• Published 8th May 2019
  • 1,671 Views, 136 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh E-QUEST - DakariKingMykan



The Equestria Girls are going to participate in a dueling tournament.

  • ...
81
 136
 1,671

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 43: Sorry Attempts

EPISODE FORTY-THREE

“And this winner of this duel is Masquerade!” shouted the referee “The Quarter Finals have been concluded, and the finalists stand thus…”

A large screen popped up from the side of the duel platform and showed pictures of the four remaining finalists-- Karle, Rainbow, Sunset, and of course Masquerade.

Of course none of the others seemed to notice or care about that.

“Can’t you see that Raven’s hurt?!” shouted Sunset.

“She’ll be fine.” Masquerade sneered and he hopped off the platform.

“How do you know?!” shouted Rainbow “You just knocked her clear across the field and you brush it off like that?!”

Fluttershy and Applejack calmed her down before she did something she would regret.

Rarity then angrily stood and called to the referee, “I speak on all of our behalves when I say,” and she pointed forcefully at Masquerade “…Disqualify this… this… scoundrel at once!!”

“Yeah!” agreed Pinkie.

Masquerade only shook his head grimly at their pitiful attempts, and headed for the elevator.

Once again, the referee assured the ladies that there could be no disqualification. He even showed them all an instant replay on the screen to just before the final blow.

As it turned out, by zooming in on his fist, Masquerade didn’t actually make contact with Raven’s face when he attacked, but had in fact stopped at the last couple of inches. Raven had merely been blown off the platform by the immense force of the shockwaves due to the power levels being so high.


Masquerade still found it amusing socking it to Raven like that, and he cautioned the others, “Consider it a small sample of what is in store for the rest of you if I AM FURTHER PROVOKED!!”

The elevators doors shut and his lift carried him down below.

The ladies were ever so furious, especially Rainbow and Sunset, and Twilight too!

“He is so going down!” Twilight remarked. She sounded as if she was planning to take him down herself.

While some of the girls picked up Raven’s cards, others lifted her up and carried her into the other elevator to take her back to her suite.

“How rude!” grumbled the referee, and he turned to face The Prince Brothers, “They wouldn’t even stay to hear your remarks, masters.”

Rubeus stood and held up his head, “We can dispense with it for now. There are other things we must attend to.”

He then reached over to the intercom on the wall of the box, “Prepare for dinner to be served, I’m certain our guests will be starved.”

“Yes sir.” answered a voice.

He then turned to head in, and noticed his brother was still in his seat lost in a dreamy daze, and he was thinking of Celestia, picturing her in a blue sky background with her long hair fluttering in the winds as she drew a card rather seductively and winked.


“Loki…” he called snapped his fingers in front of his face, snapping his brother out of his trance.

“Oh, my apologies… I seem to have it worse than I thought.”

Rubeus rolled his eyes.

Loki stood and suggested, “Perhaps I should start courting the lady Celestia tonight-- try to win her in my favor at least.”

“That, I fear, may be a tad difficult.” warned Rubeus “She is well aware of our true natures, and you know that her loyalties lie with her students and friends.”

“Perhaps…” agreed Loki “However, people can be persuaded, and they can change their way of thinking.

After all, we’re going to be the absolute embers of the world, with unlimited power and all the forces at our finger tips. What woman would be foolish enough to resist that?”

He paused, and thought at least of taking it slow, step-by-step.

As he and Rubeus got into their own private elevator, Loki flipped on a monitor screen, which let him see any place on the entire ship, and he kept his gaze fixed on Celestia.

He and his brother began to sing a very short verse of how Loki intended to “Woo her” and “Win her” while Rubeus continued to point out the difficulties in this quest.

(0:17)

“I will!”

“You won’t!”

“I can!”

“You can’t!”

The brothers glared at each other and agreed, “We’ll see…!” and that was the end of that for the moment.


On the camper, the three Titans felt just awful.

“Do you think Raven’s alright?” Shining Armor asked to break the silence. “She looked like she took a nasty blow.”

This earned him a glare from his wife. “How can you say something like that?!” she scolded.

