• Published 8th May 2019
  • 1,669 Views, 136 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh E-QUEST - DakariKingMykan



The Equestria Girls are going to participate in a dueling tournament.

  • ...
81
 136
 1,669

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 36: Showing the Showoff: Part 1

EPISODE THIRTY-SIX

The hours whiled away, and it was past sundown as the skies began to grow dark.


“It should be nearly time for the duels to start.” said Cadance.

Vic steered the camper so it flew directly about the airship where he could see the large arena and the arena inside. “That must be where they’re going to duel it out.”

“It’s still hard to see from here.” said Shining Armor.

Robin took good care of that. He flipped a switch and the cameras zoomed in perfectly on the duel arena so they could view on the monitors.

“It’s got no audio because of the plating and thick glass of the ship, but at least we can see them now.”

“Look, there they are!” cried Kori.


Everyone was starting to file out into the duel arena, which was about half the size of a basketball court, and properly sized too to make room for all the monster holograms.

The arena was surrounded by thick and solid metal sidings, and no glass to block off the coolness of the breeze, making it a little chilly like an autumn breeze.

Rarity shivered. “What kind of setting is this?” she groaned “Could they at least offer us jackets or blankets.”

“I guess the Prince Brothers weren’t kidding when they said they want everyone to duel in these circumstances! said Applejack.

“I’m surprised the breeze hadn’t blown your hat away.” said Terra.

“That’s because it’s a perfect fit. It’ll take more than just a few winds to blow this baby off.”

At least there were chairs and seats for the spectators to sit in, and two special seats on the other side of the arena; obviously for the Prince Brothers, and just as the brothers promised, there were TV cameras posted all around the arena for the live broadcasts.

Still, everyone didn’t have to be present in the arena if they didn’t want to be. They could watch the duels from their suites if they chose.

Masquerade and Raven were not present, as their duel was dead last. Raven needed some quiet time to herself, wanting to meditate while she waited, and Masquerade, he didn’t care to be present and hang around with anybody, and wanted to be alone.

“…Just as well.” the gang all felt, not wanting to put up with his bad attitude anyway.


Still, Sunset seemed rather silent and still.

“Are you okay?” asked Fluttershy.

Sunset hardly moved, as she was still remembering the threat the brothers gave her in her dream!

“HEY SUNSET...?” Pinkie shouted, finally scaring Sunset out of her trance.

“Sorry, I was miles away.”

Rainbow scoffed, “Any further away and you’d be on another planet? What’s up with you?”

Sunset quickly changed the subject. “Pinkie, what are you doing down here? You should be up there on the platform.”

Pinkie snapped upright and realized she was right, and she hopped over into the arena immediately. “Okay, I’m ready to duel!” but then she noticed Karle was nowhere to be seen, nor was Twilight.

“I passed Twilight on my way up,” said Terra “She said she needed to use the bathroom, but I didn’t see Karle anywhere.”


Just then, a referee came out through the elevator, and stepped over the duel field, and he spoke into a microphone. “Attention! Attention please…

Please welcome your hosts and grand spectators, Rubeus and Loki Prince!”

The brothers rose up from out of the floor within their private box near their seats.

The brothers bowed to their guests before sitting down softly, and Rubeus spoke up, “We look forward to many wonderful duels… from all of our grand finalists.”

Loki nodded, but then he noticed Sunset glaring at him and Rubeus, and he gave her a rather wicked stare.

Sunset quivered with anger, but she remained quiet.


Suddenly, the two elevators at the back of the arena opened, and out came Twilight and Karle.

The two girls looked at one another and then scoffed and turned away.

Twilight made her way to her friends. “Obviously I haven’t missed anything yet?” she asked.

“Not at all.” answered Celestia, but she looked back at Karle and Twilight feeling something unusual occurring, like how Karle seemed to always run off or appear at the very same time Twilight would, and how Twilight had been making weird excuses lately.

She too had also been wondering something else in thought, “Why have I never heard of this girl before? She certainly never attended Canterlot High, and I’ve never seen or heard of her before in any other time or place.”

