• Published 9th Aug 2012
  • 1,316 Views, 9 Comments

The Legacy Saga Part 1: Legacy's Survival - Alicornian



The Mane 6 and my OC Alicornian are on another world full of horror-able creatures called Chimeras.

  • ...
12
 9
 1,316

Ch. 4: Drake's Stand

Ch. 4: Drake’s stand

My tale starts with the Inn you were just at. Me and a fellow survivor were assigned to scout the place out for possible others like ourselves. We didn’t know it was also filled with Chimera Stalkers. It’s the creature you described earlier that killed you friend. My partner at the time was named Rouge, good man, fastest shooter I’ve seen to date. But that didn’t help us that time. It didn’t help at all.

“Move it Rouge!” I yelled firing my machine gun in burst at the Bone Wolves. “I’m moving! I’M MOVING!” Rouge yelled back firing his Uzis. “I told you we’d need the armor piercing rounds!” I yelled at him. “We’re almost to the Inn! Come on we can AHH!” Rouge yelled at one of the Bone Wolves struck his right leg.

I grabbed him and we ran as fast as we could right into the Inn and barred the door with a solid metal bar. For some reason they didn’t come in. I soon pulled out my medical kit and patched Rouge up as best I could.

“How many rounds you got left?” I asked finishing. “Ugh. I think about a clip each, you?” Rouge asked getting up. “I got one more Beta mag left. I think I got fifty-sixty rounds left in this one.” I said checking my belt. “Well, aren’t you the lucky one. We’ll need to split up. You take the Dining Room, I’ll take watch here. Make sure your gun is set to semi.” Rouge said setting his own guns to it. “Will do; Stay alive.” I said heading into the room. “Same here Drake.” He replied.

That was the last time I saw him alive. Moment I walked into the dining room the doors shut on me and there was this bright light. Soon it died down and I found on the table in front of me a bracer with a dragon’s head like gem on it. Didn’t even know what it was but thinking it was important I slipped it on and there was another flash. I think I hit my head at that moment for the last time I when waking up was gun fire. I instantly ran to the door to find Rouge getting tossed around by a Chimera Stalker. I grabbed my gun and gave off a burst. Hit it a few times in the back but it didn’t kill it. Rouge got tossed right at me. I sat him down and slammed the door shut.

“Rouge!” I yelled after bolting the door. “It… caught me off guard. What… happened t-to you?” Rouge asked in pain. “Don’t talk. You’re injured.” I said laying after laying Rouge down. “Don’t… don’t worry about me. Get out of here. Find the survivors. Even if they… came close to death, I-I’ll hold the Stalker off.” Rouge said taking my Beta. “No way, I’m not leaving you behind!” I yelled at him. “No, no choice. The mission… the mission comes first. Now… go. GO!” Rouge said pushing me towards the door only door to the room.

I left. All I remember was hearing gun fire. Moment I got out I got jumped by the Bone Wolves. I thought I was finished till. I noticed the armor, rounded platinum plates. I didn’t even know I was wearing armor till then. It also increased my strength but not as much as you’re did. Got them off me, broke a few exoskeleton bones but I was driven back in. That’s where Miss Pink here comes in.

“Oh Rouge. I’m so sorry.” I said leaning over his dead body. “I better make sure that thing is dead and stays dead.” I said cocking my gun. “I’ll take back its body for study so we can exterminate these things.”

I walked over to the Stalker and found… her. Miss Pink here in its jaws, I was upset enough with loosing Rouge and many others that I almost missed the sword. I knew Rouge wasn’t strong enough to do this so I took a closer look. I was surprised to find Miss Pink wasn’t an average… pony. She was pink and had some kind of marking on her flank. I checked her over and amazingly the armor told me she was still alive but… slowly passing. So I grabbed her and the Stalker and got out of the place as fast as I could. I got back to the Doctor’s Research lab with both after a few unneeded pit stops. We got her into a medical room as fast as we could but it was already too late. She bled out. The Doctor decided to give her a second chance at life. I won’t explain how he did it but trust me. Once I found out what he was really doing. I got her out fast.

“Don’t you see Drake? This pony is beyond normal science. It can think, it can feel, it can fight on a whole different level than we ever could dream to. She’s perfect! Why not make more of her kind?!” The Doctor shouted with Pinkie Pie in the Cloning tank. “You’re insane.” I told him with my machine gun still pointed at him. “Insane, insane, I am not insane! It is you who are insane Drake! Each day you and one other go look for survivors to bring back here and for what?! Every one survivor you find we lose ten in its place but with her. Oh yes, with her we don’t have to worry anymore about that. Think about it Drake. An army of warriors like her out there turning the tide against the Chimera and if we lose a few hundred or so it won’t matter! We can just clone more!” He argued. “Just like Chimera Tech did with the Chimeras? No way. I’m stopping you right here.” I said keeping my gun on him heading to the controls. “What do you think you’re doing? Step away from there!” I put my gun off safety making him flinch. “I’m pulling the plug and getting her out of that thing. No one, not even she deserves the kind of life you’re dreaming of.” I turned and started to begin the draining process. “No. I won’t let you!” He yelled jumping me but it was the wrong idea as I unleashed enough ammo in him he fell over dead in a moment. “Sorry doc, but it was the only way.” I said after the tank emptied. “Ugh…” Pinkie Pie groaned as she woke up. “Hey, you okay? Can you understand me?” I asked her letting he rout of the tank. She nodded. “Do you remember who you are?” I asked gently. Slowly she shook her head no. “Sigh. Don’t worry it’ll come back to you. Let’s get you on your…,” I looked down to see hooves instead of feet, “hooves and get out of this dump.” She slowly nodded.

