• Published 8th May 2019
  • 1,674 Views, 136 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh E-QUEST - DakariKingMykan



The Equestria Girls are going to participate in a dueling tournament.

  • ...
81
 136
 1,674

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 16: Show off the smiles.

EPISODE SIXTEEN

Trixie had dashed out of the park and ran through the parking lot; the sounds of all that laughter and taunting still echoed in her brain.

She finally stopped at a lamppost to catch her breath and wipe her tears.

“I have never so humiliated in my life!” she thought to herself, “I don’t think I can ever show my face in public again.”

“Trixie…!” Pinkie called to her.

Her head snapped up and she saw Pinkie running towards her.

Trixie picked up here heels and dashed off, ducking behind a car as Pinkie ran past the area.

“Whew!” she sighed, only then to mysteriously find Pinkie was right next to her.

“Hey, there...”

Trixie jumped and ran off again, this time taking refuge behind a large dumpster at the edge of the parking lot, only for Pinkie to leap out from the dumpster.

“Come on, Trixie, can’t we just talk?”

Trixie’s response was taking off again, only to run straight into Sunset whom had been following her and Pinkie.

WHAMM!! The two girls were down on the ground with stars spinning around their heads, and Pinkie walked up to them.

“Are you two okay?”

“Just peachy.” groaned Sunset.

Trixie growled and turned away from them, “Leave me alone! You won, I have lost! I am nothing but a useless, cheating has-been.”

Pinkie couldn’t deny the cheating, but she hated anyone who beat themselves up the way Trixie was.

“Snap out of it!” she said coldly, “It’s no wonder you couldn’t earn any respect. I was trying to tell you that before-- you need to change your groove, people you can be likable without showing off and bragging so much.”

Trixie stubbornly ignored her.

Then Sunset lifted her chin, “Trixie, trust me. I know how it feels, and you should know that.”

Trixie knew of Sunset’s evil ways and all that magic and stuff, but she brushed it all off as, “And look at you; you gained all the popularity, all the friends, fame, and glory to go with it.”

“That’s not the point!” snapped Sunset “I earned friends because I was willing to try, and believe me, I didn’t think anybody would want to be my friend after all I did.

Trust me, it’s not about being popular, or cool, it’s about understanding and being understood.

The sooner I began to understand other people, the sooner they understood me, and the better things got and I could get along better with everyone.”

Trixie still felt unmoved.

“The point is: you gave up to easy,” said Sunset “You and Pinkie could have fought a great duel, not for personal glory, but for fun and enjoyment.”

Trixie was still unmoved. “I don’t believe you!”

Sunset was growing cross.

“Hey,” said Pinkie “What if Sunset and I duel each other, and then you’ll see.”

Sunset agreed to the idea.

Trixie sighed and she checked her watch-- she still had time before… something.

“If I agree to watch this, will you let me be?”

The girls agreed, only because they really felt that they were about to set a good example from this.

They all walked over into a clearing and Sunset and Pinkie prepared their disks, which recognized that this was just an ordinary duel outside the tournament.

“I won’t be going easy on you, Pinkie.” Sunset called.

“I don’t want you to.” said Pinkie with a smirk, and then she pretended to take the stage again.

“Ladies and gentlemen, an important announcement…

Since our last show of smiles was unexpectedly canceled out, we have an encore performance and a complete do-over.

That’s right folks-- you get two shows for the price of one.”

Sunset giggled softly, but she did admire Pinkie’s enthusiasm, but Trixie only rolled her eyes as the girls drew their cards.

“DUEL…!!”

Sunset LP: 8000

Pinkie Pie LP: 8000

Pinkie then announced, “As hostess, I’ll begin. So on with the show, and I summon PERFORMAPAL TRUMP WITCH!”

(Atk: 100)

“And now marvel in her magic as she makes herself disappear, but grants me POLYMERIZATION right into my hand.

