• Published 8th May 2019
  • 1,671 Views, 136 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh E-QUEST - DakariKingMykan



The Equestria Girls are going to participate in a dueling tournament.

  • ...
81
 136
 1,671

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 32: Big Brother Bash

EPISODE THIRTY-TWO

The party was held at the arcade. Celestia had reserved some party tables for the gangs, so they could all eat and play, just her way of celebrating her own making it to the finals, as well as to the certain success of their missions.

Celestia even showed her really fun-side by joining in with the games, especially playing against her sister on the Dance Game, where the two were practically equals in every way.

Celestia almost threw a fit when she miss-stepped and cost herself a game. “Fixed!” she shouted “I demand a rematch!” to which her sister acted smug and snickered.

The others all chuckled, but continued to enjoy the evening.

Well, most of them, anyway.

Rainbow was normally one for games and fun like this, but she spent most of the evening going through her deck, and thinking of seriously rearranging her cards to give her deck more strategies, knowing not only Masquerade but all the finalists would be putting up some tough duels.


Raven wasn’t up for too much playing either and she just stood on the sidelines looking bored and yawned softly while the others played the games beside her.

“Aw, come on, Rae…” said Pinkie “Try a game and give a smile.”

“Sorry, it’s just not me.” replied Raven.

Pinkie frowned, but then ran off to keep playing.

She looked over at Kori and Robin who were playing the Rock and Roll game, and Kori was a whiz with the guitars, much to robin’s frustration.

“How does she do it?” he grumbled.

His wife winked casually at him.

Vic and Applejack played a basketball shooting game, and they seemed equal in force.

“That’s what comes from pitching hay loafs into the high stalls.” Applejack teased.

Vic chuckled, “You got game girl.”

Applejack smiled.

“Oh, speaking of which.” said Vic and he held up the card that he found in the camper; just a simple “Polymerization”

“I found this in the camper.”

Applejack found that odd, but knowing what he was going to say next, she replied, “Sorry, it ain’t mine. I don’t do Fusion Summon.”

Vic figured it wasn’t hers, and he had already questioned all the duelists in the group that did Fusion Summon, but claimed the card was not theirs either.

“Hey.” Twilight said as she came up to the two, “What’s shaking?”

Vic showed her card and said he found it in the camper, to which Twilight replied, “How did that get in the camper?”

“I don’t know.” said Vic “I’ll see if I can figure out where it came from later, I’ll use the camera footage that was recorded.”

Twilight’s eyes widened slightly.


Soon, Shining Armor called the group over to the tables for food. They had it all decked out--nachos, fries, pizza, burgers, fried chicken and plenty of sodas.

“Well, not exactly my most favorable way to eat,” said Rarity “…But why not.” and she munched on the fries, but ladylike-- in small nibbles, where as some of the others just gorged like pigs which repulsed her.

“So, how did you win all your points?” Fluttershy asked to Celestia.

“Well it’s a strange story…” replied Celestia.


“I was in a virtual city, and suddenly I was approached by two twin brothers named Pyro and Cryo.

Strangely, they both came at me from different angles-- one riding on a virtual bus roof, and the other came sliding down on a drainpipe.

Both of them cornering me at the exact same time, and the duel field formed around all three of us, engaging in an actual Battle Royale. Apparently, there was nothing in the rules that forbade it.

So, we had our duel, and they both tried to team up on me, but in the end not only did I defeat them, but since I took out two duelists, I was actually awarded 40%, which brought me all the way up to 80% just like that.

The boys didn’t take it too well, I must say, but I just went along my way and found a point card that was worth exactly the 20 points I needed.

So, I made it.”

She could barely contain her excitement and glee, much to her sister’s chagrin.

“Well, I am pleased.” said Luna “And I do wish you luck in the finals.”

Sunset looked to be deep in thought.

“What’s the matter?” asked Cadance.

“I’m still wondering about those two evil creeps I dueled. What if we’re walking straight into a trap?

Remember, those guys dragged me into joining the tournament, and the same for whoever gave me these unreleased cards.”

She held up her extra deck cards. All were revealed except the double-sided blank card, which she still had no idea what it was or why it wasn’t revealed yet.

The others all agreed.

“But we can’t just abandon Princess Twilight,” said Pinkie.