“It’s okay…” Robin said “Raven will be fine, we know that.”

Vic nodded, “Girl’s been through a lot worse. It’ll take more than a blow to the head to keep her down.”

The Titans still looked and felt pretty upset, both Raven and Terra had been knocked out, meaning all the Titans were no longer in the tournament.

“…We failed.” sighed Kori “We failed Jump City.”

Luna put a comforting hand on her shoulder, “No. It isn’t over yet.”

“She’s right,” agreed Cadance “Sunset and Rainbow are still in, they can still do it.”

“Yeah, but don’t forget,” said Shining Armor “Masquerade and Karle are in the finals too, and they’ve both proven to be way tough contenders.”

Cadance wanted to protest but she couldn’t help but agree with him. “They take dueling way too seriously. Imagine how the others are feeling being at the receiving ends of their nastiness.”


Raven was brought to her suite and placed down on her bed, while she was still unconscious she was actually levitating a few inches off the mattress.

Pinkie reached up to push her down flat, but Terra assured her this was normal, “She’s healing herself. She just needs quiet.”

The girls had never known seeing someone so quiet could seem so mysterious as well.

Rainbow placed Raven’s deck on the table near the bed. “I hope we got all the cards.” she whispered “But not like it matters.”

Twilight had an emergency repair kit in her backpack, and was taking a look at Raven’s duel disk-- knowing a lot about the systems contained within.

“How’s it looking?” asked Fluttershy.

Twilight looked up and shook her head grimly, “These circuitry-chips are completely smashed. The entire disk is no good without them. The holograms would be all distorted and wouldn’t work right.

I can fix it, but just not here. I don’t have the right parts; unless one of you would be willing to spare some.”

As she expected, the answer was “No” from everyone. Not that it even mattered since Raven was out of the tournament anyway.

Applejack clenched her fists and looked ready to shout. “That Masquerade’s a real ba--”

“Shh!” sneered Celestia.

“…Bad-guy.” whispered Applejack

The others were inclined to agree, and then Terra remembered, “He still has my card.” and she got up and left the room to go find him, and get it back.

No sooner had she left was there an announcement over the PA. “Dinner is served in the dining hall.”

Pinkie got up and suggested, “Well, might as well go eat.” and she got up to leave.

“How can you think of eating at a time like this?” asked Rarity, but her growling stomach answered for her. “Come to think of it, I wouldn’t mind a bite myself.”

There was nothing much any of them could do for Raven now but let her rest, so they all decided to head out and leave her be.

The second they all stepped outside into the hall, Terra came marching past, having not founding Masquerade in his room, suggesting he was already in the dining hall.

They found him; he was already eating a few chicken legs-- carefully cutting small pieces off and lifting them up with a fork so he could carefully lift up his mask and slip the piece in.

Terra marched straight up to him, but she stopped at the last couple of feet when he suddenly pitched a single card towards her.

She caught it and saw it was her own Change of Heart.

The Equestrians all arrived on the scene just in time.

“From now on,” Masquerade warned “You keep your cards away from me, because the next time, you won’t get them back!”

“It was just an accident.” Terra protested “I didn’t mean for it to fall onto your deck.”

“She’s right.” agreed Applejack “You could have at least checked your own deck again.”

Masquerade chuckled, “You know, you’re right. I could have checked again, I admit it, but that still wouldn’t have changed what happened to Terra. She lost her duel anyway.

I managed to win my duel, even without using the Change of Heart card, but she couldn’t hold up her own good enough without it-- spending all that time depending on it, worrying about it, and unable to make alternative strategies to work just as well.”

He glared at Terra hard, “…Another perfect example of just how “strong” and “skilled” you aren’t!”

Anger levels were starting to rise.

Rainbow then stepped forth, “She still fought a good duel. Unlike you! How can you even sit there and stuff your face while Raven’s lying in… or rather on her bed healing after what you did to her?”

Masquerade was growing angry himself, and tapped the tip of his finger slightly trying to keep himself from shouting. “…She got exactly what she deserved.”

“What?!” snarled Rainbow, and she looked ready for a huge fight, but Sunset and Celestia held her back.

