• Published 8th May 2019
  • 1,659 Views, 136 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh E-QUEST - DakariKingMykan



The Equestria Girls are going to participate in a dueling tournament.

  • ...
81
 136
 1,659

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 49: Sick Psyche Out: Final Part

EPISODE FORTY-NINE

Onboard the camper, The Titans and the councillors didn’t know how much more of the suspense they could take.

“Man, I don’t know who’s actually got this, Karle or Masquerade.” said Vic “They’re look like this duel means more to them than just a simple prize in the tournament.”

Luna understood what he meant as she thought, “This entire tournament has been nothing but trouble from the start.

Almost everyone participating is dueling for a different reason; chasing after power, glory, wealth, justice, and revenge.

So many mixed emotions, so many heated duels! This cannot go on much longer, or I fear dreadful things will happen!”


Shining Armor was still worried about Twilight and the others, wondering how they were making out on their mission, but the duel was so exciting he could hardly voice it.

Cadance was sweating bullets and wiped her brow. “I wish this duel would end already. I mean, both Karle and Masquerade keep exchanging blow for blow, but are hardly getting anywhere.”

Robin agreed with her, “Still, it gives us time to prepare for action, and then we can stop The Prince Brothers once and for all.”

Kori nodded, “I wonder if Terra’s alright down below? I bet it’s hot in the desert.”


It sure was, and Terra was running out of water from her canteen.

“Whew!” she groaned “It’s getting hot out here. I hope they put the plan into action soon.”

For now, all she could do was observe the duel through her binoculars, but it was a little hard to see due to all the dark clouds Karle had formed with her monsters.

Karle LP: 6000

Masquerade LP: 4600

Karle glared Masquerade down angrily, and both her monsters were still chained up.

Karle was panting stressfully, but it felt more comforting than aggravating. “This duel!” she thought “This is the duel I’ve been waiting for, a duel that truly push me to my limits and forces me to give it my all!

I’ll finally show the world who’s the better duelist, and Masquerade will be nothing but a disgraced loser with nothing but the same humiliation he handed me before!”

Celestia looked up at Karle from her seat, still wondering about what she saw in her dream-- those letters, and how they rearranged themselves…!

She also thought back to a few other things she had seen lately, like how Twilight Sparkle kept running off, and how she seemed to have a tan-line on her finger at some points, but then other times she didn’t.

Yet, Karle and Twilight were both in the same place at the same time.

“No! I can’t believe it…!” she thought silently “…But how can I not? It all seems so clear. If only I had one more shred of evidence…!”

Just then, someone, a member of the ship crew, arrived through the elevator lift and approached The Prince Brothers in their private box.

He whispered something to them, which worried Sunset.

“Uh, oh!” she thought, “I hope the others haven’t been discovered, or our entire plan is busted!”

The Brother’s seemed a little disturbed to hear the Forbidden Room alarm was sounded.

“You’re certain there was no one?” asked Rubeus “After all, alarms don’t just sound themselves.”

“I assure you,” replied the worker “…We found no one inside. The eletronic lock was in perfect working condition as well.”

Loki tapped his finger repeatedly on the arm of his chair, seemingly frustrated, but then he simply looked calm. “That will be all. Leave us.”

The worker bowed to his masters and left as told.


The Brothers looked at each other and nodded, agreeing that there was no need for concern.

“Those fools actually think we are unaware of their plots to sneak against us.” thought Rubeus.

Loki thought the same thing, “The plot is actually against them. There is naught any of them can do to stop us. Already they have failed to stop the energy flow, and that was to be expected.”

He began to visualize the tanks in the Forbidden Room, still absorbing the power from the duel, and how the tanks were made of strong material, infused with Malefic Magic.

“Try and as they would, they would have found nothing could be done.”

Rubues smirked wickedly as he thought, “…And the worst is yet to come… for all of them.”



Sunset didn’t like the sinister looks and the haunting silence of the brothers, and she felt something really bad had happened to her friends.


Just then, however, her friends came through the elevator, all looking worried, and Applejack carrying an unconscious Twilight on her back.

