• Published 19th Jul 2019
  • 2,878 Views, 28 Comments

Cadance and the Wedding Crashers - Insp Jen-Itol



For centuries he's slept, no purpose, no call to wake him. But now... are those wedding bells i hear?

  • ...
4
 28
 2,878

Epilogue

Celestia snuggled deeply into her mother’s soft down, her younger sister already fast asleep in her other wing. The pink maned unicorn listened to the all-consuming voice of her mother, reading them into the warm embrace of sleep, “- and so the gods left the world in their golden chariots. Satisfied that they had left the world and its inhabitants to their task.”

But Celestia felt something wrong, words left unsaid. She peaked open her eyes to look at the page, a mysterious figure now graced the page. A unicorn, clad in full armour, wielding a sword of magnificent light. Curious she pointed to the unknown picture “Mommy what’s that?”

Her mothers countenance changed at this, a dark glare piercing her face unlike anything the filly had seen of her before. “A demon.” She answered hesitantly, “A creature of war and destruction, bringing nothing but death wherever it goes.” The red maned alicorn turned to her eldest daughter with a fateful look, “if you ever see one something like this my child, run. Run and never look back, for this is an evil not even the gods could defeat.” the little filly simply looked back at her mother, the tone in her voice was forced, she was scared. The idea of her mom being frightened by anything disturbed her to no end. Mommy could fight mean draqoniquis’s, hydras, and beat nasty dragons without so much as a sweat. Mommies weren’t supposed to be scared.

***

Celestia stood in the balcony watching the celebrations below, remembering. With the queen’s aura secured Shining’s mind was freed and the young couple rejoiced in each others’ arms. The wedding resumed under the creature’s silent watch. The rest of the day went by without incident, after most of the guard had been feed from their captivity in the palace dungeons, they set to cleaning up the aftermath of the demon’s battle. The demon hadn’t joined in the clean up efforts, instead opting to be pulled into the after party by Cadance to be introduced to the rest of the guests. The monster was now interfaced with the dj’s equipment, producing a song like nothing she had ever heard before. Its notes were distant and ethereal, the lyrics themselves possessing the qualities of a haunting dream. One lyric sounded like a vague insult masked in seeming praise, though if it was towards her or the gods she couldn’t quite discern.

A flutter of massive wings settled beside her. Her sister Luna newly awakened from her daily rest, “So did I miss anything?” she chirped obliviously.

“Oh nothing much,” the older sister snarked, “just the return of one of our most dangerous enemies, her invasion, and its abrupt halt by the return of Cadance, Twilight, and a demon of such terribly power even our own mother was afraid of it.”

“… care to run that by me again sis?”

“See for yourself.” The taller alicorn motioned her head to the window across the hall. Through which Luna could see the mound. Twisted and mangled chitinous chest and limbs piled in the center of the carnage. The night princess could only watch in silent horror as a unicorn guard cast his spell and set the whole grisly site aflame. An old measure to prevent the spread of disease after a battle, one that had not been needed on this world for centuries. Dark shadows twisted about the silent courtyard, blood boiled in empty eye sockets, limbless torsos held screaming faces of noiseless agony, the sound of cracking chitin mixed seamlessly with crackling flame consuming the night as its immortal ruler watched.

She turned to her elder sister; the hall now bathed in the dark light of the flames casting a sinister air over the still watching alicorn. “Sister…” Luna breathed, “What do we do?”

The larger immortal did not turn to meet her sisters pleading gaze, unwilling to let the demon out of her sight. “… for now?” she paused, sparing only a moments glance at her precious little sister, the last of her family, “We wait.”

Celestia’s face was hardened in a gaze she had not used in countless years, her face marred by the twisted shadows of her intent.

Luna shivered. Offering near silent prayers to the gods, though for who’s mercy or protection Celestia could not discern. So, they stood vigilant, bodies burning in the night behind them as the deadliest monster they had ever encountered, sang and danced with the ponies they had sworn their very souls to protect. Worries and plans flittering back and forth across the diarchy’s minds like sparks from a blaze.

The demon Excalibur was in their sights, oblivious to the foes he considered friends.

Author's Note:

blog post is up and work on the sequel now commences, enjoy.
click here to read

Comments ( 9 )

Gratz on the Feature.

It was good, now i want more pls

Yey another Warframe fanfic please make more :pinkiehappy:

9750012
that old warframe carried me for a good long time before I got new frames, never got rid of it in the end
but yea, nice shot

Celestia, Luna, you are both f******* MORONS!!!!!! :facehoof:

Login or register to comment