• Published 8th May 2019
  • 1,674 Views, 136 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh E-QUEST - DakariKingMykan



The Equestria Girls are going to participate in a dueling tournament.

  • ...
81
 136
 1,674

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 47: Sick Psyche out: Part 1

EPISODE FORTY-SEVEN

The duelists were all slowly being transferred up, up, up to the dueling platform via their seat lifts.


“Attention please!” the referee announced “The first duel of the Semi-Finals will commence in ten minutes. Duelists are being transferred to the top of the platform; all spectators may proceed to the top as well, or return to their suites to observe the duels from there.”

Pinkie, remembering the plan, jumped for joy. “Ooh, ooh! This is our chance! We can sneak off and--”

She was silenced by Applejack again, and the others gave her a strict and stern look.

“Shutting up…” Pinkie muttered behind Applejack’s hand.

The Prince Brothers didn’t quite hear them, and even if they had, they didn’t seem to act too concerned, and they just headed for the elevators, not wanting to miss the duels close up.

As the lift doors began to close, Loki noticed Celestia having another dizzy spell from his magic dust. “Not quite yet,” he muttered softly “But soon! Soon..!”

Rubeus only rolled his eyes and shook his head.


“Are you alright?” asked Rarity.

“I don’t know.” said Celestia “I just feel a little tired that’s all.”

“Maybe you should go back to your room and rest awhile.” suggested Fluttershy.

“No, no, I’m fine, really.” protested Celestia “Besides; it’s about time we all did… “You know what.”

Pinkie opened her mouth to blab, but then covered it with her own hands trying to hold back.

Twilight did some calculations, “With the Prince Brothers distracted watching the duels, some of us should go looking for the stored duel energy, while the rest of us go up there to the top to watch the duels. That way it will help with the distractions.”

It was agreed, and the teams split up as arranged.


Celestia, Pinkie, and Fluttershy would head up to watch the duels, while Raven, Applejack Rarity and Twilight would search for the duel energy and hopefully shut it all down to stop The Prince Brothers from achieving their goals.

Terra would go with them so they could put the other part of their plan into action: To get Terra outside so she could sneak into the desert, where she would use her powers to sneak up on the Prince Brothers and get Princess Twilight and Spike’s soul cards out of their custody so they’d have no bargaining chips left.

“Do you really think this plan will work?” asked Rarity.

The others had no idea, but it was their best and only chance to finally tip things in their favor, as well as save the world.

They called a break, and went their ways.

The trio going up headed for the elevator, with the referee.

“Are you not joining us?” the referee asked the others.

“Oh, um… no…” Rarity bluffed “It’s just, I missed my morning bath, and I always take one.”

“And we’re all tucked out a bit from watching that last duel,” added Applejack “We’d like to rest in the guest sure, but we’ll watch the duels on the TV.”

The fib fooled the man, and so he let them off, and the elevator doors shut.

Applejack wiped her brow. “That was close, but I really don’t like lying like that, even if it is for good reason.”

“Come on, let’s go.” Raven said.


The four finalists were all at the top of the duel platform with a commanding view of the desert all around then, and the fallen Jump City in the distance.

Sunset and Rainbow looked off at the city, still ashamed at how horrible it looked, but even more so that the people had given up on the Titans and banished them.

“Do you think we can try and convince the people to re-think their decision?” asked Sunset.

Rainbow wasn’t too sure of that. “After all that’s been happening this past week, I don’t know if I even know what to think.

Ever since this whole tournament started, it’s been one big thing after another and not one shred of it has been any good.”

Sunset contemplated on that very thought, one everything happening so far, and now here she stood, having to face another crisis!

“I can’t believe Rainbow and I have to face each other in the next round.” she thought “Of course, it does mean that at least one of us will go to the final round for sure, but it puts tremendous pressure on us!”

Karle then cleared her throat, “Um… I am like, trying to prepare here. Can you go sulk somewhere else?”

