• Published 25th Dec 2018
  • 696 Views, 0 Comments

From Equestria with Holiday Love - Brian Sheil



Megan receives a lot of holiday surprises

  • ...
 0
 696

Holiday Surprises

One Christmas morning, the Williams kids, Megan, Danny, and Molly, finished opening their Christmas presents. Megan received a beautiful new magenta dress and a bookshelf for her room. Danny got a new coat and boots to keep him warm during winter. And Molly got a fantasy creature calendar and a stuffed owl toy. Everyone was happy.

“Looks like Santa Claus was good to us this year.” Megan praised.

“You said it, sis.” Danny replied. “I’ve been wanting new boots for a long time.”

“I know. Your old ones are still intact though.”

“I’ll probably sell them when we have a yard sale.”

“I’m just happy I got my owl.” Molly chirped. “Now, I have something to keep me company during bedtime.”

Just then, their mother came into the house with six presents in her hands.

“Megan!” The mother called out. “Someone delivered these presents to you.”

“All for me?” Megan gasped.

“Wow!” Danny and Molly yelped at the same time.

Megan was shocked. “Who sent them?”

The mother gave a surprising response. “I don’t know. But, as I was gathering them, I saw something in the sky that looked like your pony friend, Princess Celestia.”

“Princess Celestia was here?”

“You mean,” Molly wondered, “these six gifts came from Equestria?”

Danny saw a card on top of the gift pile. He read the card out loud. “Happy Holidays from your friends of the Mane Six.”

Everybody’s very surprised by the pile of presents. Especially Megan.

“This is overwhelming.” Megan uttered, recovering from this shock. “I don’t know where to begin.”

Megan’s mother picked up a package wrapped in deep blue paper with white stars on it, with a tag attached. “Start with this, honey.” The mother suggested. “This tag has a magenta star and sparkles on it. It’s probably from Princess Twilight Sparkle.”

Megan ripped off the paper. It was a beautiful purple box. Inside the box, was a beautiful necklace and two gold bracelets.

“Ooo.” Molly cooed. “They look pretty.”

“Wow.” Megan said, happily. “They’re beautiful.”

The mother read a card that came with the package. “Dear Megan. I chose this jewelry because you are pretty inside and out. I hope your holidays shine like the stars in the night. Sincerely, the Princess Of Friendship, Twilight Sparkle.”

“That’s nice of her to do that.” Danny figured. “Which package should we look at next?”

Megan picked up a small package, wrapped in sky blue paper. Mrs. Williams sees a tag attached to it.

“A cloud with a colorful lighting bolt.” Mrs. Williams uttered out loud. “That’s the symbol of Rainbow Dash.”

Megan removed the paper. The package turns out to be a book. Danny recognizes it. “Wow! That’s the very first adventure of Daring Do. Megan, that’s so cool.”

Mrs. Williams reads the card attached to the gift. “Hey, Megster. While we were in Manehattan, I decided to buy this book from the book store and save it for you. Hopefully, you’ll know why I like Daring Do so much. Happy Holidays, buddy. -Rainbow Dash.”

“That’s great for your bookshelf, sis.” Molly squealed.

“You got that right, Molly.” Megan replied. “This book will be good to read.”

Next box was a big one. It was wrapped with red paper with balloons all over it.

“Wow!” Molly said joyfully. “Look at those balloons!"

“This must be from Pinkie Pie.” Mrs. Williams figured. “There’s balloons on the tag as well.”

Megan tore off the paper, which covered a box. The box contained a colorful looking miniature cake, packets of hot chocolate, and a shining mug.

“Oh my gosh!” Megan yelped. “It’s some of that Rainbow Fruit sponge cake Pinkie and the Cakes whipped up!”

“Mmmm.” Danny hummed. “Looks delicious.”

The mother read the card. “Hi, Megan. Me and my friends, Mr. and Mrs. Cake, got together to make you this batch of Rainbow Fruit sponge cake. And, my sisters made that mug you received. Maud found the rock material, and Limestone and Marble carved it out. That should help you enjoy the hot chocolate you got. Talk to you soon.-Pinkie Pie.”

“That was so nice of them.” Megan said. “Hot chocolate is great on a cold winter day.”

Next, Megan pulled out a slender box wrapped in glittering blue paper as her mother looked at the tag. “A blue diamond.” The mother uttered. “This package is from Rarity.”

Megan tore off the paper, opened the box, and pulled out a sea foam green sweater with the symbols of the Mane Six stitched on it.

“That’s nice.” Danny calmly said. “Rarity must’ve stitched this herself.”

Megan felt the sweater. “A cotton sweater. This is great.”

Mrs. Williams read the card that came with the sweater. “Hello, darling. In my workshop at home, I personally created this sweater with the designs of our Cutie Marks so that you know we’ll always be with you. With love-Rarity.”

“Aww!” Molly cooed. “That’s so nice of her.”

Megan agreed. “It sure is.”

Next up, was a box wrapped in ordinary brown paper. Mrs. Williams saw a tag with an apple on it. “This package must be from Applejack, the farmer pony.”

Megan remover the paper, opened the box, and pulled out a ordinary straw hat. Megan was happy. “This is nice. It looks like the one Applejack wears.”

Megan’s mother read the card that came with the present. She read it using a southern accent. “Howdy, honey. I saw this hat at a street cart in Manehattan, and it looks like mine. But, I figured since we’re both farmer types, you might like it. Thanks for being a good friend.-Applejack.”

