• Published 4th Dec 2020
  • 1,706 Views, 43 Comments

Rarity The Changeling Princess - Tailsic



Rarity as carry a secret about herself for all her life, a secret that only her parents know of. But after a fated meeting at a wedding in Canterlot, Rarity finds out a lot more about herself, then she ever could imagine.

  • ...
3
 43
 1,706

chapter 2

Rarity soon found herself regaining consciousness, when the world finally came into focus, she quickly observe her surroundings. The first thing she notice was she was floating in some kind of weird subsidence, she found it weird that she wasn't drowning. 'Where am I?' she thought to herself as she try to remember the days events. "Last thing i remember was being at Canterlot Castles, the wedding, Princess Cand-" Her eyes pop open wide as she remember her encounter with the princess, how she change before her eyes, right into mysterious black creature, a creature that resemble her.

"The Princess is awake, contact the Queen immediately!" a voice called out.

Rarity snaps out of her thoughts to see a small black creature staring at her, the creature looked a lot like her too, minus not having a mane and having lens covering it's eyes. "Umm... hello?" Rarity greeted the creature.

"It's good to finally meet you, my princess," he bows.

"P-Princess... me?"

"Yes, you are the daughter of our gorgeous Queen."

"Well then... since I'm your princess, can you get me out of here?"

"As you wish your highness," the creature walked up to her and lid its horn up, enveloping the cocoon and a sickly green magic aura. A few moments later the cocoon tares and Rarity spills out with the weird liquid onto the cold floor. Rarity slowly rises to her hoofs and examine her body that is still cover in the weird subsidence.

"What is this stuff?"

"It's our changeling goo, heals a changeling up really good,"

"Eew, that sounds disgusting," Rarity said as she wipes off the goo.

"Silkconequus!" Rarity turns her head around to see that large black creature again, she race forward and embrace Rarity and a tight hug, "Oh Silkconequus, my sweet sweet Silkconequus, how I dream to finally find you!" Rarity found herself with conflicting thoughts, here was this weird creature hugging her tightly, just crying her eyes out and calling her this Silkconequus, none of this made sense to her, having enough she push the black creature away from her.

"Ok... ok... what's going on here?"

"You're finally home Silkconequus."

"No, stop that, stop calling me Silkconequus, my name is Rarity! and I'm not home, you kidnapped me! " Rarity gritted her teeth.

"Now Silkconequus-"

"Rarity!"

"*sigh* Rarity, I understand this must be a lot to take in right now, but I need you to listen, I'm Queen Chrysalis, queen of the badland hive, and you are Silkconequus my daughter and rightful heir.

"So your saying I'm some long lost princess?" Rarity responds as the queen nods her head in conformation. "So your telling me, the family I knew all my life, aren't my real family?" with a tinge of anger in her voice.

" Silkconequus-"

"Rarity!" cutting her off again.

"Rarity, do you really think your some rare breed of pony?" Chrysalis moves behind her as Rarity gets lost in her thoughts, "Take a look around you and tell me what you see?"

Rarity takes her time to look at her surroundings, she wanted to make a comment about her being in a dark cold slimly cave, but she knew that's not what the queen was referring about. What Rarity saw was familiar coats, familiar wings, and familiar fangs. "Creatures like me," she frown.

"Exactly, creatures like you," she walks in front of Rarity. "We are changelings... you are a changeling," she places a hoof on Rarity shoulder.

"Be that as it may, that still doesn't change the fact that you kidnapped me!" she knocks the hoof away from her.

Chrysalis begins to look very frustrated, "How can a mother kidnapped her own daughter!"

"By taking her somewhere against her own will!" she sneer.

"I had no choice, your love reserve were dangerously low!"

"M-my love reserve?" she looked at the queen questionably.

"Yes, we changelings eat the love of other creature."

"W-we eat love?" Rarity tries process the concept. "No, that just silly, how can some creature eat a emotion?"

"Oh really, let me ask you something, have you ever felt hungry, and then your friends or family hugs you and tell you how much they love you, then all of a sudden you feel full?"

Rarity eyes widen as she remembers several moments of that happening, "I-I'm feeding off them?" she said in a low whisper, "D-does it hurt them?"

"What?"

"Does it hurt them when I feed on pony!"

"Well it depends on how much love you eat from a pony, eat a little and they'll be ok, eat a lot and you could really hurt them,"

"So we're nothing but parasites!"

"We are strong predators, the ponies are nothing more but weak prey!"

Rarity found herself shaking, the more she learned about what she was, the more she feared herself, she been feeding on
her parents, her little sister, all her friends, and poor Spike, how much love did she eat from him, was that the reason she hung around him so much. "I-I'm tired, can somepony take me to where I'll be staying?"