But Rather than play it right now, I have a better move in mind; the spell card HIPPO CARNIVAL, which lets me call out three lovely hippo tokens to dance for you all.”

(Def: 0) x3

Her three hippos danced like hula girls, much to Trixie’s annoyance and she didn’t seem to want to smile at all.

Pinkie wasn’t deteered in the least.

“Now I’ll place one card facedown and end my turn. So it’s over to you, special guest.”

Sunset nodded. “Here we go!” she hollered and she drew her card.

Even though Sunset had dueled Pinkie before, she knew she couldn’t get too cocky with herself, and did wonder what she was planning and why she didn’t make a stronger move.

There was only one way to find out.

“Now, I set the Pendulum Scale with Scale 3 XIANGKE MAGICIAN and Scale 8 XIANGSHENG MAGICIAN.”

The two magical creatures took their places in the light.

“Now I can summon monsters form level 4 through 7 all at once.” said Sunset, and she made her trademark call up high.

“As the pendulum swings from forth to back
My monsters come forth… to launch an attack!

…Behold my monsters!”

Three shots of light rained down from above and her monsters appeared.

“DRAGONPULSE MAGICIAN…” (Atk: 1800)

“OAFDRAGON MAGICIAN…” (Atk: 2100)

“DHARMA-EYE MAGICIAN…” (Atk: 2000)

The three magicians stood in a row glaring at Pinkie’s hippos.

Trixie felt that was a little impressive as she thought, “Interesting, she summoned three magicians all at once, perhaps I should have used a deck similar to that.”

Pinkie looked at the Dharma-Eye Magician, “I don’t think I’ve seen that one before.”

Sunset smirked “Oh, I’ve always had him, just never actually drew him, but now that he’s here, you’re in big trouble.

During the turn he’s Pendulum-Summoned, all my magicians can’t be destroyed by any of your card-effects.”

Pinkie narrowed her eyes, and Sunset entered her battle phase.

“Go my magicians, destroy those three Hippos!”

The magicians all charged forth.

SMASH!! “There goes one!” hollered Sunset.

KAPOW!! “That’s two and only one to go!”

BOOM!! The last token was destroyed.


Rather than being upset, Pinkie only giggled, “Nice move, Sunset.”

Sunset nodded thankfully at her, and both girls looked over at Trixie, who was still nowhere near smiling, but at least she was still watching the duel.

“I’ll place one card facedown, and end my turn. So it’s over to you, Pinkie.”

Pinkie nodded, “Now, I draw!”

She now had four cards in her hand, and she looked over at Trixie, “Watch this, I’ll show you how to get rid of cards you don’t want in a better way.”

Trixie snuffed.

“I play the spell PERFORMAPAL RECASTING.

It lets me show you these two Performapals in my hand, and then I shuffle them into my deck, and then I get to draw three cards.”

She replenished her hand, and liked what she had, which really made her smile wide.

“And now,” she announced “Taking the center stage, please welcome my newest little star, PERFORMAPAL SEAL EEL!”

(Atk: 100)

Her newest monster barked like the seal it looked like, and clapped its cute little flippers.

Trixie was confused, “Why would she play a monster that weak?”

Sunset was wondering the same thing, “Does this monster have some super ability?”

“Okay Seal Eel,” said Pinkie “Show ‘em what you can do.”

Her monster complied and bounced over to Sunset’s side of the field, curling around her, which tickled slightly, but then Sunset watched as he creature slapped its tail against her facedown card.

“What the--”

“Oh, I’m sorry,” teased Pinkie “But now that facedown card is useless for the rest of the turn.”

Sunset growled softly.

“And now,” chirped Pinkie “It’s magic time, folks, as I play POLYMERIZATION!

I merge Seal Eel with Odd-Eyes Dissolver in my hand!”

Her Seal went to the Extra Deck, but her Dissolver went straight to the graveyard as it was not originally on the field, which she didn’t seem to mind.

“I Fusion Summon PERFORMAPAL GATLINGHOUL!”