It was a bit of a fight with the guard-bots the lab had but with a bit of show and tell Miss Pink got the hang of the gun and the grenades. And boy did she like the grenades.

“FIRE IN THE HOLE!” Pinkie Pie yelled tossing a group of three grenades into a Guard-bot room causing a lab shaking explosion. “Ease up on the grenades Pink or you’ll burry us alive in here.” I scolded. “Sorry, but I think I remember I liked things that went boom.” She commented as she checked the room by looking over the corner. “Still take it easy. Just toss one unless you feel we really need the fire power.” I lectured following her in after the coast was clear. “Okay, Dra-ah!” She dropped her shoulder strapped gun and clutched her head tightly. “Easy there. Must be a stronger memory than last time, you going to be okay Pink?” I asked worried. She nodded slowly as I sat her down. “Let’s rest here a bit before we move on. We got about six to seven more Guard-bot rooms before we’re out of here.” She nodded again and held onto me… almost scared. “It’s okay Pink. I’m here for you.” I said holding her. She looked upt o me confused and asked one name, “Dashie?”

I didn’t know who this Dashie was at the time but I felt it was important. Once she was able to stand again we kept going toll we hit the armory. There I outfitted myself and Miss Pink with some basic armor and some much needed weapons. Some Shotguns, a couple of Uzis, a few Machine guns and Beta mags, this time with Armor Piercing rounds. Once set we got on our way to the Safe house we were to all meet up at if there were any more survivors at that Inn. We stayed there till we heard the gun fire at the Zoo and came as fast as we could to give you the support you needed. When we go there your friend with the bow there gave the Chimera Slayer a mercy kill and that brings us to now.
=================================================================================================

Everyone there just looked at me and Pink. “So… that’s what happened?” the one called Dashie asked. “Word for word, your friend here is one hundred percent Pony.” I answered. “Yes, one that stands just like you do sir. You sure the resurrection was… pure?” The Prince asked me. “Pure as cotton from the plant or so they said back then. I was to oversee the procedure and make sure nothing wrong happened. Other issue is her muddled memories. She remembers stuff but only in small burst. However we did give her the ability to read all languages on our planet along with her own of course.” I responded. “Well that’ll help I think. Translation spells don’t work if you don’t the language.” The one named Twilight said. I shrugged at that. “Right, well let’s get some food in our bellies and some sleep on those cots. We got a long road ahead of us.” I said getting out the rations. “To where?” the one named Rarity asked. “Where else Miss Rarity but to the last known starship on the planet, the only one that can get all of you home and me off this currently dying planet: The Legacy. I’ll tell you all about starships and the one called The Legacy in the morning. For now, let’s eat, I’m starved.” Thankfully they all nodded as I prepared the pony edible MREs. Sigh, what I wouldn’t do for some real food that didn’t mean breaking my own code of honor. For now it was a good idea to just kick back, relax, and recover for tomorrow was going to be a long day.

Comments ( 7 )

:applejackconfused: Okay... six dislikes so far. Comments would be nice so I can try and improve these stories and all up coming ones. Come on everypony, help me out here. :fluttercry: Please?

1060417

It's the alicorn OC, mate. People just hate them on sight. I'm sorry.

1109731

:ajsleepy:Yes well, haters are going to hate, what can you do? Still thank you for commenting.

1113069

I'm sorry Darkakorri but your... comment isn't showing up on my computer so um... mind commenting again?:twilightblush:

To all those who favorited my story! This story is on hiatus till I am able to give it the editing it deserves. Also I'd like to give a big thank you and shout out to Not Worthy for the much needed review for the first chapter. :twilightsmile: This story will be continued AFTER it is corrected so please wait till then. -Bows.-

1268702

Me: Why is it I always get these stupid walls? Pinkie are you breaking the fourth wall again?
:pinkiesmile: Maybe.
Me: Maybe? Pinkie everytime you break a fourth wall it gets sent to someones fictions, namely mine. What you have to say for yourself?
:pinkiesad2: Not my fault and you did kill me in the first chapter.
Me: :rainbowderp::derpyderp1::rainbowhuh: Okay you have me there.
:pinkiehappy:
Me: Anyway CanterlotGuardian thanks for the help the fiction really needed it. And Pinkie please stop breaking the fourth wall.:facehoof:
:pinkiecrazy: Can "I" blow it up at least?
Me: :twilightoops: Run!

Usually I dont like alicorn OC's for multiple reasons (if you wish to know them then you could ask) but atleast you added on an alternate universe tag. That helps out a lot to know that your alicorn OC isnt in the canon universe. This is mostly due to the fact that Celestia, Luna, Cadence, and Twilight in canon are meant to be the only alicorns, so you arent breaking canon there. Thus I have to say that I dont hate the alicorn OC but I still cant upvote the story. So I think Im just not going to vote and leave it at that.

Login or register to comment