Chrysalis looks at her daughter with guilty eyes, "Guards, take my daughter to her room," she wave her hoof.

Two changelings nodded as they got in front of Rarity, "Right this way princess," the two changelings now leading her out of the room, with an tired Chrysalis looking at her daughter departure.

"Xion, my daughter hates me," the queen held her head low.

"I'm sure that's not the case your highness, she just very confused right now, give her sometime, she'll come around,"

"I hope your right."


It's been two days since Princess Cadence and Shining Armor wedding, Twilight and her friends we're finally on there way back to ponyville. Twilight couldn't stop herself from thinking about Cadence strange behaver, one minute she absolutely mean to everypony around her, and the next minute she acting... like the Cadance she remember again, she even remember to do there special dance. Twilight knew she should be happy that Cadance was acting normal again, but something about this didn't feel right, like a piece of the puzzle was missing. Twilight and her friends finally arrive back at ponyville station, Twilight, Applejack, and Rainbow were the first to exit the train.

"Alright Twilight, what's wrong sugarcube?" Applejack started.

"I can't stop thinking about Cadence, first she really mean, then she really nice, it makes no sense."

"Dang it Twilight, first your upset because she was acting mean, now your upset because she was acting nice, jise Twi just make up your mind already!" AJ shouted.

"Maybe it was just her time?" Rainbow buts in.

"Her... Time?" Twilight looks back at rainbow with a questioned look.

"Yeah, you know, her time of the month." Rainbow shrugs

"Rainbow!"

"You know Twi, usually I don't agree with Rainbow sly remarks, but I think this time she on to something."

"Y-you do?" Twilight eyes open.

"Yeah, going through your time of the month isn't easy, I had mines likes two weeks ago and it was a doozy."

"Ooook, we're are not having this conversation,"

"Oh what conversation is that, can I join?" Pinkie pie bounces off the train.

"Oh Pinkie, we we're just-" Applejack was cut off by Twilight.

"Not having this conversation, period!" Twilight stumps her hoof down, she soon hears Applejack and Rainbow giggling "And what's so funny?"

"Twi did you hear what you just said," Applejack still chuckling.

"What, I said were not having this conversation per-" Twilight stops as she realize her mistake and hoofplam. "Really?"

"What's so funny about period?" Pinkie pie really wanting to get in on the joke.

"AHHHHHHHHHH!" Twilight runs off.

"What's wrong with Twilight?" Fluttershy being the next one to exit.

"She doesn't want to talk about periods," Pinkie huffed.

"Oh my, I-I don't want to talk about periods either," Fluttershy blushed.

"What's wrong with periods" Pinkie waves her hooves in the air.

Applejack shakes her head as she walks up to Pinkie Pie and whispers in her ear. "Ooooooh I get it now, that kind of period... Wait why are we talking about periods, *gasp* is Twilight having a period? *gasp* I should totally throw Twilight a period party!"

While Applejack explain to pinkie pie why throwing Twilight a period party was a bad idea, Rarity and Spike we're the last ones to get off the train, Rarity fanning herself with a fan, and Spike carrying all of Rarity luggage. "Oh Spikey poo, I really can't thank you enough for carrying my luggage, I really don't know what I'd do with out you," Rarity walks up to Spike and kiss him on the cheek, making the small drake blush hard. "Well of course Rarity, you know I'll do anything for you." Rarity starts to nuzzle spike.

"Is it me, or is rarity being extra close with Spike?" Rainbow checking out the two.

"And is there suppose to be a problem with that?" Applejack rises a brow.

"No, it just seem weirder then usual."

"Ok, what is it with everypony thinking something wrong with somepony acting like they usually act!" Applejack shouts.

"Ohhh I know, it's a conspiracy!" Pinkie Pie buts in again.

"A conspiracy Pinkie?" Applejack question their pink friend.

"Ok, ok, just hear me out, what if there are these creatures that can make themselves look like anypony they want, and there secretly replacing ponies as there preparing for the invasion of Equestria!" Pinkie pie eyes widened as she realize just how deep this rabbit hole when, her friends just look at her with puzzled looks on their faces.

"Ok Pinkie, that's a bit over the top, even for you," Applejack responded.

"But it make so much sense, Cadance and Rarity have been replace by these creature, and Twilight was able to see through their disguise, *gasp* she must have some kind of Twilight sense."

"But Twi only been on about Cadance, she hasn't said anything about Rarity,"

"Ok, one out of two, but my point still stands,"

Applejack just facehoof, "You know what, I don't even know why I'm trying, Pinkie you think whatever you want to think," she turns to Rainbow Dash, "Dash you think whatever you want to think, me, I think everypony off there rocker right now, and I'm going home to get some sleep, and I hope tomorrow everypony will be acting like themselves again, and nopony will think something up with them!" Applejack said as she walks off.