“I’m not sulking!” snapped Sunset “I’m just worried.”

Karle snuffed “Well I’d be pretty worried too, since I’m about to mop the floor with all of you in these finals.”

Rainbow features hardened, “What makes you so sure? On second thought: don’t answer that. You should just be luck that you’re not facing me or her right now.”

“Well, I’m not!” snapped Karle, and she gazed way over at Masquerade, and she narrowed her eyes furiously at him while he just stood leaning on the railings with his arms folded.

She marched straight over to him with her hands on her side.

“You better prepare yourself,” she sneered at him “It’s time you answered up for all the things you’ve done!”

He slowly tilted his head upward, “Any more things you’d like to say but not mean?”

Karle gnashed her teeth, “Your tough-guy act won’t save you this time! By the time this duel is over, both you and your miserable reputation will be out on your sorry butt!”

As expected, he took the threat lightly, and said nothing to her, especially since the others had just come through the elevator.

“I’ll deal with you in a bit!” Karle threatened, and walked off.

Sunset and Rainbow noticed only three of their friends had joined them up at the top, and realized what was really happening, but they said not a word.

The referee then instructed the others, “Will the spectators kindly take their seats at the ends of the arena.”

The trio did as they were told, and Celestia had yet another spell of dizziness. She felt very warm inside for some strange reason as well.

“Are you sure you’re alright?” asked Fluttershy.

“Maybe you ate something that disagreed with you?” suggested Pinkie, but then she realized “No, you were having these spells before breakfast.

Perhaps you didn’t get enough sleep?”

Celestia shook her head. “I slept like a log, but I woke up feeling groggy.”

“Did you do anything else before bed?” asked Fluttershy.

Celestia thought back, “I remember, I sniffed the flowers that were sent to me, and…”

“Flowers, sent to you?” Pinkie asked in astounded.

Celestia pulled out the note from her pocket. Pinkie and Fluttershy gawked at the note with happy expressions and their mouths hanging open.

“You have a secret admirer?” peeped Fluttershy “How romantic!”

Celestia smiled, but then she remembered, “There was this sweet smell in the air. I felt myself slipping and…” she didn’t have to go on “…The flowers!”

Fluttershy decided to text the others to investigate Celestia’s room.


Down in the guest suit, Rarity got the message on her cellphone, and she passed it on to the others.

“I’ll check it out,” said Twilight.

“Wait!” cried Applejack “What if that gas is still in her room?”

“Not likely,” said Twilight “It would’ve leaked all through the ship through the air ducts, we would have smelled it ourselves. And in any case, I can handle it. I’ll be right back.”

She went off before the others could protest, and they shrugged it off.

“Let’s tune in to the duel arena.” suggested Terra.

Rarity flicked on the TV screen.

“We can’t make a move until the dueling starts.” said Raven “That’s when everyone will be the most distracted.”


Up at the duel arena the referee announced the arrival of the Prince Brothers, and Rubeus and Loki took their places in their private box.

“Welcome Finalists.” said Rubeus “As we have already given you our opening speeches and comments, we shall hereby forego the formalities and get straight into the dueling.”

Loki nodded, “Duel your absolute best, and we shall find out who will win our tournament and revive that one-million dollar prize money.”

The duelists all seemed tense; determined to be the one to win it all, except for Karle. Only one thing mattered to her more than the money!


On the camper, The Titans and the councillors watched the screen with tension, and this time, because the duels were outside, Vic was able to get sound in the pictures.

All of them were still unaware of what was really happening on the ship as neither Raven nor Terra had contacted them.


“This is it.” said Vic “Someone’s going to win it all today.”

Luna sighed heavily, “If only Rainbow and Sunset were not dueling each other, then the odds would be more in all our favors.”

Everyone agreed, but Kori pointed out, “Even if they weren’t dueling against each other, they still could have lost their duels.”

“Kori’s right.” agreed Robin “At least this way, one of them goes to the final round for sure.”