(Atk: 2900)

Her monster stepped forth, into a spotlight and tipped his hat to everyone, and there was the sound of applause despite there being only three people in the area.

“How does she do that?” Sunset wondered.

Trixie unfolded her arms, and looked forth with blooming interest, which amused Pinkie.

“If you think he’s amusing now, just watch as his special ability activates.”

With that, her monster reached behind him and pulled out his huge bazooka, and pointed it straight at Sunset.

“Uh, oh!” cried Sunset “I remember this-- I lose 200 life points for every card on the field!”

“You’re correct!” called Pinkie “And I count 1, 2, 3, 4, 5… 6 cards on your field, and 1, 2 on mine, for a total of eight cards, and if my math is correct, you lose a whopping 1600 life points!”

POW!! The Blast was fired, hitting Sunset hard. She groaned and moaned to maintain her balance as her score dropped.

Sunset LP: 8000 -----> 6400

“And that’s not all…” called Pinkie “Since I summoned Gatlinghoul using a Pendulum Monster, I can destroy one monster you control, and then you’ll take damage equal to that monster’s attack power.”

Sunset gasped, “My Oafdragon Magician…!”

KAPOW!! It exploded in a bright flash, and Sunset lost yet another 2100 points.

Sunset LP: 6400 -----> 4300

“Amazing…!” thought Trixie “She’s destroyed nearly half her opponent’s life points and she has barely attacked at all.”

Pinkie snickered, and then entered her battle phase.

“Now Ghoul, attack Dharma-Eye Magician!”

(Atk: 2900) VS (Atk: 2000)

Sunset groaned softly as she watched her poor magician met its doom, costing her 900 more life points.

Sunset LP: 4300 -----> 3400

Now Trixie was really starting to view the duel as somewhat intriguing.

“This is incredible.” she thought “She’s nearly wiped Sunset out in just one turn, and without having to dishonestly swap her cards.”

She then looked over at Sunset, “How is she ever going to make a comeback from this. I could never do this in her position unless I cheated.”


Pinkie ended her turn, “What did you think of that, Sunset?”

Sunset smiled “I have to admit, that was pretty smart, and you kept the number of cards on your field low, which makes my Xiangsheng Magician’s Scale drop to 4 so I can’t Pendulum Summon.


…But don’t think I’m out just yet.

…I draw!”

She silently thought as she gazed at her card, “I’ve got to get that monster off the field, otherwise Pinkie will wipe me out for sure, and there’s only one monster I have that can help me in this situation.”

“It’s time!” shouted Sunset “I activate the field spell SKY IRIS!”

Trixie and Pinkie both looked up and watched as the field was cast in a hue-glow, and with the shadow of an Odd-Eyes Dragon overhead.

Sunset snickered, “The power of this field special prevents my monsters in the Pendulum Zone from being destroyed by card effects, but that’s not all…

Once per turn, I can also destroy one card I have in play.”

She looked up at her Dragonpulse Magician, and he looked back at her, and nodded, understanding what she was doing.

“I destroy Dragonpulse, and then in return, Sky Iris allows me to grab a special card out of my deck-- my Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon.”

Pinkie chuckled, “Nice card, but you still can’t summon him; not with your Pendulum Zone disabled.”

Sunset smirked, “Not for long, because now it’s time for me to change my own odds.”

“Huh?”

“What is she talking about?” wondered Trixie.

“I play a trap, HOPE FOR ESCAPE!

Since my life points are much lower than yours, I can pay 1000 of those points…”

Sunset LP: 3400 -----> 2400

"Then I can draw one card for every 2000 points of difference between us.”

She got to draw two more cards, increasing her options even more.

Trixie was astonished.

“Now I play POT OF GREED, so I get to draw two more cards!

And now, watch as I cast a little magic of my own with the help of PENDULUM SHIFT, which lets me change Xiangsheng Magician’s pendulum scale back to 8 again!”

“Uh-oh!” cried Pinkie.

