees is the symbol on the beasts shoulder, two blue lines like lightning bolts that form a creatures head.


“IT’S…NOT…WORKING!”

Sunset stood her ground in front of Lightning Dust and Stygian using a shield spell to protect them from the heat that was coming through the opening in the barrier, disrupting the no magic enchantment and allowing her to use hers. Stygian had tried to use his own magic as well as the power of Shadow he had, but both were not strong enough to be of any help as the Shadow’s power is weakest in the light of the Sun. Chrysalis stood by herself with a shield of her own while the Storm King stood behind her in order to use the Staff against Daybreaker. “ARE YOU EVEN TRYING?” Lightning yells from behind her constantly using her wings to fan them.

“NO! I’M TAKING MY LEISURELY TIME! OF COURSE I’M TRYING!” He shouts while trying to use the Staff to reduce the suns size but not getting anywhere with it.

“DAYBREAKER MUST BE INTERFERING!” Stygian concludes, trying to use what little magic he can use to help Sunset stay cool by conjuring a fan beside her head.

“Chrysalis, help the Storm King!” Shining Armor says as he uses his own shield spell to protect the creatures in his space.

“I DON”T TAKE ORDERS FROM—!”

“Oh, for the Hives sack! Just DO IT!” Pharynx shouts, adding his power to Shining’s shield along with Tempest.

“You miserable little…! FINE!” Finally, Chrysalis backs up to stand beside the Storm King and drops the shield before adding her magic to the Staff. A few tense moments later the heat begins to lessen as the faux Sun starts to shrink.

“It’s working!” Spike says as he flies closer to Twilight still struggling.

“YOU DARE!” The group of creatures look up to see Daybreaker head straight for the opening in the barrier.

“SHE’S COMING!” Lightning shouts as she moves to grab Sunset when the ground shakes from Tirek stomping his hoof causing a slab of stone to shoot out of the ground and strike the Alicorn just before she passes through, knocking her back and giving the Storm King and Chrysalis the chance to shrink the sun more. With more of the heat gone Sunset lets her shield down as Tirek grabs the chunk of stone and throw it through, hitting Daybreaker and helping to shrink the sun again.

“You Brute!” She yells then launches a blast of magic that Tirek counters with his own, clashing with her for a few moments before she starts to overpower him.

“Hurry up, you two! I can’t hold her back much longer!” Tirek tells them as he digs his hooves in.

“Allow me to assist!” Stygian moves to stand beside Chrysalis and the Storm King, taking the form of the Pony of Shadows and earning him a look from the both of them. “Let us CRUSH this False Sun!” He booms out while adding his dark power to the Staff, the extra power hastening the Sun’s shrinkage. King Sombra takes this opportunity to look back at the creature of legend, letting a wisp of his dark tail drift through the air and collide into the Pony of Shadows leg, merging into its dark form without anyone noticing.

“ENOUGH OF THIS!” Daybreaker shouts, increasing her beams power to blast Tirek back before returning to the place beside the imprisoned Cozy.

“Tirek!” The filly cries out.

“Don’t worry, Child. You’ll be joining him soon enough!” Daybreaker declares while empowering her Sun once again returning it to its previous size almost instantly. This forces the Pony of Shadows to retreat back into Stygian who slams into the back of the space along with Tirek, both losing consciousness while the Storm King and Chrysalis land beside them still struggling against her with the Staff.

“This can’t be the end! It can’t!” Lightning cries out as she and Sunset struggle against the heat behind her recast shield.

“What can we do?” Rockhoof asks aloud while huddled with Mage, Rutherford, Steven, Gallus and Gilda. “We can’t overpower her now!”

Daydream was nearing the end of her strength. As powerful as the Elements of Harmony were, even they had their limits, given they were meant to heal and imprison, not combat. “Heal…” She said to herself as the answer came to her in a flash before looking to her pony counterpart. “Maybe its not about overpowering her!” The other Sunset looks at her, the two of them share a moment until the pony Sunset catches on to her human selfs intension.

“I understand.” She says with a nod before moving for the opening.

“Understand what? What’s going on?” Lightning asks as she accompanies the unicorn.

“There’s no time! Just help me get to that opening!” Lightning looks into Sunset’s eyes for a moment then nods, flapping her wings to help them push against the force and heat. Working together the two mares pass by the struggling Midnight and King Sombra who was looking far weaker from prolonged exertion of his power, draining his very life away the longer he pushed himself.

“Make haste…You Two! Before we…Fall!” The two of them spare him a nod before pressing on missing the quick smile he flashed them. They reach the opening, the concentration of heat forces Lightning to look away while Sunset looks up at Daybreaker with a mix of determination and sadness.

“WHAT NOW, SUNSET?”

“NOW…I START THE HEALING!”

Lightning blinks behind her wings in confusion. “WHAT?”

CELESTIA!” Sunset shouts up at the mare, the name of her weaker self drawing her attention to the unicorn. “LISTEN TO ME! YOU WERE RIGHT! I WASN’T READY! I NEVER SHOULD’VE ABANDONED YOU! I”M SO SORRY!” Hearing those words struck something within Daybreaker that made her falter in her control over the faux Sun, letting the Storm King and Chrysalis take control and continue shrinking it.

“Where do you get the nerve to—!” She starts to say, too distracted to notice Cozy Glow charge her horn and push it against the barrier.

