• Published 9th Aug 2012
  • 1,316 Views, 9 Comments

The Legacy Saga Part 1: Legacy's Survival - Alicornian



The Mane 6 and my OC Alicornian are on another world full of horror-able creatures called Chimeras.

  • ...
12
 9
 1,316

Ch. 3: Fluttershy's Cry

Ch. 3: Fluttershy’s cry

They… They killed it. It could barely fight back and they killed it! Why? Why?! I just couldn’t take it anymore. I went to Rarity and just… cried. I wanted to go home. I wanted to see Pinkie again! I WANTED OUT OF THIS NIGHTMARE! “It’s okay Fluttershy, shh, it’s alright.” Rarity said holding me. I did hear Applejack talk to me. “Fluttershy, I…” But I didn’t want to hear it. Soon I heard Prince Alex talk to her. “Let her be AJ. Let’s just look for the next set of directions and get out of here.” I didn’t care for instructions. I wanted to leave, I wanted to go home. “We found the directions in the very back to the safe house. We can stay there and have ourselves a meal along with extra rations. It also says something about… an animal area called a Zoo.” He said gently and I think sadly. I don’t know why but… hearing him tell be about animals made me feel a little bit better. Applejack or what was Aplejack came up to Prince Alicornian and showed us the book. “Says here we’re to leave through those doors over there,” she said pointing to a set of doors, “hand head north for about a mile. From there we’re to see some kinda metal door. We’re to close, and bolt it then head down the stair inside to some kinda room called a Bunker. We can stay the night but then we’re to head to that Zoo and find some kinda creature. We drew the picture it had as best we could. Think… you can tell what it Sugarcube?” Applejack showed me the picture with her new talon-less arms and I looked at it.

“I think… it’s…” I started to say till I looked into her face and gasped. “Something wrong Sugarcube?” she asked. “I… I can’t see your face.” I told her. “Well it is a visor but I don’t think I can lift it.” She told me a bit worried. “Remember girls. The armor is to protect you. I don’t think we can raise it for a while. I think it may be magically locked or something.” Prince Alicornian said. We needed at this and I looked to the picture again. “I think it’s an elephant, from Zebraca.” I answered. “What’s an elephant?” Rarity asked. “It’s a big gentle giant with a long nose, big ears, and gray toothbrush haired skin.” I explained. “Okay so we find this elephant and get out of the place and onto the next safe house. Let’s get going then!” Rainbow Dash called. “Um… all… alright.” I said, nervous. As we left the gym my eyes turned back to the creature, we had just murdered.

After a mile’s trot we finally got to this Zoo. I didn’t know why but… I didn’t like the place. “So, this is a Zoo.” Prince Alicornian said looking at the creaking gate with the word Zoo in it. “According to the derectiosn we’re to take a right at the snake exibit and walk till we get to the lion exibit. We’re also to look for noted cared into the walls of these exibits. It… didn’t explain why.” He said stepping forward, he and Applejack where in their knight forms the entire way here. I wish they would become ponies again, the form made me… ill. Pushing the gate open we trotted till we came to the first exibit. “Hey, I think I found the note!” Twilight called from her place. We came over and Prince Alicornian looked at it. “Good, I can translate this. It’s in Griffen so it won’t take me long to translate it. With a flash we were able to read it.

Welcome fellow survivor to the Zoo. I applogize to you now for what your about to see in here. I wish it was more pleasant but sadly it is not. Here you will face a true test of mind power, survival, and skill. There are four exibits here you must go to. Each has a small story to tell along with a number. Return here once you get the final one and you’ll be on your way. Sign, a Fellow Survivor. We all looked at each other and began to worry. “Great now we have to face a test too?” Rainbow remarked annoyed. “I agree with Rainbow, let’s just forget this dreary place and use the map we already have.” Rarity said. “Girls we need to learn more about this place.” Twilight argued. “And what better way that to show us through some kind of test.” Prince Alicornian nodded at this. “I agree with Twilight, it’s as if whoever this fellow survivor is, is trying to prepare us for something.” This scared me. “Prepare us for what?” Twilight asked. “Something far worse than the death of a friend I’m afraid.” Prince Alicornian answered. I squealed at that.