Sunset snickered, and shouted out clearly to the swinging pendulum, “…I Pendulum Summon!”

Four beams of light shot down from high up, and her monsters appeared.

“DRAGONPULSE MAGICIAN…” (Atk: 1800)

“OAFDRAGON MAGICIAN…” (Atk: 2100)

“DHARMA-EYE MAGICIAN…” (Atk: 2000)

“ODD-EYES PENDULUM DRAGON…” (Atk: 2500)

All four monsters stood glaring at Pinkie, and while Pinkie was alarmed by all this, she couldn’t help but smile, “This could be a huge comeback after all.”

Trixie watched in astonishment, and was speechless too.


“And now…” hollered Sunset “I play a card that should look familiar-- POLYMERIZATION!

Fusing my Odd-Eyes with Dragonpulse… I Fusion Summon ODD-EYES VORTEX DRAGON!”

(Atk: 2500)

The mighty dragon appeared and roared loudly, making gusts of wind fly past Pinkie.

Sunset flicked her hair, “When my dragon is summoned, I can target one monster you control, and send it back to your hand!”

“Oh, no!” cried Pinkie, but she was forced to watch her ghoul vanish off the field, right back to her Extra Deck.

“I’m not going to let you get me that easy!” called Pinkie, I activate the trap GRAVITY BIND, and with it all monsters that are higher than level 3 can’t attack!”

“Think again!” shouted Sunset.

“What?”

“When a card effect is played, Odd-Eyes uses his other special power, one that lets me shuffle my Timegazer Magician back into my main deck, and cancels out the effect of the card, destroying it too.”

“Ah!”

Poor Pinkie was left completely defenseless, and with a big swarm of monsters glaring her down too.

Sunset entered her Battle Phase, and ordered all three of her monsters strike Pinkie directly.

Poor Pinkie was zapped by magical stars, pelted by a magical glare, and fried by the dragon’s burning flares-- all costing her a combined total of 6600 life points!

Pinkie LP: 8000 -----> 1400

Pinkie was black from was smoke, and coughed out a small smoke-ring.

She shook off the supposed smoke, and shouted “WOWIE!! I’ve never seen a comeback like that before.”

Sunset felt flattered.

“I’ll place one card facedown, and end my turn.”


The two girls looked over at Trixie.

“You see?” said Sunset “I didn’t even have to cheat to make it all happen. I just tried my best.”

Trixie could see this, and then looked over at Pinkie. “How can she get out of this?” she wondered in thought “Even after she draws, that Vortex Dragon can stop any card effect she plays.”


Pinkie really felt that Trixie was finally starting to see, and could already tell what she was thinking.

“Just know this, Trixie,” she said “Even if I don’t draw exactly what I need, I know I’ve fought a good duel, and that’s all that matters.”

Sunset nodded proudly.

“Besides,” Pinkie thought silently “Sunset can only use that Dragon’s effect if she sends a Pendulum Monster out of her Extra Deck, but all she has left her Pendulum Dragon and I don’t think she’ll want to give up that.

But then again, she has three monsters in play, and she would probably want to risk it anyway.”

She drew her card, and liked what it was, and it was a perfect way for her to be sure things would work.

“Now I activate RAIGEKI, which will destroy all the monsters you control Sunset.”

“Don’t think so!” sneered Sunset “I use Vortex Dragon’s ability, but sending my Odd-Eyes back to the deck, I can stop your card and destroy it like that.”

Pinkie snickered, “Silly, I was prepared for you no matter what.”

“Huh?”

“I played that card as a distraction, so I could activate this spell, ROLL OF FATE!”

Sunset gasped, and then a magical virtual Dice Block appeared.

“Whatever number the die rolls, I get to draw that many cards, only then I have to banish the same number of cards from the top of my deck.”

The roll was a 4.

“Alright!” cried Pinkie and she drew her four deserved cards, and banished four others.