“What happened to Twilight?” cried Fluttershy, but Applejack let her fall to the floor with a thud, exposing the truth.

“I-- It’s a… Robot!” cried Pinkie.

Karle felt her stomach churn, “Oh, no! This is so not good!”

Masquerade was surprised himself.

The spectators all huddled in close to examine the dead android, and as for Celestia, her heart gave a sickening pounding. “So it’s true!” she thought “What I saw was the truth!”

Those onboard the camper could see everything, and Shining Armor was going crazy, “Twily! She’s hurt! She’s unconscious!” he shouted “I’ve got to get down there! I’ve got to help her!!”

Cadance felt just horrified, but suddenly, “Wait a minute!!” shouted Vic “Something ain’t right here!”

Everyone ame over to the screen, “What is it?” asked Robin.

“Look at the life detection.” Said Vic, and he switched the screen to an electronice map, and flashing green dots showed the life-signs of the people present-- except for Masquerade, who could not be detected due to his electrodes.

“Look here…” Vic said pointing at the spot where everyone was huddled around Twilight, but there was no flashing dot in the center indicating that Twilight was there.

“What?!” snapped Shining Armor “What does that even mean?!”

“Calm down, dear!” said Cadance “Let them work it out.”

Vic flipped the camera back to live footage, and then zoomed in as close as he could.

“Wait, what’s that?” asked Kori as she pointed to the side of Twilight’s head.

“It looks like a wire.” said Luna.

Everyone felt most befuddled, but Vic immediately focussed the sensors on Twilight, and composed a diagnostic scan.

“What the---?! That’s not Twilight; it’s some kind of robot-duplicate!”

A sickening silence befell everyone as they all stood with their eyes wide and their mouths agape.


Finally, Luna broke the silence, “If that’s an android, then, where is Twilight?”

Nobody had a clue… except Shining Armor. He thought, “If that’s just a copy of Twilight… then that could mean…” he looked at Karle, and then he asked Vic to scan her.

Surely enough, the computers had the results, forcing everyone back into their shocked state.


“Excuse me!” called the referee “But there is a duel in progress. Please do not distract the players.”

Rainbow gave the man a sharp look, “We’ve got a crisis here! Our friend is missing!”


Celestia finally spoke up, “No! She isn’t missing!”

Everyone turned to face her, and then she turned sharply and pointed up at Karle, “Admit your identity, Twilight Sparkle!”

Karle froze, completely stunned, but knowing she was licked; she reached to the ring on her finger, on her left hand, and gave the green jewel a single twist…!

The ring began to glow, as did her entire body, and she transformed back into Twilight Sparkle herself.

Everyone, even Masquerade gawked in extreme shock, and Twilight looked a mix between furious and frightened!

“Wow!” said Raven, and that was all she said.


Terra, saw everything through her binoculars, and she shook her head in denial, but she had to face facts and couldn’t deny what she saw. “Twilight, you crazy kid; what is all this?!”



Rarity and Pinkie could hardly believe this, remembered they had both dueled Karle, and yet.

“It was Twilight all the time?!” cried Rarity and she fainted flat on the floor.

Pinkie was trembling with horrors and crushed feelings, remembering how Karle taunted her, and how she was mean and rude to her friends.

The others were all aghast.

“I can’t believe this!” cried Sunset “Twilight, what is all this?!”


Twilight’s eyes flooded with tears of regret.


Masquerade looked closely, “I ran into her the day I arrived in Canterlot City, and even then she seemed familiar.”

Suddenly, it all came back to him, three years ago at the Math-a-thon in Japan.

“…Of Course!”

The other girls, still all flustered and upset by all this, all turned to face Celestia.

“Is that what was bothering you?” asked Fluttershy.

“How did you guess she was Twilight?” added Applejack.


Celestia explained everything, “I had my suspicions for a while, think back…

Twilight would always leave mysteriously, and then Karle would show up later, followed by Twilight’s return.

Twilight seemed to show little to no emotion at all-- almost as if she were non-human.

Sometimes, Twilight appeared with a tan line on her finger where a ring would be, and sometimes she didn’t.”