The referee announced the first duel was about to commence. “Karle Plight… Masquerade… please approach the duel platform.”


Sunset and Rainbow sat with their friends in the spectator area. Rainbow still seemed a little grumpy. “That should be ME up there dueling him! Not that loud-mouthed twat!”

“Rainbow,” sneered Celestia “Complaining about it won’t change. If anything you should consider yourself lucky.”

“She’s right.” agreed Pinkie “With Karle dueling Masquerade, at least one of them will be knocked out of the running for sure.”

Fluttershy nodded, “That should make the rest of the tournament a little easier.”

Sunset realized this already, but she couldn’t help but think, “Karle and Masquerade may be rude and nasty to the core, but their dueling skills are nothing short of phenomenal. Either one of them will be a threat to face.”


The two duelists took their positions and Masquerade reached into his coat to pull out yet another new deck.

He thought to himself, “I could easily crush this kid with some of my other decks, but I need to test her dueling skills. I’ve got to find out who she is and what her beef is with me. She’s not like other enemies I’ve had.”

He noted all her past duels, using the Lunalights, but he had faced many Lunalight decks before, and he had still never seen or heard of any duelist by the name of “Karle “Wits” Plight”

Just then, Karle called to him, “Hope you’re ready… ready to lose it all.”

He didn’t respond, completely uninterested in her taunting, and just stood ready as the image projectors came on, and the two players drew their cards.

“Begin the match!” called the referee.

“…LET’S DUEL!!”

Karle LP: 8000

Masquerade LP: 8000

Since Karle was the first to be eliminated from the preliminary duel, she was ordered to start first.

“Fine by me,” said Karle “And I’ll start by playing DOUBLE FUSION!”

The spectators all gawked, even Masquerade.

“What’s Double Fusion?” wondered Pinkie.


Karle already began to explain, “Double Fusion, as the name implies, allows me to make not one, but two Fusion Summons this turn, and all it will cost me is 500 life points.”

Karle LP: 8000 -----> 7500

“That card!” thought Masquerade “I haven’t seen it played or faced it for some time. There aren’t that many duelists I know who own one.

And yet, I think I recognize this opening move.”

While he was contemplating, Karle continued her move.

“Now I fuse Lunalight Blue Cat with Lunalight Black Sheep!”

As her monsters began to merge, a veil of dark, holographic clouds began to loom over her side of the field, making one half of the field dark while the other half was still bathed in the desert sunlight.

“I Fusion Summon LUNALIGHT CAT DANCER!”

(Atk: 2400)

As her monster stood proudly with her robes billowing in the breeze, Masquerade continued to gaze at it comparing Karle’s moves to incoming thoughts in his head.

He remembered facing a Lunalight deck like this one long ago, and the exact opening move was made, card-for-card.

“I’ve never seen or heard of this kid in my life, and she’s dueling just like someone. I need to play this out a bit more.”

That’s when he sent a card from his hand to the graveyard, and a bit spot of flowing darkness appeared on his field before.

“What are you doing?” called Karle.

He snickered at her, “I’m summoning a monster, that’s what! Come forth, CHAOS HUNTER!”

His creature appeared and gave a rather sinister smirk and wink at Karle.

(Atk: 2500)

“Hey!” snapped Rainbow “What’s going on here? How did he summon a monster while it wasn’t his turn?”

Sunset could already guess, “It must be a special ability!”

Masquerade snickered, “Isn’t that nice. She guessed how my card works.”

Sunset cringed angrily.

Masquerade then explained, “In case anyone else is wondering, yes; when my opponent special summons a monster, by ditching a card form my hand, I was able to bring this monster out.

And by the way, as long as she’s here, my opponent is forbidden from banishing any cards!”

Karle growled softly, but she didn’t seem too upset. She thought, “I knew he’d try and pull a stunt like this. It’s so typical of him, and I’ll bet whatever he discarded he’ll use to try and slow me up,

…But not this time!”

