• Published 12th Dec 2018
  • 344 Views, 6 Comments

Finding Herself - Lunar Spice



"Who... am I?" After hitting her head, one pony must go through what nopony ever wants to: rediscovering herself.

  • ...
 6
 344

A Darkened Element

In her throne room, Celestia was pacing. One of the Elements of Harmony had faded and she was trying to keep calm. Her cake sat on her plate where she had abandoned it ages ago.

What if Equestria was threatened while this Element was faded? Celestia knew that all of the Elements had to be in perfect condition in order to work.

As it stood, Equestria was left without its best defenses.

The doors opened and in walked Luna. The princess of the night grimaced; she hated seeing her sister like this.

"Tia, tell Us thy worries," she said, draping a wing over her sister's back in an attempt to comfort her. She guided Celestia to a chair and sat her down, ready to hear whatever had distressed her.

"Luna, I am afraid that Equestria could be in grave danger," Celestia murmured, not yet ready to look in her sister's eyes.

Luna raised an eyebrow. "Sister, tell Us what being wouldst dare prey upon Equestria. We are ready to fight for Our land, should the need arise."

Celestia finally raised her eyes to meet Luna's. "If you are willing to help, then I suppose I must show you what is wrong." She rose and strode out of the throne room, not even glancing to see if her sister was following.

Down one flight of stairs, up two more, down a long corridor they walked. "We really must reorganize the castle so it it easier to move about, dear sister," Luna gasped, on the verge of panting as they reached the end of the corridor and were faced with a steep spiral staircase leading up into one of the towers.

Celestia did not respond for she was still lost in her thoughts. Still without so much as a nod in Luna's direction, she began the journey up the stairs.

When they both had finally reached the top, Celestia used her magic to push on two bricks in the wall opposite them. The wall trembled, then swung open to reveal the glass display case that housed the Elements of Harmony.

Luna peered quizzically at her sister, but, instead of asking questions, she approached the Elements. They seemed fine... until she saw the Element.

"No!"

The shout was heard throughout the castle, reverberating the room where they both stood.

"This cannot be! What has happened to her to allow this fading? Tia, We must make haste to Ponyville before it is too late!"

Celestia sighed and approached the Elements again. Even though she wasn't seeing the faded Element for the first time, it was still painful to see. "No, Lulu, we cannot. Do you not see how the Element is completely blackened? How the edges are threatening to crack? The Bearer must have completely lost her connection to it. There is nothing that can be done."

Luna spun around to face Celestia, shock and betrayal mingling in her eyes. "No! We cannot stand idly by while Equestria is left defenseless. The Element still has yet to crack, so there must still be time. If thy insist upon staying here and lamenting this loss, then We shall not stand in thy way. However, We shall make haste to Ponyville this instant for there is not a moment to lose!" She left in a huff, leaping off the balcony and taking flight into the sky while Celestia watched helplessly. As she turned to face the broken Element once again, a single tear fell from her eyes and landed right in the middle of it.

"I hope you know what you are doing, sister mine."

Comments ( 3 )

Mysterious very Mysterious

Are the chapter names in some sort of weird pattern or is it just random?

9417133
Sorry. I just forgot to create a title for this chapter, so it automatically named it Chapter 3. I'm still working on one, but it should be fixed before the day is over.

Login or register to comment