• Published 5th Jul 2019
  • 327 Views, 3 Comments

Changeling Trust - Nightmare Rift



A Changeling has to earn back the trust of the friends that she had. Before she revealed she was a Changeling, she was pretending to be an Alicorn.

  • ...
 3
 327

Day 90: Hidden

Styx's POV:
I rise the two mornings and teleport myself to Celestia's castle. I appear to see that Twilight is joining us as well. I made sure that Sombra is home with the girls so they didn't have to deal with Celestia. "Celestia, it is time for you to pass judgement on me. So now I ask, am I to leave to the mountains or am I allowed to stay and live in peace?"

"You have not gained the trust of the townsponies, so you will leave for the mountains with Sombra. He will be allowed to go into town to get food, but that is it. Mystel and Orla move to Twilight’s castle and will be allowed to visit on the weekends. I will have spells up to prevent you from going to many places within Equestria. You will go to the mountains in the South and not come back. Do I make myself clear?"

"Yes, Celestia, however, do know that I will not stay there forever. I could outlive you if I wished. Heed my warning, I will return." I spit out and vanish to move the whole house to the South Mountain Range. It doesn't take me long and then I teleport the four of us to Twilight's castle to say goodbye until the weekend comes around. As we make our way to the map room I see that all of the bearers are here, along with Big Mac, Granny Smith, the Cutie Mark Crusaders, the Wonderbolts, the Cake Family, Spike, Starlight, Discord, and even Cheese Sandwich. It seems Pinkie is throwing us a goodbye party, one of which isn't really goodbye, just come visit again soon.

"Styx and Sombra, I hope that you will come back to visit often. As we will all miss you and so will all of the students from my school. However, I will let you know that I told Celestia to not put up a spell around Ponyville, as it would freak out the rest of the town. It also means that you will be able to visit us here as often as you would like. I can't thank you two enough for what you've done."

"Thank you Twilight. Thank you to all of you. This means a lot to both of us, and of course we will come back to visit. However, we must move the house still and Celestia is coming in the door right now. So we will be off." I teleport us off not knowing whether Celestia was actually at the door. As we land in the South Mountains I tap my horn to Sombra's to initiate a large teleportation spell on the house. With our combined magic we succeed. We enter the house and see nothing got too jolted around, except for Basil. I go and kiss him on top of his tiny head and apologize to him. I put on my crystal tracking necklace and decide to visit Cadence one more time before truly going into solitude.

As I fly down towards the Crystal Garden I can't help but wonder if Celestia actually put up spells to prevent me from getting into places. Eh, it's not like her too. I land and alarm bells start blaring, guards come rushing out of the castle, and I simply plop myself onto a bench, and put a shield up around me. I grin wickedly as the guards come running full speed into the shield, only to find themselves back where they started, at the gate they came in. After much more fruitless efforts by the guards, even the unicorns tried to use magic to get in. Ha, as if that would ever work. Soon Cadence comes out to see what the ruckus is. I smile at her and she dismisses the guards entirely. I bring down my shield as she approaches and sits down on the bench.

"I'll have Celestia take the spell down over the garden for you. After all this Empire is technically yours and Sombra's. If I could give it back to you two I would, but Aunt Celestia forbids it and I can't convince her. Especially once she has made up her mind, with or without Starswirl."

"Don't worry too much about Starswirl, he will be occupied in finding me in order to determine what I know. As I burned all of his precious work, so if he wants to know he must seek me out."

"How devious of you, however, I want you to know that you are welcome to visit anytime you like. It is my Empire and I will let my guards know that if it is you that they should simply ignore Celestia's orders."

"Thank you Cadence, you are like a sister I never had. Maybe this weekend Sombra, the girls, and I can come have dinner with you and Shining and Flurry."

"I would love that, I'll make sure to prepare a feast. In fact, what do you say to a feast where the whole Empire is invited!?"

"Cadence! That sounds wonderful, I can't wait until then! I do have one more question, Cadence."

"Anything."

"If Sombra and I ever have a foal, would you be willing to let us come and do a Royal Crystalling? Sombra never got the chance to take a wife before he was sent to Limbo so he never had a child. It is one of his dreams still, and I am hoping that he could one day get it."

"Styx, I would be honored to hold another Royal Crystalling and I'm sure all of the Empire would have their spirits lifted if we did. So, yes, please come back if you ever have a foal. I would be delighted to have you."

"Thank you Cadence, I am going to miss you. However, I should be going, before Celestia decides to show up."

"Of course, however I think I need a hug before you go."

I oblige by her wishes and give her a hug. Knowing that I have a friend and an Empire behind me to defend me if need be. I take off and return back to the house deep in the mountains. Looking forward to the journey ahead of me. Including my wedding that Celestia isn't invited to.

As all turns around
Evil has come back
Good is still reigning
Banish those who can’t accept new

Protect from the light
Turn the tide of war around
Make unicorns, pegasi, and Earth ponies
All under one mind

Protect those who hide
From those who rule
So those who want to see change
Save the Equestria from ruin

Reminder of those lost
So life can be whole
Make the world end
By removing those who rule

Exceptions are made
The Crystal Empire rises
Changelings are at peace
Two Alicorns will rule
One unicorn shall die
By the Elements

Comments ( 1 )

You should link to the previous story. I know you've only written two so far, but it's just in case you decide to write more in the future.

Login or register to comment