“…Or Spike either.” added Fluttershy.


“All the more reason to prep up.” said Rainbow “I’m not letting anyone get the best of me this time, especially not Karle.”

The others finally realized and remembered that Karle was a finalist too.

Rainbow was still outraged that she had nearly beaten her, “At least now I’m sure of a lot more of her moves.”


Pinkie sat next to her. “Well, share the info. Any one of us could face her. Even I could end up facing her.”

Twilight remained silent, and almost looked nervous. She was even clenching her fist softly, which Shining Armor and Cadance noticed.

“You okay, Twiliy?” her brother asked.

“Oh, just… just thinking.”

Her brother and his wife sighed and shook their heads at one another.

“Twilight,” Cadance said softly “You need to tell them…”

Twilight softly shook her head, not wanting to tell the others anything.

“Hey, what’cha y’all talking silent over there for?” Applejack called.

The trio denied that it was nothing important, and Applejack wasn’t sure if she believed them-- she and her knack for sensing honesty.

“Point is…” said Rainbow “That Karle’s as whacked as you can get.”

“Well, maybe we can convince her to duel for our cause?” suggested Fluttershy.


“I don’t think that’ll work out.” said Twilight.

“What makes you so sure of that?” asked Vic.

Twilight answered quickly, “Well, I just don’t. I mean, after all… we’ve all seen Karle. She doesn’t seem to care much about anything or anyone… I mean, except for getting at Masquerade, for whatever reason.”

Much as the others felt Twilight was acting strange with what she had just said, many of them agreed, but all of them decided to try and talk to Karle as well, when they saw her again.


Sunset was still worried, about something else.

“Is something wrong?” asked Rarity.

Sunset looked up, “I still haven’t heard from Princess Celestia yet. Then at least we might know what we’re up against.”


Robin clenched his fists, “Whatever it is, or whoever it is, we’ll be ready for it.”

The others all nodded in agreement.


Terra then saw two people entering the arcade from the front-doors, “Hey, it’s Pyro and Cryo.”

The others saw them too, Celestia in particular.

“What are they doing here?” she wondered.


They saw the twins heading straight for a table in the dark back corner of the joint, where someone was eating alone.

“It’s Masquerade!” cried Kori.

“He was here all the time?!” grumbled Applejack.


They could see Masquerade was eating a simple meat burger and fries, but rather than lift the burger up in his gloved hands, he used plastic cutlery-- a plastic knife and fork-- to cut small portions off, which he could then lift up, and carefully raise his mask ever so slightly, just enough to get it up and in without revealing himself.

He did the same thing with his fries-- just lifted them up carefully so he could get to them, and he drank his soda through a straw.

Robin and Vic both eyed these ad the chances they needed-- wait until he tossed his things in the trash, and then fish them out to scan for saliva samples.

The Twins approached Masquerade.

“Hey, you!” snarled Pyro “You owe us a rematch.”

“Yeah,” added Cryo “We’re duel right now in another battle royale, and this time it’s going to be a fair fight.”

Masquerade paid them no notice.

“Hey! Did you hear what we said?” yelled Pyro.

…Still no response.

“We’re talking to you!” Cyro called.

Masquerade still paid them no interest, and he go up, and busted his tray, which had not a morsel left, and while his soda can was empty, he pocketed it and the straw, as well as the cutlery.

“He’s taking them with him!” Vic cried softly.

Robin growled softly.


Masquerade headed for the doors, still ignoring the rude boys.

They chased him outside.

“This can’t be good.” Said Terra, and she got up and headed for the door herself.

“Terra…!” called Robin, all the others felt trouble was about to happen, and they all rushed to the door.


There, they found Masquerade blocked off surrounded by the two boys and who else but Jackie and Jillian.

“You two again!” snarled Terra.

Many features of the gang went hard and cross.

The two nasty girls scoffed.

“Well, well, it’s an entire geek convention.” mocked Jackie.

“We’re here for Mascara, so you all just run along now.” added Jillian.

Pinkie looked cross.

Raven seemed neutral, “Do you girls, ever get any names right?”

The girls looked cross, but Masquerade called to the gang, “They’re actually right, for once… Get lost! I don’t need an audience.”


“Why you…!” Rainbow was looking ready to rush him, but the others held her back, not wanting to make more trouble.

