• Published 16th Mar 2019
  • 664 Views, 41 Comments

The Cat, Witch and the Wormholes - KatzSmile



Once upon a time there was a False God. He was sardonic, selfish and arrogant. But the sudden uprising forced him to live a new life in exile for five thousand years.

Comments ( 4 )

This story needs more attention honestly. Seth is a good character in general and it's so realistic in his development. A 5000 year old egotistical power hungry alien turned friend because of humiliating circumstances is just fun to have as a character.

Waiting for the story to be updated. :p

can't wait to see the story continue do love that cat I hope he can meet up with a another smart cat maybe a female he needs a special someone

As somepone else stated, this is a very good story for someone who doesn't have English as a first language. There are a few spelling or grammar mistakes, but looking past them it's quite an excellent story.

I quite want to see where this ends up going. I've always been a fan of stories where Powers are somehow house-trained and made to see humans (or apparently ponies or Goa'uld) as "friends, not food." Considering that ONE shard is enough to spawn a new Entity given time, I can see that being a major roadblock if they ever get a chance to return: They would either have to either destroy all the shards or convince them to reform (which might be possible via judicious application of Orbital Friendship Beams, admittedly) before it's safe to go back, or Equestria is in danger (perhaps not quite in the same way as if humans got there, but danger all the same). Worse, if they are able to return via tinkertech instead of Ancient tech, then the Entities have already whitelisted Equestria as an iteration of Earth in the Cycle, so it would get kaboom'd if they can't stop all the shards.

What strikes me as more important, though, is that in this AU you seem to be implying that Special Talents are actually something akin to Powers (and thus likely to actually be Powers), so it may already be an issue there (implying that Equestria might be the core world to the shard infection, not Bet, since the Power density is even higher) but at least implies that tinkertech will be able to get them back. Small favors, I guess? But the main relevance to Equestria having Powers is that they've been active in the cycle for a lot longer than Earth has, which may imply that theirs are from a different source or that Scion may be more stable for him to not have blown them all up yet.

The whole reveal about the Ascended apparently going R.O.B. on Sunset and Cadance is something I'm not so sure on the implications of. My first impression was that Oma was a bit of a hypocritical donkey-rear (actually, that's probably racist, considering the setting). She basically went and broke all their rules, but even if this was for a good reason they don't seem to have done anything else to help their descendants. Admittedly, their descendants barely count under that name anymore, if my understanding about magic being watered down is true, but it still seems cruel.

She was also condescending to Seth, which seems a bit odd. I'm not too familiar with Stargate, but it seems to me that he should be just as far along to ascending as Sunset apparently was (and does that also mean that Celestia and Luna are in the same boat? Alicorns are only *partially* ascended, since they still have a mortal form? Assuming that it's the same process being referred to, anyway). How literal is this "weight of his sins"? I'm not sure if that's an excuse for them to be dismissive, a subconscious block, or something that actually counts in whatever weird realm the ascended inhabit. The Ancients seemed to me to have control over who can ascend or must descend (Daniel--the SG one, not Hebert), so it feels to me more like they'll just try to stop Seth or Sunset from ascending instead of them not being able to. The part where Oma basically went, "Oh, he has a case of the Shards, so he'll never ascend. Sorry about that." just really stuck in my craw. I'm honestly hoping that he manages to figure out a way to get around that (whether it's ascending anyway or being the first to survive having their power removed) to ascend anyway, especially now that she said he can't.

As for the whole part where Cauldron can't seem to figure out if Seth is actually a cat (he really should be named Schrodinger at this point :trollestia:), I'm guessing that this means that Contessa doesn't get any feedback from her power as to what the steps are actually doing? Otherwise I assume she'd know (or be able to run a path, but I think you said she can't see him, so that may also be it) if the cat actually came through the portal with her.
...Do Cauldron even know that Sunset's an alien, or do they think the statue is somehow unrelated?

10170252
I too hope that this story resumes, but did you have to just dump the 'character is in the story, there must be a love interest' thing in? I openly admit I'm a terrible, terrible shipper too, but this doesn't seem like a story that would require (or necessarily be one that it would even allow, since the setting is more focused on larger and more important things, like not dying or in getting home) for everyone to jump into a relationship. Aside from the part where Seth even comments that humans have a weird fixation on procreation, implying that his race could probably not care less if they stay solitary, I doubt there'd be any true equals to him to form a relationship with. How likely is it that TWO beings somehow turned themselves into giant cats via magic accident and also have millennia worth of experiences? Anything else would probably be their version of pedophilia, or take rather specific circumstances to happen.
Lastly, he has stayed on his own for several thousand years, at least 5000. Statistically, we are not likely to see him find anyone in the comparatively short time that this story will cover.

Login or register to comment