Then, reaching into her pocket and pulling out her cell-phone she showed the girls something most unusual.

“Her name “Karle “Wits” Plight” she then rearranged the letters around, “It’s an anagram of “Twilight Sparkle!”


“You!!” the referee shouted at Twilight “You are hereby disqualified for entering this tournament under a false alias!”

Twilight feared this would happen, and she felt her insides caving in. She had come so far to get her revenge, and now it was all over just like this?


“No!” called Masquerade “Let her stay.”

Everyone turned to face him.


“I’d rather this duel continue. We’ve already come this far, and as a pro-gamer I prefer to see things to the finish, and I also don’t like winning by default, that is for low-level players!”

Twilight was surprised that he was defended her, but then again it seemed more like he was trying to defend his own honor.

“That is very noble,” said the ref “But the decision is not yours to be made. There are rules in this tournament to be abided by and those who willingly break them--”

“Hold it!” shouted Rubeus “Masquerade has a good point. It would not be fair publicity to other viewers who are tuned in to this duel.”


All across the world, people who were tuned in were glued to their smart-phones, televisions, and computers. Some people in big cities, including Canterlot, were all huddled outside in city squares looking up at big screens, or looking at multiple TV screens in the windows of electronic stores.


“The duel shall proceed!” said Loki “That decision is final.”

Masquerade nodded thankfully, and the Brothers nodded at him, but really their main reason for continuing the duel was to provide more energy that they needed, and they couldn’t afford to stop the duel now.

Twilight was virtually speechless, but all in a split second, she had forgotten all about her guilt and shame from what she did to her friends, focussing only on Masquerade and the resentment she had towards him.

“You’re going to regret that!” she warned him. “I’ll place one card facedown, and end my turn!”

Her hand was now empty and it was over to Masquerade.

“My draw…!”

He now had five cards in his hand.

“Just a moment!” snapped Twilight “Your Mirage of Nightmare card activates. Now you have to throw four cards out of your hand!”

Masquerade did just so, leaving him with only one, but he was snickering wickedly. “You didn’t think I wasn’t prepared for that, did you?”

“Huh?”

He held the single card up high, “I now activate the trap DISGRACEFUL CHARITY!”

Twilight gasped. “You played a trap?! That means you sent another Makyura The Destructor to the graveyard!”

“Very good…” taunted Masquerade “And I suppose you also are aware that thanks to my trap, Disgraceful Charity now allows me to add all the cards I discarded from a spell effect back to my hand.”

This refreshed his hand back to the four cards he had before, and he grabbed one of them.

“Stand back!” he shouted “I’m about to unleash a creature that will win me this duel once and for all!”

Twilight growled, while all the spectators shuddered nervously. Some of them were still already badly shaken up by Twilight’s deceit!

“What’s he summoning?” asked Rainbow.

“Whatever it is, I’m sure it’s real dangerous!”

The dark clouds seemed to swirl as lightning flashed above Masquerade. “From the graveyard, I now banish seven monsters!”

“Seven monsters?!” cried Raven.

Seven monster images appeared above Masquerade-- Card Guard, Chaos Hunter, Giant Germ, Great Maju Garzet, Kuriboh, Puppet Master, and his first Makurya the Destructor from when the duel began-- and all sevel images zapped themselves into the card he was holding, making it pulsate with dark energy.

“Now, behold my monster!!” shouted Masquerade “I summon RAINBOW DARK DRAGON!”

The enormous beast descended from the sky-- the absolute largest monster played all game long, and it roared loudly, making lightning flash and winds billow.

(Atk: 4000)

Fluttershy was so scared that’s she leapt up and hid behind her seat.

“Look at the size of that big brute!” cried Applejack.

“He sacrificed seven monsters to summon it?” asked Pinkie “He must’ve been planning this from the very beginning.”


Masquerade snuffed, “Now I banish another card from my graveyard, NECRO DEFENDER!”

The image of a monster no one recognized appeared.

“Let me guess,” sneered Twilight “That’s the card you discarded earlier in the duel?”