“Now I activate Black Sheep’s effect. Since she was used in a Fusion Summon, I get to add Blue Cat back to my hand!

Now, thanks to Double Fusion, I’ll Fusion Summon a second time. I merge Blue Cat with my Cat Dancer, and summon an even stronger creature…

…LUNALIGHT PANTHER DANCER!”

(Atk: 2800)

Her monster appeared, and the darkness over her side of the field billowed greater than ever, blocking out the sun.

“Whew… that’s better, I guess.” said Pinkie. Then she noticed the others gawking at her. “What? It was getting hot out here.”

The others shrugged, but they were still impressed how Karle was playing, and she was still far from finished.


“Now I summon LUNALIGHT WHITE RABBIT!”

(Atk: 800)

“And when she’s normal summoned, I can summon Black Sheep to the field in defense-mode!”

(Def: 600)

She raised her last card up high, “Now I invoke the power of CARD OF SANCTITY! Now we both must draw until we each have six cards.”

She got to draw six new cards while Masquerade only drew two.


“A clever way to play.” said Celestia “Not only has she managed to summon many monsters, she’s replenished her hand, while not refreshing her opponent’s hand by much.”

Even Masquerade himself thought, “Impressive, and if I’m correct, and the way she’s playing, I know exactly what’s coming next.”

Karle gazed down at her knew hand, and felt very content with what she had drawn.

“I’ve been observing Masquerade for a while now, and I’ve learned much of his styles, and ever since then I’ve been stacking my deck, waiting for this moment when I would finally take him down!”

“I now play POLYMERIZATION!”

“I knew it!” thought Masquerade.

“I fuse Black Sheep, White Rabbit, and my Panther Dancer to bring forth my deadliest creature!

…LUNALIGHT LEO DANCER!”

The ground began to vibrate as the monsters merged. The spectators held onto their seats

“I don’t think I like this!” groaned Fluttershy.

The monster gazed forth sharply, unsheathing her sword and raising it up high.

(Atk: 3500)

While down in the guest suite, Rarity and Applejack were fixated on the TV.

“I can’t believe Karle did all that and got her strongest creature in play!” cried Rarity.

“She’s dueling tougher than ever before.” agreed Applejack.

The two of them were so distracted they didn’t see Twilight come into the room, back from her investigation.

“There’s no traces of gas in Celestia’s room.” she reported “And I didn’t’ see any flowers anywhere, or anything to indicate there had been any.”

Terra and Raven found that to be confusing, but they had no time to deal with it now. They figured that with the duel in progress and everyone so busy watching; now was the perfect time to make their move.

“Let’s go find that duel energy.” said Terra “And then I can sneak out safely while no one’s looking.”

Raven agreed, and noticed that Rarity and Applejack hadn’t paid attention to anything. So she grabbed them and dragged them along with her powers, snapping them out of their trances.

They all walked out into the hallway.

“Um, any ideas where we should start looking for this duel energy?” asked Applejack.

The others never thought about that, but then Raven pointed down the hall, “How about through there?”

At the end of the hall was a large door with a notice on it which read: “No Admittance. Authorized Personal Only”

Rarity rolled her eyes “…That could be it.”



“I’ve got you right where I want you!” Karle sneered in thought “You’ll never escape me this time!”

“I play Black sheep’s ability again, which allows me to retrieve my Blue Cat from the graveyard.”


Her hand was full with six cards once more. Now she felt ready to go full out!

“Now I activate the spell FISSURE! Just like before, I’ll destroy your monster!”

“I don’t think so!” hissed Masquerade “Because I discarded Makyura the Destructor, I’m allowed to play traps from my hand this turn…

…I choose to play the Counter Trap DESTRUCTION JAMMER!”

Karle grunted softly.

Masquerade snuffed, “By discarding one card, I can stop your spell’s effect and destroy it!”