"You know, Applejack is not acting like herself either, very suspicious," Pinkie strokes the fake beard she was wearing.

"I don't know Pinkie, maybe your the one acting strange," Rainbow rolls her eyes.

"Oh silly Dashie, I think I would know if I was replace," Pinkie starts to laugh for a few moment before her eyes widened again, *gasp* "Or would I know ?!" she starts to panic, "When did they replace me, at the wedding, a month ago, a year ago, for all I know my whole life as been a lie!" Pinkie Pie runs into the street screaming, the sight make Rainbow chuckled and shake her head.

"Oh Pinkie Pie, your so random." Fluttershy slowly walk up to Rainbow.

"You think she'll be ok?" she asked worried.

"It's Pinkie, she'll either forget about all this tomorrow, or go full blow conspiracy mode," Rainbow shrug, also noticing that Rarity and Spike were gone. "Hey where did Rare and Spike go?"

"Oh they left a bit before Applejack did," Fluttershy responded.

"I see, well I guess we better get going too," Rainbow flaps into the air, "See ya later Shy," and flies off leaving Fluttershy to head off to her cottage.


Rarity and Spike finally arrive at the boutique, Spike was still carrying all of Rarity's things as the two walk into the shop, "Once again, I can't thank you enough for helping me Spike," Rarity flash Spike that smile that always made his knees weak, that and the heavy luggage started to take affect. "N-no problem R-Rarity, b-but all this stuff is starting to get really heavy, where can I put this stuff down?"

"Oh, you can put them anywhere, it's been such a long and stressful day and I'll sort through them later." After hearing her responds Spike immediately drops the luggage on to the floor.

"Thanks Rarity," Spike stretches his sore muscles.

Rarity uses her magic to levitate some gems to Spike, "Here you go Spike, some tasty gems for all your troubles,"

"Thanks Rarity, I was getting a little hungry," Spike takes the gems and pop one into his mouth.

"Well you better hurry on home now, it's getting dark and we don't want Twilight to worry about you," Rarity gives Spike a farewell kiss on the cheek making the dragon blush.

"Hehe, of course, I'll see ya tomorrow Rarity!" Spike waves goodbye to her and then runs off.

Rarity watches as Spike runs licking her lips, "That dragon love is delicious," she closes the door behind her and walks up to her luggage, she uses her magic to levitate a crystal ball out, she then closes all the currents giving the room a eerie look, She places the crystal ball on a table and begins to channel her magic through it. "My queen, this is agent Vixen, calling in the report my progress," A image starts to appear in the crystal ball, as the image becomes more clear, the face of Queen Chrysalis appear.

"Good, how goes your mission, does anyone suspect?"

"No, there all believe I'm Rarity," the imposter smiled.

"Excellent, now you continue with your mission until further notice,"

"What of the princess, my queen?"

"She not taking it as well as we thought,"

"I'm sorry to hear that my queen,"

"It doesn't matter for now, she will come around... she has too,"

"I understand my queen, I will continue with the mission, Vixen out," she stops channeling her magic through the crystal ball making the Chrysalis image disappear. Vixen let out a huge yawn, "I guess it's time for me to turn in for the night." Vixen made her way upstairs to the bedroom, planning for tomorrow events.



Chrysalis walked through the corridors of her hive, each of her loyal drones bowing before her as she passes them, graces them with her very presence. But for once, none of that was at the forefront of her mind right now, all she could think about was daughter, and how to get her to accept her changeling heritage, she been raise by ponies and it showed, she was to nice, soft, weak, and too emotion, not all favorable quality for a changeling, the queen realize she really had her work cut out for her, but she would not fail, this was the future of her hive.

Chrysalis finally arrive at her destination were she was greeted by two of her guards, "How is she doing?" she asked.

"The princess was crying for awhile, but it stop and she been quiet," the drone responded.

"I see... well I will see her now," the guards bow as the queen walks into the room, once in the room the queen see her daughter lying on her bed with her back faces against the door. "Silkconequus," the queen tries to get her attention, but no responds, so she tries again, "Silkconequus!" a little louder this time, she hears a little grumbling from her daughter and sighs, "Rarity."

"What do you want?" she finally responds.

"I just want to talk," Rarity sighs as she gets up and sits on the side of her bed, the queen joins her shortly after, "Look I know we started things off on the wrong hoof, and I sorry for that." Chrysalis pauses for a second, then continue, "But you need to understand, your a changeling, and you can't go back to your old life now."

"And why is that, who says I even wanted this new life?" Rarity shouted in defiance.

