• Published 8th May 2019
  • 1,659 Views, 136 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh E-QUEST - DakariKingMykan



The Equestria Girls are going to participate in a dueling tournament.

  • ...
81
 136
 1,659

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 50: Programming Plans

EPISODE FIFTY

The Prince Brothers were ever so pleased with the way the duel had gone. So much energy had been harnessed into the tanks.

So much, that Loki saw on the computer, “We have all that we need now! We can finally accomplish our task.”

“Patience!” said Rubeus “We may have all that we need, but don’t forget of the upcoming duel.”

“Ah, yes…” agreed Loki “Sunset Shimmer versus Rainbow Dash.”

The more he thought of it, the more he caught on to his brother’s idea; Sunset was their primary focus, and it was with her help they were able to make it this far.

“It will do no harm to see her duel once more,” said Rubeus “Then we can truly be assured if whether or not of what we suspected of her.”



Onboard the camper, since the next wasn’t for at least an hour as was announced earlier.


Shining Armor was sitting on the sofa with his head hanging low and his hands gripped on his hair, but not just because Twilight lost the duel.

“I can’t believe it…” he groaned “Twily has been lying behind my back all this time? She said she gave up dueling, and now I find out not only has she been dueling, but she’s been sneaking off and acting like a grade-a jerk to everyone?!”

Cadance felt just as upset as he did, but she wasn’t sulking and throwing a fit of shock about it, and tried to console him, “We’re going to get to the bottom of this, somehow, but right now, imagine how Twilight must be feeling!”

“Poor girl must be all torn up after all that.” said Vic.

The others all agreed, and couldn’t begin to imagine how things were down there.


Masquerade was in the unisex washrooms, wetting some paper towels under the tap, and carefully lifting up his mask and dabbed his face underneath.

Even when alone in the washroom he never dared to take off his mask!

When he was done, he tossed out the used towels, and then looked at his reflection in the mirror, right at his mask and he touched it with his hand.

“It’s been so long since I looked.” he thought, but he clenched his fist resisting the urge to peek, and he growled softly in anger.

He then went into a soft trance as if he was lost in memories of long ago.

“The past may be gone, but the memories remain. They will never disappear and will continue to haunt me so.”

He walked out of the washroom with his hands in his pockets, “I can never change the past, but I can punish those who have caused or dare to cause me trouble.

I can show them what it means to live in the real world. You’re either in charge, or you’re nothing!”

He walked past Karle’s room, or rather what was her room.


Twilight was still devastated, outraged from her defeat by Masquerade. She felt so horribly humiliated, that she just locked herself up in her room, and she buried herself under the covers of her bed, not wanting to see anyone, not even her own reflection, or her android copy.

She even threw her transforming-ring onto the floor and just left it there.

She hadn’t even taken her cards or her duel disk with her and just left them all up on the platform after leaving.

All she could do was snivel and groan in the agony of defeat.

“I don’t get it!” she grumbled in thought “I planned! I studied! I made sure to take everything I could into account, and I still lost!

WHERE DID I GO WRONG?!”


She recalled how she struggled and calculated, committing every possible move to memory, and stacking her deck to a way that could overcome all possibilities…

…But no matter how much she could try and contemplate, it wouldn’t change the fact that she lost. It was over, and those awful thoughts of what Masquerade said to her…

“You really are the weakest I’ve ever known.”

Just like from three years back, those words continued to echo and torment her and make her hurt inside.


Her friends were not around to try and comfort her; mainly because they felt she really needed some time to herself, and also, Sunset and Rainbow had to prepare for their own duel, but most importantly, everyone was still all shaken up by Twilight’s shocking revelation.

They were all sitting in the guest suite with Twilight’s duel disk, and all her cards too, and also her dead android which was leaning motionless against the wall.

“It’s so uncanny,” said Sunset “It looks so real.”

Applejack looked the droid from head to toe, its hair and its flesh felt so real. “Twilight must’ve spent a heap of money and time to make this.”

Many of the others were far from astounded, still trying to get over the fact that Twilight was Karle all that time.