Masquerade then faced the two girls, and then looked behind him at the twins. “So you two paid these two wannabes? I am seriously surrounded by morons.”

Every single one of the others took great offense to that.

“Who are you calling a moron?!” growled Pyro.

“Oh, you are so asking for it!” added Cryo.

Masquerade shook his head, “I already took care of your two losers, and frankly I’m sick of all these pathetic attempts for you to try and prove yourselves.

You can’t beat me, and that’s final!”

He said that as if he was addressing everyone, including those in the gang.

The two sisters narrowed their eyes, finally seeing how arrogant this guy was, just as the gang warned them.

Jackie and Jillian still refused to back down.

“You’re going to duel the boys, and that’s final!” sneered Jackie.

“Yeah, get your game on, Mascara!” taunted Jillian.

“It’s “Masquerade.” he growled at them, “And not only would I crush these bozos again, but I don’t even have to duel them.

I’ve got a tournament to prepare for.”

He then cast a look at the others, preferably the finalists. Though his face was not seen, it was like he was giving them a glare warning them that they would all lose.

Rainbow, Sunset, Pinkie, Raven, and Celestia all glared at him crossly.

Twilight did as well.

Masquerade then turned to face the boys, “But fine, I suppose I’ll just waste my time and pound these two brats again, just to show that I mean business.”

The boys felt really aggravated, but delighted that they’d have their chance to crush him after all.

“This ought to be super sweet.” hissed Pyro.

“Yeah,” agreed Cryo “And don’t forget the other part of the plan…”

What nobody else seemed to realize, was Jackie and Jillian had their cellphones strapped to their belts and were recording everything, hoping to catch Masquerade being defeated and looking like a fool to the boys.

Masquerade only chuckled “You two couldn’t beat me before; what makes you think it’ll be any different now?”

The boys snickered,

“Because we’ve got a bet to make with you,” said Pyro “You’re not allowed to use any of those instant victory cards you use, no card effects that destroy monsters or inflict damage, and the only monsters you’re allowed to use must have no more than 500 attack points.”

A few gasps were shared amongst the crowd.

Jackie and Jillian winked at one another believing Masquerade wouldn’t have a chance.


“That’s not fair!” Cadance called “How is he supposed to duel you with--”

“Be quiet!” Masquerade snapped at her.

Cadance winced, and Shining Armor didn’t take kind to the bad attitude.

“I accept their lame challenge.” said Masquerade, and he reached into his overcoat and pulled out a deck. “I have all kinds of decks after all, for every kind of occasion, and this one should crush you both.”

The twins and the girls were annoyed with his cheek.

“No matter,” sneered Cryo “We’ll take you down anyway. So let’s do this.”

The boys prepared their duel disks, and Masquerade was read too.

“DUEL!!”

Masquerade LP: 8000

Pyro: 8000

Cryo LP: 8000

“Are you recording this?” Jackie asked to Jillian.

“Sure am. This ought to be interesting. There’s no way that kid can win this.”


The others all looked at the duel with awe. They really didn’t know which side to root for, but all of them seemed more focussed on Masquerade than the boys.

“How can he win with a deck full of weak monsters?” Sunset wondered in thought. “He seems confident, but this I have to see.”



“I’ll go first…” said Masquerade “And I summon a monster face-down in defense mode, and then I place one card facedown.”

He then pointed straight at the boys, “If you have any dignity left in you, you’ll do the smart thing and run while you can. I give you this one chance.”

“Dream on,” growled Pyro. he had to skip his draw phase due to the battle royale duel.

“I summon BROTHERHOOD OF THE FIRE FIST – BEAR!”

(Atk: 1600)

“Then I place one card facedown, and it’s over to Cryo.”

His brother nodded, “Everybody freeze…

I summon DANCE PRINCESS OF THE ICE BARRIER!”

(Atk: 1700)

“Then two cards facedown.”


Terra took notice of the boys’ moves. “Those are the same cards they played during our duel.”

“What do you think they’re up to?” asked Fluttershy, but naturally Terra couldn’t answer since the duel ended too quickly.


“It’s my turn,” said Masquerade. He drew his card “Now I’ll tribute by facedown monster to summon another monster facedown.”


“What?” snapped Pyro.