This time we slowed down to check the Zoo out… I wished we hadn’t. What we saw was… horrific. “Oh my.” Applejack said looking at what we were all looking at. “By Mother’s sun.” Prince Alicornian commented. “Oh… oh dear.” Rarity said next to me, holding me. “Whoa…” was all Rainbow could say. “I think I’m going to be sick.” Twilight said turning around. Each of these exibits had… death. Decaying animal bodies where all over; Lions, bears, snakes, everything was dead or half eaten and rotting. I… threw-up. “I’ll. Check these Snake Exibit for messages.” Prince Alicornian said over my… sickness. He soon returned a moment later with the book. “We’ll have to find the monkey exibit next.” He reported. “I know where it is.” Rainbow said taking the book. “Alright, but be careful. If needed fly right back here and get us if you can’t read it. Okay Rainbow?” Twilight added worried. “Got it, I’ll be back soon.” She soon flew off and about five minute later came back. “Okay I got it. However I… didn’t write it down.” Rainbow said handing us the book. “What did you do then Rainbow?” Twilight asked opening the book. Inside was a pen-over copy of the information. “Smart move Dashie, let me guess; Daring Doo and the goblet of chaos?” Rainbow nodded at that. “Daring used coal to cover a piece of paper to get some really old unreadable ruins off a wall so I thought I’d give it a shot and well it worked.” Rainbow explained.

After getting the last two messages we came back to the first one we were at. “Ugh, talk about over board. There’s nothing here anyway!” Rainbow said looking around. “Um, girls, I think there are numbers on the back of this sign.” I said pointing to them. Prince Alicornian looked at them then turned to Twilight. “Twilight, do you know how to make spell messages?” He asked. Twilight nodded and got ready with the book. “Four, one, three, two.” He read. Soon a new set of pages where made with all the messages we collected and soon was read out loud by Twilight. Good work on getting all of this together. I know it must have been annoying but you stuck to it. What your about to read is just a small summery of what happened to our world should you happen to have amnesia. Twelve years ago a company by the name of Chimera Tech come into being. No one knew what it was meant to really be other than a technological research center. It was a week later the horrible truth was found out. It was making living weapons known as Chimeras. Creatures made from different animal parts put together through technology. They thought they had them under control. As you just saw all around you, they were wrong. The moment they got free they instantly ate their masters and then turned onto the other researchers and then, the world. Don’t feel symphony for these creatures for all they care about is eating. Fresh, dead, doesn’t matter to them, as long as it is food they’ll eat it but fresh kills, like a few of your fellow survivors and these poor animals here. They care only to kill. They are weapons, our enemies, and our destroyers. If you value your life these words to heart and do not let them live should you cross one. Beware the one that lives in here for I’m afraid you won’t have any choice but to face it to leave to the next safe house. Somewhere in the very middle of this place is a much larger Chimera than you faced before. It will have the body of a elephant, the horns of a rhino and the teeth and skin of an crocodile. Beware the trunk for that where more of the teeth are, also it’ll have bone like spikes out of its back, shoulders, and hunches. Do not hesitate to run from this thing if you don’t have the fire power to take it down. Head east from the very middle of the Zoo and go through the blue door then head down the stairs and out the gray door at the bottom. Head right across the street and you’ll be right at your next Safe house. You’ll find me there. Good luck!