With one strike of lightning from his trap, the Fissure card was vanquished instantly.



On the camper, the gang was all outraged.

“What a cheap shot!” growled Vic “Now he can play more traps form his hand for the rest of this turn.”

Cadance looked at him with a confused expression, “Are you actually cheering Karle on?”

Vic felt awkward “Yes… No… I don’t know.”

“Hey wait.” said Kori pointing at the screen, and everyone took a good look at Karle and the huge grin she had on her face.

“What is she smiling about?” wondered Robin.


Karle wasn’t smiling, she was laughing. “You proved to me exactly what I needed to know, that you’re planning to use hidden traps to stop me this turn, and cover it up for other moves you can make.”

Masquerade grunted, further confirming things.


“Well, I’m sorry to tell you this,” Karle paused “Oh, wait, no I’m not! I’m GLAD to be telling you that it’s not going to work, since Leo Dancer can’t be targeted or destroyed by card effects anyway, but you know that, and I know you do, which leads me to realize whatever traps you have won’t be able to destroy my monster.”

Masquerade looked down at his four cards.

“This reveals that whatever you have in your hand is designed to either block my attacks, or prevent you from taking damage, or even ending the battle phase altogether.”


Masquerade was really impressed now with her deductions, but he was growing irritated by all her preaching and gloating.

“If you’re sure of yourself, why are you stalling?”

Karle felt insulting.

“You seem to have been studying me and my strategies very thoroughly, but so far you haven’t done too much to harm me, and I can assure you this much… even with all your studying, it won’t be enough!

No one can psyche out Masquerade!”


Karle looked as if she was going to explode!

"Oh, yeah?! We’ll just see!

I play this Equip-Spell, MEGAMORPH!”

Everyone gasped hard.

“Since my life points are lower than yours, Leo Dancer’s attack is instantly doubled!”

(Atk: 3500) -----> (Atk: 7000)

“It’s got 7000 attack points now!” cried Sunset.

Masquerade still stood tall.

“Now I’ll place two cards facedown, end my turn.”


Masquerade was confused, as were the other spectators.

“She didn’t try to attack?” asked Sunset.

“Well, no, it’s the first move of the game.” said Rainbow, “But I get you; I thought she’d try what she always did for sure herself.”

Masquerade was able to figure it out in his mind, “By ending her turn, she knew the effects of my Makyura would wear off, and even if she was able to attack, she knew I’d try and block her.

An interesting move, but I doubt it will save her with what I have really planned.”


He drew his card, giving him five.

“You sure played clever; I’ll give you that, but let’s see if you can actually keep up this charade!”

“Bring it on!” Karle sneered.

“Very well… I sacrifice my Chaos Hunter, and now I summon GREAT MAJU GARZET!”

(Atk: 0)

As ferocious as his monster looked, the spectators were confused.

“He sacrificed a strong monster for a wimp?” asked Rainbow.

“Don’t be fooled.” warned Sunset “Look there…!”

The monster began to grow and expand to twice its original size, making it even larger than Leo Dancer.

Karle looked up at it nervously.

Masquerade chuckled, “I’d be pretty nervous too considering my monster’s attack is actually double the attack of the monster I sacrificed to summon it!”

(Atk: 0) -----> (Atk: 5000)

“Whaaa---?! Five thousand?!” cried Pinkie “He’s got a monster with 5000 points already!”

“Well, yeah, but what good is it?” asked Fluttershy “It isn’t strong enough to take on the Leo Dancer.”


Masquerade overheard and called to her, “Do you dimwits ever WAIT until I’m finished before you make remarks like that?”

Everyone looked at him sternly.

“I now activate the spell PREMATURE BURIAL! With this I pay 800 of my life points…”

Masquerade LP: 8000 -----> 7200

“…and I revive Chaos Hunter back to the field where she belongs! Return my beauty!”

(Atk: 2500)

The hunter gave another cheeky wink, much to Karle’s annoyance.