“Are you going to just keep on cowering like that?” added Cryo.

“Keep telling yourself that.” hissed Masquerade, “Now make your moves.”

Pyro was feeling flamed up, “Oh, the heat is on.

I draw…!”

He looked at his card, and then over to his brother.

Cryo nodded at him, telling him not to worry and go for it.

“I play a field spell called MOLTEN DESTRUCTION!”

The entire field warped into an area of a lava land, surrounded by erupting volcanos and molten lava pits.

“Whoa! Turn on the A.C.” Applejack groaned as she lossened her collar and fanned herself with her hat.

“Oh, my mascara will be ruined!” whined Rarity.

Pyro snickered, “All Fire-Type monsters now gain 500 attack points, but they lose 400 defense- points.”

(Atk: 1600) -----> (Atk: 2100)

“Tell me something I don’t know.” grumbled Masquerade.

Pyro huffed, “I’ll burn you for that burn.


“Yeah, teach him a lesson!” Jackie hollered

Jillian snickered wickedly.

Pyro agreed and held up his next card.

“I summon BROTHERHOOD OF THE FIST FIRE – HAWK!”

(Atk: 200) -----> (Atk: 700)

“And now I activate the continuous trap known as, FIRE FORMATION - KAYIO, and thanks to it, all Beast-Warrior monsters I have gain an additional 300 attack points.”

(Atk: 700) -----> (Atk: 1000)

(Atk: 2100) -----> (Atk: 2400)

“But that’s not all that happens. Now Hawk’s special ability activates. Since I have a “Fire Formation” card out, all “Fire-Fist” monsters gain another 500 attack points.”

(Atk: 1000) -----> (Atk: 1500)

(Atk: 2400) -----> (Atk: 2900)

“Check it out!” cried Kori “His monster’s attacks just keep growing!”

“And worse, Masquerade doesn’t have any cards that can destroy monsters.” added Robin.


Masquerade didn’t seem the least bit worried as he just stood there with his arms folded, waiting for his opponent to finish his move.

Pyro really felt Masquerade was asking for it now!

“It’s time I taught you a lesson!

Fire Fist Bear, attack, and wipe out that defense monster of his.”

“That Figures you would.” sneered Masqerade, “I play the trap COMPULSORY EVACUATION DEVICE! This trap doesn’t destroy monsters, but sends it right back to your hand.”

“Oh, yeah…?” hissed Cryo “Think again, because I play TRAP JAMMER, so I’m afraid your little trap goes bye-bye.”

Masquerade stood where he was, not even growling or cringing in anger.

With his trap gone, his monster got struck hard, but in fact, it had revealed itself to be a huge load of stone walls forming a maze around him.

“The LABAYRINTH WALL!” cried Pyro

Masquerade nodded, “That’s right, and with a defensive power of 3000, I’m afraid your monster isn’t near as strong to break it.”

Pyro then chuckled, which turned into Maniacal laughter.


“Um… what is he laughing about?” Pinkie asked nervously.


“Still think I can’t take you out? Well, maybe I’ll just need, a little more help from my brother.”

“You got it,” said Cyro “I activate the quick play card RUSH-RECKLESSLY.”

Everyone else, except for Masquerade gasped.

“This baby lets me target any monster in the field and boost its attack by 700 points, like my bro’s bear.”

(Atk: 2900) -----> (Atk: 3600)

The bear finally struck the wall, blasting it down into rubble, and it’s dust clouds billowed around Masquerade and faded out.

The brothers shot a thumb up at each other.

“And that’s not all,” called Pyro “My Kayio trap has one other effect; an effect that makes you take damage form my attack even if your monster was in defense-mode.”

Masquerade LP: 8000 -----> 7400

Masquerade still didn’t even flinch.


“What is with that dude?” Jillian wailed “Doesn’t he know how to show any fear?”

Jackie clenched her fists, “As long as he loses, we’ll be fine.

Get him, boys!”


Pyro agreed.

“I activate my Bear’s special ability. Since he caused you damage this turn, I can now set one “Fire Formation” spell card face-down on my field, straight from my deck.

And I choose FIRE FORMATION – YOKO.”

The card instantly popped out of Pyro’s deck, allowing him to place it face down on the field. but Masquerade still didn’t move an inch.