“So that’s what happened to this place.” Applejack explained. “It also explains what those creatures are, Chimeras.” Prince Alicornian said. “Who would have done such a thing?” Rarity asked. “Um hello, it just said who. This Chimera Tech place did this!” Rainbow nearly yelled. “So what do we do if we meet up with this giant Chimera?” Twilight asked. “Oh please, let’s not kill it.” I begged. “Fluttershy you heard what the message said. Those things are killers. They don’t care what they kill as long as they eat.” Rainbow argued. “Well maybe I don’t want all of you to become like them!” I yelled running to the over side of the walkway. “Uh, I… What the hay just happened?” I overheard Applejack ask. “I think Pinkie’s death is still too fresh in her mind.” I head Prince Alicornian say in my defense. “The last fight we were in really shook her up. Let’s give her a moment to calm down before we move on. Better yet we’ll do as Fluttershy asked. We’ll try to avoid the Giant on our way out.” This really made me feel better and allowed me to return to the group. Soon we were on our way out of this place. On our way there we all tried to keep ourselves calm by talking about small things, like how each of our worlds was different and how we each acted to certain things till. “Quite.” Prince Alicornian said stopping us. We all heard a low rumbling sound nearby and looked around. Soon the ground shook and we saw it. Oh Celestia, I wanted to go home. It was so deadly looking but I… I wanted us to get away from it as soon as possible. “We’re up wind of it. I think we can get around it. Come on.” Prince Alicornian said taking us around the creature. Yet we didn’t get far as it roared and an old metal bench landed before us. It nearly crushed Rainbow but Twilight was able to pull her out of the way before it landed. “T-thanks Twilight.” She said looking at it. “No problem but… how did it do this? The bench has to weigh at least five to six hundred pounds.”
“Not sure but we better not stay here for long.” Prince Alicornian stated as he led us a different way, however… “Look out!” Rarity said tackling me out of the way of a falling statue of some kind. “T-thank you Rarity, I should have been paying attention.” I said shaking. “Darling you must watch what’s going on around you. You could have gotten hurt.” Applejack soon looked at Twilight. “I don’t know about all of you but… I think that thing is looking for something.” All of a sudden we heard a roar and something large running our way. “Yeah, us, MOVE!” Twilight screamed as we ran out of the way of the stampeding Chimera. “It’s chasing us!” Rainbow yelled next to me. “Applejack fire at the ground, maybe we can get it to back off!” Prince Alicornian shouted preparing a spell. “Got it!” she yelled as they got behind all of us and started firing at the ground. I was unsure what was happening but the creature did seem to back away at this. “Good I think we stopped it from charging!” Applejack shouted. Soon we heard a large crash then a roar. “I think not because it just jumped the barrier, Run!” Prince Alicornian said causing us to head to the only place we though to get into, one of the much larger exibits. I flew Rarity over while Rainbow flew Twilight. Prince Alicornian and Applejack was to jump over the gap between the inside and outside exibit easily in their upright forms. “Bet he can’t jump that.” Rainbow said setting Twilight down.

Soon the creature landed before us after having jumped over us and the gap. “You just had to say it.” Twilight said as she, Rarity, and I hid while Rainbow, Prince Alicornian and Applejack tried to get it away from us. “Remember we do this Fluttershy’s way! We don’t harm it!” Prince Alicornian said jumping out of the way of its toothed trunk. “What if it harms one of us?” Rainbow yelled also dodging the trunk. “Back the other up and try pushing it away. If push comes to shove we shove but only if it’s down to no other choice!” He yelled back at her. All three kept dodging as it used that truck of it’s to harm each and every one of them. Finally I had enough and my normal instincts kicked in. “Fluttershy!” I head both Twilight and Rarity yell but I needed to stop this. “What do you think you’re-Ah!” Before I even started my stare the creature grabbed onto me and tossed me hard into the ground. I was dazed and looked up just in time to see it about to stomp on top of me when Applejack rolled me out of the way. “Move it Sugarcube! That thing ain’t playing nice!” she yelled at me and we dodged yet another trunk swing. It soon trumpeted before grabbing onto Prince Alicornian and tossed him into the stone wall of the exibit gap. “Alex!” I heard the girls yell. I wanted it to stop but the creature just… it wouldn’t stop. It kept using it’s trunk to grab on and toss my friends, it even grabbed onto me and… eat me. “I don’t think we can reason with it Flutters!” Prince Alicornian said as he caught a now unconscious Rainbow.