She also noticed that Twilight didn’t seem to mind the slight chill in the air much. She didn’t even shiver, let alone complain. She just sat where she was eager to watch the duel.


Karle had stepped into the duel ring, and she gave Pinkie a harsh glare, but Pinkie kept smiling, trying to keep her optimism up.


“Attention!” the referee announced, “The first duel of the quarter finals will now begin; Pinkie Pie Vs Karle Plight!

Let the match begin!”


The disks were ready, cards drawn and points were set, but Pinkie stepped out with her arms up high and announced, “Ladies and Gentlemen and duel fans of all ages, prepare for a performance like no other.”

“…Can it!” snarled Karle “I came here to duel, not to be entertained by your little kiddy shows.”

“Aw, don’t be a sourpuss.” Pinkie chirped, and she turned to the crowds. “…Just watch folks, because I’ll bet you that by the end of this duel, I’ll make this lady smile.”

While the others didn’t think much of that, they cheered Pinkie for her optimism.

“Keep dreaming!” grumbled Karle “The sooner I finish off you, the sooner I can get to the real challenge!” she referred to Masquerade.


…He was watching the duel from his suite with his arms folded and thinking, “Who is this chick? I’m positive I’ve never seen her before in my life. So what’s her beef with me?”


Onboard the camper, the others were all tuned as well and eager to watch the match begin.

“This is it…” said Luna “…Good luck, Pinkie Pie.”


“…LET’S DUEL!!”

Karle LP: 8000

Pinkie LP: 8000

“First turn is mine!” sneered Karle “And I place two cards facedown, and end my turn.”

Everyone was astounded and confused by Karle’s move.

“She didn’t summon a single monster.” said Rainbow.

“Maybe she doesn’t have any?” suggested Fluttershy.

Sunset was not convinced as she thought, “Or maybe she’s up to something?”


Pinkie gave her hair a soft flick. “…And now folks, the great entertainer, that is me, is ready to make her first move!”

“Just go already!” thundered Karle “I’d like to beat you sometime this century!”

Pinkie held in her inner rage and drew her card.

“For my first move, I play POT OF GREED, so I can pick up two cards.


Then I’ll activate the spell BALLOON PARTY and it lets me summon two cute and adorable Balloon Tokens to join me on stage.”


With that, two very cute tokens appeared on her field, with little mustaches and playful looking faces.

(Def: 0) x2

The crowds were bedazzled, and a couple of them laughed at how cute or funny they looked, but Karle wasn’t the least bit amused and just folded her arms. “Wow! Your first move and it’s already lame!”

“Ah, but the show’s just getting started.” chirped Pinkie “Watch now and be amazed as I make these two little guys disappear so I can summon forth one of my leading stars, PERFORMAPAL ODD-EYES DISSOLVER!”

(Atk: 2000)

Her magical magician tipped his hat and bowed to the crowds.


“Isn’t that amazing?”


Karle didn’t even respond.

“No? Well let’s see if you find this amazing too…

I use Scale 1 PERFORMAPAL MONKEYBOARD and Scale 7 PERFORMAPAL MOMONCARPET to set the Pendulum Scale!”

Her two monsters appeared in the lights, and the pendulum began to swing.

She smiled up at them, “And thanks to Monkeyboard’s Pendulum Ability, I can add one “Performapal” to my hand. I choose “Lizardraw!”

“Now, I can call on as many monsters between levels 2 and 6.

…I Pendulum Summon!”

Three beams of light shot onto the field and her monsters appeared.

“PERFORMAPAL TURN TOAD…” (Def: 800)

“PERFOMAPAL FIREFLUX…” (Atk: 1200)

“PERFOMAPAL LIZARDRAW…” (Atk: 1200)

All three of her monsters stood in the spotlights, striking a pose, and Pinkie standing right by them chuckling like a ringmaster.

“And if you all think this is cool, I have special news for all of you. Thanks to Fireflux’s special ability, when a “Perfomapal” or “Odd-Eyes” on my field attacks, my opponent can’t activate any spells or traps, and now it’s time for battle!”

She engaged her Battle Phase…

…Karle’s lips curled upward, but rather into a sinister grin than a happy smile.