“Still not scared?” taunted Pyro “Well you will be when I send my Hawk to attack you directly!

Go!”

The Hawk let out a screech and dove straight at Masquerade.

“I don’t think so!”

“What?”

“From my hand, I discard KURIBOH!”

The moment he had ditched his card, the little monster actually appeared on the field, and took the hit from the Hawk himself.

Fluttershy winced, and then nearly burst into tears. “Oh! That poor little creature…!”

Masquerade didn’t seem to care much.

“Thanks to that move, I didn’t take any damage from your attack.”

Pyro’s lips curled into a snarl, “You lucked out, but this isn’t over.

I place one card facedown, and that ends my turn. So it’s over to Cryo now.”

Cryo nodded, “Okay, I draw…!”

He liked what he had gotten.

“I think I’ll play a field spell of my own. UMIRUKA!”

A huge tidal wave appeared out of nowhere and splashed across the entire field, and actually comingled with the hot lava scene.

“First hot lava, and now cool water?” cried Terra “What is with these two boys?”

Cryo snickered, “Just like my brother’s card powers up his fire monsters, now all Water monsters gain 500 attack points but lose 400 defense points. So my Princess gets a big power boost.”

(Atk: 1700) -----> (Atk: 2200)

“And while I’m at it, I summon the Tuner monster, CRYOMANCER OF THE ICE BARRIER!”

(Atk: 1300)

“A tuner monster…!” cried Sunset “That means he can Synchro Summon!”


Cryo snickered, “I tune level 2 Cryomancer with my level 4 Princess, and from the ice age comes a creature that’s going to give you a big frostbite!

I Synchro Summon DEWLOREN, TIGER OF THE ICE BARRIER!”

(Atk: 2000) -----> (Atk: 2500)

The great big creature let out a mighty roar, sending snow from the ice part of the field towards Masquerade, blowing the flaps of his overcoat, but he, himself, still hardly seemed fazed.

“And to make things even worse for you, I’ll chill him further with the Equip-Spell STEEL SHELL, which boosts his attack power by another 400.”

(Atk: 2500) -----> (Atk: 2900)

“His monster just got way pumped up!” cried Rainbow.

“And I think it’s only going to get worse,” whimpered Rarity.


Indeed, she was right when Cryo called out, “Now I activate Dewloren’s special ability, which lets me return as many face-up cards I have to my hand.”

In a flash of freezing winds, both spell cards he had just played went back to his hand, and his monster’s attack dropped back to its original 2000.


“What would he do that for?” wondered Raven.

Cryo snickered, “My monster now gains 500 attack points for every card that I just returned to my hand until the end of the turn.”

(Atk: 2000) -----> (Atk: 3000)

“Three-thousand?!” cried Luna “So that’s why he took his cards back.”

“And it only gets worse.” said Celestia “Now he can put those two spells back into play, which will power up his monster again!”

Indeed, Cryo put both spells back into play, powering up his monster again, to 3900 attack points.

Cyro grined wickedly at Masquerade…

…While Jackie and Jillian snickered wickedly.

“That monster’s got enough power to wipe out half of his life points.” said Jackie.

“Oh, I’ll treasure this move well.” chuckled Jillian.

“Okay!” Cryo called “Dewloren, attack his life points directly.”

His tiger roared and began to charged straight at Masquerade.

“Time for the big pounce!” called Cyro.

“Down kitty!” snapped Masquerade, and there on the field appeared a small monster, “I defend with RAINBOW KURIBOH!”

(Def: 100)

“What?!” wailed Cryo “Where did that little guy come from?” then he suddenly remembered the first monster Masquerade had played, and then tribute for the Labyrinth Wall.

Masquerade nodded, “When you declared a direct attack, I was able to summon this little guy out of the graveyard, so he’ll intercept your attack, and leave me unscathed.”


The attack was getting closer.

“Really?” hissed Cryo “Well that would be sneaky, but we’re sneaky too.

Right Pyro…?”

“Ah, yeah,” agreed his brother, “I play the trap DEFENDER’S INTERSECT, and it force your little pipsqueak there to change from defense to attack mode!”

(Atk: 100)

Masquerade growled softly, and the attack struck him hard.