“Now I summon PERFORMAPAL SKULLCROBAT JOKER!”

(Atk: 1800)

“And when he’s summoned to the field, I get to add one Performapal into my hand from my deck.”

She flicked through the selection on her duel disk screen.

“I choose PERFORMAPAL MONKEYBOARD!

Now it’s your time to shine, Monkey-Boy, I place you in the Pendulum Zone!”


As soon as her playful little pal entered the light, the image began to glow with a brighter light.

“What is happening now?” asked Trixie.

Sunset clenched her fist, “When it’s activated, Pinkie now has the power to put another Performapal into her hand.”


“The lady in the front is correct.” said Pinkie, and she snatched out yet another card from her deck, “I choose PERFORMAPAL GOLD FANG, whom I also place in the Pendulum Zone.”

Her monster took its place in the light, and both monsters looked at each other from afar and nodded.

“But don’t be fooled, I don’t intend to Pendulum Summon.” Pinkie said “I haven’t the correct monsters to do so.”

Sunset and Trixie each blinked once with deep curiosity at what she was planning.

Pinkie then pretended to take the stage again. “Now then folks, we hope you all enjoyed our little show, but now it all ends here.

Thanks to the power of this spell card-- SUPER POLYMERIZATION!”

Sunset gasped “Super Polymerization!”

“I’ve not seen that card before.” said Trixie “What does it do?”

Pinkie snickered, “First, I need to discard in order to play it, but now I get to perform a very special summon, using my monsters or Sunset’s monsters, or either one!”

Sunset watched in horror as her Vortex Dragon began to glow along with the Skullcrobat Joker.

“I don’t believe this!”

“Oh, believe it,” called Pinkie as the two monsters began to merge, “I Fusion Summon PERFORMAPAL ODD-EYES METAL CLAW!”

(Atk: 3000)

Sunset gazed up at the Odd-Eyes dragon as it roared at her. This was her first time actually seeing it being played as a hologram.

“It’s incredible!” she said with awe.

“You think so?” asked Pinkie “Well, I’ve got one last trick to share with everyone, the spell SMILE WORLD!”

Her favorite card, which filled the field with colorful smiling faces like in a painting, which tickled the two players, and all the monsters.

“What sort of magic is this?” asked Trixie “I… I can’t help but--” she couldn’t finish as her lips curled into a loving smile, which made the other girls both grin and giggle with delight.

“It’s my kind of magic; the magic of smiles.” answered Pinkie “And the power of this smile card will increase the attack points of all the monsters in play by 100 points for every creature there is in play.”

With that, all the monsters each gained 300 additional attack points.

(Atk: 3000) -----> (Atk: 3300)

(Atk: 2000) -----> (Atk: 2300)

(Atk: 2100) -----> (Atk: 2400)

Trixie was still confused, “Why would you increase the attack power of your opponent’s monsters?”

Pinkie smirked, “Well, for one thing, my Odd-Eyes has a special ability that increases his own attack power, by 300 to be exact.”

(Atk: 3300) -----> (Atk: 3600)

“Odd-Eyes, attack Dharma Eye Magician!”

The dragon roared, and stomped its way over to Sunset’s side of the field, ready to trounce her monster to bits.

“And now…” Pinkie called “I activate this last card in my hand—RUSH RECKLESSLY!”


“Ah!” cried Sunset.

“What’s that?” wailed Trixie.

“…Oh, just a quick-play spell,” said Pinkie “One that makes my monsters 700 attack points stronger!”

(Atk: 3600) -----> (Atk: 4300)

“It’s so strong!” cried Sunset.

Pinkie nodded, “And that’s not all, even though my attack won’t wipe you out by itself, my Gold Fang still has his Pendulum Abbility, which will deal you 1000 additional points when your monster is destroyed!”

Sunset’s eyes widened, and she did the math in her head, “If this attack hits it’ll wipe me out!”

“Take a bow!” Pinkie called “This show is over.”