“Then I’ll just play one before you attack!”

“Huh?”

“I activate IMPENETRABLE ATTACK! Sorry, but I won’t be taking any damage this turn from your attacks!”

Pinkie felt shocked, and embarrassed that her plan failed.

“I can’t believe it!” grumbled Applejack “She had a sure-thing right there, and it didn’t work.”

“Poor Pinkie!” cried Rarity.

Pinkie then shook herself back into focus.

“While it’s still my Battle Phase, I’ll activate Turn Toad’s ability, which lets me change Fireflux into defense mode, but its defense points switch out with its attack points.”

(Def: 1200)

“Then I end my turn with one facedown card.”

Her hand was empty, and her field was full, while all Karle could do was snicker at her, as she drew her card.

“I activate the Field Spell FUSION GATE!”

The entire field was coated in a holographic laser grid with a large shadowy gateway above.

“Thanks to this spell, I don’t need a fusion card to perform a fusion summoning!”

Pinkie looked nervous fearing for what was coming next.


“Now!” shouted Karle “I activate the trap CHAIN MATERIAL!”

“Oh, no…! Not Chain Material?!” cried Pinkie “…Uh… what is that card?”

“Figures you wouldn’t know. If I intend to Fusion Summon this turn, this trap allows me to banish monsters in my deck to perform said fusion.”

Pinkie gasped, along with all the spectators.

“Can she really do that?!” cried Fluttershy.

“…I’m afraid so.” answered Twilight, “But the card also forbids her from attacking this turn, and any monster she Fusion Summons will be destroyed at the end of the turn.”

Rarity sighed deeply, “That was frightening! For a moment really thought Pinkie was in real danger.”


Karle heard her and laughed at everyone. “We’ll see about that, because now I activate the power of my Fusion Gate, and with it and my Chain Material, I’ll banish LUNALIGHT WOLF and LUNALIGHT BLUE CAT

I Fusion Summon LUNALIGHT CATDANCER!”

(Atk: 2400)

Her monster looked pumped up and ready for battle, but Karle was nowhere near finished. “But why stop at just one? I can use my Fusion Gate again combined with the effects of Chain Material, over, and over again!”

“Ah!” cried Pinkie, and she watched in horror as Karle banished more Lunalights from her deck and summoned two more Cat Dancers!

“And I’m still not finished!” she sneered “I activate Fusion Gate again! This time, I’ll banish two of my Cat Dancers, to summon an even bigger threat…

…LUNALIGHT PANTHER DANCER!”

(Atk: 2800)

Her panther lady gave out a fierce roar.

“Okay, now I’m starting to get scared!” whimpered Pinkie.

“Oh, you should be!” sneered Karle “Because I fusion summon again, using my Panther Dancer, my remaining Cat Dancer and one other Lunalights in my deck, so I can bring out my ultimate fighting lady…

…LUNALIGHT LEO DANCER!”

(Atk: 3500)

Her strongest lady poised her sword up high in the eerie darkness.


Everyone else was impressed, and shocked.

“She wasted a whole bunch of cards just to summon that?!” cried Rainbow “Talk about being risky.”

Everyone still felt that Pinkie was safe due to Chain Material, but still Karle was no through yet.


“From my hand,” she called “I play the spell DIMENSION FUSION!”

Pinkie gasped.

“Uh, oh…!” cried Applejack, “That’s no good! Now she revives her banished monsters!”

“Indeed I can,” hissed Karle “And it’ll only cost me 2000 life points…”

Karle LP: 8000 -----> 6000

“Now I call forth, my monsters-- my Panther Dancer, a Cat Dancer, and joining the fold is LUNALLIGHT WOLF and LUNALIGHT BLUE CAT!”

(Atk: 2800)

(Atk: 2400)

(Atk: 2000)

(Atk: 1600)

The five monsters all stood together, hissing, growling, and looking ready for action, whereas Pinkie could only gawk at them in fear.

The spectators all felt the same, including those watching from the camper.

“Unbelievable!” cried Robin “She made so many Fusion Summons in just one turn, and now she’s got a whole line of monsters.”