(Atk: 3900) VS (Atk: 100)

Masquerade LP: 7400 -----> 3600

The crowds all groaned and gasped for him, while the twins and the nasty girls laughed wickedly.

“Take that!” Cryo sneered “Now I place one card facedown, and that ends my turn, and my monster’s attack becomes 2900, but it’s still way strong.”


Masquerade merely grunted.

As for Sunset, she thought deeply, “I bet that’s another card that’ll he’ll use to help his brother out.

These two are completely messing with the rules. They just gang up on Masquerade and don’t ever go after each other.”


Masquerade still didn’t seem too impressed.


“Come on,” shouted Pyro “You have to admit that was awesome.”

“I would if that were so, but it isn’t.” sneered Masquerade, and he drew his card.

“Now I play POT OF GREED, so I may draw two cards.”


The girls couldn’t understand why he was conceding, and felt he had more guts than they thought, but they were both growing impatient.

“How long do I have to wait to see this freak lose?” grumbled Jillian.

“You know I can hear you,” called Masquerade “And for your information, I won’t give up because I’m not going to lose.”

He simply placed a monster in defense-mode, and two cards facedown.

“Go ahead, if you dare.”

The boys growled and gnashed their teeth at him.

“What’s with this guy?” thought Pyro “Doesn’t he realize he’s only digging himself into a deeper grave?

Well, maybe he’ll listen to my cards then!”

He drew his card, and liked it a lot, but before he could play anything.

“I activate a continuous trap!” shouted Masquerade “Go GRAVITY BIND, and it enables me to stop monsters level 4 and higher from attacking!”

“Ha!” sneered Pyro “Big mistake you just made, and I thought you knew about every card in the game?

I activate my face-down card that I set last turn, FIRE FORMATION – YOKO!

This baby gives my Beast-Warrior monsters and extra 100 attack points each.”

(Atk: 1500) -----> (Atk: 1600)

(Atk: 2900) -----> (Atk: 3000)

“But that’s not all. When this spell is first played, all I have to do is discard one Beast-Warrior to my graveyard, and I can destroy any face-up card you control.”

The Gravity Bind card was destroyed instantly.

Masquerade growled softly.

“But that trap was his best chance of defense!” cried Pinkie.

“This isn’t looking good.” added Kori.

Masquerade however was silently thinking, “That’s just what I was hoping for.”


Pyro continued his move, “Now I summon my own Tuner, BROTHERHOOD OF THE FIRE FIST - SPIRIT!

And it gets powered up thanks to all the bonus of all my other cards.”

(Atk: 500) -----> (Atk: 1900)

“And when it’s summoned, I can summon a “Fire fist” monster from the graveyard, as long as it has no more than 200 defense points, like the monster I just ditched…

…BROTHERHOOD OF THE FIRE FIST – ROOSTER!”

(Def: 200) -----> (Def: 0)

“When it’s summoned, I can add a “Fire fist monster from my deck to my hand, but it won’t matter to me, because now I’m about to Synchro summon just like my bro did.

I tune level 3 Spirit to my level 3 Hawk!

We turn up the heat, and I Synchro Summon BROTHERHOOD OF THE FIRE FIST – HORSE PRINCE!”

(Atk: 2200) -----> (Atk: 3000)

This new monster looked nothing like an ordinary prince and horse like you’d see in a fairy tale. Both were monstrous and flaming, which made Rarity shudder in fear.

“How repulsive!” she groaned.

The others didn’t like the looks of this monster.


Pyro snickered, “Now I activate my Horse Prince’s ability, which lets me summon a Hawk from my Deck to the field, to further boost my monsters!”

His Hawk appeared in a fiery blast, and his monsters powered up again.

(Atk: 200) -----> (Atk: 1600)

(Atk: 3000) -----> (Atk: 3500)

“And it’s all over for you now!” Pyro shouted “Remember, my Fire Formation – Kayio card allows my monsters to deal you piercing damage.”


He then looked over at his brother, and nodded at him.

Cryo nodded too and then called over, “And if you think that facedown card will save you, think again!

I play my face-down, MYSTICAL SPACE TYPHOON!”

The crowds all gasped, but the two nasty girls grinned as the strong winds began to billow.

“Oh, no you don’t!” sneered Masquerade “Remember, I’m many times the duelist you bozos are, and I can out match you with anything!”