“How can you say those things?!” protested Sunset “How can you be so cold and cruel to others.”

“I think I know why…” cut in Terra “I see it all now; I can tell who you are.”

Masquerade fell still and silent while the others were all feeling anxious.

“…You’re from Jump City, aren’t you?”

Masquerade stiffened while the others all gawked at Terra with odd expressions.

When he didn’t answer her, Terra felt her theory was confirmed, “You’re from Jump City! That explains a lot.

You know so much about me and the other Titans.

You scoff at us every chance you get.

You couldn’t care less if Jump City lived or died.

…It all adds up-- you’re obviously someone who once lived in Jump City but managed to flee before the great decline.”

He remained silent, and everyone was gawking at him.

Finally he admitted, “Yes… I am from Jump City, and yes I do know you Titans, and the horrible mistakes you committed, paving the way for the city’s downfall, and crushing people’s hopes and dreams in the process.”

Terra felt great shame and guilt creeping up on her.

Masquerade went on, “Jump City used to be a great place, with plenty to do, lots of wonderful hangout places, a beautiful city park…

…Then it all changed as capitalism took over. People began to abandon their moral values and principles as they were corrupted and drawn in by the ever-expanding greed and changes that came with it.

The Teen Titans became just as supportive of the changes, agreeing to accept it all and even take part in some of the businesses, claiming that “it’s progress” completely oblivious to the truth.

It wasn’t about progress, and it wasn’t about moving forward in development either; just greedy capitalists who were more interested in money and going to great lengths to get it, regardless of the lives it would ruin, or the damage it would later cause.

I wasn’t going to have any part of it. I was smart enough to flee so I didn’t have to be subjected to the capitalism or be blamed for the suffering that was sure to happen.

The point it: The Titans are just as equally to blame for the downfall of the city and the lives they ruined all over the country, and the world! They are no longer fit to be called “Heroes!”


Terra felt incredibly angry and hurt. “I wasn’t part of the Titans back then. I never took part in all that greed and corruption. I can hardly be blamed for what happened.”

“No,” agreed Masquerade “But that does not erase the things you did before all that!”

Terra cringed hard as the memories of her criminal past and all the damage she had done came back to her like a spoiled piece of meat in her stomach.

The Equestrians weren’t going to take this another moment.

Sunset stepped forth, “You have officially gone over the line!

The Titans made their mistakes; they’re just trying to rectify them! That’s what they entered this tournament for, and we’re trying to help them!

That’s what “friends” are all about. Helping others!

Unlike you: only dueling for power and for yourself instead of helping people!”

The others all agreed, but Masquerade only scoffed. “Jump City is a lost cause. Nothing can save that city now, even if you all won the tournament… which you won’t!”

The others growled.

“Then again, tell me… why should I help people who don’t deserve my help? Why should anyone help them?”

“Because it’s right!” growled Celestia “Not helping people who need it; it would be immoral to just ignore them and leave them to their fate. It makes you just as bad as you make them out to be!”

The girls all agreed.

“Maybe if you had friends you’d know what we’re talking about!” scoffed Pinkie “We Equestria Girls believe in helping everyone, no matter how different they are, and if they’re really willing to make a change, who are we to judge?”

Rarity stepped forward, “And as much as I hate to admit this, we’d even be willing to help you out, Masquerade, despite the fact you have insulted us, treated us like the dirt beneath your feet, and antagonized us at every corner…

…We would still help you because it is the right thing to do, and it gives us feelings of satisfaction and accomplishment.”

Masquerade folded his arms, “Are you done yet?”

The others all cringed angrily.

“Seriously, this is exactly why I act so hard with you. I mean hearing you preach about all that “Friendship” and “Morality” and “Right thing to do”...

…You give the term “Goody Two-Shoes” a completely new meaning.”

“What?!” snarled Pinkie.

“Oh… um… well…” stammered Fluttershy.


“Now wait just a gall-darn minute!” snapped Applejack “What would you know-- about having friends, doing nice things for people? I don’t see you doing those things. I don’t see you being nice enough to put yourself ahead of others!