PLEASE FORGIVE ME! CELESTIA! I’M BEGGING YOU! PLEASE! GIVE ME ANOTHER CHANCE!” The mad mare grabs her head as she struggles to block out the unicorns heartfelt words from reaching her weaker self.

“SILENCE! You failure of a unicorn!” Just then, Cozy manages to pierce the barrier and aim her horn at Daybreaker. “You don’t deserve to be my student! I’ll take on Starlight Glimmer as my student before I—AH!” Cozy blasts Daybreaker in the head hard enough to daze her, letting the Sun shrink even more and allowing Lightning to finally see what was going on. Suddenly lets out a scream while grabbing her head, her whole body beginning to glow a bright, pure light. “NO! YOU’LL…NEVER BE…RID OF…ME!” She explodes in a flash of orange light, her armor flying off her as her mane and tail lose their flaming features.

“What has she done?” Princess Celestia spoke softly, looking around to see what was going on and regretting it soon after when she looks to the faux Sun behind her. “What have…I done?” Her horn aglow with her yellow aura the Princess of the Sun uses her magic to return the orb back into the gelatinous mass it once was. Daydream and the others stop their enforcing the barrier and collapse where they stood, exhausted. Spike, Tempest and the others all spread out to help their friends and loved ones as King Sombra and Midnight do the same, Sunset falling to her rump with Lightning doing the same beside her. The Storm King and Chrysalis drop the Staff and lay against the back wall of the space, both ready to pass out.

“Sit tight, ya’ll!” Mage said as she ran to Discord, pulling out a vial and plunging it down his throat, her adrenaline kicking into high gear now that she could at long last provide her help. Having made the draconequus drown the entire contents the mare leapt over him to help the Princesses, the other creatures joining her when Discord shot right up as a sudden surge of energy rejuvenated him.

“Well, I’ll be a bunny’s tormentor!” He floats above the rest of the creatures and conjures a mirror as he poses in front of it. “I haven’t felt this good in eons! What’s in that stuff?”

“Pickled toothpaste, rotten potato peels and a teaspoon of goat stomach acid.” Spike, Smoulder, Gallus and Gilda look from the healer to the Discord, disguise on their faces.

“Mmmm. That familiar goat acid burn!” The four of them cry out in disguised as Mage finishes healing Luna.

“Quit wasting time Discord and help the others!”

“Oh. Right. Of course.” He vanishes before appearing in the other space, leaving Spike and the others to look around and see Tempest and Pharynx helping Daydream to sit up while Shining helps Mage with Cadence. Between them Ember and Luna work together to get Twilight back up to her hooves.

“I don’t know about you dweebs, but I don’t want to go through that again.” Gilda said as she sits down with a humph followed by Gallus, sharing her opinion. Spike and Smoulder were about to join them when he spokes Celestia and Cozy still within the arena.

“Princess Celestia!” The young dragon takes to the air unaware that he was the only one and crashes into the intact invisible wall. “Ow! What gives?”

“The match has yet to be declared over, Spike.” Celestia explains with a weak tone that made the dragon feel uneasy.

“Seriously?” Ember said as Shining allows Cadence to lean on him. “Seems a bit redundant at this point.”

“No. A winner must be declared.” The Eldest Princess looks up, returning to some semblance of grace she was known for. “Discord.” A snap rings out, rejuvenating the villains while appearing before her.

“Yes, Princess Celestia?” He addresses her with a civil respect he hadn’t shown her since Fluttershy had befriended him.

“I wish to—.”

"I give up!” The two powerful creatures quickly turn to see Cozy Glow with her back turned towards them. “I’ve had it with this stupid tournament.”

“Wait. What’s going on?” Lightning Dust chimes in as she returns to her hooves along with Sunset, Midnight, and King Sombra.

“The child…” Sombra began before stopping himself, deciding to give the filly her due respect. “…Cozy Glow has forfeit the match. An unnecessary action, as she was already disqualified.”

“She was? When did that happen?”

“The moment Discord repaired her broken horn.” He meets the mix-and-match creatures eyes. “Or is that another rule you’ll choose to ignore?” Discord narrows his eyes at the dark pony, annoyed.

“Exactly. Which means I lost.” She stands and heads towards her space. “Call it, Discord!” He sighs in acceptance then looks at Celestia.

“Apologies, Celestia. But he does have a point.” She matches her smile with his before he floats above her “Cozy Glow is disqualified due to interference. The Winner is Princess Celestia.”

Author's Note:

Hey! Lookie what I found in my portable hard drive! Any chapter for this long ass story of mine!

Anyway. Having recently reread this story I'm still on the fence about continuing it

That said, I hope you enjoy this new EPIC (If I do say so myself) chapter.

Comments ( 2 )

Good fight, but this feels a little anti-climatic for me. I Hope Daybreaker shows up again and gets defeated by Strength instead of everyone

Man this was awesome! So many moving pieces happening in the background of the fight! Cozy’s sad past revealed, and how it may have happened because of the storm king. Tirek caring for cozy. Sombra talking down midnight and doing something to the pony of shadows. Pony sunset’s realization over what Celestia was trying to teach her. Daybreaker’s apperance. Cozy’s intelligence and mastery of magic on full display through her siphoning of the sun’s power. It was all incredible.

Login or register to comment