“What?!” snapped Cryo.

“You got to be kidding!” added Pyro.

“But I’m not,” hissed Masquerade “But I’ll show you that I’m not bluffing. Activate SPELL TEXTBOOK!”

“Argh…!! Not that again!” groaned Pyro.

“It still gets destroyed!” said Cryo, and the card did in fact shatter.

“Too late though,” said Masquerade “Its effect is already activated, which makes me discard all the cards I have, then I draw a new one, and if it’s a spell card, I can play it instantly.”

He ditched the only card he was holding.

“By the way, since I discarded DANDYLION, that means I get to summon two Fluff Tokens to my field to further shield me!”

The two little puffs appeared right before him.

(Def: 0) x2

The brothers were not impressed.

“And now,” said Masquerade “…For my draw!”

He placed his hands over his deck and drew his one card, but didn’t look at it, for he knew his deck and the way it was all too well.

“I activate ONE DAY OF PEACE!”


The brothers gasped.

The two nasty girls nearly fainted in shock, while the team all smiled with glee.

“That’ll protect him well,” said Fluttershy “Now each player draws one card, and until Masquerade’s next turn, neither player takes any damage!”

The duelists each drew a card, but Pyro fumed at Cryo.

“How could you let him do that?”

“Me…?! You’re the one that insisted I do it! Not like it wouldn’t matter anyway if you had just waited a moment.”

The boys continued to bicker, much to Jackie and Jillian’s annoyance.

“This is great, now he’s got them fighting against each other!” groaned Jackie.

“Hey, you two…!” Jillian shouted “Stop arguing and finish the duel!”

The boys calmed down.

“I may not be able to deal you damage,” sneered Pyro “But I can still destroy your monsters!”

He ordered his Horse Prince to attack the facedown monster.

“You just attacked my FIBER JAR!” said Masquerade, and he watched as the monster exploded in huge flames.

“No!!” cried Pyro.

“Now you’ve done it!” called Cryo.

“Indeed you have,” hissed Masquerade. “When thanks to my jar’s ability all players are now forced to shuffle all cards on the field, in their hands and graveyard into their decks, and then draw 5 cards each!”

Every single card on the field vanished, including the waters and the volcanos on the field and the players were all forced to refresh their hands!

“I can’t believe this!” said Robin “He’s really coming back from the brig!”

Vic agreed, “I sure hope we can at least talk to him when this is over.

With his skills working for us, we could win everything.”

The others were all still skeptical about such an idea, but they were impressed with Masquerade’s dueling, especially Twilight.

She narrowed her eyes squarely at him, and clenched her fists softly.

Shining Armor and Cadance knew what she was thinking, and shook their heads in dismay.


“Way to go, Pyro!” snapped Cryo “We just lost all our best cards and strategies because of you!”

“How was I supposed to know he’d do that!” protested Pyro.

“SHUT UP BOTH OF YOU!!” shouted Jackie.

“If you guys want your money then stop bickering and duel this masked-moron!” added Jillian.

The brothers growled, but knew they were right.

Pyro couldn’t play any monsters, but he was glad his hand was refreshed.

“I’ll place two cards facedown, and end my turn.”

He then called over to his brother, “Don’t mess this up, Cryo!”

Cryo growled at him, but drew his card, and then grinned at it. “This will be perfect.

I play DOUBLE SUMMON, which lets me summon two monsters this turn, and who better than not one, but two, DEFENDER OF THE ICE BARRIER!”

(Def: 1600) x2

Even Pyro smiled at the monster.

“Hey, good ones.”

Cryo agreed, “Especially since these two are out together, it makes it so Masquerade can’t attack us with any monster that has a higher attack than their defense.

And since my hand was refreshed, I can play this equip-spell on one of them, SHEILD ATTACK! So now it switches my monster’s attack with its defense!”

(Def: 1600) -----> (Def: 200)

The brother snickered and gave each other a big thumb up.

“I’ll throw two cards facedown and end my turn.”

The brothers felt most confident, and felt that anything Masquerade would throw at them now would be worthless, given the fact that he couldn’t destroy any of their face-downs, or the Shield Attack card


“Okay, so not fair here!” protested Rainbow “Not only can’t he destroy all those cards, but with that monster’s defense at 200 and a deck full of wimps…!