She thought way back…


“Now I use Destruction Jammer, discarding this card to use it.”


“Wow, someone’s really using her brain today.” hissed Masquerade “Then again, how come you weren’t able to figure that out before? Is it because you figured I had so many alternate plans than you couldn’t pick out just the one?”

Twilight grumbled softly.

“Well, my gain comes from your loss, now that Necro Defender is banished, I’ll use its special ability on my Rainbow Dark Dragon, so until the end of your next turn, my dragon cannot be destroyed in battle, and any battle damage I would take from it becomes zero!”

Twilight was growing more frustrated.


The others all felt angry with her, but this still did not excuse her actions of deceit. They all were looking forward to some serious explanation when this was all over.


“Next I summon one monster in defense-mode!” said Masquerade “Rainbow Dark Dragon, I order you, destroy that Leo Dancer once and for all!”

Leo Dancer was still bounded by the chains and couldn’t move, and the huge dragon opened its jaws, ready to unleash a wave of dark bursting energy at her!

“I don’t think so!” snapped Twilight “I activate the face-down card, MYSTIK WOK!

So now I tribute Leo Dancer, and I add her attack points to my life points, and you miss your target!”

Her monsters vanished just in time, causing the attack to miss, and her life points got a huge boost as promised.

Twilight LP: 6000 -----> 9500

“Too cool!” cried Rainbow “Now she’s got way more life points than he does.”

“Don’t count Masquerade out yet!” cautioned Sunset “Now he gets a replay so he gets to attack again.”


Masquerade called up to his dragon, “Attack Lunalight Cat Dancer!”

(Atk: 4000) VS (Atk: 2400)

“My Cat Dancer can’t be destroyed in battle!” Twilight shouted “And I don’t mind taking damage since I boosted my points!”

Her Cat Dancer was struck hard, but held her ground as promised as Twilight braced herself from the oncoming shockwaves.

Twilight LP: 9500 -----> 7900

“MASQUERADE…!!” she shouted “You WON’T win this duel! I have a score to settle with you, and I intend to settle it!!”

Masquerade, of course, took the threat lightly, while thinking silently, “I’ll bet you do, kid, and for me I’m not sure I can blame you.”

He took a moment and remembered some things silently to himself, now that he knew who Twilight really was.

Then he snapped awake “I’ll place two cards facedown, and end my turn.”

His hand was empty once more, and Twilight could tell why he did that.

“It’s my move, and I draw!” she called “That means Mirage of Nightmare lets you draw cards again.”

Masquerade drew four cards as promised.

“I now activate one of my face-downs,” he called “Activate TWIN TWISTERS! I send a card in my hand to the graveyard, and I can destroy two cards on the field, such as your Lunalight Wolf, and my Mirage card!”

The two cards were destroyed instantly, leaving Masquerade with only three cards in hand.

“No!!” groaned Twilight.


“An excellent play,” said Celestia “Now the Mirage card won’t hurt him next turn, and he ruined Twilight’s ability to Fusion Summon.”

Rarity, having recovered from her faint, fanned herself with her hand hard, “I don’t know what’s worse!” she groaned “The fact that our friend betrayed us, or this duel is heating up to beyond imaginable!”

“For once, I actually agree.” said Raven “These next moves could determine the entire match if played just right!”



Twilight was already angry enough as she studied Masquerade’s field.

“I can’t let him win! I’ve worked too long and hard for this!” she thought to herself. “Now, I know for a fact that facedown monster is Makyura The Destructor, which means if it gets sent to the graveyard, Masquerade will be able to use traps from his hand again this turn.”

Then she looked up at the dragon, and how it was snuffing at her, ready for a brawl.

“I can’t destroy it if I attack it, and he’ll take no damage either, but I do have another idea that should work.”

“I activate my facedown SHEILD CRUSH, and it’ll destroy your overgrown lizard there, because it’s the only monster with the highest defense points!”


“How pathetic!” sneered Masquerade “I activate MAGIC JAMMER! Now I discard one other card and stop your spell from activating and destroy it!

How do you like that?”