“Yeah, but don’t forget,” Vic pointed out “Thanks to Chain Material, she can’t attack on this turn.”

Shining Armor felt a little turn in his stomach, “Unless…!” he choked “…Unless she has another trick up her sleeve!”

The others all shuddered.


“Now!” shouted Karle “Since Lunaligh Blue Cat was special summoned, she can double the attack points of my Leo Dancer!”

(Atk: 3500) -----> (Atk: 7000)

“Seven-thousand?!” cried Pinkie “Oh, well… it’s not like you can actually use them.”


Karle snickered “Can’t I?”

“Huh?”

“I play the spell MISCHIEF OF THE TIME GODDESS!”

Everyone spectating screamed in terror, including Pinkie Pie!

“Oh, no!” cried Terra “That allows her to skip over to the next turn’s Battle Phase, so she CAN attack!”

“Pinkie!” cried Sunset “…She’s going to get creamed!”


Pinkie was sweating bullets and biting her nails nervously much to Karle’s amusement.

“I activate Panther Dancer’s ability: If I attack your monsters, they can’t be destroyed the first time!”

Pinkie growled softly.

“And here I come!

Lunalight Leo Dancer, attack Turn Toad!”

Her strongest lady grabbed her sword and made her way to Pinkie’s monster.

“And by the way, thanks to Lunallight Wolf, when a “Lunalight” monster attacks your monster in defense mode, you’ll still take damage!”

“Ah!” yelped Pinkie.


“This isn’t good!” cried Fluttershy.

“Pinkie will take a ton of damage!” added Celestia.


Everyone watched as the monster attacked…

(Atk: 7000) VS (Def: 800)

“Well the surprise is on you!” called Pinkie “…Because I have Momoncarpet’s Pendulum Ability, which cuts any battle damage I take in half!”

With that attack, Pinkie only took 3100 points of damage.

Pinkie LP: 8000 -----> 4900

…And of course, as Karle had promised, the monster was not destroyed, which was all part of her plan!

“I activate Leo Dancer’s ability: When she attacks a monster, now she gets to storm the field and destroy every monster that you special summoned!”

“No!” cried Pinkie.

“Yes!” shouted Karle as the lightning started to strike up from her Leo Dancer. “Show’s over, twerp!”

“Not quite!” snapped Pinkie “I play the trap PERFORMAPAL CURTAIN CALL, and I’ll use on Lizardraw!”

Her monster was bathed in spotlight, sparkles, and surrounded by disembodied sounds of applause.

“Now my studding star gains 600 attack points for each “Performapal” I have in play, giving him a walloping 2400 attack boost!”

“What?!” sneered Karle.

(Atk: 1200) -----> (Atk: 3600)

“And that’s not all…” teased Pinkie “For the rest of this turn Lizardraw can’t be destroyed in battle or by card effects!”

Leo Dancer only managed to destroy Fireflux and Turn Toad, since Lizardraw was immune, and Odd-Eyes Dissolver was Normal Summoned. He, too, stayed behind.

“And now,” called Pinkie “You let me use Lizardraw’s ability: Since you destroyed my monsters, I can draw a card for every “Performapal” I still have out, and that’s two cards!”

Karle was growing furious, while the spectators were overjoyed.

“Awesome!” cried Rainbow “And Lizardraw is too strong for any of the other monsters to attack!”


Karle clenched her fist! “That may be, but the same can’t be said for your Dissolver, and Leo Dancer is allowed to make a second attack.”

Pinkie growled and clenched her fists as Karle ordered the attack!

(Atk: 7000) VS (Atk: 2000)

“My monster isn’t destroyed, and I still only take half the damage!” Pinkie pointed out, and she lost another 2500

Pinkie LP: 4900 -----> 2400

“Doesn’t matter!” sneered Karle “My Panther can attack, and she will!”

(Atk: 2800) VS (Atk: 2500)

This time Odd-Eyes wasn’t so lucky, and it was blown to bits in the attack.


“My damage is still halved!” shouted Pinkie. She only lost 150.

Pinkie LP: 2400 -----> 2250

Karle couldn’t attack anymore; none of her remaining monsters were powerful enough to take on the souped-up Lizardraw.