Rarity and Pinkie had it the worst.

“She acted so arrogant when I faced her.” said Rarity, she remembered every one of Karle’s insults, and how she treated her like a pest.

“She was no better than Masquerade.” said Pinkie “Or more like she WAS Masquerade.”


Celestia was ever so disappointed in Twilight “After everything she learned about friendship, she just up an abandoned it all for personal glory.”

Raven disagreed, “Maybe it was more than that. Like maybe it was her thing and she didn’t want others to get involved. I was like that many times until the Titans helped me open up.”

She paused and corrected her own self in mind that it was Beast Boy who tried to help her open up with all his joking, and mischief, and trying include her in activities she never bothered to try… all of which she found nothing short of annoying!

She clenched her fists trying to repress such thoughts, still trying to put it behind her.

Instead she got up and moved towards the android.

“What are you doing?” asked Rainbow.

Raven got out her communicator. She opened a small rubber latch and pulled out a small cable. “Vic taught me this… I think I can download some of the memory banks of the droid; maybe we can uncover the details why Twilight did all this.”

Just her luck, there was a cable hanging out of the android that that connect to her com-link; just like a computer.


“Um… are you sure this will work?” asked Fluttershy “What if all of its memory banks are damaged too?”

Raven ignored her and tried it anyone, and as luck would have it again, she managed to get a linkup, because while the android’s circuits and jump systems were fried, the memory banks were still intact.

“We used to do this whenever Vic would have an accident.” she explained “We’d download his memory banks into our coms if his body was damaged and rendered useless. This way we could save him and restore him later.”

“Clever.” admitted Sunset.


Twilight’s files took a while to load because there were so many, mostly due to the fact that Twilight had obviously programed the droid well, but Raven managed to find the file she was looking for and stopped it there…

Everyone huddled around to look at the tiny com-screen as Raven read the report aloud.

“I am a droid programmed to resemble my creator, Twilight Sparkle…”

As she continued to read, it was if her own audio faded over to Twilight’s voice, as she narrated the report.


“I am programmed to not distribute this information against my programming.

There was a time long ago when Twilight Sparkle feared that she would need an extra set of hands to help in her experiments, or due to her ever-pilling work-schedule that requires her to be in two places at once.

She would spend endless hours perfecting my design as well as my interior circuitry and programing, the most difficult and strenuous course was implanting her every living memory and piece of knowledge into me…

…Preferably the knowledge of the game of “Duel Monsters”

There was however a time when she had lost confidence and a sense of morality, after returning home from the regional Math-a-thon in Japan where she had been defeated by the pro-gamer Masquerade, both in competition and a duel in which she was brutally defeated in a single turn.

With her confidence and determination rendered unstable, Twilight had dedicated herself for the next three years to studying dueling strategies and observing Masquerade’s world records and playing style.

Her stative purpose was to one day confront the pro-gamer and exact her revenge by defeating him in a duel.

A relative theory would be that Masquerade would recognize her and refuse her challenge. It was therefore decided she would enter The Friendship Cup Tournament under the guise of someone else.

For this, she had created an electronic camouflage system small enough to import into a simple ring, allowing her to change her shape.

In addition to the transformation, all her studies and information regarding dueling and Masquerade were imported to further strengthen her skills.

Unfortunately, due to a miscalculation and the hurried time in preparations, something had gone wrong during initial testing, the transformation was successful, but with horrible consequences…!

The programing had cause this new being to take on a complete persona of its own, in the same manner of Masquerade-- Cold, Cruel, Cantankerous, Grumpy, Arrogant, Ruthless, Power-Hungry…!

While still retaining the conscious of Twilight Sparkle, this new being named itself “Karle Plight.” Nickname: “Wits.”

The name was a formatted anagram of “Twilight Sparkle.”


“Plight”: representing the dangerous being she was.

“Wits”: for her high levels of intelligence.

“Karle”: simply for use of the remaining letters.