Twilight snickered “I like it just fine, since you fell for my decoy!”

“What?”

“Now I activate the spell MONSTER RECOVERY!”

Masquerade grumbled.

“Now I send Cat Dancer back to the Extra Deck, and I get to draw five new cards to refresh myself to take you down!”

Once she drew her five cards, she grinned most wickedly, which was most unbecoming of her to the others.

“I don’t like the looks of this one bit!” cried Sunset “She’s completely slipped away from us.”

“It’s like her obsession with Masquerade and this duel has completely changed her.” agreed Rainbow.


Masquerade then took three cards off of his deck.

“What are you doing?” asked Twilight.

“Just activating a special ability of the monster I just discarded-- KING OF ABSOLUTE BACK JACK!”

Twilight clenched her fists, “No…! When that’s sent to the graveyard you can rearrange the top three cards on your deck.”

“Right, very good!” he replied sarcastically as he put his cards back.

“Well, I’m not worried!” sneered Twilight “After what I have planned, you won’t be able to do much of anything!

I play DIMENSION FUSION! I pay 2000 life points…”

Twilight LP: 7900 -----> 5900

“And we each summon monsters that we have banished!”


“Fine by me.” said Masquerade “I call forth CHAOS HUNTER, WALL OF ILLUSION, and NECRO DEFENDER, all in defense-mode!”

(Def: 1600)

(Def: 1850)

(Def: 800)

Twilight nodded, “I bring forth all of my faithful friends…

“LUNALIGHT CAT DANCER…” (Atk: 2400)

“LUNALIGHT PANTHER DANCER…” (Atk: 2800)

“LUNALIGHT BLACKSHEEP…” (Atk: 100)

“And two, LUNALIGHT BLUE CAT(s)…” (Atk: 1600) x2

Both sides now had five monsters at the ready.


“I don’t get it,” said Pinkie “Why would she let him summon monsters to his field too?”

“I think she’s cracking up under pressure.” suggested Applejack.


In a way, Twilight was starting to crack, and seem pretty frazzled too, but in actuality it was all part of her plan.

“Now I activate the spell LUNAR ECLIPSE!”

A large moon rose up from behind her and bathed the field in even more darkness than ever.


“What’s happening?” cried Rarity.

Fluttershy whimpered and squeaked, “I don’t like the dark!”

Even Raven had to admit, “I can hardly see anything in all this.”


By this point the entire field was shrouded in such darkness, even Terra couldn’t see anything through her binoculars.

“What going on over there?”


Even the Titans had lost visual with the duel because of the holographic smog, forcing Vic to flip on the infrared, and at least they still had sound.

Shining Armor was still in deathly shock that his sister was actually dueling, and had been all this time!

No one said a thing.


Masquerade looked at the darkness all around him.

Twilight snickered wickedly, “Scientific research shows people aren’t scared of the dark itself, but what lies within it that does it, and I’ll tell you what lies in this darkness… power… a power so great that, until the end of your next turn, my Lunalights are completely unaffected by the effects of spells and traps.

…That includes your Regulation of Tribe card!”

With that, all the chains broke off of her creatures, which allowed them to attack.

“Furthermore, my two Blue Cat’s get to use their special abilities, doubling the attack power of my Cat Dancer and Panther Dancer!”

(Atk: 2400) -----> (Atk: 4800)

(Atk: 2800) -----> (Atk: 5600)

“But I’m still not finished. I play DOUBLE FUSION again!

You remember how this works, don’t you? First I pay 500 life points…”

Twilight LP: 5900 -----> 5400

“And now, I can make two fusions instead of one, and I’ll start with my Cat Dancer, and one of my Blue Cats in order to summon Panther Dancer!”

(Atk: 2800)

“But now… with my second fusion, I’ll fuse her with Blacksheep and my other Blue Cat to summon out my third LUNALIGHT LEO DANCER!”

(Atk: 3500)

Twilight, so overconfident and blinded by her lust for vengeance and overwhelming power, decided not to use Blacksheep’s ability to get a Lunalight to her hand, and who could blame her for not wanting too?