“And of course,” hissed Masquerade “Now that your life points are higher than my own, your own Megamorph card reduces the attack points of your monster to half its original value!”

(Atk: 7000) -----> (Atk: 1750)

Karle groaned in fear.


“Now her monster is weaker than both of his!” cried Celestia.


Sunset saw this, but she was hardly convinced as she thought, “Karle doesn’t seem like the type that would let such a move like this happen!”

Indeed she wasn’t…!

“Fine and dandy, but it won’t help you!” she balked “I activate my face-down, TAILOR OF THE FICKLE!”

Masquerade growled softly.

“This spell allows me to transfer my Megamorph card to any other monster on the field, like your giant over there!”

With that, the spell was transferred to Garzet, and it lost attack points while Leo Dancer gained attack points.

(Atk: 5000) -----> (Atk: 2500)

(Atk: 1750) -----> (Atk: 3500)

Masquerade clenched his fist.

“Very well, I’ll lay two cards facedown, and end my turn, but this duel is far from over!”

The two fierce duelists glared at each other with extreme concentration and determination.

The spectators could all feel it too, as could the Prince Brothers.

“Yes,” hissed Rubeus softly “Feel the burn, focus your dueling, and give us all the power we need.”

Loki softly tapped his finger on the arm of his chair. He was starting to feel a little impatient, wanting the plan to be put into action now, but he knew he had to wait, and it wouldn’t be much longer.

The real reason he was in such hurry was so he could start trying to court Celestia.

He noticed that her dizzy spells had stopped. “Excellent.” he thought “The next step is about to begin.”


Celestia began to lean back in her seat, suddenly very relaxed. “Ohh… myyy…!” she said as she drowsed softly.

“Are you okay?” asked Fluttershy.

“Yes…” Celestia replied, but very deeply and slowly as if she was having a warm bath, or a nice backrub. “What’s… happening to me?”

Pinkie and Fluttershy were most concerned.

“You don’t think this is also because of those flowers?” suggested Pinkie.

“I don’t know.” said Fluttershy “Twilight texted us and said there were no flowers in Celestia’s room, nor any traces of gas or powders.”

Celestia snapped herself awake, like getting a second wind. She heard what the girls had said, and she knew there had been flowers in her room, because she had the note still in her pocket.

“I wonder what the girls are up to now.”



Down below, the big door wasn’t even guarded, but Raven didn’t want to take any chances of being caught on camera or anything and asked the girls to huddle close to her.

“What are you doing?” asked Applejack.

Raven didn’t answer and instead concentrated hard, “Azarath, Metrion, Zinthos!” and dark waves of aura began to spout from the gem on her forehead, enveloping everyone.

The girls all looked around, and everything lost its color, now was all dark and bleak.

“Great idea, Rae!” said Terra, and before the girls could ask what was happening, she already explained “Raven’s enveloped us in her powers. We’re invisible.”

The Equestrians were astounded!

“Stay close to me.” Raven cautioned them “If you step too far away you’ll be uncloaked.”

Before moving anywhere near the door, the gang moved towards one of the walls with porthole windows; a perfect place for Terra to escape. It was only a five foot drop to the ground.

“Remember, we’re counting on you.” said Applejack.

“I just hope you know what you’re doing.” added Rarity.

Terra felt nervous enough already, and Twilight told the girls, “Knock if off! Let’s just stay focused.”

Raven agreed, and raised her hands to the wall created a small black hole Terra could just pass through. “Hurry, before we’re seen! We’re invisible, but the wall isn’t.”


Terra nodded and quickly leapt through the hole, dropping down and landing safely on her feet, and Raven closed the wall back up.

The girls could see her outside the porthole, and though she couldn’t see them, she gave them a thumb up, and used her powers to lift up a boulder and she hovered away on it.

“That’s done.” said Applejack “Now… let’s see what’s on the other side of that there door.”

PreviousChapters Next