In spite of this malfunction, her dueling skills had improved immensely, after running countless simulations. However her attitude and cold demeanour would remain until she would transform back into Twilight Sparkle, remaining the memories of what she had done.

With the tournament on the approach and no preparation time left to correct this malfunction, Twilight Sparkle was left with her present status to rely on her creation to exact her vengeance.

With my programing complete I was to serve as her decoy, and never to reveal this information.

Her stative purpose was that no one else was to be involved in this plot. Her family, her friends, all were to remain unaware as she felt it was her battle to fight.

Had she won the entire tournament, she had intended to secretly give the prize money to her friends.

The only other aware of this was Spike.”


The voice faded back into Raven. “…End of program.”


Raven felt speechless.

“…My goodness!” sobbed Rarity.

“She was going to give us the money.” added Fluttershy “That’s so sweet.”

Pinkie sniveled “All this time, she was being bad and mean to us when she didn’t mean to be.”

She remembered how Twilight looked upset after returning from her duel with her in the quarter finals; obviously feeling remorseful for Karle’s wrath on her friends.

While the others all felt a little touched by Twilight’s intentions, as well as understanding a great deal of the situation now, that still did not excuse one important matter.

“I can’t believe Twilight didn’t trust us.” said Sunset “After everything we’ve been through she just turned her back on us all for the sake of pitiful revenge.”

Celestia was inclined to agreed, “There is no excuse for her behaviour, but what can we do about it?”

She suddenly had another relaxation attack, and slumped deeply onto the sofa.

Rainbow waved her hand in front of her face and snapped her fingers a couple of times. “She’s out of it.”

The others all decided to just let Celestia sleep, and maybe whatever came over her would cease.

Suddenly, that reminded Sunset “Did you guys find the energy?”

Raven, Rarity and Applejack gasped.

“You found it and you didn’t shut it down?!” Rainbow guessed.


“We couldn’t.” admitted Raven “The tanks are impenetrable, even for me, and even still that energy is highly unstable. Combining it with my powers or even unleashing it in the wrong way could put us all in even greater danger.”

“She’s not kidding.” agreed Applejack “I hate to say it, but we stuck like a fly in a molasses bubble.

Bottom-line: We can’t stop the energy flowing, and we can’t put it out of action. So what are we going to do?”

Sunset thought deeply, and there was only thing that crossed her mind “…Rainbow and I will duel.”


“What?!” snapped Rarity.

“Uh, yeah… my thoughts exactly.” agreed Rainbow. “Have you lost your mind? By dueling, we give those bozo brothers what they need!”

“Exactly,” replied Sunset “We’ll give them what they need, but we won’t let them do what they want.”

She looked extremely serious, and the others all found this very eerie.


She huddled everyone together, and whispered her plan to them, and soon there was an announcement.

“Attention! Attention please! The next duel of Semi-Finals will commence in five minutes. Rainbow Dash, Sunset Shimmer, please report to the duel platform at once. Failure to show in the time will result in disqualification.”

The two duelists nodded at one another, and Sunset told to some of the others “Try to console Twilight. If everything works out she can’t risk being caught in bed and out of whack.”

The others agreed.

“And what about her…?” Raven asked pointing at a sleeping Celestia.

“Eh, you watch her.” suggested Rainbow.

“Me?”

“Thanks, knew you would.” said Sunset as she walked off with the others, leaving Raven to grumble.


Rainbow and Sunset headed for the elevators while the rest of the gang went to Twilight’s room.

Fluttershy knocked ever so softly at the door; so softly you that even a pin falling made more noise than that.

Even her whispering into the door, “Um… Twilight… Can we come in?”

There was no response; naturally as even the other girls were not impressed with the soft approach.

“Pretty sure she didn’t even hear you.” said Applejack.

“Let me try,” said Pinkie, and she took in a huge breath and began pounding like crazy at the door Pinkie shouting “HEY, TWILIGHT!! OPEN UP ALREADY!! WE JUST WANT TO TALK TO YOU!!!”

The others were all rattled, and Twilight did call to them.

“Go away! I don’t want to see anybody!”