So what gives you the right to be such a meanie over it and to us?”

He hesitated, feeling cringed inside. “I know more than you think!” he thought silently “You all have no idea what I’ve been through, and just as well that you don’t learn it either!”

Instead all he said was, “All I know is that friendship is nothing but a complete waste of my time. I don’t want it or need it! I got where I am today without it, and when I win this tournament you’ll all see.”

He stood up to leave, having lost his appetite.

“As far I see it, you Equestria Girls are blinded by this overconfidence you put into friendship, and that’s what holds you back against me.

Life isn’t all cupcakes and rainbows, and some mistakes can neither be undone nor forgiven, even all with the friendship you hold on to.

Yet people like you continue to delude yourselves, thinking that simply ignoring the bad things can stop them from happening, and that all things can be fixed in the end.

You people make me sick!”


He left the hall with everyone still hurt, insulted, and more determined than ever to prove him wrong, especially Rainbow and Sunset as they were still in the tournament.

“We’ll show that guy…” said Rainbow “He may have a stick up his back, but sticks can be broken.”

The others all raised their eyebrows trying to figure out what Rainbow really meant by that, but they brushed it off and decided to just eat.

Fluttershy rubbed her forehead softly, “I have never met such an infuriating individual guy with such a hate-filled complex. It’s worse than a bear with a sore head.”

Pinkie stuffed her face angrily, bite, after bite, and spoke with her mouth full “He really makes me angry, and I’m usually the cheerful one here!”

Rarity was repulsed by the grossness.

Much as Celestia was outraged with Masquerade’s balking, “I think we made a little more of a breakthrough with him. We’ve managed to determine some of his troubles, and that makes it easier to understand why he acts the way he does.

The more we get him to come out of his shell, the easier it may be to help him.”

The girls were astounded by the way she sounded, almost like a psychologist, which sort of a principal’s job-- to understand the psychology of students or people she worked with.


Terra was especially struck with Masquerade’s attitude, especially when he chewed her out. She thought, “I know he’s from Jump City now, and he’s obviously got a load of resentment.

I don’t think I can blame him too much there. A lot of people in the world are angry at Jump City and all we’ve cost them.

And yet… he acted like he knew so much about me and the other Titans. Sure, everyone in Jump City knew of us, but I didn’t think anyone knew of me that well. I was only a Titan a few weeks before...” she stopped trying hard not to give into her criminal past.

“Are you okay?” asked Sunset.

Terra rubbed her head, “I’m fine, just a little tired, and upset.”


Still, most of the girls were not too optimistic anyway.

“You heard him,” said Applejack “He said he doesn’t want help and he doesn’t need it, and the more we seem to try the worse he gets… especially on us.”

Twilight nodded, “It’s a known psychological fact: when a man carries a belly full of hate, a few words aren’t going to change him.”

The girls all agreed and raised their drinks to the thought, while Celestia was still not convinced, and Sunset seemed rather silent.

“Sunset,” Celestia said “Don’t you have something you want to tell the others?”

Sunset agreed, and while she still didn’t tell the gang exactly what, she did explain about the blackmail itself.

“They wouldn’t!” cried Rarity.

“I think they would, and they will!” replied Sunset “I can’t tell you guys anything else, and even if I could I don’t know how we can stop it.”

“Stop what?” asked Fluttershy.

“…I can’t tell you!” shouted Sunset. She then apologized quickly, “I’m so sorry, I’m just worried about our friends. How can we possibly save them?”


“I wish Raven was awake.” said Terra “Then she could probably probe the minds of the Prince Brothers and find out their plans and stop them.”

Sunset shook her head, “No use. Malefic World magic is unlike anything even Raven’s ever known. Even I barely know too much about it, even from what I’ve read of it. All I know is, the more we duel in this tournament, the worse it’s going to get for us.”

She held up her hand before her friends could speak, “I know! I know! We can’t just do nothing about it either. We will find a way to stop them and get our friends back. It’s what we Equestria Girls do.”

She looked over at Celestia, remembering what she told her, and Celestia smiled and nodded proudly at her.