"Because the ponies will never accept the real you,"

"Ponies don't need to know this about me, I'm fine with just being Rarity the pony,"

"And how long do you think you can keep this up, has it occurred to you why your love reserve were very low?" Rarity shakes her head. "It's because your getting older, and your body is maturing, getting by on the little amount of love you been talking isn't enough anymore... you need a hive." Rarity bows her head in silence and progress the information given to her.

"Everything you might have told me is true... but I simply can't abandon my friends and family!"

"Your friends and family uh?" Rarity looked at the queen worried. "Rarity how many ponies know what you really are?" Rarity hesitate to answer.

"O-only my parents know," she bows her head down in shame.

"And why is that?" Chrysalis respond with a smirk, with no answer from Rarity she continue, "Is it because you were afraid, afraid if anypony knew what you really were, no pony wouldn't love you anymore, including your so called friends?"

"I know my friends will accept me, no matter what, I was just being foolish not to trust them with my secret,"

"I see that's what you truly believe," Chrysalis raises up from the bed, "I guess only time with be able to tell which one of us is right," she begins to walk away, "Sleep for now, tomorrow I will show you the working of our hive." before the queen exited her room, Rarity called out to her.

"Wait, there something I need to ask you," the queen stops and turns around to face her daughter.

"Yes?"

"Y-your my birth mother right?"

"Yes I laid your egg,"

"Why did you give me up?"

"Silkconequus I did not give you up, you we're stolen,"

"S-stolen?"

"One of my rivals mange to sneak one of their drones into my ranks, and they made off with you the day after I laid you!" the queen greeted her teeth in rage remembering event. "I-I thought he had taken you back to his queen, where she would have destroy your egg," she stump her hoof down, "I search for years looking for you, just hoping you survive somehow, but I never found you," she hung her head low, "I stop looking after 7 years,"

Rarity looked at that the Queen with guilty eyes, here was this proud queen, who thought she had lost her only daughter to one of her enemies, who search for years hoping to find you, only to give up in defeat, and then years later a miracle happens and she finds her long lost daughter, a daughter she thought to be dead, and how does said daughter acts, only caring about her problems and what she wants, she been very selfish.

"I'm sorry I stopped looking,"

"It's ok, you couldn't look forever, but what matter the most is you did look for me... and I would also like to apologize" she sighs

"Apologize for what?"

"I realizes I've only been thinking about myself, when this all effect you as well"

"Does this mean you now understand?"

"It means I acknowledge your feeling, and I'm willing to see you halfway on this

"I guess that better then nothing," Chrysalis walks up to Rarity and tries to kiss her forehead, but Rarity stops her.

"Let's take this slow, I need to warm up to idea that your my mother,"

"As you wish" she sighs as she heads for the exit again, "Goodnight my daughter," leaving her finally words before exited.

Rarity falls down on her back onto her bed and gazes up at the ceiling, trap in her own thoughts, she soon found herself chuckling, she had always dreamed about being a princess, and here she was, a real princess, and she wasn't so sure she liked it now, life could be very unfair sometimes. Rarity sighs and gets into her bed proper, she begins to wonder what's in store for her tomorrow as she finally drifts off to sleep.

Comments ( 14 )
Comment posted by Ali della Morte deleted Dec 14th, 2020

The chapter is good. But you need to work on your spelling and grammar.

at least this chapter explains some of the words and actions of the cloaked figure from chapter one. Will he appear in the future or did he die somewhere behind the scenes?

Good Bug-mother Chrysalis?
Favorite and tracking

10580618
Yes, I'm going to try to update once or twice a month, it all depends on the mood.

"Not having this conversation, period!" Twilight stumps her hoof down, she soon hears Applejack and Rainbow giggling "And what's so funny?"

lol

"Ok, ok, just hear me out, what if there are these creatures that can make themselves look like anypony they want, and there secretly replacing ponies as there preparing for the invasion of Equestria!" Pinkie pie eyes widened as she realize just how deep this rabbit hole when, her friends just look at her with puzzled looks on their faces.

She's not wrong if you think about it

"I don't know Pinkie, maybe your the one acting strange," Rainbow rolls her eyes.

Rainbow dash you do realize you're talking to right its Pinkie Pie sometimes you can't question it I learned that the hard way

While it looks like things really turn an eventful one so rarity is in the hive now and unfortunately she doesn't know where she is or how she going to get back what it looks like she's going to be there for a while. while her friends doesn't know what's happening a changeling named Vixen took the form of Rarity to fool the other ponies until the queen said so and whatever the plan is but anyway Queen Chrysalis does look like she cares for her daughter but I don't know she still something else and I don't trust her and I wonder if thorax and pharynx will make their appearances soon but anyway this is very interesting and I wonder how she's going to live like this guess we'll find out next time

I got a bad feeling about vixen

The only question is well Rarity ever going to see her friends again

Me pregunto que pasará cuando sus amigos sepan sobre su secreto

Login or register to comment