She sounded more hurt than gruff.

“Darling, please, let us come in.” called Rarity “We want to help you.”

Twilight didn’t answer this time, and while she was astounded that after everything that had happened her friends were actually talking to her, but she still didn’t wish to see them, how could she while she was so embarrassed and ashamed?


“She ain’t coming out.” said Applejack “Poor girl’s got it worse than we thought.”

The others all sighed.



As Sunset and Rainbow rode up in the elevator, Sunset still felt a bi awkward herself that she was actually facing Rainbow in this next match, but now that she knew Twilight’s truth, she didn’t know how else it could have gone.

“Hey, Sunset…?” Rainbow said “I know how you must be feeling right now, so I’m going to tell you what I told Terra before she faced me.

…Let’s go out there and give it our all.”

Sunset smile bravely and agreed, and there was no sense in dragging it on when she had a plan to put in motion.

The plan was simple: Even though she knew their dueling would only supply The Brothers with more energy, Terra was still out there waiting to ambush them.

If all went well, not only would they secure Princess Twilight’s soul card and Spike’s too, but The Brothers would then be at their mercy and wouldn’t be able to put their plans into action. With Raven on call, and the Equestria girls and their powers, maybe they could put an end to the evil plot once and for all.

But it all depended on what happened.


The elevator dinged and the two duelists stepped out onto the platform, where the brothers were still there with the referee, and Masquerade was there too as the only present spectator.

“What are you doing here?” Rainbow asked gruffly.

He just sat in his seat with his arms folded and replied, “Maybe I’d like to watch the duel to. That way I can see both your styles, and make it easier to know who I’m going to face in the final round…

…and crush them!”

Sunset and Rainbow glared angrily at him, but ignored him and took their places on the duel platform.

“At least one thing’s for sure.” said Sunset “We’ll know which one of us is ready to face him next round.”

They took their potions, and Sunset looked out into the desert for something; and she saw the little shine of light coming from Terra’s binoculars from the clifftop far away, meaning she was watching.

That’s when she gave her the signal-- flicking her hair in back several times.


“The signal!” cried Terra, and she positioned her binoculars to flash the sunlight saying she got the message.

She then radioed to the Titans above.

“Okay, we’re ready when you are.” Robin answered.

Terra nodded and logged off.

“So we wait until the duel is about to end,” said Kori “And then we ambush The Brothers full-force.”

“Ah, yeah, now we’re talking old-school action!” said Vic.

“But wait!” cried Shining Armor, “What about Twilight and the girls? They’re still on the ship.”

“And so is Celestia,” added Luna.

Cadance looked at the ship on the screen, “I hope they all are well-prepared for all this.”


“Attention!” shouted the referee “The last duel of the semi-finals is about to begin. I repeat: This duel will end the semi-finals. Whoever wins this duel will proceed to the final round and face Masquerade for the Championship title.

Rainbow Dash…

Sunset Shimmer…

…Prepare your decks!”


The girls could hear the announcement in the hallway.

“They’re about to begin.” cried Pinkie, and then she called through the door “Come on, Twilight, don’t you want to at least see the duel?”

There was no response.

“I don’t think mentioning the word “duel” to her is a bright idea right now.” said Applejack.

Rarity and Fluttershy agreed, and worried for Twilight inside.


Indeed, Twilight didn’t like hearing that word at all and just stayed under the bed covers.

She was so upset that she had, in fact, fallen into a deep and despairing sleep, lost in her own darkness and shame.


As for Sunset and Rainbow, they stood ready and willing, and The Prince Brothers sat with eager anticipation.

“It doesn’t matter which of them wins.” thought Rubeus, and Loki was thinking the same thing he was, “This is the final duel, and then the real game begins.”

Author's Note:

It's true, Masquerade hasn't seen his own face in a very long time.

-that's how I came up with the Anagram "Karle "Wits" Plight" What anagrams can you make out of "TWILIGHT SPARKLE"

-Loki's right too, this IS the last duel... you'll find out why soon.

PreviousChapters Next