The three Lunalight warriors all stood together and nodded at each other.


“Look at that lineup!” cried Sunset “All three of her strongest monsters together!”

Rainbow nodded and could barely find words to say, but she wondered how Masquerade could possibly avoid any attacks this time.


“This is it!” Twilight thought “After all this time of planning, studying, spending endless days and nights preparing-- I’m finally going to get my revenge, and nothing he throws at me will stop me this time.”

She engaged her battle phase. “It’s time! Lunalight Leo Dancer, attack and destroy Necro Defender!”

Her monster complied, and leapt over towards Masquerade’s field, slicing the little monster in half with its mighty blade and destroyed it instantly!

“And now her special ability activates, destroying every other monster you special summoned, and that includes your Dark Dragon!”

The dragon growled, and the Leo Dancer’s sword began to spout lightning and strong winds ready to unleash her fury.

Suddenly, the dragon began to glow and it just vanished!

“Huh?” cried Twilight.

“What just happened?” asked Pinkie.

“It just disappeared.” said Applejack.


Masquerade snickered, “Not really it didn’t.” and he revealed the card was in his hand. “He’s right here, thanks to my trap; COMPULSARY EVACUATION DEVICE, he won’t be destroyed now.”

Twilight growled, but still ordered Leo Dancer to blast away three of his other monsters, leaving behind only the facedown Makyura.

“My Leo Dancer is allowed to attack again!” shouted Twilight and she ordered it to strike, and it did destroying the creature just like that.

“Ha!” shouted Masquerade “By doing that, you’ve allowed me to activate traps from my hand this turn, and I now activate WABOKU, which will shield my life points from any damage your monsters attack with this turn.”

Twilight only smirked, “…Not this time!”

“What?”

“I had a feeling that would happen because I’ve studied your moves closely enough, and I was ready for it this time.

From my hand I activate MISCHEIF OF THE TIME GODDESS!”

Masquerade growled.


“Alright!” cried Sunset “That’s a smooth move. Now it switches over to the next turn, and Masquerade can no longer play traps from his hand.”


“But wait,” cried Fluttershy as she peeked up from behind her seat “Doesn’t that mean The Regulation of Tribe activates again.”

Celestia shook her head, “I don’t believe so. The effect of Lunar Eclipse lasts until the end phase of Masquerade’s next turn, but technically he hasn’t had a turn yet. Twilight has merely skipped to the battle phase of her next turn.”

Applejack tried, and tried to figure all this out her mind, but all she did was make eyes spin. “Ugh! I hate this technical stuff.” she groaned.


“It’s over Masquerade!” shouted Twilight. She clenched her fist and roared up loudly at the sky “AT LONG LAST… I’M GOING TO WIN!!”

Masquerade clenched his own fists.

“Now my Lunalights…” shouted Karle “…Attack Masquerade directly and win me this duel!”

The three monsters all charged forth.

“This is it!” cried Rarity “I don’t know why, but I’m suddenly all giddy with excitement!”

“Come on…! COME ON!!” shouted Rainbow. She really hoped the attack would hit, and Masquerade would be finished for good!

Everyone watched with extreme anxiety as the monsters all stood ready to strike!

“I win!!” shouted Twilight “I’ve Done It!!”

“Ha!” scoffed Masquerade “What you are is pathetic as always!”

“What…?!”

“You knew what my King of Back Jack did when I sent it to the graveyard.”

Twilight gasped, “Oh, no!”

“Oh, yes, it seems you spent so much time grand-standing that you forgot it has another ability.

During your turn, I can banish him out of the graveyard, which allows me to take the top on my deck, and if it happens to be a Normal Trap, I can activate it immediately!”

Twilight began to shudder and sweat nervously as she whimpered in thought. “He rearranged his cards!”

Masquerade confirmed her worst fears as he took his card without even looking, “I activate IMPENTRABLE ATTACK!”

“AAAAAHHH…!!”

Twilight’s monsters attacked him mercilessly, but he just stood there casually and let them wail on him, and he didn’t budge an inch.

“Attack me all you like,” he called to them “You cannot damage me at all!”