“I’ll place one card facedown, and end my turn, which means my Leo Dancer is destroyed!”

Surely enough, her Leo Dancer exploded, as it was the only remaining monster summoned using Chain Material, but the rest of her monsters remained as they were no longer affected when revived.

As for Lizardraw, its attack returned to its original 1200.


Nobody in the crowds felt cold anymore. All that stress made them feel hot and sweaty.

“I thought Pinkie was a goner!” cried Applejack, and she called up to her, “Let us know when you’ve got a backup plan!”

“Applejack!” snapped Sunset “Don’t rattle her. She’s got a lot of work cut out for her.”


Masquerade had seen the entire turn play out, and while he was slightly impressed with Pinkie and Karle’s moves, he kept eyeing at Karle’s monsters as his only clue as to identifying Karle.

“I know I’ve seen these cards before, and this dueling style,” he thought “…But from where?”

The gang in the camper all felt hot too, and Kori cranked up the A.C. “I can’t believe Pinkie survived that.”

“Still, she’s not out of it yet.” said Cadance.


Even the Prince Brothers were astounded.

“That Pinkie Pie can sure hold herself up.” said Loki.

Rubeus agreed, “I was beginning to think the duel was over already. Let’s just see how she handle herself now.”


Pinkie was so overwhelmed that she managed to survive that turn, but rather than give into it, she smiled and complimented Karle “That was a pretty neat turn.”

Karle raised an eyebrow.

“The way you fusion summoned all those monsters? You really had me going there! You’re a great duelist and you should be proud.”

She expected Karle to at least give her a compliment, but she acted ruder than ever, “Will you just make your move already?!”

Pinkie’s lips curled, “As you wish… on with the show!”

She drew a third card.

She liked what she saw.

“Now, I Pendulum summon!”


Three bursts of light rained down, and her monsters appeared.

“PERFORMAPAL TURN TOAD…” (Def: 800)

“PERFORMAPAL FIREFLUX…” (Def: 1600)

“PERFOMAPAL ODD-EYES SYNCHRON…” (Def: 800)

Karle didn’t like where this was going!


“And now, ladies and gentlemen…” Pinkie announced “It’s time to perform a special trick with the aid of a member from my Pendulum Zone.

My Tuner monster, Odd-Eyes, will now call Monkeyboard from the Pendulum Zone to join us on the field.”

Her playful little monkey friend shrieked with glee, and leapt from the light down to where its friend was.

"Unfortunately, now that he's down from the Pendulum Zone, my Momoncarpet will have to take a back seat in my Extra Deck."

Her monster shattered.

Pinkie smiled, “But it's a small price to pay, because watch as I tune Level 2 Odd-Eyes with Level 4 Monkeyboard!

…Now, taking center-stage, I Synchro Summon METAPHYS HORUS!”

(Atk: 2300)

Her monster spread its shining wings out which bedazzled everyone, even Celestia, who loved the sight of Wyrm monsters.

…Everyone, except Karle. She was growling nervously!

“Of all the monsters for her to summon out…!” she groaned in thought.

Pinkie then glared softly at Karle and called out, “Since Horus was Syncrho Summoned with a Pendulum Monster; our opponent must now choose one of her monsters to join us here on stage. It can be anyone of them…

…But whom shall it be?”


Karle knew she had no choice, but thinking smart, she decided, “You may take my Lunalight Blue Cat.”

With that, her weakest creature leapt over onto Pinkie’s side of the field, much to Pinkie’s enjoyment.

“What are you smiling about?” asked Karle.

Pinkie snickered, “Well, who wouldn’t be smiling… without a little magic to liven up the show?”

“Ah…?”

“I activate the spell LEVEL MIRRORING!”

Karle grunted in shock!

“This lets me select a monster I control, and a monster you control. So now, with a snap of my magic fingers…” she snapped as promised “…Blue Cat now has the same level as Panther Dancer-- 8!

And now, I think I’ll help myself to your Fusion Gate spell, so I get to Fusion summon without a Fusion Card myself!”

Karle growled as she watched Pinkie banish her own Blue Cat with her Lizardraw.

“Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome out my faithful fusion friend, PERFORMAPAL GATLINGHOUL!”

(Atk: 2900)

Her freaky monster growled as he armed his bazooka, much to Karle’s chagrin!

“Aww, there’s no need to look so grim.” said Pinkie “…At least I don’t have to, because since my Gatlinghoul he can deal 200 point of damage to my opponent for every card she has, and how many does she have?”

“…FIVE!!” everyone shouted out from the sidelines.

“Correct!” hollered Pinkie “And that makes 1000 points of damage!”

Gatlingghoul fired his bazooka straight through Karle’s monsters, striking her hard!

Karle LP: 6000 -----> 5000

“But wait…” called Pinkie “This show is far from over; because now I use my ghoul’s other ability. With a single blast of his big bazooka, he can make Cat Dancer disappear just like that!”

Indeed, with one blast, the Cat Dancer was blown to pieces and the shockwaves flew past Karle.

“You’ll pay for that!” she shouted.

Pinkie smirked, “Actually, you’re the one who will pay, because you lose life points equal to the attack points of the monster you just lost!”

With that, Karle lost a walloping 2400 points!

Karle LP: 5000 -----> 2600

“Yee-Haw…! Way to pit those points, Pinkie!” cheered Applejack.

“An excellent comeback!” said Twilight.

The others were all pleased with how Pinkie was doing now, so was Pinkie herself.

“And now, watch as I engage battle, and you all know, my Fireflux prevents my opponent from playing any spells or traps until after the Damage Step!”

Karle growled, and Pinkie ordered her ghoul to destroy Panther Dancer.

(Atk: 2900) VS (Atk: 2800)

“Why you----!!” Karle growled.

Karle LP: 2600 -----> 2500

“Uh, uh, uhn…” Pinkie teased, “Never interrupt the performer until after the show.”

She then ordered her Horus to destroy Lunalight Wolf, which it did!

(Atk: 2300) VS (Atk: 2000)

Karle LP: 2500 -----> 2200

“And now, to conclude this great act of attacking…” announced Pinkie “I activate Turn Toad’s ability to switch my Fireflux from defense to attack-mode, and switch its defense points with its attack!”

(Atk: 1200) -----> (Atk: 1600)

“Oh, no you don’t!” thundered Karle “Now I activate CALL OF THE HAUNTED!”

“What?!” snapped Pinkie.

“Now I use this card to revive my all powerful Panther Dancer!”

(Atk: 2800)

Pinkie could hardly believe this, and she had no choice but to end her battle phase, with a smile no doubt and one facedown card.

“I have to admit, you’re unlike most duelists I know, Karle.”

“Please, spare me your friend speech! Anymore of it and I’m going to be sick!”

Pinkie’s features hardened, she was finally starting to lose her patience.

“Look…!” snapped Karle “I joined this tournament for one reason and one only, and that’s to duel Masquerade and teach him a lesson he won’t soon forget, and nothing and no one is going to get in my way of it, and certainly not a PUNY PAIN IN THE NECK LIKE YOU!!”

Pinkie felt the full force of her shout, and clenched her fists angrily!

Fluttershy whimpered and hid behind Celestia, trembling.

“I’ve never seen such an infuriating young lady.” said Celestia “A month’s detention would sort her out.”

The others all felt the same, not about the detention, but the fact that Karle was indeed on Masquerade’s level.

“She’s got such an obsession!” said Rarity “And I know obsession better than most.”

Twilight shook her head pitifully, “An overdevelop sense of vengeance can often dominate one’s mind, but I sort of understand how Karle feels.”

Everyone felt she was referring to the time she, herself, lost to Masquerade three years ago and would like payback!

Still, this did not excuse Karle’s rash behaviour and rude demeanor.



As for Pinkie Pie, despite her waning strength to keep her cool, she remained undeterred as she thought, “Somehow, I’ll get through to Karle. I especially won’t let her get away with insulting me and my friends, or the way I put on a show.

I’ll make her smile yet, and that same goal is what I’ll use to win this duel!”


To Be Continued…!

PreviousChapters Next