“She’s right.” agreed Rainbow, and she said to Sunset “We need to focus on the tournament, especially considering who we’re up against.”

Sunset agreed, Masquerade and Karlee would be tough.


…Twilight began to feel nervous!

“Hey, where is Karle?” wondered Fluttershy “Didn’t she hear the dinner call?”

“I haven’t seen her since she won her duel.” said Applejack, then she turned to Pinkie, “…Sorry, Sugar-cube.”

Pinkie smiled and shook her head showing she still didn’t mind having lost.

“Maybe… she just isn’t hungry.” Twilight fibbed.

The girls bought it, knowing each suite had its own private stash of food and drinks.

“Just as well she isn’t here,” said Rarity “Next to Masquerade, I deem her the most disgraceful person I have ever known.”

The girls all began to talk and badmouth about Karle, except for Twilight who didn’t seem to jump in much, if anything she could hardly bring herself to finish her meal, or want to go back to the buffet to get more.

She got up and began to head off.

“Twilight?” called Applejack.

“I… uh… want to try and fix Raven’s duel disk again. I may have an idea.”

She ran off before anyone could say another thing to her.

Pinkie hated seeing good food go to waste and took Twilight’s plate for herself. “She sure seems jumpy.” She said with her mouth full again, making Rarity feel green in the face. She got up and rushed for the ladies room at once!

The others all gave Pinkie grim expressions while shaking their heads. Pinkie was confused.


Later that night everyone decided to head off to bed, especially the finalists.

Terra decided to spend the night in Raven’s room to keep an eye on her while she healed.


As for Celestia, she found a huge surprise waiting in her room; a lovely vase of beautiful flowers was on the coffee table in front of her bed.

“Oh, my…” she remarked “Where did these come from?”

There was a note next to the vase, which read:

“Special flowers for a special lady, hope you really enjoy their scent, it will change your life in ways you never expected.

--Your Secret Admirer.”

Celestia felt all warm and ticklish inside. “I have an admirer?” she giggled, but then seemed confused and wondered who on the ship would be the one who sent the flowers.

One of the waiters perhaps…?

Maybe even one of the cooks…?

She knew it couldn’t have been Masquerade, and he was the only male finalist onboard.

Still, she couldn’t resist the smell of the flowers, and stuck her nose right near the petals for a closer sniff.

“Ohhhhhh my-----” she sighed heavenly. She had never smelled anything like it before-- so sweet, and light—it made her feel rather light-headed…

…and she fell backwards onto her bed, out cold!

No sooner had she passed out did the flowers began to spout a soft pink gas from their buds that slowly billowed around the bed for Celestia to inhale.


While in the Brothers’ secret room of the ship, Loki was feeling rather pleased with himself.

“I do hope Celestia enjoys the flowers I sent her. The magical dust they’ve been sprinkled will make it easier in be able to court her, once the gas has fully taken its effect.”

Rubeus was growing concerned with his brother, fearing he would be paying more attention to his lust for Celestia than the success of their mission, but there wasn’t that much to fear now.

He checked the computer, and there was a big flashing before his eyes. He snickered softly, “Excellent! Everything is falling into place. Just a few more duels, and with the vast amounts of energy obtained, the seal will unlock, and the way to The Malefic World shall open for the first time in centuries.”

Loki sighed in relief, “It will be wonderful to be home again, and this time we’ll have all the power, all the control, all the order than we could ever have hoped to dream of.”

The Brothers shared an evil laugh together.

Author's Note:

-Masquerade still can't answer some of the girls questions (What heroics has he done, or what good things has he done for others) and he can't reveal too much more of his past without giving his true identity to the characters away. His identity and story will be revealed to the characters when the time is right and NOT before!

-And (Those of you who know who he is) it's not just because a few of his favorite hangout places were changed. (Those of you who didn't read the fic properly) You don't seem to realize what bad shape Jump City is truly in...

You WILL... next ep...!

Or you can just look here in this blog...

https://www.fimfiction.net/blog/902328/status-of-jump-city-yu-g-oh-e-quest

PreviousChapters Next