Everyone gawked in horrors as the monsters continued to wail on him and didn’t even scratch him or budge him, until finally they backed away, and he laughed wickedly at their failures.

“No way!” cried Rainbow “He actually survived it?!”

Sunset could hardly believe this at all. “It seems no matter what Twilight tries; he’s always one step ahead of her!”

Twilight’s battle phase was finished, and she was trembling angrily and fearfully.

“This can’t be happening!” she cried in thought, “I was counting on this last turn to win it all!”

She looked down at the last card she held, and she angrily placed it facedown, which ended her turn.

Masquerade snickered, “Well, I would say this has been fun, but I’d rather say… It’s all over for you now!”

He drew his next card giving him four.

“I activate GRACEFUL CHAIRTY, so I draw three cards and send two to the graveyard.”

He did just so, and he loved what he had drawn and discarded.

“Now then, since I have seven Dark monsters in my graveyard again, I’ll banish them all so I can, once again, summon my Rainbow Dark Dragon!!”

The images of his monsters-- Chaos Hunter, , Giant Germ, , Legendary Fiend, Makuyra the Destructor, Necro Defender, Wall of Illusion, and another Kuriboh he had discarded for Twin Twisters-- they all appeared and seeped into the card he held up, repeating the thunderous darkness to billow and crash!

“…Show yourself my dark beast!!” shouted Masquerade, and his mighty dragon appeared once again and let out its roar!

(Atk: 4000)

“Stare into the face of defeat!!”

Twilight, furious as ever, held up her hand “I don’t think so… I play the trap THREATENING ROAR!

The mighty trap let out a powerful, air piercing, roar at Masquerade.

“Now you won’t be able to call any attacks this turn!”

Masquerade growled.


The spectators all felt their hopes regaining again, but it didn’t last long as Masquerade began to laugh.

“You’re kidding me, right?” he asked “That’s your last resort?”

“Yes!” snapped Twilight “and it’s worked! You can’t attack me at all this turn!”

Masquerade could only laugh “You just never learn, do you? you can study my moves all you like, but in the end it will never be enough!”

“Enough!” shouted Twilight “You can’t stop me and that’s final!”

“Oh, but I can!” protested Masquerade “And you’ll see why when I activate DNA SURGERY!”

“What?!” cried Twilight “Another trap from your hand!” she paused and realized, “Oh… don’t tell me…!”

“Yes, I discarded my third Makyura the destructor which was in my hand all the time, allowing me to play traps once more, and now, as for DNA Surgery, I can change all the monsters all the field into Spellcasters!

…Or, excuse me, your monsters don’t get affected, so that means only my dragon will transform!”

The dragon then magically donned a magician’s cape and a pointed hat, but it still looked ferocious, while Pinkie thought it was cute, but she wondered “Why would he turn his monster into a Spellcaster?”

Everyone else had a sickening feeling…!


Masquerade snickered, “And now, I activate Rainbow Dark Dragon’s special ability, by removing my third Giant Germ, Makuyra, and another monster I discarded, I can increase his attack power by 500 points for each monster!”

(Atk: 4000) -----> (Atk: 5500)

“It’s got 5500 attack points!” cried Rarity. She began to feel faint again.


Twilight wasn’t concerned much. “Nice move, but too bad you can’t attack this turn because of my trap!” then she gasped “…Unless!”

“Unless, you didn’t think that I wasn’t prepared for that too!” thundered Masquerade “From my hand I activate the trap, GRAVEROBBER!”

A cute little guy appeared on the field, with a nasty grin and a wicked laugh.

“Not Graverobber!” cried Twilight, and before she knew it, the little guy leapt over to her side of the field and snatched a card out of her graveyard, and leapt back over to the other side of the field, handing Masquerade the card he stole, and he revealed it to her, making her eyes bulge wide. “…My Mischief of the Time Goddess!”

Everyone realized what this meant!


“That means he can the turn ahead, and he WILL be able to attack!” cried Sunset.


“Before I do, however,” said Masquerade “I activate this spell; DIFFUSION WAVE MOTION, and now I’ll chain it with MISCHIEF OF THE TIME GODDESS!”