Danny appreciate the simplicity of this present. “Basic, normal, no frills. Applejack has a good heart.”

One more box remains. Wrapped in pink paper. Mrs. Williams saw a butterfly on the attached tag. “This final present must be from Fluttershy.”

Megan unwrapped the Present. It was a lovely yellow velour blanket.

“Feels so soft.” Megan cooed as she was feeling the blanket. “This will keep me warm during those cold nights.”

Her mother read the card that came with the blanket. “I found this blanket at a sale in Manehattan. It felt so good, I thought it could warm you heart and soul. Take care, my friend. Fluttershy.”

“Those are great presents, sis.” Danny happily said. “The Mane Six treated you well.”

“I know.” Megan replied. “These gifts are a nice gesture.”

After breakfast, the family got dressed and enjoyed the snow.

“This is the quietest Christmas we had.” Mrs. Williams informed. “What do you kids have planned?”

Danny started. “My aunt and uncle invited me to spend the night at their place. I love that area because of the snowy hills.”

“Good for sledding, I’m sure.” Mrs. Williams turns to the youngest of the three kids. “How about you, Molly?”

“I got invited by my friends from school for a Holiday slumber party.” Molly answered.

“That’s right. This was planned last week.” Mrs. Williams then turned to Megan. “How about you, Meg?”

Megan gave a quiet answer. “I figured to stay home with you and dad.”

Just then, a familiar sight came into view. The mother recognizes the creature. “Princess Celestia!”

“Merry Christmas, Williams Family.” Celestia greeted. “It’s good to see all of you.”

“You’re always a welcome sight. What brings you here?”

“I wonder if Megan would like to spend time with Twilight and her friends in Ponyville.”

Megan was surprised about the invitation. Her mother gave Megan a response. “Go ahead, honey. A visit to Ponyville is a good idea.”

Megan was very happy to hear that. “Thanks, mom. I’ll be right back.”

The adventurous girl raced back into the house. Later, at Ponyville, Twilight Sparkle and her friends walk through her castle.

“Well, friends. It’s Hearth’s Warming day.” Twilight informed. “Ready for holiday fun?”

“You bet, Twi.” Rainbow Dash answered. “I’m not usually sappy about stuff like this. But, I can get used to this.”

“I wonder what surprises are in store for us.” Pinkie Pie chirped.

When they got out of the castle, they spotted Megan waiting for them.

“Happy Hearth’s Warming, everypony!” Megan greeted.

“Oh my goodness.” Fluttershy uttered. “It’s Megan!”

The Mane Six were happy to see her. She was wearing the sweater Rarity sent, the jewelry from Twilight, and the hat from Applejack.

“Wow!” Twilight shouted. “You look great!”

“Thanks, Twilight.” Megan responded. “You’re presents are great!”

“Our pleasure, Megan.”

“But, why did you ponies decided to send gifts to me?”

Rarity answered. “We wanted to let you have something that reminds you of us, my dear.”

“Yup.” Applejack added. “So, each of us came up with a present idea. And, it looks like you loved them a lot.”

“I sure did.” The young human girl replied.

Pinkie Pie approached Megan. “I’ll bet you’re surprised about the goodies I sent.”

“The cake, the hot cocoa, and the mug? I sure was.” Megan chirped.

A grayish blue pony came along. Megan recognizes the pony. “Limestone Pie! This is a surprise.”

“My dad and mom gave me some time off to join the festivities.” Limestone responded. “I heard you like the mug that came in Pinkie’s package to you.”

“Yes, I did. I heard you, Marble, and Maud worked on it.”

“You guessed correct. Maud found a good heat proof rock to use as material. Marble and I crafted the mug. And, Pinkie helped decorate it. Pinkie may be a wild one, but she does helps out in her own way.”

Limestone got closer and whispered in Megan’s ear. “Marble also slipped in that hot cocoa for you.”

“That very nice of all of you.” Megan cheered.

“I hope you like the blanket I got you.” Fluttershy hoped.

“I sure did.” Megan gave Fluttershy a small kiss. “That blanket will keep me warm in the winter.”

Megan turned to Rainbow Dash. “I didn’t forget you, Dashie. Thank you for the Daring Do book.”

“No problem, Megster.” Rainbow Dash replied.

They saw Silver Spoon, Diamond Tiara, and the Cutie Mark Crusaders playing in the snow. Megan and the Mane Six felt very happy to see this sight.

“The holidays brings the best out of everyone.” Megan said. “Doesn’t it?”

“They sure do, my friend.” Twilight replied.

Later that night, Megan was back home. Wearing her pajamas, she was wrapped warm in Fluttershy’s blanket, sipping her hot cocoa, and reading the book Dash gave her. Megan’s mother walks in.

“The holidays were good to you, aren’t they?” Megan’s mother asked.

“They sure were.” Megan answered. “I never felt this good in a long time.”

“I’m glad to hear that. I’m happy you, Danny, and Molly are friends with the ponies of Equestria. They are very good critters.”

“They sure are. This is one good holiday this year.”

Megan was right. Whether at home, or in Equestria, Megan always felt loved.


THE END

Author's Note:

I just put this story together to celebrate the holidays. Thinking of something this quick is indeed a Christmas miracle.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment