• Published 12th Feb 2019
  • 1,162 Views, 11 Comments

Girlfriend Advice w/ Lyra and Bon Bon 💕 - _Undefined_



Lyra and Bon Bon are here to offer advice on the best ways to celebrate Valentine’s Day with your girlfriend

  • ...
0
 11
 1,162

#MLPEG #MLPEquestriaGirls #MyLittlePonyEG

Your video will begin in 5

4

3

2

1

Two teenagers were seated behind a computer desk. In the background, on the far wall, a closed dresser could be seen next to a partially opened closet, inside which was hanging a chevron- and diamond-patterned sleeveless hoodie alongside what appeared to be an owl costume.

On the left side of the screen was an aquamarine-skinned girl in a sleeveless pink top. On the right was a light yellow–skinned girl wearing a white dress with blue and yellow trim. They addressed the camera.

“Hi, everybody! Lyra Heartstrings…”

“…and Bon Bon here!”

“Well, Valentine’s Day is coming up.”

“A day to celebrate love.”

“And in honor of the holiday, we thought we’d give you some advice on how to make it a special one for your girlfriend.”

“Now, when most people think about celebrating love on Valentine’s Day, they think of fancy restaurants and expensive gifts. But even if you don’t have a lot of money, there are still plenty of ways to make sure your girlfriend knows how you feel about her.”

“That’s right. A free and easy way to show your girlfriend you love her is to compliment her. But remember: She’ll be able to tell if you mean it, so make sure it comes from the heart. For example, if one of your favorite things about her is how clever she is, let her know.”

“And if you love the sound of her laugh, make sure to tell her.”

“You might want to say that you’re a better person because of her.”

“And don’t forget to let her know that she makes you feel like the most important person in the world.”

For a brief moment, the two just looked ahead and smiled.

“In the same way, don’t forget to tell your girlfriend how beautiful she is. Not just her inner beauty, but her outer beauty, too. She most appreciates that you love her for who she is inside, but she also likes hearing that you find her physically attractive.”

“It’s true. You’re lucky that such a wonderful, beautiful girl chose you. She needs to know that you don’t take that for granted.”

“For example, you could say that even the most perfect roses and bluebells are nothing compared to her.”

They were now facing one another.

“That you dream of her radiant smile under a wave of sea foam and white.”

“Also: You love getting lost in her gorgeous turquoise eyes.”

“Or tell her that her golden eyes sparkle brighter than the sun on a clear summer’s day.”

Quiet.

More quiet.

A full ten seconds elapsed.

“…What were we talking about?”

“Um… Valentine’s Day.”

“Oh! Right!”

They turned to face the camera again.

“Thanks, Bon Bon. So… yeah. Valentine’s Day. Obviously, you want it to be a special one for you and your girlfriend. Of course, it’s possible that your girlfriend is better at planning things than you are. So if she wants to take the lead on deciding what you’ll be doing that day, let her.”

“And if you’re the one who’s in charge of planning the day, make sure she knows how much you appreciate the way she puts her faith in your judgment. And take it seriously – you don’t want to let your girlfriend down.”

“Trust me – that won’t happen. So, what special Valentine’s activity are you going to tell everybody about?”

“Well, I know it’s clichéd, but I think a good way to celebrate the holiday is with a romantic candlelight dinner.”

“Ooh, I like the sound of that. Maybe it’s clichéd, but it’s still true. Candlelight dinners with your girlfriend are romantic.”

“So romantic.”

“It makes me wish that Valentine’s Day was here right now.”

“I was thinking the same thing.”

“Just you and your girlfriend, sitting across from each other…”

“…staring into each other’s eyes…”

“…appreciating all the effort she’s put into the meal…”

“…while romantic music fills the air.”

There was another pause, this time five seconds long.

“Anyway! What would you recommend to our viewers for this special candlelight dinner?”

“Yes. Well, the food itself is important, but even more important is why you’ve made it. To be really romantic, you want the meal itself to mean something. For example, dinner could be brown sugar–glazed salmon with a side of bow-tie pasta.”

“OMG, yes! That would be the perfect romantic dinner for a couple whose first date had one of them order the salmon…”

“…and one of them order the pasta…”

“…and then they wound up splitting the two dishes between them!”

“Exactly!”

“That… that is perfect. A perfect idea. Um, for Valentine’s Day.”

“And then for dessert…”

“I forgot about dessert!”

“…you can’t go wrong with fresh strawberries and a bowl of warm, melted 70% cacao dark chocolate to dip them in.”

“Oh! That sounds so good.”

“Aw, thanks. Now, for it to be the perfect romantic dinner, you need to have the house to yourselves.”

“Sure. But you need to be understanding if her parents are still there, as long as they give the two of you the dining room and a little privacy. It isn’t her fault that not everything is under her control, and—”

“Of course, it’s even better if the parents won’t be home that evening.”

“Wait. Really?”

“Really. For example, if they have a reservation at Le Nez Retroussé that night.”

“So the night is just you and your girlfriend, eating dinner by candlelight?”

“Followed by a blanket on the floor in front of the window, to remind her of how after dinner, you ended up sitting together under the stars in the park.”

“Oh my— oh. That is… that is absolutely perfect. How long is it until Valentine’s Day again?”

“Two days.”

“This is going to be a very long two days.”

“It’ll be worth the wait.”

“I know.”

This time, a three-second pause.

“So yeah. If your girlfriend is planning to put together an amazing Valentine’s dinner like that, then you want to be sure you do your part to make the night a good one for her. So what can you do? Well, you could… oh no.”

“Lyra?”

“Oh no.”

“What’s wrong?”

“There’s… there’s nothing I can add.”

“Yeah there is. You said you were going to talk about Valentine’s Day music.”

“Yeah. I was going to suggest putting together a playlist for your date. But compared to your thing, that’s just stupid.”

“No it isn’t.”

“But anyone can make a playlist. And half the songs I was going to pick, like ‘My Party Crew’ and ‘Night Is When the Day Begins,’ don’t even work for a romantic candlelight dinner.”

“Okay, maybe, but—”

“I’m going to ruin Valentine’s Day!”

“Shh. Shh. It’s okay.”

“No! It’s not!”

“It is. Believe me – it is. Your idea is romantic, too.”

“But—”

“Yes. It is. Explain why you were going to suggest ‘My Party Crew.’”

“Well… I was going to say that that would be a good choice if you and your girlfriend used to listen to it all the time when you were in middle school.”

“And I’m guessing ‘Night Is When the Day Begins’ was if that was the song the two of you sang for the talent show when you were in tenth grade?”

“Obviously.”

“See? That’s the same thoughtful thing.”

“But it isn’t as special as actually making dinner and planning a whole romantic evening.”

“Yes it is. Name some of the other songs on your playlist and why they’re there.”

“Okay. So there’s ‘You and I Make Us.’ That would be good if it was in the first movie you ever saw together on a date. And ‘The Stars Tonight,’ because maybe that was the first slow dance the two of you shared at homecoming your freshman year. Then later, songs like ‘My Sweet Sweetheart’ and ‘You Know What I’m Going to Say’ because those make good background music when it’s just the two of you together. And they remind you of your girlfriend.”

“All of that sounds romantic to me.”

“Really?”

“Really. Extremely romantic.”

“But that whole dinner…”

“Is one way to show your girlfriend you love her. Those songs, and the reasons for them, are another. In fact, hearing what you said about those songs makes me want to go listen to them right now. With my own very special somebody.”

Lyra looked down at Bon Bon’s hand, resting below the camera’s frame.

“You know, Valentine’s Day might be what everybody plans for, but any day is a good day to show your girlfriend you love her.”

“That’s… very true. Very true.”

Bon Bon looked at Lyra. Lyra was still looking down.

“Lyra?”

“Bon Bon…”

“Do you want to sign off?”

“Oh! Yes. That. Okay. Um, this is Lyra Heartstrings…”

“…and Bon Bon.”

“And Valentine’s Day… special… for you. Bye!”

Lyra quickly got up. Bon Bon simply smiled, reached over, and turned off the camera.

Comments ( 11 )

I wasn’t planning on jumping backward in time from where I’m currently at in my Lyra and Bon Bon Series (not that it much matters, given how little attention I’ve paid to the humans since the first story), but when I saw that Hasbro was releasing a series of Equestria Girls YouTube-style shorts, it got me thinking about what I’d like to see out of a Lyra/Bon Bon short and inspiration struck. So yes, the two are high school seniors here.

9453868
So are you making more Lyra and Bon Bon stories for your series?

Ri2

KISS ALREADY!

Strange. I'm writing a Valentine's letter for my waifu and this fic happened to give me good advice.

9454134

So are you making more Lyra and Bon Bon stories for your series?

Oh yeah, definitely. I'm just not accomplishing it anywhere nearly as quickly as I wish I could. I blame the necessity of having a job.

9455121
Makes sense. I'll look forward to reading them.

That cover art is spectacular, well done!

The red light is on.

9455791
Thanks. I spent more time than I should have on it.

Your video will begin in 5

Darn it, I thought I had an ad blocker on...

In any case, wonderful bit of human-world "best friend" fluff, though it could have done with a bit more dialogue attribution. Yes, if I were actually watching a video, I could tell them apart by the voices, but that's not an option in this medium.

Still, again, very cute and a lovely addition to the vlog shorts. Thank you for it.

Two teenagers were seated behind a computer desk. In the background, on the far wall, a closed dresser could be seen next to a partially opened closet, inside which was hanging a chevron- and diamond-patterned sleeveless hoodie alongside what appeared to be an owl costume.

I see they kept those after what happened before the friendship games started. :ajsmug:

“Well, I know it’s clichéd, but I think a good way to celebrate the holiday is with a romantic candlelight dinner.”

A perfect idea of you ask me. 👍

“…you can’t go wrong with fresh strawberries and a bowl of warm, melted 70% cacao dark chocolate to dip them in.”

Or just have something sweet like cake or pie for example. :applejackunsure:

Login or register to comment