“He’s playing two spells at once?!” asked Fluttershy.


“Probably so whatever effect he plays can be used this turn.” suggested Celestia.


The magic of the Time Goddess shifted the turn over, and the first spell remained active.

“Unfortunately there are prices to pay.” said Masquerade “Since I used your spell, Graverobber forces me to give up 2000 life points, and in order to activate Diffusion Wave Motion, I must give another 1000.”

Maquerade LP: 4600 -----> 1600

“But thanks to all this, I have succeeded in sealing your fate!”

Twilight growled as she gawked up at the dragon.

“You see, Diffusion Wave Motion can only be used on a Spellcaster monster, hence why my dragon got a makeover, and now thanks to skilful strategizing I’ve made, this spell now enhanced my monster’s attack power.

…My dragon can now attack all three of your Lunalights at once!!”


“No!!” Twilight thought in horrors, “His dragon is strong enough to wipe out my Lunalights AND my life points!”


Masquerade dragged his finger across his throat at her and hissed very deeply “… Game Over!!”


“Twilight!!” cried Sunset.

“She’s got to do something!!” screamed Pinkie.

“There’s nothing she CAN do!” cried Raven.


His dragon roared and prepared to attack with the energy glowing in its huge mouth!


“AAAAHHH…!!” Twilight winced back a bit, and then she screamed at the top of her lungs, “MASQUERADE… I WILL NOT BE DEFEATED BY YOU AGAIN!!!!!”


“TRY AND STOP ME!!” bellowed Masquerade “…RAINBOW DARK DRAGON… ATTACK!! SILENCE THIS KID ONCE AND FOR ALL!!!”


His dragon unleashed blast after blast of huge energy flames straight at Twilight’s field, striking the three screaming Lunalights!

KAPOW!! All three of the ladies exploded, and the huge flares billowed past a snarling growling Twilight!!

Twilight LP: 5400 -----> 0

She trembled with the vibrations of her field as the winds ruffled her long hair and blew off her glasses while all she could do roar in outrage, and behind her seemingly appeared an image of Karle, shouting “NOOOOOOOO…!!” as she was vanquished in the flames!


The spectators all covered their eyes from the brightness until it died down, and there stood Masquerade gazing squarely at his opponent, while Twilight collapsed onto her knees, and all her cards slipped out of her duel disk as the images faded and the darkness lifted.


Terra could hardly believe what she had seen, while those onboard the camper were positively horrified and upset from what they had just seen.

“Twilight…!” Shining Armor murmured softly.


The referee made the official announcement. “Winner: Masquerade!”


Trembling hard, and her tears flowing in her eyes, Twilight angrily pounded the hard metal of the platform; “NOOOOOOOOOOOO….!!!!”


The spectators were all horrified; Sunset had tears in her eyes. “Twilight…”


Masquerade stepped forth, “I remember you now… You’re that nerdy kid I taught a lesson to at the Math-a-thon three years ago in Japan.”

Twilight looked up at him miserably as he continued to taunt her.

“How incredibly amazing: You’ve spent all this time studying, planning, chasing me down to exact your revenge, and you even went to such lengths to deceive your friends, pretending to be someone else, only to be on your knees in despair and failure once more?

I guess I wasn’t wrong about you…


…You really are the saddest and weakest opponent I’ve ever had!”

Those exact same words that broke her years ago struck her right in the middle with so much force, Twilight could only hang her head down as her tears splashed onto her hands, and she was too upset to even sob.

Rainbow looked edgy for a fight, “Let me at him! Just let me at him, just once!!”

Sunset and Celestia held her down because it wouldn’t be smart or right to do such a thing.

Seeing his job was done, Masquerade stepped off the platform and headed for the elevator, while all anybody else could do was watch the miserable and crushed Twilight Sparkle as she was… a total wreck!

Author's Note:

Author's note too big, so I'll put it in a blog...

https://www.fimfiction.net/blog/905620/authors-note-blog-yugioh-e-quest-ep-49

PreviousChapters Next