“Not yet it isn’t!” snapped Sunset.

“What?”

“I activate the trap DAMAGE DIET!”

“Ah!”

“Thanks to this trap, I only take half the battle damage!”

(Atk: 4300) VS (Atk: 2300)

Her magician was destroyed, and the shockwaves zoomed past her, but she only took 1000 points of damage.

Sunset LP: 2400 ----->1400

“Oh, well… at least you still take 1000 points of damage.” said Pinkie

POW!! A ray of light shot out from the tiger’s mouth, striking Sunset and lowering her score.

Sunset LP: 1800 -----> 400

Sunset looked up from shielding herself, and sighed in relief that she was safe.

As for Pinkie, she had no choice but to end her turn, which returned her dragon’s attack back to its original 3000.

“I got to admit, that was a pretty slick way to avoid my attack.” said Pinkie.

“Thanks,” said Sunset “But wait until you see what else I can do.

…It’s my draw!”


Trixie looked bwteen the two girls and thought, “They’re dueling so fercily, and yet they still manage to keep their cools, and they don’t resort to trickey.

…Maybe I was wrong about this whole thing.”


Sunset took her card.

“Now, you remember my Sky Iris card, now I get to destroy my Oafdragon Magician, in exchange for add my Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon to my hand!”


Once all was said and done, Sunset now had three cards in play, the same number of cards as Pinkie had.

She looked up at the pendulum, and it was swinging perfectly.

“Since I don’t control more cards than you, Xiangsheng Magician is Scale 8, so now I can summon monsters from levels 4 through 7 all at the same time.

…I Pendulum Summon!”


Four shots of light flashed, and her monsters appeared.

“DRAGONPULSE MAGICIAN…” (Atk: 1800)

“OAFDRAGON MAGICIAN…” (Atk: 2100)

“DHARMA-EYE MAGICIAN…” (Atk: 2000)

“ODD-EYES PENDULUM DRAGON…” (Atk: 2500)

All those monsters roared and posed tall and proud, but not one of them were strong enough to take out Pinkie’s Odd-Eyes.

“They may not be strong themselves, but that can all change.” said Sunset “Especially when I play this, HARMONIC WAVES!”

It lets me Target my Oafdragon Magician and make his level become 4 for this turn.”

Pinkie clenched her first, knowing where this was going.

“With my level 4 Dragonpulse and level 4 Oafdragon, I build the Overlay Network.”


Trixie and Pinkie watched as the two monsters vanished through the portal, and the new monster appeared.

“I Xyz Summon TIMESTAR MAGICIAN!”

(Atk: 2400)

Trixie marveled at the sight of the new monster, believing it to be the most handsome spellcaster she had ever seen.

“Now, I use his ability!” said Sunset “By using one overlay unit, I can add one Magician monster to my hand, as long as it’s a dark type.

I choose DRAGONCALLER MAGICIAN!”

Pinkie had never seen Sunset use that monster before.

“What’s that do?” she playfully asked.

“I’ll show you, but first I need to summon him. So I’ll tribute my Timestar Magician and My Dharma Eye Magician!”

“What?!” snapped Trixie “But they were both good monsters!”

Nevertheless, the monster had appeared on the field.

(Atk: 2400)

She motioned at the second card that was in her hand, and pretended to take the stage herself, “Ladies and gentlemen, as special guest I would now like to show you the magic of trying hard and believing in yourself and what it can do.

I play the spell ODD-EYES FUSION!”

“Huh?!” cried Pinkie “Where did you get that?”

“Oh, I’ve always had it, just never had a chance to play it yet.” answered Sunset “But watch now as I fuse Odd-Eyes with Dragoncaller.

I Fusion Summon my old faithful friend, RUNE-EYES PENDULUM DRAGON!”

(Atk: 3000)

Her dragon roared and its powerful ring sparked with glowing energy.

The two dragons glared at one another fiercely.