“I’m with Alex on this one! We need to stop it now before it…” Twilight didn’t even wish to finish that sentence. I just looked at the creature and then back at my friends and realized… this was my entire fault. I should have known better, that this wasn’t Equestria, that these creatures weren’t normal animals or creatures from the Everfree Forest; it was a deadly creature, with no hesitation to… to… “No. NO!” I screamed rearing up on my rear legs, then… it happened. My legs changed like Applejack did, my hooves expanded so I could stand, my front legs became arms like Spike had but without claws, and finally be head came down and became, I think my chest, my wings, mane, and tail staying where they were. I raised my arm holding The Element of Kindness and my arm released a longbow. On instinct I flew right at the Chimera drawing my bow and flew around it aiming at the knees of the creature and fired off bolts of magic at them. The Chimera roared in pain and fell but it didn’t give up. It kept lashing out at me with its trunk. I looked at it and saw it’s blood thirsty eyes. I knew, I just knew, I had to end this. Flyign as high as my new form allowed me I drew back the bow’s string and took aim at the only place I knew that would… end it’s life with as little torture as possible. It would be a quick painless end. “Forgive me.” I said as I let the bold go in to the base of its skull severing its spine and… it fell. No struggle, no death throws, just fell, lifeless.

I… I had never wanted to end something’s life before but… I had no choice. It was my friends or it and… I chose my friends. I landed and cried. I just cried at what I had done. I never wanted to harm any creature, never, and I had just… “Fluttershy, it’s okay.” Prince Alicornian said holding me in his Knight form. “Remember what the note said. They are living weapons, all they care about is just eating and we, Fluttershy, are its food. You did the right thing, you save us all.” I smiled at this till… “He’s right you know!” We all turned ready to fight again. “Whoa, whoa, whoa, stand down, we’re survivors!” The… creature said to us. It was in armor like us but it was far different, it looked like it would have been a dragon. “Who are you? State your business!” Prince Alicornian ordered. “I’m Drake! A Survivor just like all of you! My friend and I heard the gun fire and came here to help out! It seems you didn’t need it!” He yelled from his location. Prince Alicornian looked at him and lowered his bladed arms. “Lower your weapons! Everyone!” he soon ordered. We lowered our weapons just as he did. The one called Drake looked behind him and nodded to someone. “My partner is going to head back and make sure the way to the Safe House is clear! I’ll lead you back after she returns! Just hand tight while I go to the door of the exibit and open it up for you!” Prince Alicornian looked to Drake and shook his head. “No need, we can get across by flight.” He picked Applejack up and carried her over while Rainbow and I carried Rarity and Twilight. “Wish this armor had those.” Drake said after we landed. He looked and saw a… talon-less claw wave at him. “Good, the way’s clear. We can hoof it back to the Safe house from here, it’s not far. I’ll help you with your friend.” He took the other side of Applejack with Prince Alicornian and we slowly trotted to the Safe House.

“Let’s lay her on this cot and get that armor off her if we can.” Drake said reaching for her helmet. “Easy friend, we don’t even know if the room is safe enough to do so.” Prince Alicornian said. “Got yeah, it’s a trust thing. Don’t worry I won’t do anything to harm you or your friends. However I would like to help as best as I can.” Prince Alicornian nodded at this. “Know any healing spells?” he asked. “Healing… spells? Um… no. I do have a lot of medical supplies if needed.” Drake said showing us them. “Right, best you let me handle this for now. How are you doing Fluttershy?” Prince Alicornian responded than asked. “I’m… I’m fine. But… how is it I have the same form as you and Applejack?” I asked. “I was wondering that myself.” Drake said looking at all of us. “I know a few of you are ponies but… the rest of you I’m confused on.” We all looked at him confused as Prince Alicornian treated Applejack. “How did you know we were ponies?” Twiligth asked worried. “Because my partner is also a Pony.” He said as his partner stepped into the room causing all of us to gasp. “Pinkie?” Rainbow asked after the silence. “Is that your real name Pink?” Drake asked looking at her. It wasn’t possible. We all saw her die. Yet there she was, kind of. Her hair was now straight and her coat a much grayer tone, the only thing that was differnet was that she was walking upright on her hind legs and had arms just like Applejack, Prince Alicornian, and I had, including Drake as well. What… What was going on? “You had better explain what’s going on.” Prince Alicornian ordered after Applejack woke up and was in shock as well. “I’ll explain everything but I’d like to get all your names first.” Drake answered. “Sigh, very well. I am Prince Alicornian, next to me is Applejack.” He then pointed to Twilight and Rarity introducing them then to me and Rainbow Dash. “Alright then, I’ll start off by giving my name and my friend’s name, or at least what I’ve nicknamed her. I’m Drake, and this here is Miss Pink. And this is my tale…”