…Even I can see a way out of this.”

Masquerade turned having heard her, “And this is why I’m the best duelist, and all of you are anything but!”

Features hardened at everyone, and the brothers were confused.

“You still think you can actually beat us?” teased Pyro.

“You’re even crazier than you look with that mask on.” added Cryo.

Masquerade drew a sixth card, “Am I now? Well let’s just see then!”

He looked really fired up.

“Um, Jackie…” groaned Jillian “Why am I getting a sick feeling in my stomach?”

Jackie didn’t answer was starting to tremble.


Masquerade then taunted the boys a little further, “You two boys think you’re so great-- setting me up with this weak deck and having a battle royale so you can gang up on me, but so far I’ve managed to make it this far because I’m not dependant on others, while you two kept bailing each other out and wasting your best cards on one another.”

The brothers didn’t take kind to these insults.

“The joke will be on him!” Pyro thought “I’ve got two traps ready to go the minute he tries to summon or attack.”

Cryo looked at his brother and they nodded at one another as Cryo thought, “With my shield barrier up, and two face-downs to shield negate any monster effects he tries to pull out.

We got this made! There’s no way he can stand up to all this, especially because he can’t destroy any of our cards.”

Masquerade then held up his first card, “I activate the spell GIANT TRUNADE!”

“Ah!” cried Pyro.

“No Way!” shouted Cryo.

“Way!” snapped Masquerade “This spell sends all the spells and traps on the field back to the players hands.”

Powerful winds billowed across the field and blew the images of all the brothers’ cards away.

“No!” cried Pyro.

“No fair, man!” whined Cryo

“Actually it’s quite fair.” said Masquerade “You only said I couldn’t use effects that destroy, but I haven’t destroyed a single thing all duel long.

But right now, that’s all about to change as I destroy you two!”

The brothers and their employers cringed nervously, while the gang looked on with anxiety of what he was about to do.

“I summon JINZO NUMBER 7!”

(Atk: 500)

“And I’ll enhance him with this Equip Spell, AXE OF DESPAIR which raises his attack by 1000!”

(Atk: 500) -----> (Atk: 1500)

“Wow! Fifteen hundred points!” cried Pinkie “Now he’s really cooking with gas.”

“Maybe,” said Cadance “But that monster’s too weak. It can’t destroy those monsters.”


“I don’t think that’s what he’s going for.” said Shining Armor.


Masquerade snickered, “That guy, speaks the truth. I’m not going for your monsters…

Jinzo Number 7 can bypass your monsters and attack you directly!”


The brothers gasped hard, as did the nasty girls.


“But before he does,” said Masquerade “I do have one last card to play.

I activate BERSERKER SOUL!”

Everyone gawked in curiosity, but others did nervously.

“First I have to discard my entire hand to the graveyard, but then, since my Jinzo has 1500 attack points, he gains a really special power now.”

He held up his duel disk and motioned to his deck.

“I’m draw cards one at a time, and I’m not to stop until I draw a spell or trap, but for each and every monster that I draw, my Jinzo is allowed one extra attack, over, and over, and over!”

“No way!” cried Pyro.

“You can’t!” added Cryo “You’ll never get that lucky!”

“I don’t need to be lucky.” said Masquerade “At least not as much as you think. Remember, I stacked this deck to suit my needs.”

The boys felt their stomachs lurch, as if he was trying to tell them the deck was loaded with monster.

“Let’s begin…!” and drew his first card. “A monster…!”

Then he called to his Jinzo, “Attack Cryo directly!”

Jinzo obeyed, and fired a laser blast which passed by Cyro’s monsters and struck him hard.

Cryo LP: 8000 -----> 6500

“Cryo!” cried Pyro.

“Now for my next draw!” shouted Masquerade, and he took another card, “Well, well… another monster. Know what that means?”

He ordered Jinzo to attack Pyro then, striking him hard,

Pyro LP: 8000 -----> 6500

“I draw again…”

It was a monster and he attacked again… and again… and again…

“Well, I’d say this isn’t your evening boys.”

Due to his exceptional skills at calibrating his deck, he drew monster-after-monster-after-monster… and managed to keep attacking over and over and over… until the boys were knocked over back hard as the last of their life points were wiped out!

PreviousChapters Next