“What’s Sunset thinking?” thought Pinkie “Both our monsters have the same attack power. So if they attack, they’ll both destroy each other, but then Sunset gets dealt 1000 points of damage from my Gold Fang, and that’ll wipe her out.”

Suddenly, she gasped, “…Unless!”


Sunset nodded, knowing what Pinkie was thinking, “Unless I activate the hidden ability of Dragoncaller Magician.

Since I fused him to make Rune-Eyes, when Rune-Eyes attacks a dragon type monster, his attack power is automatically doubled!”

(Atk: 3000) -----> (Atk: 6000)

“Uh, oh!” cried Pinkie.

“Rune-Eyes, Attack!” shouted Sunset.

Her dragon unleashed its flames, blowing up Pinkie’s dragon.

Pinkie screamed as the flames zoomed past her, and she was all out of points!

Pinkie LP: 1400 -----> 0

Trixie watched with wide-eyes, almost unable to blink at what had just happened.

The images all vanished and the field was clean.

Sunset called over, “Pinkie, you okay?”

Pinkie looked up over her arms, smiling wider than ever. “That… was… INCREDIBLE!!! Absolutely wild! Give it up for Sunset Shimmer!”

She suddenly realized there was no one else watching other than Trixie, and she blushed in embarrassment, “Sorry, can’t help myself.”


Trixie finally managed to snap herself to her senses and rubbed her eyes.

“Now do you see?” asked Sunset “Neither one of us had to cheat or act cool. We respected each other, and we fought a great duel.”

Pinkie nodded softly “You can learn to be just like us, Trixie. It might be the greatest thing you’ll ever do.

Of course you still have to make up for all the bad things--”

Sunset put her hand on Pinkie’s shoulder quickly hushing her form saying too many of the wrong things.

Trixie hung her head low, looking as if she really didn’t know what to do or try.

“It’s up to you.” said Sunset “Take all the time you need to think, but we’ll always be here for you if you decide to try.”

Trixie looked up at them and gave a soft smile, “Thank you, but I must go for now.”

Then she turned and walked off through the parking lot, heading for the street.

“Do you think we got through to her?” asked Pinkie.

“I hope so.” said Sunset “I just really hope she considers trying. No one should go down the same path that I did.”

Right then, her duel disk began to glow.

“What’s that?” asked Pinkie.

Sunset saw the glow was coming from her Extra deck, and out popped one of the blank cards, which was becoming visible.

Pinkie and Sunset both gawked at it.

“Would you look at that.” said Pinkie.

Sunset was astonished at this new monster, and yet she wondered how she unlocked it just now.

“We’ve got to go show the others.”

Pinkie agreed, and the two ran off, back into the park.


A good thing they had, for they would not have wanted to see what Trixie was up to.

She walked down the street, and checked her watch again, and then, she saw a large dumpster outside a café, and crept over to the other side, into the alley where no one would see her.

There, she found a guy in a large trench coat waiting for her.

“I did what you asked! Now where is my money?”

The man grunted, but reached into his pocket and handed her a large wad of cash.

“Pleasure working with you.” she said as she pocketed the cash and left.

The goon then reached up and touched a device in his ear, reporting to his employers-- The Prince Brothers-- that the operation was a success.

“Paying that girl to cheat and be disqualified was a smart move.” said Rubeus.

Loki scoffed, “What some humans would do for cash, but at least our experiment worked.”

His brother agreed “Sunset Shimmer and her friends might be the key to our goal, but we are still a long way off.”

Loki then happened upon an idea, “Brother, perhaps a test of her current skills will be in order?”

Rubeus nodded, “…Agreed.”

Author's Note:

-Writing this duel was agony, I had to go back and rewrite the same turn six times because I couldn't get the correct moves and cards I needed. Then again, this is what comes from writing fic duels, as well as following FIC RULES and trying to get the duel to go they way I want it to go.

-The Prince Brothers: Who are they really? What are they trying to do? And what do they want from Sunset and the girls?

PreviousChapters Next